PDA

View Full Version : report on PETA

bill a
August 19th, 2004, 08:45 PM
ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.

bill
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Christopher P. Cericola
August 20th, 2004, 12:45 AM
"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
< ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it. >

PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a fisherman."
Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I asked
her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas? Do
you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in her
life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.

> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

SimRacer
August 20th, 2004, 01:59 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
roups.com...

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> < ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it. >
>
> PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
> concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a
fisherman."
> Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I asked
> her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas?
Do
> you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
> contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in
her
> life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.

I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to kill
all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.

So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

SimRacer
August 20th, 2004, 01:59 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
roups.com...

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> < ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it. >
>
> PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
> concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a
fisherman."
> Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I asked
> her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas?
Do
> you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
> contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in
her
> life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.

I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to kill
all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.

So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

Henry Hefner
August 20th, 2004, 03:09 AM
SimRacer wrote:

> I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
> goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
> organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to kill
> all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.
>
> So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

I was on a service call in a Whole Foods Market. This chain of stores
caters to the health food crowd. I was in the meat market and a lady
walks up to the service meat counter.

Customer: "Are these chickens free range?"
Employee: "Why yes ma'am, Whole Foods sells only the best free range
chickens."
Customer: "Oh, that's too bad, I'll have to buy my chickens somewhere
else..."
Employee: "I'm sorry ma'am, most people don't like the idea of chickens
being raised in a tiny cage, may I ask why you don't like free range
chikens?"
Customer: "When a chicken is raised free range, you never know what they
have been eating, they have probably eaten a lot of bugs!"

We both about choked trying not to laugh in her face! Is this a partial
step towards vegetarianism.... Only eat meat that has never eaten meat?

Henry Hefner
August 20th, 2004, 03:09 AM
SimRacer wrote:

> I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
> goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
> organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to kill
> all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.
>
> So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

I was on a service call in a Whole Foods Market. This chain of stores
caters to the health food crowd. I was in the meat market and a lady
walks up to the service meat counter.

Customer: "Are these chickens free range?"
Employee: "Why yes ma'am, Whole Foods sells only the best free range
chickens."
Customer: "Oh, that's too bad, I'll have to buy my chickens somewhere
else..."
Employee: "I'm sorry ma'am, most people don't like the idea of chickens
being raised in a tiny cage, may I ask why you don't like free range
chikens?"
Customer: "When a chicken is raised free range, you never know what they
have been eating, they have probably eaten a lot of bugs!"

We both about choked trying not to laugh in her face! Is this a partial
step towards vegetarianism.... Only eat meat that has never eaten meat?

Todd Copeland
August 20th, 2004, 04:25 AM
"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
> ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>
> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

Ethical: Being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong
that govern the conduct of a profession.

Is it wrong to kill an animal and eat it? Other animals do it, so why not
humans? Is it right to torcher and torment an animal? I doubt it. But there
is a big difference between the two.

Actually, I can see PETA's point against fishing... but only when it's catch
and release (which is what we want to do most of the time). But I question
if a fish actually experiences and registers pain when hooked. For example,
I'm sure everyone has swatted at mosquitoes and I'm sure they've wounded a
few. Is this treatment acceptable and hooking a fish is not? At some point
people need to draw the line.

Todd Copeland
August 20th, 2004, 04:25 AM
"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
> ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>
> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

Ethical: Being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong
that govern the conduct of a profession.

Is it wrong to kill an animal and eat it? Other animals do it, so why not
humans? Is it right to torcher and torment an animal? I doubt it. But there
is a big difference between the two.

Actually, I can see PETA's point against fishing... but only when it's catch
and release (which is what we want to do most of the time). But I question
if a fish actually experiences and registers pain when hooked. For example,
I'm sure everyone has swatted at mosquitoes and I'm sure they've wounded a
few. Is this treatment acceptable and hooking a fish is not? At some point
people need to draw the line.

