PDA

View Full Version : rod mishap

Lure builder
August 18th, 2004, 02:19 AM
I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and was a
little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long story
short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll likely
scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail it
back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the warranty
should be honoured.

Illinois Fisherman
August 18th, 2004, 02:58 AM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I was fishing last night and had my big one in hand. I had an audience and
>was a
> little nervous from my early season giving the finger to all. To make a
> long story
> short I slapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart billed so i'll
> likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement for my big one. If i don't get it from
> them in my end, i'll mail > my shorts back to the manufacturer. My rear is
> happening during fishing so the warranty
> should be honoured.

You are such a DUMB BASS.

Someone should kick you in the icehole.

Your picture is in the Webster's under IDIOT.

Illinois Fisherman
August 18th, 2004, 02:58 AM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I was fishing last night and had my big one in hand. I had an audience and
>was a
> little nervous from my early season giving the finger to all. To make a
> long story
> short I slapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart billed so i'll
> likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement for my big one. If i don't get it from
> them in my end, i'll mail > my shorts back to the manufacturer. My rear is
> happening during fishing so the warranty
> should be honoured.

You are such a DUMB BASS.

Someone should kick you in the icehole.

Your picture is in the Webster's under IDIOT.

go-bassn
August 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
You are a birth mishap.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and
was a
> little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
story
> short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail
it
> back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
warranty
> should be honoured.

go-bassn
August 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
You are a birth mishap.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and
was a
> little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
story
> short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail
it
> back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
warranty
> should be honoured.

BassMr
August 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Alice,how does it feel to be the poster child for the Pro-Abortion crowd ?
PLONK!
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and
was a
> little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
story
> short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail
it
> back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
warranty
> should be honoured.

BassMr
August 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Alice,how does it feel to be the poster child for the Pro-Abortion crowd ?
PLONK!
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and
was a
> little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
story
> short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail
it
> back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
warranty
> should be honoured.

Lure builder
August 18th, 2004, 08:56 PM
I was just relating an event. Here I am trying to avoid a hook in the finger
and a trip to the doctor and my rod snaps. You can feel the pressure when you
have people watching you unhook a fish and asking can eat the fish?, is it a
good one?, do you need a hand?, what type of fish is that? what bait you using?
and other rapid fire questions as for taking the rod back most on this group
would do the same. I've broken several rods while fishing and the warranty
covers it. The warranty premium cost is built into the cost of the original
purchase.

Lure builder
August 18th, 2004, 08:56 PM
I was just relating an event. Here I am trying to avoid a hook in the finger
and a trip to the doctor and my rod snaps. You can feel the pressure when you
have people watching you unhook a fish and asking can eat the fish?, is it a
good one?, do you need a hand?, what type of fish is that? what bait you using?
and other rapid fire questions as for taking the rod back most on this group
would do the same. I've broken several rods while fishing and the warranty
covers it. The warranty premium cost is built into the cost of the original
purchase.

Bubba Test
August 18th, 2004, 09:30 PM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and
was a
> little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
story
> short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail
it
> back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
warranty
> should be honoured.

Builder, I was in the audience watching with fasination hoping you would
land that lunker. I was as distraught as you were when you failed to land
that pig. In any event, I have taken the liberty to contact Wal*Mart for
you and discussed your situation with them. They will be happy to replace
your rod under the manufacturer's warranty but have asked me to get some
information from you in advance. Please post your full name, current
address, city, state, and zip, your telephone number with area code, your
social security number, and a desciption of your height, weight, body build,
hair and eye color. As a courtesy to you, I will personally pick up the
broken rod, return it to the store, and bring back the replacement. I will
bring my two toothless, banjo-playing uncle-brothers with me and we will
escort you to a nice hidden fishing hole where we will show you how to use
your new fishing rod. Please reply as soon as you get this message. Thank
you.

Bubba Test
August 18th, 2004, 09:30 PM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience and
was a
> little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
story
> short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
likely
> scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll mail
it
> back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
warranty
> should be honoured.

Builder, I was in the audience watching with fasination hoping you would
land that lunker. I was as distraught as you were when you failed to land
that pig. In any event, I have taken the liberty to contact Wal*Mart for
you and discussed your situation with them. They will be happy to replace
your rod under the manufacturer's warranty but have asked me to get some
information from you in advance. Please post your full name, current
address, city, state, and zip, your telephone number with area code, your
social security number, and a desciption of your height, weight, body build,
hair and eye color. As a courtesy to you, I will personally pick up the
broken rod, return it to the store, and bring back the replacement. I will
bring my two toothless, banjo-playing uncle-brothers with me and we will
escort you to a nice hidden fishing hole where we will show you how to use
your new fishing rod. Please reply as soon as you get this message. Thank
you.

