PDA

View Full Version : Fishing today

Chris Rennert
August 22nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
Hey all, I was up at 6:30 and on the water by 7. The Ranger is running
again like a "Scolded Dog" (that was for you Kevin).
The Bay was a little choppy so I kicked her down, and was pulling mid 50's
when I hit the big lake (Winnebago) and hit 3 footers. The boat handled
them amazing, but I wasn't about to anchor a bass boat in 3ft waves to fish
the reefs today. So I ended up fishing a lot of my largemouth cover.
Unfortunately we had a big 2 day tournamant on the system this weekend (team
tournament) so the fish were a little pressured from the day before. I did
manage 4 bites and landed 3 legals. All between 14.5" and 15". Nothing to
really brag about, but not too bad for the amount of water I was able to
fish from this particular launch. I trailered over to the river and found
the rest of the guys from the tourney that didn't want to challenge the lake
today, so I put in 4 hours (7am to 11am) and went home. I will be out the
rest of this week, so it should be ok :)

Take care,

Chris