PDA

View Full Version : Wacky-Tool

AJH
August 15th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
extends the useful life considerably

Git-R-Done

Brad Killam
August 15th, 2004, 01:34 PM
The tool works well but I have found that using small black zip ties is
easier and better. You can get a bag of 100 at Home Depot for short money.
This way you do not have to mess with the little o-rings. For those that
fish in the winter months, the o-rings are hard to deal with when your
fingers are numb. My senko baits actually last for long than one fish.....

MtMan

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> extends the useful life considerably
>

> Git-R-Done

AJH
August 15th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks,the zip ties sound good and they would be much easier to carry, I
don't need another tool to tote around..

Git-R-Done

AJH
August 15th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks,the zip ties sound good and they would be much easier to carry, I
don't need another tool to tote around..

Git-R-Done

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 15th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your "O"
rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
off. Works perfectly !

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> extends the useful life considerably
>

> Git-R-Done

RichG
August 15th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Now that is one of the "home-made" --great- solutions to problems that I
love! Thanks RichG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
"O"
> rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
> off. Works perfectly !
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > extends the useful life considerably
> >

> > Git-R-Done

Charles B. Summers
August 15th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
"O"
> rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
> off. Works perfectly !
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > extends the useful life considerably
> >

> > Git-R-Done

Charles B. Summers
August 15th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
"O"
> rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
> off. Works perfectly !
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > extends the useful life considerably
> >

> > Git-R-Done

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 16th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Don't know what I did with the last one I got.

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!
>

> "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
> "O"
> > rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O"
ring
> > off. Works perfectly !
> >
> > "AJH" > wrote in message
> > > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style,
Reportedly
> > > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > > extends the useful life considerably
> > >

> > > Git-R-Done

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 16th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Don't know what I did with the last one I got.

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!
>

> "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
> "O"
> > rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O"
ring
> > off. Works perfectly !
> >
> > "AJH" > wrote in message
> > > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style,
Reportedly
> > > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > > extends the useful life considerably
> > >

> > > Git-R-Done

Steve & Chris Clark
August 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Try some ortho elastics for oral use on braces and appliances for
rearranging occlusion and dentition from your local Dentist or Orthodontist.
Some drug stores Cary them too.
--
Steve

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Thanks,the zip ties sound good and they would be much easier to carry, I
> don't need another tool to tote around..
>

> Git-R-Done

---

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Thanks,the zip ties sound good and they would be much easier to carry, I
> don't need another tool to tote around..
>

> Git-R-Done

---

Roy
August 16th, 2004, 05:39 PM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:06:36 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
> wrote:

>Try some ortho elastics for oral use on braces and appliances for
>rearranging occlusion and dentition from your local Dentist or Orthodontist.
>Some drug stores Cary them too.

OK, I give up. What is a Wacky-Tool used for?

Roy
August 16th, 2004, 05:39 PM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:06:36 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
> wrote:

>Try some ortho elastics for oral use on braces and appliances for
>rearranging occlusion and dentition from your local Dentist or Orthodontist.
>Some drug stores Cary them too.

OK, I give up. What is a Wacky-Tool used for?

AJH
August 16th, 2004, 06:51 PM
The Wacky-Tool is used to put "O" rings on senko type bait when whacky
rigging..I think other suggestions are very good, no Wacky-Tool in my
future.. I am going to try 4" wire ties, they seem to be the simplest

Git-R-Done

AJH
August 16th, 2004, 06:51 PM
The Wacky-Tool is used to put "O" rings on senko type bait when whacky
rigging..I think other suggestions are very good, no Wacky-Tool in my
future.. I am going to try 4" wire ties, they seem to be the simplest

Git-R-Done

AJH
August 16th, 2004, 06:51 PM
The Wacky-Tool is used to put "O" rings on senko type bait when whacky
rigging..I think other suggestions are very good, no Wacky-Tool in my
future.. I am going to try 4" wire ties, they seem to be the simplest

