PDA

View Full Version : Doc's Tin Boat

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 15th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper. See it really does exist. Doc

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=3

Bob La Londe
November 15th, 2003, 02:41 PM
"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper. See
it really does exist. Doc

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file
=index&do=showgall&gid=3

That's one fine fishing machine you got there.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Bob
November 15th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Cool. But why such a big boat? ;-)

Gotta get some pics of mine to put up there.

Bob

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper. See
it really does exist. Doc

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=3

go-bassn
November 15th, 2003, 06:15 PM
That's a fine rig Bill, wanna race?

WW;-)

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper. See
it really does exist. Doc

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file
=index&do=showgall&gid=3

Dave Norton
November 15th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Shucks I'd just like to try the Big "O" in it.Hehehe!

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> That's a fine rig Bill, wanna race?
>
> WW;-)
>
> "Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> > Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper.
See
> it really does exist. Doc

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file
> =index&do=showgall&gid=3

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 16th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Your Statos may be bigger and faster but the little tin boat will fit in those spots where you'd get stuck! ;}~ Doc

"go-bassn" > wrote in message ...
That's a fine rig Bill, wanna race?

WW;-)

go-bassn
November 16th, 2003, 05:43 AM
I here that Bill - right now it's stuck in the garage...it's freezing here!

You lucky %^%#$%#$

WW

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> Your Statos may be bigger and faster but the little tin boat will fit in
those spots where you'd get stuck! ;}~ Doc
> ================================================== ==========
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> That's a fine rig Bill, wanna race?
>
> WW;-)

Huck Palmatier
November 16th, 2003, 09:44 AM
....what more do you need?. I like the oversized extinguisher for floatation.
said Huck

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 16th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Freezing? It's not freezing. It in the 80's out side. Come on down. Bill P.

"go-bassn" > wrote in message ...
I here that Bill - right now it's stuck in the garage...it's freezing here!

You lucky %^%#$%#$

WW

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 16th, 2003, 02:19 PM
After one fire at sea (USS Spartenburg Co. LST 1192) I decided bigger is better when you have no where to run. :{ Doc

"Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message news:GFHtb.835$zx.626@lakeread03...
....what more do you need?. I like the oversized extinguisher for floatation.
said Huck

Rich Conley
November 19th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Just curious why you'd need a trolling motor in a small boat with a small motor like that. Care to explain
to me?

I have a canoe..so I'm clueless in this stuff.

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote:

> Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper. See it really does exist. Doc
>
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=3

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 19th, 2003, 11:38 PM
That "small" motor is actually a 9.5 Johnson and even at idle is to fast to manuver slowly (the boat is only 12 ft.). The outboard
gets me to the area I want to fish faster and with out running My battery down (1 battery runs the trolling moter and the GPS/Sonar.
The trolling moter is much quieter after the outboard gets me to the area I want to fish. Also I bought a bigger than needed Minn
Kota (55lb thrust) so that when I can afford to up grade to a larger boat I won't have to by another. I would trade down on the
outboard but the darn thing runs so well I hate to give it up. Doc

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote:

> Here's a link to Outdoor Frontiers pictures of my tin puddle jumper. See it really does exist. Doc
>
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=3

John Kerr
November 19th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Re: Doc's Tin Boat

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Sun, Nov 16, 2003, 9:19am (CST+1)
From: (Doc=A0(The=A0Tin=A0Boat=A0King))
After one fire at sea (USS Spartenburg Co. LST 1192) I decided bigger is
better when you have no where to run. =A0 :{ =A0 =A0 Doc
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D
"Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message
news:GFHtb.835$zx.626@lakeread03... ...what more do you need?. I like
the oversized extinguisher for floatation.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Hey Doc...I second the motion! Was on a couple carriers that had some
pretty scary fires break out...and even though we had more room to "run"
than on that little LST...I still was SCARED! We always had a saying in
the "Airdale" dept., the only time ya have to much fuel is when you'er
on fire! <g>
JK

RichZ
November 20th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Rich wrote:
> curious why you'd need a trolling motor in a small boat with a small motor l

In the world of bass fishing, electric trolling motors have nothing to do with
trolling, and would better be described as electric positioning motors.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
November 20th, 2003, 01:25 PM
"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> I did notice that the trolling motor was LARGE..lol
> In the words of Tim Taylor.. There's no such thing as too much power!

Those are words that I live by!!!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

RGarri7470
November 20th, 2003, 03:16 PM
>> In the words of Tim Taylor.. There's no such thing as too much power!
>
>Those are words that I live by!!!
>--
>Steve

Except when you grab a live wire!