PDA

View Full Version : lure?

Gone Angling
November 13th, 2003, 10:38 PM
I was fishing along side a guy who was catching a lot of fish. He looked at my
lure and more or less said his lure is better. At least that is what i think he
said. He fished with a lot of confidence and i later heard others say that he
had done very well at other times too. I forgot to ask him the f%%%ing name of
the lure.
I saw him again and asked him what was the name of the lure. He changed the
subject and would only say it was made in America. The lad was also a little
hard to understand cause of his old country accent.
The lure was like a minnow plug. However it didn't exactly look like a minnow
plug or track like one either. It was long and cylindrical and somewhat in the
shape of a skitter pop. It definitely wasn't a topwater. It would retrieve at
about a 2 foot depth and has much of a wobble as a jointed lure. It definitely
wasn't a suspending bait either and it didn't appear to have a diving lip
either. The colour was fire tiger. Can anybody put a name to it?

Chuck Coger
November 13th, 2003, 11:43 PM
A Spence Scout
http://www.strikeking.com/tips/spencescout.shtml

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> I was fishing along side a guy who was catching a lot of fish. He looked
at my
> lure and more or less said his lure is better. At least that is what i
think he
> said. He fished with a lot of confidence and i later heard others say that
he
> had done very well at other times too. I forgot to ask him the f%%%ing
name of
> the lure.
> I saw him again and asked him what was the name of the lure. He changed
the
> subject and would only say it was made in America. The lad was also a
little
> hard to understand cause of his old country accent.
> The lure was like a minnow plug. However it didn't exactly look like a
minnow
> plug or track like one either. It was long and cylindrical and somewhat in
the
> shape of a skitter pop. It definitely wasn't a topwater. It would retrieve
at
> about a 2 foot depth and has much of a wobble as a jointed lure. It
definitely
> wasn't a suspending bait either and it didn't appear to have a diving lip
> either. The colour was fire tiger. Can anybody put a name to it?

Bob La Londe
November 14th, 2003, 03:34 PM
It might be one of those wedge front wood cranks that were famous in
California. Mostly hand carved until recent years.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

m...