Todd Copeland
August 20th, 2004, 04:35 AM
"SimRacer" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
> goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
> organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to
kill
> all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.
>
> So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

While I am not a member of PETA and don't agree or disagree with their
views, I'm pretty sure the A in PETA means animals, not insects and plants.
I think most PETA members also draw the same line. That is, they need to eat
to survive but they would rather not allow people to inflict needless pain
on living things when it's not needed.

Rob Storm
August 20th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Let me tell you who I think the real enemy is: Walt Disney. The PETA folks are
so full of it that very few pay any attention to them at all, but the Disney
studio is a different matter. Disney makes lots of money producing cartoons
and it's those cartoons (starting with Bambi) that turn ordinary animals into
oh-so-cute, hugable, lovable, almost human creatures.

When unsophisticated, impressionable people watch Bambi, they can easily come
away with a lump in their throat, a tear in their eye, and an aversion to
killing deer or any other game.

PETA makes me mad. PETA makes me sick. Sometimes PETA makes me laugh. Disney
scares hell out of me.

Family, Friends, Fishing,
Rob Storm
http://stormsrestaurants.com

Rob Storm
August 20th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Let me tell you who I think the real enemy is: Walt Disney. The PETA folks are
so full of it that very few pay any attention to them at all, but the Disney
studio is a different matter. Disney makes lots of money producing cartoons
and it's those cartoons (starting with Bambi) that turn ordinary animals into
oh-so-cute, hugable, lovable, almost human creatures.

When unsophisticated, impressionable people watch Bambi, they can easily come
away with a lump in their throat, a tear in their eye, and an aversion to
killing deer or any other game.

PETA makes me mad. PETA makes me sick. Sometimes PETA makes me laugh. Disney
scares hell out of me.

Family, Friends, Fishing,
Rob Storm
http://stormsrestaurants.com

RichZ
August 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Rob wrote:
> isney
> scares hell out of me.

And Disney owns ABC, which owns ESPN, which owns BASS.

Palying both ends against the middle, I would suggest.

I am the anti-disney.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
August 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Rob wrote:
> isney
> scares hell out of me.

And Disney owns ABC, which owns ESPN, which owns BASS.

Palying both ends against the middle, I would suggest.

I am the anti-disney.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Marty
August 20th, 2004, 06:10 AM
"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
> ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>
> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

I am not a PETA defender. While I condemn their tactics, I agree with many
of their goals. But that's neither here nor there; the web site above has an
ax to grind, as it's sponsored by elements of the food industry. So, what
they say must be taken with a grain of salt, just as PETA's must, also.

Marty
August 20th, 2004, 06:10 AM
"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
> ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>
> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

I am not a PETA defender. While I condemn their tactics, I agree with many
of their goals. But that's neither here nor there; the web site above has an
ax to grind, as it's sponsored by elements of the food industry. So, what
they say must be taken with a grain of salt, just as PETA's must, also.

Rodney
August 20th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Todd Copeland wrote:

> Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
> Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
> see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

PETA starts people out thinking as you do, that this is their only
motive, then they progress them into total animal rights fanatics, where
the animals have the same rights as people, if you kill an animal you
have "murdered" it, even if you eat it later.

They get their funding by not letting the masses know their true mission

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
August 20th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Todd Copeland wrote:

> Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
> Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
> see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

PETA starts people out thinking as you do, that this is their only
motive, then they progress them into total animal rights fanatics, where
the animals have the same rights as people, if you kill an animal you
have "murdered" it, even if you eat it later.

They get their funding by not letting the masses know their true mission

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Christopher P. Cericola
August 20th, 2004, 11:42 AM
"Todd Copeland" > wrote in message
ink.net...
< Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely. >

Their view of ethical means NO ONE should eat meat. No one should exploit
an animal..exploting an animal includes getting milk, eggs, honey, etc.
They don't people to have free choice.

