PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish crankbaits?

SHREDİ
November 23rd, 2003, 06:20 PM
I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.

Thanks

Bob La Londe
November 23rd, 2003, 07:57 PM
Gold jointed Rapala.

Biggest smallmouth I have ever seen came up on one dragged behind downrigger
in about 35' of water on Lake Erie.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"SHREDİ" > wrote in message
> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
>
> Thanks

G. M. Zimmermann
November 25th, 2003, 12:36 PM
>I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.

Does Pepridge Farm have a website? I don't think they miake fishing lures,
just crackers.

-Zimmy

SHREDİ
November 25th, 2003, 01:13 PM
G. M. Zimmermann wrote:
>> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
>>

> Does Pepridge Farm have a website? I don't think they miake fishing
> lures, just crackers.
>
> -Zimmy

Them goldfish crackers are difficult to T-rig!!

Bob La Londe
November 25th, 2003, 01:57 PM
SHREDİ" > wrote in message
> G. M. Zimmermann wrote:
> >> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
> >>

> > Does Pepridge Farm have a website? I don't think they miake fishing
> > lures, just crackers.
> >
> > -Zimmy
>
> Them goldfish crackers are difficult to T-rig!!

Try a cricket rig. Slip the broken off neck of a ballon over the tail, and
slip the hook through the loop.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
Simply add it to our index page.
No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

George
November 26th, 2003, 09:20 AM
>I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.

Are you trying to hook the cat?

George
Bucks County, PA

Chris Rennert
December 1st, 2003, 09:48 PM
I am curious as to why you would want to imitate a goldfish? I am not
knocking you by no means, I am just really interested in the reasoning.

Chris Rennert
"SHREDİ" > wrote in message
> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
>
> Thanks

SHREDİ
December 2nd, 2003, 01:26 AM
Chris Rennert wrote:
> I am curious as to why you would want to imitate a goldfish? I am not
> knocking you by no means, I am just really interested in the
> reasoning.

In the San Diego area ponds goldfish drive bass crazy.
They are illegal to use so I thought a crankbait that looked like one would
work.
I just bought a Japanese "Saiko" crankbait. It looks awesome. Like a
reddish-gold goldfish.

> Chris Rennert
> "SHREDİ" > wrote in message
>> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Chris Rennert
> "SHREDİ" > wrote in message
>> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
>>
>> Thanks

Chris Rennert
December 2nd, 2003, 05:02 AM
Shred ,

I grew up in San Diego fishing bass. Where are you fishing. I fished Lake
Jennings, El Capitan, Mirimar, Otay, Cuyamacha, and Cholas. Now that I live
in Wisconsin, I really miss those bodies of water, but I cannot complain
about the opportunities I have here for different species.

Chris
"SHREDİ" > wrote in message
> Chris Rennert wrote:
> > I am curious as to why you would want to imitate a goldfish? I am not
> > knocking you by no means, I am just really interested in the
> > reasoning.
>

> In the San Diego area ponds goldfish drive bass crazy.
> They are illegal to use so I thought a crankbait that looked like one
would
> work.
> I just bought a Japanese "Saiko" crankbait. It looks awesome. Like a
> reddish-gold goldfish.
>

> > Chris Rennert
> > "SHREDİ" > wrote in message
> >> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > Chris Rennert
> > "SHREDİ" > wrote in message
> >> I am looking for crankbaits that imitate a goldfish.
> >>
> >> Thanks

SHREDİ
December 2nd, 2003, 01:17 PM
Chris Rennert wrote:
> Shred ,
>
> I grew up in San Diego fishing bass. Where are you fishing. I
> fished Lake Jennings, El Capitan, Mirimar, Otay, Cuyamacha, and
> Cholas. Now that I live in Wisconsin, I really miss those bodies of
> water, but I cannot complain about the opportunities I have here for
> different species.
>
> Chris

Hey Chris,
On lakes I mostly fish Hodges. It is so nice that the water level has
dropped past the launch ramp. No boats can launch, only "car toppers",
kayaks, and float tubes. It is so peaceful to fish, from my kayak, with no
motor boats around.
I caught a 9 and 8 and lots in the 3 to 6 pound range this year from Hodges.
I went almost every Sunday during the season.
I fish ponds a lot too.
Here is a website I made a couple of years ago. Mostly pond fish and some
shots of Hodges and Barrett.

http://groups.msn.com/TotallyBASS

9 pounder:
http://groups.msn.com/TotallyBASS/2003.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=76

tight lines-------SHRED

> "SHREDİ" > wrote in message
>> Chris Rennert wrote:
>>> I am curious as to why you would want to imitate a goldfish? I am
>>> not knocking you by no means, I am just really interested in the
>>> reasoning.
>>

>> In the San Diego area ponds goldfish drive bass crazy.
>> They are illegal to use so I thought a crankbait that looked like
>> one would work.
>> I just bought a Japanese "Saiko" crankbait. It looks awesome. Like a
>> reddish-gold goldfish.
>>

>>> Chris Rennert
>>> "SHREDİ" > wrote in message

>>> Chris Rennert
>>> "SHREDİ" > wrote in message

John Kerr
December 2nd, 2003, 10:29 PM
Lake Cuyamacha was one of my favorite waters years ago. Most people
thought of it as trout lake back then, and I made it a point not to tell
anyone about the bass that lived there too <g>! It sure can get cold up
there though...well, cold for California:).

JK

John Kerr
December 2nd, 2003, 10:35 PM
Hodges is a neat lake, and super convenient. Caught some nice fish under
the bridge, and around on the "grassy" side when the lake was up to full
level. I lived half way between Hodges and Poway Lake, just a couple
minutes to either one...a lot of spur of the moment fishing trips:).
JK

Chris Rennert
December 3rd, 2003, 04:51 PM
Sometimes I miss those lakes, but then I look around me, and I don't have to
worry about the lake closing for the week, or the season, or paying $3 every
time I want to fish (well, I probably still do, but not directly).
Also the amount of species I can chase here, really dwarfs what San Diego
has to offer (unless you pursue sal****er fish, which was never really
something I liked).

I do want to go back though and test my skills again. Last time I was
there I spent about 4 hours out and hooked about a dozen largemouth with the
largest going about 6lbs. Caught all of them on #11 - #13 Rainbow Trout
floating rapalas.

Chris