PDA

View Full Version : Ah, Like Riding a Bike

Craig
August 22nd, 2004, 08:16 PM
First real day off in a long time. So after taking care of some chores, I
grabbed my Flipping stick and walked down to the lake. One rod, one lure (a
Texas rigged 3-1/2" tubebait with a 1/8-ounce bullet sinker), and the lake.

The weeds have taken over the shallow end of the lake. So the object was to
just walk around flipping into every open hole or space available - place
the lure into the hole, let it sink, twitch it a couple times, pull it and
repeat.

Caught 3 nice fish in about a half-hour. First fish was a nice 3-4 pound
largemouth, second was about a 2 pounds, and the third was about 1.5
ound - which tore and flung my tubebait during the fight. So after
unhooking the it, I had no choice but to walk home.

Nice thing about catching 3 fish in a half-hour was that walk home was a
pleasure and thinking, yep - I still got it! I still know how to fish!!!

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Brad Coovert
August 23rd, 2004, 03:10 AM
>The weeds have taken over the shallow end of the lake. So the object was to
>just walk around flipping into every open hole or space available - place
>the lure into the hole, let it sink, twitch it a couple times, pull it and
>repeat.

That's how it is in the pond across the street. Walk around and flip a bait in
the hoels in the lily pads. Good for a few fish now and then after work.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com