PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my boat on the river

nlcatfish
August 22nd, 2004, 10:27 PM
Finally got my boat in the river for 2004. Launched from The FREE
ramp at the Cincinnati Public landing.
Checked out the spots that I was shown last October by a fishing
guide. With my depth finder saw how deep the holes were. I also
checked out another hole a guy told me about last week.
I caught 4 cats total 2 channels and 2 blues. the Channels were 3.6
and 2.7 pound. The one blue was 2.6 pounds. the baby blue was about
7 inches long. It is good to see the blues having offspring so there
will be more blues in this section of the Ohio River in the future.

I did have one of the hardest runs ever; that fish just had my
clicker running without stop. When I put my finger down to stop the
line it almost cut me. I was in 50 feet of water and I tighten down
my drag but it had little effect. he just stayed down and headed down
river. I set the hook and held on till I got him turned. I got a
couple turns of the reel and felt him and knew he was BIG! Tightened
the drag some more to get leverage to try to get him up off the
bottom. Had him for a few more turn before he wrapped me on some type
of sang! Never saw him for my line broke on the snag.

The rain came and I was stuck under a bridge waiting it out for 3
hours. My boat and motor checked out just fine . I now know about
the holes I had be wondering about all this season. Eager to head
back to those spots in the remaining weeks of this season. By the way
all the fish were caught on garlic salted chicken liver. Tight lines
nlcatfish

webmaster for Cincinnati Catfishing
www.cincinnaticatfishing.com
AND
SHOP WITHOUT DROPPING
www.cincinnaticatfishing.com/Shop1.html

Garrison L. Hilliard
August 24th, 2004, 07:57 PM
On 22 Aug 2004, nlcatfish wrote:

> Finally got my boat in the river for 2004. Launched from The FREE
> ramp at the Cincinnati Public landing.

Hey, e-mail me the next time you go out... I'd like to go along, if it's
not too much of an imposition! :-)