Git-R-Done

Steve & Chris Clark
August 16th, 2004, 09:31 PM
These elastics are ALLOT smaller, AJH, more inconspicuous than any 4" wire
tie and reusable too!
Check 'em out too, you won't be sorry! I'll guarantee it! ;-)
--
Steve
"AJH" > wrote in message
> The Wacky-Tool is used to put "O" rings on senko type bait when whacky
> rigging..I think other suggestions are very good, no Wacky-Tool in my
> future.. I am going to try 4" wire ties, they seem to be the simplest
>

> Git-R-Done

---

"AJH" > wrote in message
> The Wacky-Tool is used to put "O" rings on senko type bait when whacky
> rigging..I think other suggestions are very good, no Wacky-Tool in my
> future.. I am going to try 4" wire ties, they seem to be the simplest
>

> Git-R-Done

---

go-bassn
August 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell it!

Warren ;-)

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
"O"
> rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
> off. Works perfectly !
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > extends the useful life considerably
> >

> > Git-R-Done

go-bassn
August 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell it!

Warren ;-)

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
"O"
> rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
> off. Works perfectly !
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > extends the useful life considerably
> >

> > Git-R-Done

go-bassn
August 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell it!

Warren ;-)

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
"O"
> rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O" ring
> off. Works perfectly !
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style, Reportedly
> > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > extends the useful life considerably
> >

> > Git-R-Done

Rodney
August 16th, 2004, 10:51 PM
go-bassn wrote:
> Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell it!
>
> Warren ;-)

As you well know, it takes a lot more than just getting an idea, to
actually make a go of it, that's why you never have, nor will. You will
let others invent the things you fish with Warren, and then complain
about it.

Whether he could actually make money from his idea, would depend on him,
not everyone wants to manufacture their own,, so he just might be able
to, but it will require a lot of work,, and a lot of money, if he wants
to bring it out himself, It requires a lot of work if he would try to
license it to a manufacturer.

Inventions don't have to be complicated, to be valuable,, some of the
best inventions have no moving parts.
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
August 16th, 2004, 10:51 PM

go-bassn wrote:
> Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell it!
>
> Warren ;-)

As you well know, it takes a lot more than just getting an idea, to
actually make a go of it, that's why you never have, nor will. You will
let others invent the things you fish with Warren, and then complain
about it.

Whether he could actually make money from his idea, would depend on him,
not everyone wants to manufacture their own,, so he just might be able
to, but it will require a lot of work,, and a lot of money, if he wants
to bring it out himself, It requires a lot of work if he would try to
license it to a manufacturer.

Inventions don't have to be complicated, to be valuable,, some of the
best inventions have no moving parts.
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

go-bassn
August 16th, 2004, 11:36 PM
ROTFLMAO, Fish On!

Warren ;-)

"Rodney" > wrote in message
> go-bassn wrote:
> > Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell
it!

> > Warren ;-)
>
> As you well know, it takes a lot more than just getting an idea, to
> actually make a go of it, that's why you never have, nor will. You will
> let others invent the things you fish with Warren, and then complain
> about it.
>
> Whether he could actually make money from his idea, would depend on him,
> not everyone wants to manufacture their own,, so he just might be able
> to, but it will require a lot of work,, and a lot of money, if he wants
> to bring it out himself, It requires a lot of work if he would try to
> license it to a manufacturer.
>
> Inventions don't have to be complicated, to be valuable,, some of the
> best inventions have no moving parts.
> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
> and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 17th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Oh Let's don't go there........I wonder what Sharpie would say knowing I was
using their parts for this ?

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Damn Jerry, if you were Rodney you could call that an invention & sell it!
>
> Warren ;-)
>
> "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of your
> "O"
> > rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O"
ring
> > off. Works perfectly !
> >
> > "AJH" > wrote in message
> > > Any one seen or have a Wacky-Tool? They are sold by Northern Bass
> > > Supply.. Used to rig senko type baits Texas or wacky style,
Reportedly
> > > this tool will allow you to put a "O" ring (real easy) on the bait and
> > > extends the useful life considerably
> > >

> > > Git-R-Done

Rodney
August 17th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
> Oh Let's don't go there........I wonder what Sharpie would say knowing I was
> using their parts for this ?

