PDA

View Full Version : Bait Review: Snag Proof Wiggle Wog

Brad Coovert
August 19th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Don't know if any has tried one of these, but I tossed one around the pond
yesterday and it's a great bait. It is as weedless as most frog type baits and
comes through grass, pads, etc. with ease. It has a great wiggling tail. The
cool thing is that on a steady retrieve it will dive and become a weedless
shallow crankbait. I had some vicious hits on it and was 2 for 4, as this bait
is like many frog type baits, you miss some fish.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

tommy
August 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Hint on the wiggle wog bend the hooks up just a hair for better hook up's.
Works for me still just as weedless I use them here in Texas run them over
the thick grass and mead along the bank even the thick stuff you can't see
through the bass go crazy coming up through it to get this lure.It's great
they sometimes follow it out in open water but most of my strikes have been
in the thick stuff they are a little high in price but they work also
another problem I have found is the weight inside coming loose from the hook
if you take the hook out and crimp the weight tighter it will stay on longer
if it starts sitting on its side in the water you know the weight has came
off.
good luck tommy

"Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> Don't know if any has tried one of these, but I tossed one around the pond
> yesterday and it's a great bait. It is as weedless as most frog type
baits and
> comes through grass, pads, etc. with ease. It has a great wiggling tail.
The
> cool thing is that on a steady retrieve it will dive and become a weedless
> shallow crankbait. I had some vicious hits on it and was 2 for 4, as this
bait
> is like many frog type baits, you miss some fish.
>

> Brad Coovert
> 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
> http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

tommy
August 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Hint on the wiggle wog bend the hooks up just a hair for better hook up's.
Works for me still just as weedless I use them here in Texas run them over
the thick grass and mead along the bank even the thick stuff you can't see
through the bass go crazy coming up through it to get this lure.It's great
they sometimes follow it out in open water but most of my strikes have been
in the thick stuff they are a little high in price but they work also
another problem I have found is the weight inside coming loose from the hook
if you take the hook out and crimp the weight tighter it will stay on longer
if it starts sitting on its side in the water you know the weight has came
off.
good luck tommy

"Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> Don't know if any has tried one of these, but I tossed one around the pond
> yesterday and it's a great bait. It is as weedless as most frog type
baits and
> comes through grass, pads, etc. with ease. It has a great wiggling tail.
The
> cool thing is that on a steady retrieve it will dive and become a weedless
> shallow crankbait. I had some vicious hits on it and was 2 for 4, as this
bait
> is like many frog type baits, you miss some fish.
>

> Brad Coovert
> 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
> http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

alwaysfishking
August 19th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Try the zoom horny toad, use a matzuo sickle hook 5/0, you can run the hook
so it's exposed on the top of the frog making it almost completely weedless
to boot and it sputters those legs and creates a mini wake with the head
like it's spitting if rigged properly.

--
A&A National Fishing Team
"tommy" > wrote in message
> Hint on the wiggle wog bend the hooks up just a hair for better hook up's.
> Works for me still just as weedless I use them here in Texas run them over
> the thick grass and mead along the bank even the thick stuff you can't see
> through the bass go crazy coming up through it to get this lure.It's great
> they sometimes follow it out in open water but most of my strikes have
been
> in the thick stuff they are a little high in price but they work also
> another problem I have found is the weight inside coming loose from the
hook
> if you take the hook out and crimp the weight tighter it will stay on
longer
> if it starts sitting on its side in the water you know the weight has came
> off.
> good luck tommy
>

> "Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> > Don't know if any has tried one of these, but I tossed one around the
pond
> > yesterday and it's a great bait. It is as weedless as most frog type
> baits and
> > comes through grass, pads, etc. with ease. It has a great wiggling
tail.
> The
> > cool thing is that on a steady retrieve it will dive and become a
weedless
> > shallow crankbait. I had some vicious hits on it and was 2 for 4, as
this
> bait
> > is like many frog type baits, you miss some fish.
> >

> > Brad Coovert
> > 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
> > http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

tommy
August 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Used the horny toad also awsome results and it is cheaper to use i used a
straight owner #4 worm hook on mime after about 5 fish the nose of the frog
would break off I will try the hooks your talking about the next time on the
horny toad and see what happens I'am waiting om a order of 50 of the toads I
found on ebay in the pictures they look just like the horny toads just a lot
cheaper will let you know how they work out at 5.99 for 50 I don't care if
the nose tears up ot I lose a few.
tommy

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> [...]

came
> > off.
> > good luck tommy
> >

> > "Brad Coovert" > wrote in message
> > > Don't know if any has tried one of these, but I tossed one around the
> pond
> > > yesterday and it's a great bait. It is as weedless as most frog type
> > baits and
> > > comes through grass, pads, etc. with ease. It has a great wiggling
> tail.
> > The
> > > cool thing is that on a steady retrieve it will dive and become a
> weedless
> > > shallow crankbait. I had some vicious hits on it and was 2 for 4, as
> this
> > bait
> > > is like many frog type baits, you miss some fish.
> > >

> > > Brad Coovert
> > > 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters

August 19th, 2004, 07:42 PM
I'm planning on trying the ZOOM Horny Toad. It's on the to do list. Hopefully
it will be another good addition to the frog bait box.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
August 19th, 2004, 07:42 PM
I'm planning on trying the ZOOM Horny Toad. It's on the to do list. Hopefully
it will be another good addition to the frog bait box.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

alwaysfishking
August 20th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I just picked up some more new colors that were not in stock last
time,,,,black yellow and blue pearl and a couple others.. I like them and
will be bringing a few dozen to the classic, I have a spot I have to throw
them on out on boom. I'm hoping Fritz will take me back there again.