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 01:47 AM
You are a birth mishap.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was just relating an event. Here I am trying to avoid a hook in the
finger
> and a trip to the doctor and my rod snaps. You can feel the pressure when
you
> have people watching you unhook a fish and asking can eat the fish?, is it
> good one?, do you need a hand?, what type of fish is that? what bait you
using?
> and other rapid fire questions as for taking the rod back most on this
group
> would do the same. I've broken several rods while fishing and the warranty
> covers it. The warranty premium cost is built into the cost of the
original
> purchase.

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 01:47 AM
You are a birth mishap.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I was just relating an event. Here I am trying to avoid a hook in the
finger
> and a trip to the doctor and my rod snaps. You can feel the pressure when
you
> have people watching you unhook a fish and asking can eat the fish?, is it
> good one?, do you need a hand?, what type of fish is that? what bait you
using?
> and other rapid fire questions as for taking the rod back most on this
group
> would do the same. I've broken several rods while fishing and the warranty
> covers it. The warranty premium cost is built into the cost of the
original
> purchase.

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Damn Bubba, you trying to get the knucklehead mail-bombed???

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Bubba Test" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience
and
> was a
> > little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
> story
> > short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
> likely
> > scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll
mail
> it
> > back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
> warranty
> > should be honoured.
>
> Builder, I was in the audience watching with fasination hoping you would
> land that lunker. I was as distraught as you were when you failed to land
> that pig. In any event, I have taken the liberty to contact Wal*Mart for
> you and discussed your situation with them. They will be happy to replace
> your rod under the manufacturer's warranty but have asked me to get some
> information from you in advance. Please post your full name, current
> address, city, state, and zip, your telephone number with area code, your
> social security number, and a desciption of your height, weight, body
build,
> hair and eye color. As a courtesy to you, I will personally pick up the
> broken rod, return it to the store, and bring back the replacement. I
will
> bring my two toothless, banjo-playing uncle-brothers with me and we will
> escort you to a nice hidden fishing hole where we will show you how to use
> your new fishing rod. Please reply as soon as you get this message.
Thank
> you.

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Damn Bubba, you trying to get the knucklehead mail-bombed???

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Bubba Test" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience
and
> was a
> > little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
> story
> > short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
> likely
> > scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll
mail
> it
> > back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
> warranty
> > should be honoured.
>
> Builder, I was in the audience watching with fasination hoping you would
> land that lunker. I was as distraught as you were when you failed to land
> that pig. In any event, I have taken the liberty to contact Wal*Mart for
> you and discussed your situation with them. They will be happy to replace
> your rod under the manufacturer's warranty but have asked me to get some
> information from you in advance. Please post your full name, current
> address, city, state, and zip, your telephone number with area code, your
> social security number, and a desciption of your height, weight, body
build,
> hair and eye color. As a courtesy to you, I will personally pick up the
> broken rod, return it to the store, and bring back the replacement. I
will
> bring my two toothless, banjo-playing uncle-brothers with me and we will
> escort you to a nice hidden fishing hole where we will show you how to use
> your new fishing rod. Please reply as soon as you get this message.
Thank
> you.

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Doubts? After all this time? Anyone with any IS stump stupid!

Warren
--

"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> [...]

> >broken rod, return it to the store, and bring back the replacement. I
will
> >bring my two toothless, banjo-playing uncle-brothers with me and we will
> >escort you to a nice hidden fishing hole where we will show you how to
use
> >your new fishing rod. Please reply as soon as you get this message.
Thank
> >you.
>
> If anyone had any doubts as to this idiot being a troll, this
> latest post should put them to bed...permanently. After this,
> I dare anyone to defend this fool.
>
> Nobody, and I mean nobody, could be this stump-stupid.
>

> ------------------------
> http://www.kerry-04.com/
> "Conservatives believe man was created in God's
> image, while liberals believe they are gods.
> They revere the UN and not the U.S. because

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I'm just gonna plonk the guy again lol...