< Actually, I can see PETA's point against fishing... but only when it's
catch and release (which is what we want to do most of the time). But I
question if a fish actually experiences and registers pain when hooked. For
example, I'm sure everyone has swatted at mosquitoes and I'm sure they've
wounded a few. Is this treatment acceptable and hooking a fish is not? At
some point people need to draw the line. >

First they will come for C&R then they will come for hooks then they will
come for fishing all together. If you let them have their way with their
beliefs taking away OUR personal freedoms then what freedom is next? It's
fine that they want to treat animals ethically. It's fine they don't want
to eat meat. It's fine they want to ride their bikes everywhere. I do not
need to be forced to do the same.

Christopher

[...]

alwaysfishking
August 20th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Hell I'm gonna set the hooks extra hard today, I might even learn how to
cook a crappie or two tomorrow.

"Marty" > wrote in message

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
> >
> > bill
> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156
>
> I am not a PETA defender. While I condemn their tactics, I agree with many
> of their goals. But that's neither here nor there; the web site above has
an
> ax to grind, as it's sponsored by elements of the food industry. So, what
> they say must be taken with a grain of salt, just as PETA's must, also.

Budd Cochran
August 20th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Better yet: ask them if they eat Jell-O ... it's made from cooked down
cartilage.

<VBG>

"Animals, the world's best source of meat."

Budd

"SimRacer" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> >
> > "bill a" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > < ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it. >
> >
> > PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
> > concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a
> fisherman."
> > Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I
asked
> > her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas?
> Do
> > you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
> > contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in
> her
> > life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.
> > >

> I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
> goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
> organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to
kill
> all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.
>
> So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

Budd Cochran
August 20th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Better yet: ask them if they eat Jell-O ... it's made from cooked down
cartilage.

<VBG>

"Animals, the world's best source of meat."

Budd

"SimRacer" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> >
> > "bill a" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > < ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it. >
> >
> > PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
> > concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a
> fisherman."
> > Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I
asked
> > her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas?
> Do
> > you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
> > contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in
> her
> > life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.
> > >

> I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
> goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
> organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to
kill
> all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.
>
> So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

Christopher P. Cericola
August 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
"Budd Cochran" > wrote in message
< Better yet: ask them if they eat Jell-O ... it's made from cooked down
cartilage. >

Most I know, don't. Or if they do, it's from a vegan alternative.

Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
August 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
"Budd Cochran" > wrote in message
< Better yet: ask them if they eat Jell-O ... it's made from cooked down
cartilage. >

Most I know, don't. Or if they do, it's from a vegan alternative.

Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
August 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
"Budd Cochran" > wrote in message
< Better yet: ask them if they eat Jell-O ... it's made from cooked down
cartilage. >

Most I know, don't. Or if they do, it's from a vegan alternative.

Christopher

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:25 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:25 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:31 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:31 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:31 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:40 PM

E. Carl Speros
August 20th, 2004, 05:40 PM

Marty
August 21st, 2004, 06:18 AM
I agree Carl. Animal abuse is rampant here and all over the world. It's OK to use animals to meet certain of our needs, but they should be well-treated during their life and killed humanely when the time comes.

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
"E. Carl Speros" > wrote in message ...
Amen, but putting mink, baby calves etc in pens & cutting chickens'
beaks off etc. is a horrendous WRONG & causes pain & suffering to
innocent animals. To use animals for food is not evil as long as one
does it with humane methods. How woud you like to live in a cage just a
bit larger than yourself all your short miserable life? As to Catch &
release I recall a single lone bass in the shallows near our cabin being
caught 6 times in the course of a week. (we tagged it the first day) It
couldn't have experienced pain under those circumstances, so I must
believe that a lip caught fish isn't injured & agree with the experts.

Budd Cochran
August 21st, 2004, 01:30 PM
There is no vegan alternative.

Budd

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "Budd Cochran" > wrote in message
> < Better yet: ask them if they eat Jell-O ... it's made from cooked down
> cartilage. >
>
> Most I know, don't. Or if they do, it's from a vegan alternative.
>
> Christopher

Todd Copeland
August 21st, 2004, 02:22 PM
"Budd Cochran" > wrote in message
> There is no vegan alternative.