Actually they would say,, "tell the world", (so more fishermen would buy
their product), or "do you want to buy the barrels in bulk from us" ?

Both ways

They make money, and that is all they care about

I'm sure you could design "their" barrel, even better,, it's just a
molded or extruded piece of plastic

Inventors always use parts like this from other stuff to make their
proto types from. I have a plastic wielder I use to modify plastic parts
taken from hundreds of other products.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Brad Coovert
August 17th, 2004, 03:41 AM
>ROTFLMAO, Fish On!
>
>Warren ;-)

Omori won the Classic fishing baits someone else invented. In fact, most of
the pros fish with something someone else invented. Seldom, if ever do any of
them complain about it.

Maybe they seceretly complain about the special rigs they secretly use and
cannot talk about. ;-)

Go figure, eh Warren?

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
August 17th, 2004, 03:41 AM
>ROTFLMAO, Fish On!
>
>Warren ;-)

Omori won the Classic fishing baits someone else invented. In fact, most of
the pros fish with something someone else invented. Seldom, if ever do any of
them complain about it.

Maybe they seceretly complain about the special rigs they secretly use and
cannot talk about. ;-)

Go figure, eh Warren?

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:52 AM
You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain about
the baits & tackle that I use either.

I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in many
"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?

Go figure, eh Brad?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

August 17th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Ya lost in in all that hair Jerry...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Don't know what I did with the last one I got.
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!
> >

> > "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > > Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of
your
> > "O"
> > > rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O"
> ring
> > > off. Works perfectly !

> Reportedly

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Ya lost in in all that hair Jerry...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Don't know what I did with the last one I got.
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!
> >

> > "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > > Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of
your
> > "O"
> > > rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O"
> ring
> > > off. Works perfectly !

> Reportedly

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Ya lost in in all that hair Jerry...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Don't know what I did with the last one I got.
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > Sounds like Jerry needs another "Harry and Charlie" cap!
> >

> > "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > > Take the long grey part of a Sharpie and twist it off, slide all of
your
> > "O"
> > > rings onto the part, stick your Senko into the part, and roll the "O"
> ring
> > > off. Works perfectly !

> Reportedly

Brad Coovert
August 17th, 2004, 05:35 AM
One thing I have learned in bass fishing is that nothing stays a secret very
long in tournament fishing. Someone always spills the beans sooner or later,
usually your non-boater!

>"go-bassn"
>Date: 8/16/2004 10:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain about
>the baits & tackle that I use either.
>
>I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in many
>"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
>winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?
>
>Go figure, eh Brad?
>
>Warren
>--
>http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
>2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
August 17th, 2004, 05:35 AM
One thing I have learned in bass fishing is that nothing stays a secret very
long in tournament fishing. Someone always spills the beans sooner or later,
usually your non-boater!

>"go-bassn"
>Date: 8/16/2004 10:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain about
>the baits & tackle that I use either.
>
>I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in many
>"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
>winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?
>
>Go figure, eh Brad?
>
>Warren
>--
>http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
>2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
August 17th, 2004, 05:35 AM
One thing I have learned in bass fishing is that nothing stays a secret very
long in tournament fishing. Someone always spills the beans sooner or later,
usually your non-boater!

>"go-bassn"
>Date: 8/16/2004 10:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain about
>the baits & tackle that I use either.
>
>I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in many
>"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
>winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?
>
>Go figure, eh Brad?
>
>Warren
>--
>http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
>2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:03 PM
You're right Brad, I'd love to fish a circuit where everyone goes solo.

Warren

"Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> One thing I have learned in bass fishing is that nothing stays a secret
very
> long in tournament fishing. Someone always spills the beans sooner or
later,
> usually your non-boater!
>

> >"go-bassn"
> >Date: 8/16/2004 10:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
> >
> >You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain
about
> >the baits & tackle that I use either.
> >
> >I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in
many
> >"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
> >winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?
> >
> >Go figure, eh Brad?
> >
> >Warren
> >--
> >http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> >http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> >2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> Brad Coovert
> 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
> http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:03 PM
You're right Brad, I'd love to fish a circuit where everyone goes solo.