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:30:51 -0400, "go-bassn" >
> wrote:
>
> >Doubts? After all this time? Anyone with any IS stump stupid!
>
> Some that have passed through here, defending him? You bet.
>

> ------------------------
> http://www.kerry-04.com/
> "Conservatives believe man was created in God's
> image, while liberals believe they are gods.
> They revere the UN and not the U.S. because
> they aren't Americans, they are gods."
> - Ann Coulter

spoonplugger
August 19th, 2004, 06:28 PM
first how the hell does one break a rod in TWO places wilst landing a fish?
second this is the same story you posted last year with the exception of the
second break
thirdly how the hell do you break so many damn rods?
your either a complete idiot or your full of crap
everyone here knows it is both, but in all seriousness here
AL what do you get by posting something this stupid?
personaly i have fished all my life and caught many different types of fish
other than having one stepped on, have never broke a rod in my life so how
do you break so many? you might need a new hobby or maybe you need someone
to teach you how to fish and care for your gear
because you obviously are doing it very wrong.
personally i think you should take up coin or stamp collecting something
quiet and simple that has a different news group than this one.
Wayne

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Damn Bubba, you trying to get the knucklehead mail-bombed???
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "Bubba Test" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> >
> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > I was fishing last night and had a big one to land. I had an audience
> and
> > was a
> > > little nervous from my early season hook in the finger. To make a long
> > story
> > > short I snapped my rod in two places. I have my walmart bill so i'll
> > likely
> > > scoot up there to get a repalcement. If i don't get it from them i'll
> mail
> > it
> > > back to the manufacturer. My view is it happened during fishing so the
> > warranty
> > > should be honoured.
> >
> > Builder, I was in the audience watching with fasination hoping you would
> > land that lunker. I was as distraught as you were when you failed to
land
> > that pig. In any event, I have taken the liberty to contact Wal*Mart
for
> > you and discussed your situation with them. They will be happy to
replace
> > your rod under the manufacturer's warranty but have asked me to get some
> > information from you in advance. Please post your full name, current
> > address, city, state, and zip, your telephone number with area code,
your
> > social security number, and a desciption of your height, weight, body
> build,
> > hair and eye color. As a courtesy to you, I will personally pick up the
> > broken rod, return it to the store, and bring back the replacement. I
> will
> > bring my two toothless, banjo-playing uncle-brothers with me and we will
> > escort you to a nice hidden fishing hole where we will show you how to
use
> > your new fishing rod. Please reply as soon as you get this message.
> Thank
> > you.

AJH
August 19th, 2004, 07:34 PM
A trolls objective is to **** people off, Al has done this time and time
again and he still gets responses and gets some guys all mad..Lets face
it, he's a part of ROFB like it or not...deal with it....

Git-R-Done

AJH
August 19th, 2004, 07:34 PM
A trolls objective is to **** people off, Al has done this time and time
again and he still gets responses and gets some guys all mad..Lets face
it, he's a part of ROFB like it or not...deal with it....

Git-R-Done

Fritz Nordengren
August 20th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Ahhhhh, the pure sentimentality of it all. Sice I read the group on
Google, this "thread" actually began on April 15 2001 when Al, then
posting as JAJWUTH wrote:

I notice when i cast the upper half of my rod twists clockwise. It is
annoying
since it has to be straightened by me. It also effects the length of my
cast.
It is a Hank Parker rod. The retailer that sold it to me retreated back
to USA.
I had a real embarassing moment when the whole top of my rod flew off
into the
water.
It seems to me the ferrule doesn't fit tight enough. Would this be a
manufacturer's defect? Is there a remedy or have i been wired ?
Al
Have fishing rod...will travel.
Prospective accomplice in fishing

That time, he managed to snag our own Rich Z into responding....but only
got that one.

On May 30 2003, this time as Canoe Angler (my favorite of his names) he
posted:

I was fishing this evening and i snagged a damn carp. My rod snapped
when i was
reeling it in. I figure the line should have snapped before the rod. I was
using 10/2 power pro. I'm definitely taking the rod back to the retailer
for a
store credit.
I don't like cutting the line since i was using a good minnow plug. This
is my
worst year for rods i've gone through six rods.

Canoe Angler

That time, he snagged 8 ROFb'ers....AJH and others.

This time he's snagged 8 again as "Lure Builder" but he got warren 4 times.

ROFB has improved his trolling ability......

Read 'em all in a digital walk down memory lane at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&edition=us&threadm=28953-4124F2C1-82%40storefull-3277.bay.webtv.net&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Drec.outdoors.fishing.bass%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26edition%3Dus%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearc h

AJH wrote:
> A trolls objective is to **** people off, Al has done this time and time
> again and he still gets responses and gets some guys all mad..Lets face
> it, he's a part of ROFB like it or not...deal with it....
>

> Git-R-Done

Illinois Fisherman
August 20th, 2004, 01:51 AM
The problem is, if you don't call a troll a troll from time to time, some of
the newer people will to this message board think that he is just a
ill-informed person, and give him leeway. Some even get ****ed and leave the
board because they do not understand what he really is.