Simple google.com search provided a huge listing of vegan Jello recipes:

1 cup sweet fruit juice
1/2 teaspoon agar powder
1/2 tablespoon corn starch

Clearly your post is not correct.

Henry Hefner
August 21st, 2004, 02:54 PM
E. Carl Speros wrote:
To use animals for food is not evil as long as one
> does it with humane methods.

That is not what PETA teaches. PETA says animals should never be used
for food or clothing. PETA members are known for destroying property in
protests. IMO, PETA is hurting their cause by their methods, they are so
outlandish, that even if you might want to see changes made in animal
welfare, most would hesitate because they don't want to be associated
with idiots. I find it interesting that they will take a stand that we
shouldn't catch a fish even to feed our family, but they won't take a
pro-life stance when it comes to humans.

BTW, this is not a binary group, you should not use your signature on
this group.

Henry Hefner
August 21st, 2004, 02:54 PM
E. Carl Speros wrote:
To use animals for food is not evil as long as one
> does it with humane methods.

That is not what PETA teaches. PETA says animals should never be used
for food or clothing. PETA members are known for destroying property in
protests. IMO, PETA is hurting their cause by their methods, they are so
outlandish, that even if you might want to see changes made in animal
welfare, most would hesitate because they don't want to be associated
with idiots. I find it interesting that they will take a stand that we
shouldn't catch a fish even to feed our family, but they won't take a
pro-life stance when it comes to humans.

BTW, this is not a binary group, you should not use your signature on
this group.

alwaysfishking
August 21st, 2004, 03:20 PM
You say that now, wait until you can't fish anymore. Have you seen the publications that PETA hands out to children, with violent, disturbing images of animal tortue. If you want to give that stuff to adults fine, but there are cartoons I don't let my children watch because I think they are too violent. Don't hand your garbage out to my children without my consent, and that is exactly what orginizations like PETA do, they target children with their grisly campaigns, figuring what better than a young impressionable mind to exploit with their beliefs, Go look at the copy of their animated "Cartoon" that proclaims all mommy's murderers and garbage like that. Just what I want my first grader reading.

Taken from the webpage.

Despite denunciations from psychologists and school officials, PETA continues to target children as young as six years old with violent and graphic propaganda. Sidestepping parents and school authorities, PETA lures young and impressionable children into radical activism with a coordinated effort including the use of graphic comic books, grotesque toys, schoolyard demonstrations, e-mail alerts sent directly to 65,000 children, and even a classroom lecturer with a felony rap sheet.

and you still say God bless PETA? You must not have any children

God Bless Peta, Orca & Greenpeace. Keep up the good work.

"Then raise the Harp of Erin boys, the flag we all revere, We'll fight & fall beneath its folds like Irish Volunteers" from Dave Kincaids song & CD "The Irish Volunteer" Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhostYankee/TheCivilWarRound Carl Speros webmaster.

[...]

RGarri7470
August 21st, 2004, 04:02 PM
> cutting chickens'
>beaks off etc. is a horrendous WRONG & causes pain & suffering to
>innocent animals.

That is done to keep them from pecking each other to death! And it is about
like cutting your fingernails - only the tip is cut - I did it thousands of
times growing up. We had 11,000 laying hens.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

bill a
August 21st, 2004, 04:38 PM
it is normal for activists on some crusade to have no knowledge whatsover of
the
very thing they are protesting. Unfortunately, I doubt that your (accurate)
facts will change their minds.
Fundamentalists like PETA aren't interested in facts.

bill

"> > cutting chickens'
> >beaks off etc. is a horrendous WRONG & causes pain & suffering to
> >innocent animals.
>
> That is done to keep them from pecking each other to death! And it is
about
> like cutting your fingernails - only the tip is cut - I did it thousands
of
> times growing up. We had 11,000 laying hens.
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

bill a
August 21st, 2004, 04:40 PM
HEY CARL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is bad form to be posting binaries on this newsgroup.
Take the image out of your signature file.

