PDA

View Full Version : Kreatures as a top water lure?

Christopher P. Cericola
August 18th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Today I was out practicing hook sets and wokring with kreatures. I hit 3
bass, got 2. I only lost the one because I wasn't paying attention as I was
talking to someone. I must admit, I'm loving the kreatures..so to my real
question..

The last bass I hit, I hit as soon as it hit the surface..(or damn near
close). It hit the surface and the bass crushed it. I even saw him jump
for it.. It got me thinking..could the yamamoto kreature make a good
surface lure? It's little legs do have some nice action to it..anyone try
this? If so, how did you try rigging it?

Christopher

alwaysfishking
August 18th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Rig it the way you were rigging it, use the 4/0 EWG, but skin tuck the hook
like I showed you. I can't imagine that it wouldn't produce as a topwater
when that particular bite is on. Like I said ,vary the retrieve often until
you find out what they want. If that happened when I was out I would have
burned that creature bait all over that lake
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> Today I was out practicing hook sets and wokring with kreatures. I hit 3
> bass, got 2. I only lost the one because I wasn't paying attention as I
was
> talking to someone. I must admit, I'm loving the kreatures..so to my real
> question..
>
> The last bass I hit, I hit as soon as it hit the surface..(or damn near
> close). It hit the surface and the bass crushed it. I even saw him jump
> for it.. It got me thinking..could the yamamoto kreature make a good
> surface lure? It's little legs do have some nice action to it..anyone try
> this? If so, how did you try rigging it?
>
> Christopher

Brad Coovert
August 18th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Chris, I fish the the Kreature, but not as a topwater. I'm sure it will work
just fine though as a topwater.

I would rig it on a 3/0 EWG hook, texposed with the point buried back under the
plastic. Allows for weedless fishing yet will pop into the fishes mouth pretty
easy.

Just remember that with all topwater fishing, especially soft baits and frogs,
you will miss and lose some fish.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com