They may even get the impression that this board is for only a select few,
and that anyone else who asks a question is trounced upon and squelched for
their posts. I believe in calling them as I see them. I have been reading
and posting to this fine group for several years. I knew about Alice when he
was a bee keeping troll in another news group a very long time ago and went
by the handle jadwuth - (Jack and Jill went up the hill).

Troll bashing is acceptable in all news groups where they are found. Trolls
are mentally decrepit individuals and need to be recognized for what they
really are... Socially isolated, lonely and mentally maladjusted persons,
whose only social contact is the ridicule they receive from their posts.

Ever see Alice write about going fishing with the fellows, having his
friends over to help with his canoe house, or rack or whatever. Going for a
night out with the lads in the neighborhood? Actually contributing any
useful information to this group? He goes to wally world to buy his gear,
then goes to the local bait shop to pick the owners brains and does not make
a purchase to help support his main information source.You get the picture.

This news group is his social life. And he does enjoy it, as you said. But I
am not willing to deal with it by not doing anything or by ignoring the
problem - because it will not go away.

Now, after all that, if you would really like my opinion I will tell you.

"AJH" > wrote in message
>A trolls objective is to **** people off, Al has done this time and time
> again and he still gets responses and gets some guys all mad..Lets face
> it, he's a part of ROFB like it or not...deal with it....
>

> Git-R-Done

Lure builder
August 20th, 2004, 02:11 AM
It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish. If the fish is happens to touch
a hard surface like the boat or shore there is an increased frictional drag.
The rod can't handle this and snaps like a twig. Like i said before in this
case there was a distraction and the fish was flopping like crazy. I'm a bit
skiddish since i hooked my finger in the spring and required medical attention.
I had trouble even getting to the doctor and i don't want it to happen again.
I also break rods since I fish almost every day so statistically it is going to
happen with level of occurance of the fishing event.
I'm an avid angler and i post on topic and i don't flame others.

Lure builder
August 20th, 2004, 02:11 AM
It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish. If the fish is happens to touch
a hard surface like the boat or shore there is an increased frictional drag.
The rod can't handle this and snaps like a twig. Like i said before in this
case there was a distraction and the fish was flopping like crazy. I'm a bit
skiddish since i hooked my finger in the spring and required medical attention.
I had trouble even getting to the doctor and i don't want it to happen again.
I also break rods since I fish almost every day so statistically it is going to
happen with level of occurance of the fishing event.
I'm an avid angler and i post on topic and i don't flame others.

Illinois Fisherman
August 20th, 2004, 02:40 AM
So, you keep repeating the same mistake over and over at Wal-Marts expense?
That's what now seven or nine rods in the past two years? Ever think that a
good fiberglass rod is what you need, laddy, for landing those big 12 inch
Bass. This is a Bass group after all. So you are not on topic if your rod
breaks over a carp or pike or Squirrel and Moose, Rocky. If you fished all
the time you would have figured it all out by now.

St Croix makes an excellent 6ft 6inch glass rod. Oh, sorry, you like
Wal-Mart. Try the Ugly Stick, it will not break as easily as the graphite
rod you use. Your breaking of a rod by not using it properly is NOT a
manufactures defect. It is a mental mistake on your part. By perpetrating
this lie you are causing prices to increase on fishing equipment for all of
us, so that Wal-mart can recover the cost of replacement for you.

Rule number one - DO NOT BENT A GRAPHITE ROD MORE THAN 90 DEGREES - EVER -
EVER - EVER - IT WILL BREAK.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish. If the fish is happens to
> touch
> a hard surface like the boat or shore there is an increased frictional
> drag.
> The rod can't handle this and snaps like a twig. Like i said before in
> this
> case there was a distraction and the fish was flopping like crazy. I'm a
> bit
> skiddish since i hooked my finger in the spring and required medical
> attention.
> I had trouble even getting to the doctor and i don't want it to happen
> again.
> I also break rods since I fish almost every day so statistically it is
> going to
> happen with level of occurance of the fishing event.
> I'm an avid angler and i post on topic and i don't flame others.