Bill
"E. Carl Speros" > wrote in message
God Bless Peta, Orca & Greenpeace. Keep up the good work.

"Then raise the Harp of Erin boys, the flag we all revere, We'll fight &
fall beneath its folds like Irish Volunteers" from Dave Kincaids song & CD
"The Irish Volunteer" Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website
http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhostYankee/TheCivilWarRound Carl Speros
webmaster.

Budd Cochran
August 22nd, 2004, 01:38 AM
It's a jelly-like substance or even a jelly, since it contains some pectin
from the juice, it is not vegetarian Jell-O.

Jell-O ( Brand name) is made of cooked down cartilages and such from
animals. Actually, the same jelly-like substance found in canned Hams.

Clearly, _you_ did not see the difference.

Budd

"Todd Copeland" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> "Budd Cochran" > wrote in message
> > There is no vegan alternative.
>
> Simple google.com search provided a huge listing of vegan Jello recipes:
>
> 1 cup sweet fruit juice
> 1/2 teaspoon agar powder
> 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
>
> Clearly your post is not correct.

Marty
August 22nd, 2004, 06:00 AM

Jeff Durham
August 23rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
For those of you that think that PETA is a "good" organization, if you ever
get to talk to one of their whacko members, ask the following questions:

- Is it okay to hunt doves for food? The answer will be an absolute NO
followed by how can you kill a defenseless little bird like a dove.

- What is your stand on abortion? They will claim to be pro-choice (my view
is that means pro-abortion). I do not understand the mentality of these
morons.

Jeff

"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
> ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>
> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

AJH
August 23rd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Just what does eating Doves and abortions have to do with bass fishing?

Git-R-Done

Illinois Fisherman
August 23rd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Posted by NAFC newsletter.

GALVESTON, TX-An anti-fishing billboard placed along Interstate 45 in
Galveston, Texas, will be removed because of numerous complaints from
motorists, Viacom Outdoor announced last week. The billboard featured a
photo of a dog with a fish hook through its lip with the accompanying
message, "If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?"

The billboard, paid for by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
(PETA), went up earlier this month and was the first in the group's national
anti-fishing campaign.

PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against everything
we hold dear.

"bill a" > wrote in message
m...
> ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>
> bill
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Jeff Durham
August 23rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Absolutely nothing. However, this thread was about PETA.

Jeff

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Just what does eating Doves and abortions have to do with bass fishing?
>

> Git-R-Done

Scott Seidman
August 23rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
"Jeff Durham" > wrote in news:L_nWc.43$0J6.5
@fe1.columbus.rr.com:

> Absolutely nothing. However, this thread was about PETA.
>
> Jeff
>

> "AJH" > wrote in message
>> Just what does eating Doves and abortions have to do with bass fishing?
>>

>> Git-R-Done

OK, then how is their anti-dove hunting contradictory to thier overall
mission? They think, and have always thought, hunting for food is not a
good thing.

Scott

Jeff Durham
August 23rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but not to
kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the contradiction,
then you and I operate on a completely different value system.

Jeff

"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Jeff Durham" > wrote in news:L_nWc.43$0J6.5
> @fe1.columbus.rr.com:
>
> > Absolutely nothing. However, this thread was about PETA.
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> > "AJH" > wrote in message
> >> Just what does eating Doves and abortions have to do with bass fishing?
> >>

> >> Git-R-Done
> >>

> OK, then how is their anti-dove hunting contradictory to thier overall
> mission? They think, and have always thought, hunting for food is not a
> good thing.
>
> Scott

Scott Seidman
August 23rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
"Jeff Durham" > wrote in
:

> From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but
> not to kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the
> contradiction, then you and I operate on a completely different value
> system.

Actually, PETA itself has no policy on abortion. PETA members are free
to decide upon that issue as they see fit. Similarly, they have no
policy on drivers licenses for immigrants, athlete doping (unless the
doping agents are animal-tested, I suppose), child labor, stadium seating
at concerts, and a host of other things. Do the Right to Life folks have
a policy on animal domestication? Perhaps the PETA folks feel that every
animal that can express the desire to terminate a pregnancy should be
entitled to a free abortion.

