PDA

View Full Version : Great morning....for Dave(his personal best)

alwaysfishking
August 19th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Me and Dave hit the grass lake where me and my son hit some big fish the
other day, including a 5 and 6 lb'er. Well I offered dave first shot at the
laydown where my son caught his fish and he took advantage, nailing a nice
4lb 2 oz LM. Trolled over to another spot where I recently caught a 5 lb'er.
We cast towards soem Lilly pads out in the open water where you can almost
guarantee a bass, Again Dave exploited the spot with a good hookset his rod
bowed as the fish ran under the boat. When the fish came up we both knew it
was big. He managed to get it to the boat despite the fact that one more
shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky rig
from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I also
landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't really
had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the other
day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided to
have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything in
the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on. Can't
wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........

Randy-

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 03:05 PM
6 pounders??? I'll be there by three...

Wareren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> [...]

> shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky rig
> from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I also
> landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
really
> had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
other
> day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided to
> have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything in
> the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on. Can't
> wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Where's the pic of Dave's fish?

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> Me and Dave hit the grass lake where me and my son hit some big fish the
> other day, including a 5 and 6 lb'er. Well I offered dave first shot at
the
> laydown where my son caught his fish and he took advantage, nailing a nice
> 4lb 2 oz LM. Trolled over to another spot where I recently caught a 5
lb'er.
> We cast towards soem Lilly pads out in the open water where you can almost
> guarantee a bass, Again Dave exploited the spot with a good hookset his
rod
> bowed as the fish ran under the boat. When the fish came up we both knew
it
> was big. He managed to get it to the boat despite the fact that one more
> shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky rig
> from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I also
> landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
really
> had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
other
> day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided to
> have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything in
> the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on. Can't
> wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........
>

> Randy-

go-bassn
August 19th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Where's the pic of Dave's fish?

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> Me and Dave hit the grass lake where me and my son hit some big fish the
> other day, including a 5 and 6 lb'er. Well I offered dave first shot at
the
> laydown where my son caught his fish and he took advantage, nailing a nice
> 4lb 2 oz LM. Trolled over to another spot where I recently caught a 5
lb'er.
> We cast towards soem Lilly pads out in the open water where you can almost
> guarantee a bass, Again Dave exploited the spot with a good hookset his
rod
> bowed as the fish ran under the boat. When the fish came up we both knew
it
> was big. He managed to get it to the boat despite the fact that one more
> shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky rig
> from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I also
> landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
really
> had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
other
> day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided to
> have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything in
> the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on. Can't
> wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........
>

> Randy-

alwaysfishking
August 19th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Pictures are up. You need to come up for a bit son, this lake needs some
more exploiting, we might be able to find some good fish with a depth
finder(something I don't have) The other lakes I know intimately, this one I
really don't know much about.

Randy-
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Where's the pic of Dave's fish?
>
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> >
> > Me and Dave hit the grass lake where me and my son hit some big fish the
> > other day, including a 5 and 6 lb'er. Well I offered dave first shot at
> the
> > laydown where my son caught his fish and he took advantage, nailing a
nice
> > 4lb 2 oz LM. Trolled over to another spot where I recently caught a 5
> lb'er.
> > We cast towards soem Lilly pads out in the open water where you can
almost
> > guarantee a bass, Again Dave exploited the spot with a good hookset his
> rod
> > bowed as the fish ran under the boat. When the fish came up we both knew
> it
> > was big. He managed to get it to the boat despite the fact that one more
> > shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky
rig
> > from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> > overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I
also
> > landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> > today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
> really
> > had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
> other
> > day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> > first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided
> > have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything
in
> > the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on.
Can't
> > wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........
> >

> > Randy-

Thundercat
August 19th, 2004, 09:01 PM
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:08:11 GMT, "alwaysfishking"
> wrote:

>Pictures are up. You need to come up for a bit son, this lake needs some
>more exploiting,

Can you get a big boat on One Sock? Tin boat a better choice?

Hey Dave, tell everyone how One Sock got its name...<eg>

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwaysfishking
August 19th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Yup big boat is fine, but you better have a 46lb thrust and up or you will
be picking weeds off forever, or throwing them at each other like me and
Dave did. I'll post those pictures later also.
"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:08:11 GMT, "alwaysfishking"
> > wrote:
>
> >Pictures are up. You need to come up for a bit son, this lake needs some
> >more exploiting,
>
> Can you get a big boat on One Sock? Tin boat a better choice?
>
> Hey Dave, tell everyone how One Sock got its name...<eg>
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwaysfishking
August 19th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Yup big boat is fine, but you better have a 46lb thrust and up or you will
be picking weeds off forever, or throwing them at each other like me and
Dave did. I'll post those pictures later also.
"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:08:11 GMT, "alwaysfishking"
> > wrote:
>
> >Pictures are up. You need to come up for a bit son, this lake needs some
> >more exploiting,
>
> Can you get a big boat on One Sock? Tin boat a better choice?
>
> Hey Dave, tell everyone how One Sock got its name...<eg>
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

dvito
August 19th, 2004, 10:07 PM
As the title says, My personal best.

Feels great to finally break the 6# mark. I think I'll be calling that lake
home for the rest of the season.

Can ya blame me?

Dave V.

And the lake was named one sock for reasons I cannot post in a mixed company
newsgroup.

> [...]

> shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky rig
> from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I also
> landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
really
> had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
other
> day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided to
> have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything in
> the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on. Can't
> wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........

