PDA

View Full Version : Wax works

RichG
August 25th, 2004, 04:15 AM
A few weeks ago I commented that I was trying adding Paraffin Wax to Power
Pro to see if I could reduce "catch-casts" and wind knots on braided lines
that were a few months old.

Wax works. Whether I used Paraffin or just auto car wax applied with a
pad..adding a wax coating to my somewhat used Power Pro and Stren braided
lines made a big difference in reducing wind knots and "catch-casts" on
light or wind resistant lures. I will keep coating them because it works!!
RichG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Fat Bass
September 1st, 2004, 01:37 PM
Hmmm... kind of like line dressing for flyline. Armor All works good too.