If you need to attack PETA on hypocracy, attack their use of animal-
tested medicine when they get sick, and for every other positive aspect
of responsible animal use that they take advantage of.

Better yet, criticize them on their current stances, like support of the
Animal Liberation Front (maybe we can shut down PETA under some of the
new anti terrorism campaigns, or freeze their bank accounts, if we can
demonstrate a clear financial link to the ALF). Criticize their
promotion of vegetarianism as unhealthy to developing children.
Criticize their animal research policies for threatening development in
medical treatment. Criticize their actions for removing just about every
animal lab from medical education (yeah, most procedures done by doctors
in training are performed for the first time on humans, these days--
when you get sutured in an ER by a young resident, that might be the
first time he or she is suturing in living tissue!). Tell them about how
hunting bans cause unstable ecosystems. Tell them about the million
pounds of venison that went to feeding the hungry in NY last year.

There are perfectly valid criticisms on their real stances-- we don't
have to find new ones, particularly about positions they don't endorse.

Scott

Scott Seidman
August 23rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
"Jeff Durham" > wrote in
:

> From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but
> not to kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the
> contradiction, then you and I operate on a completely different value
> system.

Actually, PETA itself has no policy on abortion. PETA members are free
to decide upon that issue as they see fit. Similarly, they have no
policy on drivers licenses for immigrants, athlete doping (unless the
doping agents are animal-tested, I suppose), child labor, stadium seating
at concerts, and a host of other things. Do the Right to Life folks have
a policy on animal domestication? Perhaps the PETA folks feel that every
animal that can express the desire to terminate a pregnancy should be
entitled to a free abortion.

If you need to attack PETA on hypocracy, attack their use of animal-
tested medicine when they get sick, and for every other positive aspect
of responsible animal use that they take advantage of.

Better yet, criticize them on their current stances, like support of the
Animal Liberation Front (maybe we can shut down PETA under some of the
new anti terrorism campaigns, or freeze their bank accounts, if we can
demonstrate a clear financial link to the ALF). Criticize their
promotion of vegetarianism as unhealthy to developing children.
Criticize their animal research policies for threatening development in
medical treatment. Criticize their actions for removing just about every
animal lab from medical education (yeah, most procedures done by doctors
in training are performed for the first time on humans, these days--
when you get sutured in an ER by a young resident, that might be the
first time he or she is suturing in living tissue!). Tell them about how
hunting bans cause unstable ecosystems. Tell them about the million
pounds of venison that went to feeding the hungry in NY last year.

There are perfectly valid criticisms on their real stances-- we don't
have to find new ones, particularly about positions they don't endorse.

Scott

Marty
August 24th, 2004, 06:12 AM
"Jeff Durham" > wrote in message
> From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but not
> kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the
contradiction,
> then you and I operate on a completely different value system.

Many pro-lifers who preach about the sanctity of life are enthusiastic
supporters of capital punishment and war. Is that contradictory?

Marty
August 24th, 2004, 06:12 AM
"Jeff Durham" > wrote in message
> From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but not
> kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the
contradiction,
> then you and I operate on a completely different value system.

Many pro-lifers who preach about the sanctity of life are enthusiastic
supporters of capital punishment and war. Is that contradictory?

Mudfish\(Co30\)
August 24th, 2004, 12:24 PM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

http://wave.prohosting.com/antiar/peta1.html

Yum
--
><{{Kennebecriverguide{('>
www.kennebecriverguide.com
"Careful with that Axe Eugene."

