PDA

View Full Version : Licence Question

Lins
August 19th, 2004, 11:04 AM
If a fisherman who is a resident of Ontario wishes to fish in BC,Sask or
Quebec he must pay a surplus on top of those provinces resident licence
fee,whereas a resident of one of those three provinces can fish in
Ontario without having to pay such surplus.

Is this true,or am I mistaken?

Thanks,Lins

spoonplugger
August 19th, 2004, 06:47 PM
In BC you would be a non resident and would pay more than a resident
resident pays 36 dollars a year non resident will pay 55 dollars
the same would apply in Ontario 21 dollars a year for a resident and 58
dollars a year for a non resident
each province has a website you can look it up for the other two provinces
Wayne

"Lins" > wrote in message
> If a fisherman who is a resident of Ontario wishes to fish in BC,Sask or
> Quebec he must pay a surplus on top of those provinces resident licence
> fee,whereas a resident of one of those three provinces can fish in
> Ontario without having to pay such surplus.
>
> Is this true,or am I mistaken?
>
> Thanks,Lins

Lins
August 20th, 2004, 08:43 PM
>the same would apply in Ontario 21 dollars a
>year for a resident and 58 dollars a year for a
>non resident

Except for the fact that in Ontario non-resident means out of
country,whereas in BC,Quebec and Saskatchewan it stands for out of
province.In other words an angler from any province can fish in Ont
without having to pay a surplus.

Perhaps Ontario should return the favour.Who knows,with the extra
revenue gained,maybe I'll even run into an MNR officer enforcing the
regs more than once every 20 years.I realise that the waters surrounding
Hamilton are not exactly high on the priority list,but it would be nice
to see someone checking for licences every now and then.

Lins

spoonplugger
August 21st, 2004, 01:13 AM
as i understand it I would be a non resident and have to pay 58 dollars but
one spot on the site says 61 dollars
kind of confusing. but here in BC you only have to purchase a licence not an
outdoors card alberta has
the same thing it is a wildlife id number or WIN card
i think its like eight bucks for five years and is a great idea
no fumbling for anything when you renew your licence
being here in BC and having lived in Alberta i have only run into CO's three
times in twenty years so the money they are collecting is being spent
elsewhere
Wayne
"Lins" > wrote in message
> >the same would apply in Ontario 21 dollars a
> >year for a resident and 58 dollars a year for a
> >non resident
>
> Except for the fact that in Ontario non-resident means out of
> country,whereas in BC,Quebec and Saskatchewan it stands for out of
> province.In other words an angler from any province can fish in Ont
> without having to pay a surplus.
>
> Perhaps Ontario should return the favour.Who knows,with the extra
> revenue gained,maybe I'll even run into an MNR officer enforcing the
> regs more than once every 20 years.I realise that the waters surrounding
> Hamilton are not exactly high on the priority list,but it would be nice
> to see someone checking for licences every now and then.
>
> Lins

Jim Howarth
August 21st, 2004, 01:32 AM
"Lins" > wrote in message
> >the same would apply in Ontario 21 dollars a
> >year for a resident and 58 dollars a year for a
> >non resident
>
> Except for the fact that in Ontario non-resident means out of
> country,whereas in BC,Quebec and Saskatchewan it stands for out of
> province.In other words an angler from any province can fish in Ont
> without having to pay a surplus.
>
> Perhaps Ontario should return the favour.Who knows,with the extra
> revenue gained,maybe I'll even run into an MNR officer enforcing the
> regs more than once every 20 years.I realise that the waters surrounding
> Hamilton are not exactly high on the priority list,but it would be nice
> to see someone checking for licences every now and then.
>
> Lins
----------
I got checked today by 2 CO's on the Grand River near Port Maitland.
They were quite pleasant.
I thanked them for doing a good job with the limited resources we provide.
....Jim

Lins
August 21st, 2004, 10:57 AM
>I got checked today by 2 CO's on the Grand
>River near Port Maitland.

I'm very glad to hear that.Actually I've got a friend in Dunville and he
tells me that the Maitland pier area is quite regularly checked.I donno
about you but I'd be willing to pay more for my licence if this could be
the case everywhere.

Before anyone gets their dander up and accuses me of something of which
I am not guilty....no,I am NOT singling out immigrants.

Lins

Daniel Audet
August 21st, 2004, 05:37 PM
I'm very glad to hear that.Actually I've got a friend in Dunville and he
tells me that the Maitland pier area is quite regularly checked.I donno
about you but I'd be willing to pay more for my licence if this could be
the case everywhere.

Lins

SHHHHHH!!!! The way Ontario's McGuinty Government (I did not support the
liar before he was elected and I do not support the liar now..) has been
going, that lone comment might be enough to spur yet another service
reduction/ tax hike that they have been doing after "public opinions"
suggest they should. I personally feel that if they would just keep the
monies we do pay and use them more realistically, they could do a lot more.
Maybe give less warnings and start issuing the fines they should be issuing
instead as an alternate method.

Dan in the bush.......

Lins
August 21st, 2004, 09:12 PM
>SHHHHHH!!!!

Yeah,you're quite right man....I have no desire to see my absentminded
musings translated into a byline in the Star,or =93A recent online poll
of Ontario anglers indicates.....=94

I don't have a family to support,so it would be easy for me.Besides,I
haven't had to pay any visits to my local chiropractor lately.Ouch!!

Lins