Illinois Fisherman
August 20th, 2004, 02:40 AM
So, you keep repeating the same mistake over and over at Wal-Marts expense?
That's what now seven or nine rods in the past two years? Ever think that a
good fiberglass rod is what you need, laddy, for landing those big 12 inch
Bass. This is a Bass group after all. So you are not on topic if your rod
breaks over a carp or pike or Squirrel and Moose, Rocky. If you fished all
the time you would have figured it all out by now.

St Croix makes an excellent 6ft 6inch glass rod. Oh, sorry, you like
Wal-Mart. Try the Ugly Stick, it will not break as easily as the graphite
rod you use. Your breaking of a rod by not using it properly is NOT a
manufactures defect. It is a mental mistake on your part. By perpetrating
this lie you are causing prices to increase on fishing equipment for all of
us, so that Wal-mart can recover the cost of replacement for you.

Rule number one - DO NOT BENT A GRAPHITE ROD MORE THAN 90 DEGREES - EVER -
EVER - EVER - IT WILL BREAK.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish. If the fish is happens to
> touch
> a hard surface like the boat or shore there is an increased frictional
> drag.
> The rod can't handle this and snaps like a twig. Like i said before in
> this
> case there was a distraction and the fish was flopping like crazy. I'm a
> bit
> skiddish since i hooked my finger in the spring and required medical
> attention.
> I had trouble even getting to the doctor and i don't want it to happen
> again.
> I also break rods since I fish almost every day so statistically it is
> going to
> happen with level of occurance of the fishing event.
> I'm an avid angler and i post on topic and i don't flame others.

spoonplugger
August 20th, 2004, 03:00 AM
"It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish. If the fish is happens to
touch
a hard surface like the boat or shore there is an increased frictional
drag."

Oh no it is not easy to break a rod my favorite rod is over twenty years old
i have caught Bass,Pike Salmon,Walleye
Carp,Steelhead and Lake Trout on it and it is still going strong but then I
use a net when fishing from shore i dont drag the fish across the ground the
only way to break a rod is misusing it I am not flaming you here either (at
least in this post) if you fish every day as you claim you would think you
would learn a thing or two such as drag setting on your reel
I have snagged logs and pulled them out of the water without breaking a rod
it is simply impossible for any reasonable human being that knows how to
fish
to break that many rods the odds of it happening are simply too high to
calculate and i deal with odds daily
once maybe six or seven times you are at fault not the rod
look into how you handle your equipment
even cheap rods are hard to break
Being an avid angler is meaningless if you cant handle your equipment. maybe
instead of making an ass of yourself everytime you post this thread why not
ask what your doing wrong?
Wayne

spoonplugger
August 20th, 2004, 03:00 AM
[...]

RichZ
August 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Lure wrote:
> It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish.

Then why is it that it only happens more than very occasionally to you?

> I fish almost every day so statistically it is going to
> happen

I guarantee that there are more than a few anglers in this group who fish
far more hours per year than you do, and who have never broken a rod while
landing a fish.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
August 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Lure wrote:
> It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish.

Then why is it that it only happens more than very occasionally to you?

> I fish almost every day so statistically it is going to
> happen

I guarantee that there are more than a few anglers in this group who fish
far more hours per year than you do, and who have never broken a rod while
landing a fish.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Lure builder
August 21st, 2004, 02:22 AM
>Lure wrote:
>> It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish.
>>

>Then why is it that it only happens more than very occasionally to you?
>
>> I fish almost every day so statistically it is going to
>> happen
>>

>I guarantee that there are more than a few anglers in this group who fish
>far more hours per year than you do, and who have never broken a rod while
>landing a fish.
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Richz
In answer to your first question...

Lure builder
August 21st, 2004, 02:30 AM
>Lure wrote:
>> It is easy to break a rod when landing a fish.
>>

>Then why is it that it only happens more than very occasionally to you?
>
>> I fish almost every day so statistically it is going to
>> happen
>>

>I guarantee that there are more than a few anglers in this group who fish
>far more hours per year than you do, and who have never broken a rod while
>landing a fish.
>
>RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Richz
In answer to your first question..."It is easy to break a rod when you land a
fish" and i do land a lot of fish.

In answer to your second question...if you can guarantee it then name
them....also how many fish do they land..and what does it all prove anyways..if
rod don't break then why do the manufacturers offer a guarantee.

My rod has already been replaced.

D. Norton
August 21st, 2004, 03:41 AM
Al, manufacturers have warranty policies for people just like yourself. You
know, the kind that go whining back to Wally World when they break their
Snoopy rods.
Even though 9.5 times out of 10 it was their fault cause they did something
they should not have done.

It is people like you that just plain **** "me" off as a custom rodbuilder.

--
Dave Norton