Warren

"Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> One thing I have learned in bass fishing is that nothing stays a secret
very
> long in tournament fishing. Someone always spills the beans sooner or
later,
> usually your non-boater!
>

> >"go-bassn"
> >Date: 8/16/2004 10:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
> >
> >You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain
about
> >the baits & tackle that I use either.
> >
> >I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in
many
> >"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
> >winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?
> >
> >Go figure, eh Brad?
> >
> >Warren
> >--
> >http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> >http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> >2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> Brad Coovert
> 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
> http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Lester
August 19th, 2004, 08:46 PM
> Try some ortho elastics

I'm a bit confused. I just started using Senkos this year and they do
come apart rather quickly. How exactly would I use these bands to hook
the worm and prolong its life?

Steve & Chris Clark
August 23rd, 2004, 02:38 AM
Just the same way as they suggested with the tie wrap. Just put these
rubber bands on the bait first and roll them down over the hook to keep its
place in the bait. You may have to double the band in some cases, figure
eight it in half and create the smaller, tighter, diameter. (More like the
"O" ring style)Or, you can put the band on the hook with the figure eight
and slip the bait between the hook and the bait. This is hard to explain, I
hope you can visualise what I am trying to say ;-)
--
Steve

"Lester" > wrote in message
om...
> > Try some ortho elastics
>
> I'm a bit confused. I just started using Senkos this year and they do
> come apart rather quickly. How exactly would I use these bands to hook
> the worm and prolong its life?

---

Lester
August 23rd, 2004, 02:40 PM
> Just the same way as they suggested with the tie wrap. Just put these
> rubber bands on the bait first and roll them down over the hook to keep its
> place in the bait. You may have to double the band in some cases, figure
> eight it in half and create the smaller, tighter, diameter. (More like the
> "O" ring style)Or, you can put the band on the hook with the figure eight
> and slip the bait between the hook and the bait. This is hard to explain, I
> hope you can visualise what I am trying to say ;-)
> --
> Steve

Are you guys saying that the bands let me hook the Senko without
penetrating the worm at all? How can I do this if I want a Texas type
rig or some other weedless setup. I can see how jigging type action
can be done with the rings, is there a trolling setup also?
Lester

Steve & Chris Clark
August 23rd, 2004, 06:01 PM
This is just off the top of my head here so.....;-)
I guess you cloud if you wanted to. Use a #5 offset hook and attach the bait
in two places, one to the eye area of the hook, then slide a loose elastic
on the hook and let it dangle, then use the second elastic to attach the
hook at its other end, then use the dangling elastic to stretch from the "L"
bend near the eye of the hook to the barb to make it somewhat weedless. You
could just bury the hook in the body of the Senko help too. Maybe you could
use two hooks on either side of the Senko using a few elastics too. A
Senko sandwiched between two hooks? (if legal in your state?)
--
Steve
"Lester" > wrote in message
om...
> Are you guys saying that the bands let me hook the Senko without
> penetrating the worm at all? How can I do this if I want a Texas type
> rig or some other weedless setup. I can see how jigging type action
> can be done with the rings, is there a trolling setup also?
> Lester

---

AJH
August 23rd, 2004, 07:53 PM
I received a Northern Bass Supply catalog today, the Wacky-Tool looks
some what like a Bic pen, the "o" rings are just rolled off the tool
onto the senko..A Bic pen is a lot cheaper than the 10 bucks for the
Wacky-Tool... I can't see how you could "T"rig a senko using a "o" ring
Maybe using a little Soft Bait Glue where the hook penetrates a T
rigged senko would extend the useful life..

Git-R-Done

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
August 24th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Instead of a Bic pen, use the long grey part of a Sharpie, it's a perfect
size.