PDA

View Full Version : 5.75 Lb 19 inch small mouth bass

Patrick Sarsfield
August 17th, 2004, 03:23 AM
My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug 04.

We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.

Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????

The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa Ontario

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:43 AM
5.75 pounds, 19 inches? Is that in Canadian pounds? That would have to be
one very fat smallmouth.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Patrick Sarsfield" > wrote in message
om...
> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug
04.

> We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
>
> Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
>
> The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa
Ontario

go-bassn
August 17th, 2004, 04:43 AM
5.75 pounds, 19 inches? Is that in Canadian pounds? That would have to be
one very fat smallmouth.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Patrick Sarsfield" > wrote in message
om...
> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug
04.

> We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
>
> Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
>
> The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa
Ontario

John
August 17th, 2004, 05:12 AM
According to my 2001 IGFA World Record book page 253 Junior World Records
for Smallmouth Bass, the Male Junior record WAS 3 pound 4 oz. Could not
find my current 2003 book. Find application form and all the info at:
http://igfa.org/records.asp

FWIW tell him that the Junior GIRL PENDING world record for smallmouth bass
is 5 pounds and 8 ounces. (see bottom of page)

Also make sure you follow all the application rules precisely. I know, they
are sticklers for applying the rules as written.

Good luck!
John

--
Remove FLY to reply

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> 5.75 pounds, 19 inches? Is that in Canadian pounds? That would have to
be
> one very fat smallmouth.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "Patrick Sarsfield" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug
> 04.
> >
> > We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
> >
> > Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
> >
> > The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa
> Ontario

John
August 17th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Oops. IGFA changed their format. GIRL PENDING is incorrect. Make that
GIRL RECORD.
Sorry I missed that.
John

--
Remove FLY to reply

"John" > wrote in message
> According to my 2001 IGFA World Record book page 253 Junior World Records
> for Smallmouth Bass, the Male Junior record WAS 3 pound 4 oz. Could not
> find my current 2003 book. Find application form and all the info at:
> http://igfa.org/records.asp
>
> FWIW tell him that the Junior GIRL PENDING world record for smallmouth
bass
> is 5 pounds and 8 ounces. (see bottom of page)
>
> Also make sure you follow all the application rules precisely. I know,
they
> are sticklers for applying the rules as written.
>
> Good luck!
> John
>

> --
> Remove FLY to reply
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > 5.75 pounds, 19 inches? Is that in Canadian pounds? That would have to
> be
> > one very fat smallmouth.
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
> >

> > "Patrick Sarsfield" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12
Aug
> > 04.
> > >
> > > We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
> > >
> > > Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
> > >
> > > The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa
> > Ontario

Cameron
August 18th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug 04.
>
> We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
>
> Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
>
> The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa Ontario

Should have tossed a Smallie like that back.

--
It's obvious what should be removed to make this a valid email address

Cameron
August 18th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug 04.
>
> We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
>
> Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
>
> The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa Ontario

Should have tossed a Smallie like that back.

--
It's obvious what should be removed to make this a valid email address

Rodney
August 18th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Cameron wrote:
> Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
>
>> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12
>> Aug 04.

Here is a 19 inch small mouth my son landed Saturday, it weighed 5 lb 9 Ozes
It was a keeper , but he is not having it mounted

http://ezknot.com/wes.html

At least I think it is a small mouth

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
August 18th, 2004, 01:19 AM

Cameron wrote:
> Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
>
>> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12
>> Aug 04.

Here is a 19 inch small mouth my son landed Saturday, it weighed 5 lb 9 Ozes
It was a keeper , but he is not having it mounted

http://ezknot.com/wes.html

At least I think it is a small mouth

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

bill a
August 19th, 2004, 08:49 PM
maybe the fish needs to have the downrigger weight removed :)

bill

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> 5.75 pounds, 19 inches? Is that in Canadian pounds? That would have to
be
> one very fat smallmouth.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "Patrick Sarsfield" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug
> 04.
> >
> > We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.
> >
> > Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????
> >
> > The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa
> Ontario

Larry Runkle
August 20th, 2004, 02:01 AM
"Rodney" .> wrote in message
> Cameron wrote:
> > Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
> >
> >> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12
> >> Aug 04.
>
> Here is a 19 inch small mouth my son landed Saturday, it weighed 5 lb 9
Ozes
> It was a keeper , but he is not having it mounted
>
> http://ezknot.com/wes.html
>
> At least I think it is a small mouth
>
> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
> and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Congrats Rodney, I bet he won't stay a smallmouth for very long :-)

Larry

Larry Runkle
August 20th, 2004, 02:01 AM
"Rodney" .> wrote in message
> Cameron wrote:
> > Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
> >
> >> My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12
> >> Aug 04.
>
> Here is a 19 inch small mouth my son landed Saturday, it weighed 5 lb 9
Ozes
> It was a keeper , but he is not having it mounted
>
> http://ezknot.com/wes.html
>
> At least I think it is a small mouth
>
> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
> and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Congrats Rodney, I bet he won't stay a smallmouth for very long :-)

Larry

Rodney
August 20th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Larry Runkle wrote:

> Congrats Rodney, I bet he won't stay a smallmouth for very long :-)
>
> Larry

LArry, it seams he evolved into another species

When he was born my daughter in law said he sounded so cute, like a
little puppy, of course the doctors didn't think that was cute, and in
the plastic box he went. I talked to her yesterday, and she told me his
voice has changed, and the volume went way up. she and the son got no
sleep the first night home with him.

On his fishing sponsorship, I found out yesterday, Bass Pro Shops has
sent out his first free products. I don't have a clue what, but I
understand it has Bass Pro shops logo on it all, I would bet he will
have to gain some weight to wear it :-)

If all goes well I will get to go see him in 8 days, and get some more
photos