PDA

View Full Version : Re: Hey Steve!!! NWC

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
August 30th, 2004, 02:06 PM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> speaking of wild, anything killed out in the wild recently?

Actually, I'm working on the article now. The trip was a true adventure,
being 876 miles NNE of Montreal, you really are in the wilderness and it's
an experience of a lifetime.

We hunted hard for 4 days, without a caribou in sight. It was so warm up
there that they never started their migration. We ended up getting moved to
a different camp and with two days left in the hunt, my son Jim and I each
bagged a good caribou bull. We were allowed two on each tag, but simply ran
out of time.

Who knows, we might be eating caribou at the NWC on Saturday night....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Bob
August 30th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Oh lordy, your making my mouth water at the thought. And I can't be there
:-(
Just not enough money and/or time off from work. Bummer.
And what really hurts is that I am only 3 hours away. Double Bummer!

Cast far and have fun
Bob

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> bagged a good caribou bull. We were allowed two on each tag, but simply
ran
> out of time.
>
> Who knows, we might be eating caribou at the NWC on Saturday night....
> --

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
August 30th, 2004, 03:33 PM
"Bob" > wrote in message
> Oh lordy, your making my mouth water at the thought. And I can't be there
> :-(
> Just not enough money and/or time off from work. Bummer.
> And what really hurts is that I am only 3 hours away. Double Bummer!
>
> Cast far and have fun
> Bob

Hey, come on up and fish on Saturday! We've had guys only fish one day
before.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
August 31st, 2004, 01:39 AM
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:43:05 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
into the ether:

>Lol Randy! I talked to Moe up in NY last night. He's doing great, but is
>still unsure about the NWC. I urged him to attend, & he's gonna do what he
>can to make it. Of course, it probably wouldn't hurt if he was urged on by
>some additional rofb'ers...
>
>Warren

Moe, say it ain't so! I was hoping to meet you. Come on over! I'll
tell you where that one Bass that Warren has been chasing is :<}
>"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
>> Welcome back!!! Now the countdown begins for the NWC, I am so looking
>> forward to this years classic. This should rival any previous years based
>on
>> number of entrants. Sadly the boys from secret weapon will not be present
>so
>> they better call in......"Can you here me now, Joe, Bob and Charles?"
>>
>> Get the Baily's out and brew some coffee cause the boys from the NE are
>> heading your way. Me, Harry and Warren should be able to put a limit
>> together between us over a two day period...maybe :-) Either way the
>> fishing is a bonus.. Can't wait to get some good food, good drink and some
>> good times. It's the break I'm looking for.. and one that is really
>> needed... Next week will take forever to go by, it always does. But thanks
>> to Warren I will avoide the 38 hour round trip. Thanks again Bud your the
>> best. This is going to be a blast. so if you are thinking about coming,
>stop
>> thinking and get there, bring the wife or girlfriend if need be(Just keep
>> them away from Moe or you might go home short one partner..HMMM come to
>> think of it... ahh never mind) Just come on up!!!!
>>

>> Randy-

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
August 31st, 2004, 01:40 AM
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:27:52 GMT, "Bob" > sent into
the ether:

>Oh lordy, your making my mouth water at the thought. And I can't be there
>:-(
>Just not enough money and/or time off from work. Bummer.
>And what really hurts is that I am only 3 hours away. Double Bummer!
>
>Cast far and have fun
>Bob
Been there done that. It ain't no fun!

>"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
>message ...
>> bagged a good caribou bull. We were allowed two on each tag, but simply
>ran
>> out of time.
>>
>> Who knows, we might be eating caribou at the NWC on Saturday night....
>> --

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Bob
August 31st, 2004, 12:44 PM
Oh man, wish I could. Boss posted the "voluntary" overtime list 4 weeks ago.
Saturday's until noon through to the end of September. About all that would
leave me is to come up and eat food and cry about all the "true" fishing
stories that I was not a part of. All being told by a bunch of people that,
hopefully, know what they are on about :-)

{whimper}
Bob

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...

> Hey, come on up and fish on Saturday! We've had guys only fish one day
> before.

alwaysfishking
September 1st, 2004, 12:52 AM
Is that a real bad summer cold your coming down with Bob?, that can't be
good, I heard Charles Summers is currently experiencing it also... Man hate
to see both of you guys sicks as dogs in bed while we fish,laugh joke and
drink(not neccesarily in that order)... have I ever shown you my Doctors
notes?

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Oh man, wish I could. Boss posted the "voluntary" overtime list 4 weeks
ago.
> Saturday's until noon through to the end of September. About all that
would
> leave me is to come up and eat food and cry about all the "true" fishing
> stories that I was not a part of. All being told by a bunch of people
that,
> hopefully, know what they are on about :-)
>
> {whimper}
> Bob
>
> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
> message ...
> >
> > Hey, come on up and fish on Saturday! We've had guys only fish one day
> > before.

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 1st, 2004, 01:52 AM
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:52:11 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> sent into the ether:

>Is that a real bad summer cold your coming down with Bob?, that can't be
>good, I heard Charles Summers is currently experiencing it also... Man hate
>to see both of you guys sicks as dogs in bed while we fish,laugh joke and
>drink(not neccesarily in that order)... have I ever shown you my Doctors
>notes?
Sounds like viral brochitis to me. Nasty stuff. Comunicable as all
heck. Could infect a whole plant in just a few days with you coughing
and hacking up big chunks of lung like that.

>"Bob" > wrote in message
>> Oh man, wish I could. Boss posted the "voluntary" overtime list 4 weeks
>ago.
>> Saturday's until noon through to the end of September. About all that
>would
>> leave me is to come up and eat food and cry about all the "true" fishing
>> stories that I was not a part of. All being told by a bunch of people
>that,
>> hopefully, know what they are on about :-)
>>
>> {whimper}
>> Bob
>>
>> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
>> message ...
>> >
>> > Hey, come on up and fish on Saturday! We've had guys only fish one day
>> > before.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 1st, 2004, 01:52 AM
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:52:11 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> sent into the ether:

>Is that a real bad summer cold your coming down with Bob?, that can't be
>good, I heard Charles Summers is currently experiencing it also... Man hate
>to see both of you guys sicks as dogs in bed while we fish,laugh joke and
>drink(not neccesarily in that order)... have I ever shown you my Doctors
>notes?
Sounds like viral brochitis to me. Nasty stuff. Comunicable as all
heck. Could infect a whole plant in just a few days with you coughing
and hacking up big chunks of lung like that.

>"Bob" > wrote in message
>> Oh man, wish I could. Boss posted the "voluntary" overtime list 4 weeks
>ago.
>> Saturday's until noon through to the end of September. About all that
>would
>> leave me is to come up and eat food and cry about all the "true" fishing
>> stories that I was not a part of. All being told by a bunch of people
>that,
>> hopefully, know what they are on about :-)
>>
>> {whimper}
>> Bob
>>
>> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
>> message ...
>> >
>> > Hey, come on up and fish on Saturday! We've had guys only fish one day
>> > before.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com