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
m...
> Posted by NAFC newsletter.
>
> GALVESTON, TX-An anti-fishing billboard placed along Interstate 45 in
> Galveston, Texas, will be removed because of numerous complaints from
> motorists, Viacom Outdoor announced last week. The billboard featured a
> photo of a dog with a fish hook through its lip with the accompanying
> message, "If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?"
>
> The billboard, paid for by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> (PETA), went up earlier this month and was the first in the group's
national
> anti-fishing campaign.
>
> PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
> group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against everything
> we hold dear.
>

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
> >
> > bill
> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Mudfish\(Co30\)
August 24th, 2004, 12:24 PM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

http://wave.prohosting.com/antiar/peta1.html

Yum
--
><{{Kennebecriverguide{('>
www.kennebecriverguide.com
"Careful with that Axe Eugene."

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
m...
> Posted by NAFC newsletter.
>
> GALVESTON, TX-An anti-fishing billboard placed along Interstate 45 in
> Galveston, Texas, will be removed because of numerous complaints from
> motorists, Viacom Outdoor announced last week. The billboard featured a
> photo of a dog with a fish hook through its lip with the accompanying
> message, "If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?"
>
> The billboard, paid for by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> (PETA), went up earlier this month and was the first in the group's
national
> anti-fishing campaign.
>
> PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
> group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against everything
> we hold dear.
>

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
> >
> > bill
> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Scott Seidman
August 24th, 2004, 01:04 PM
"Marty" > wrote in news:k7AWc.2191$Lw3.1985
@news01.roc.ny:

> "Jeff Durham" > wrote in message
>> From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but not
>> kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the
> contradiction,
>> then you and I operate on a completely different value system.
>
> Many pro-lifers who preach about the sanctity of life are enthusiastic
> supporters of capital punishment and war. Is that contradictory?

No more contradictory than suppressing education about birth control.

Scott

Scott Seidman
August 24th, 2004, 01:04 PM
"Marty" > wrote in news:k7AWc.2191$Lw3.1985
@news01.roc.ny:

> "Jeff Durham" > wrote in message
>> From PETA's warped perspective, it's okay to kill unborn babies, but not
>> kill doves (or fish) for food or sport. If you don't see the
> contradiction,
>> then you and I operate on a completely different value system.
>
> Many pro-lifers who preach about the sanctity of life are enthusiastic
> supporters of capital punishment and war. Is that contradictory?

No more contradictory than suppressing education about birth control.

Scott

bill a
August 25th, 2004, 01:43 AM
To illinois fisherman:
maybe try reading the link contents again. would I be posting this if
I supported PETA?

bill

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
m...
> Posted by NAFC newsletter.
> >
> PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
> group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against everything
> we hold dear.
>

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
> >
> > bill
> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

bill a
August 25th, 2004, 01:43 AM
To illinois fisherman:
maybe try reading the link contents again. would I be posting this if
I supported PETA?

bill

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
m...
> Posted by NAFC newsletter.
> >
> PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
> group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against everything
> we hold dear.
>

> "bill a" > wrote in message
> m...
> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
> >
> > bill
> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Illinois Fisherman
August 25th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I was just adding to your informative Post, not commenting on you
personally, just PETA supporters in general. I realize that you do not
support them. Sorry if you got the wrong impression.

"bill a" > wrote in message
om...
> To illinois fisherman:
> maybe try reading the link contents again. would I be posting this if
> I supported PETA?
>
> bill
>
> "Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Posted by NAFC newsletter.
>> >
>> PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
>> group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against
>> everything
>> we hold dear.
>>

>> "bill a" > wrote in message
>> m...
>> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>> >
>> > bill
>> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

Illinois Fisherman
August 25th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I was just adding to your informative Post, not commenting on you
personally, just PETA supporters in general. I realize that you do not
support them. Sorry if you got the wrong impression.

"bill a" > wrote in message
om...
> To illinois fisherman:
> maybe try reading the link contents again. would I be posting this if
> I supported PETA?
>
> bill
>
> "Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Posted by NAFC newsletter.
>> >
>> PETA Sucks. They do not want any of us to fish ever. If you support this
>> group I suggest you post somewhere else because you are against
>> everything
>> we hold dear.
>>

>> "bill a" > wrote in message
>> m...
>> > ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.
>> >
>> > bill
>> > http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm?article=156

bill a
August 25th, 2004, 03:13 PM