Charles Summers
August 19th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Aww.. come on! I bet Randy wouldn't mind telling us the One Sock story.

"dvito" > wrote in message
> As the title says, My personal best.
>
> Feels great to finally break the 6# mark. I think I'll be calling that
lake
> home for the rest of the season.
>
> Can ya blame me?
>
> Dave V.
>
> And the lake was named one sock for reasons I cannot post in a mixed
company
> newsgroup.
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> >
> > Me and Dave hit the grass lake where me and my son hit some big fish the
> > other day, including a 5 and 6 lb'er. Well I offered dave first shot at
> the
> > laydown where my son caught his fish and he took advantage, nailing a
nice
> > 4lb 2 oz LM. Trolled over to another spot where I recently caught a 5
> lb'er.
> > We cast towards soem Lilly pads out in the open water where you can
almost
> > guarantee a bass, Again Dave exploited the spot with a good hookset his
> rod
> > bowed as the fish ran under the boat. When the fish came up we both knew
> it
> > was big. He managed to get it to the boat despite the fact that one more
> > shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky
rig
> > from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> > overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I
also
> > landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> > today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
> really
> > had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
> other
> > day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> > first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided
> > have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything
in
> > the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on.
Can't
> > wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........
> >

> > Randy-

alwaysfishking
August 19th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Not the actual name of the lake so to speak, but one summer morning Dave
shows up I say hey let's go fish the "other lake" he say's "what lake" I say
"The one with the bridge" He says "Oh that one" I say "Yup" so just before
we launch Dave is doubled over in pain cause he has to take a crap, so I say
"hey the bathroom is over near the beach" He comes back about 5 minutes
later we launch, I ask how the bathroom was and he say's "closed" I say
what did you use to wipe your butt....He looks down at his feet,,, I look
over and we now have a name for the lake. He's the most vile person I know.
See the picture of Dave when the outhouse tipped over on him at A.B.P.F to
be posted soon :-)
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> [...]

> > > overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I
> also
> > > landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out
that
> > > today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
> > really
> > > had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
> > other
> > > day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for
> > > first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided
> > > have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about
everything
> in
> > > the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on.
> Can't
> > > wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........

go-bassn
August 20th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Speaking of Wisconsin Randy, did you make those motel reservations?

Warren
--
> [...]

> shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky rig
> from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I also
> landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
really
> had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
other
> day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided to
> have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything in
> the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on. Can't
> wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........

dvito
August 20th, 2004, 02:41 AM
That's funny Randy, because I feel the same way about you. It's a match made
in heaven (or somewhere way south of there)

Dave V
> [...]

> later we launch, I ask how the bathroom was and he say's "closed" I say
> what did you use to wipe your butt....He looks down at his feet,,, I look
> over and we now have a name for the lake. He's the most vile person I
know.
> See the picture of Dave when the outhouse tipped over on him at A.B.P.F to
> be posted soon :-)
> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Aww.. come on! I bet Randy wouldn't mind telling us the One Sock story.
> >
> > "dvito" > wrote in message
> > > As the title says, My personal best.
> > >
> > > Feels great to finally break the 6# mark. I think I'll be calling that
> > lake
> > > home for the rest of the season.
> > >
> > > Can ya blame me?
> > >
> > > Dave V.
> > >
> > > And the lake was named one sock for reasons I cannot post in a mixed

alwaysfishking
August 20th, 2004, 11:46 PM
We are in like Flynn. I got all the details covered, non smoking room was
weird when I requested that, but hey I still don't smoke anymore.... :-)

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Speaking of Wisconsin Randy, did you make those motel reservations?
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> >
> > Me and Dave hit the grass lake where me and my son hit some big fish the
> > other day, including a 5 and 6 lb'er. Well I offered dave first shot at
> the
> > laydown where my son caught his fish and he took advantage, nailing a
nice
> > 4lb 2 oz LM. Trolled over to another spot where I recently caught a 5
> lb'er.
> > We cast towards soem Lilly pads out in the open water where you can
almost
> > guarantee a bass, Again Dave exploited the spot with a good hookset his
> rod
> > bowed as the fish ran under the boat. When the fish came up we both knew
> it
> > was big. He managed to get it to the boat despite the fact that one more
> > shake would have freed the 2/0 octopus hook he was using on his wacky
rig
> > from the bass's mouth. I put the fish on the digital and Dave was
> > overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I
also
> > landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out that
> > today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
> really
> > had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
> other
> > day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for a
> > first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided
> > have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about everything
in
> > the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on.
Can't
> > wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........
> >

> > Randy-

go-bassn
August 21st, 2004, 02:38 AM
Nice, Harry'll hafta step outside. 4+ yearssince I had a puff...

Warren

> [...]

> > > overwhelmed to find out he just set his personal best 6 lb's 1 oz. I
> also
> > > landed two bass but way, way smaller. But I kinda knew heading out
that
> > > today was Dave's day, With his moving and working and kids he hasn't
> > really
> > > had as much oppurtunity to fish as I have. Landing some good fish the
> > other
> > > day, I figured he was due. It's the last time I offer up any spots for
> > > first cast :-) Oh yeah we also got a little bored later on and decided
> > > have a wet grass fight, we made a big mess out of just about
everything
> in
> > > the boat. Awesome morning picture will be sent to a.b.p.f later on.
> Can't
> > > wait to get to Wisconsin, Oh I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.........

alwaysfishking
August 21st, 2004, 03:39 PM
It's been only 6 months but I really don't miss it. Don't get me wrong I
still get my cravings, but it really doesn't last long. Best thing I ever
did.