PDA

View Full Version : New Pike fisherman

Leslie Spencer
September 1st, 2004, 12:55 AM
All,

I have bought some Pike tackle.

Hope to be a new fisherman here in the UK.

Was a predator fisherman in Africa.

Now live in Brentwood.

Would like to know where the nearest Pike fishing grounds are to where I
live.

Would appreciate any advice in this regard as well as tackle, line weights,
reels, lures etc.

Was sold a spoon and mino popper at my local tackle shop. as well as a 9 ft
rod, coffee grinder and 25 lb breaking strain mono. Am I on the right track?

Regards,

les.

Alec Powell
September 1st, 2004, 08:32 AM
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Leslie Spencer, gave forth these words of wisdom:
>All,
>
>I have bought some Pike tackle.
>
>Hope to be a new fisherman here in the UK.
>
>Was a predator fisherman in Africa.
>
>Now live in Brentwood.
>
>Would like to know where the nearest Pike fishing grounds are to where I
>live.
>
>Would appreciate any advice in this regard as well as tackle, line weights,
>reels, lures etc.
>
>Was sold a spoon and mino popper at my local tackle shop. as well as a 9 ft
>rod, coffee grinder and 25 lb breaking strain mono. Am I on the right track?
>
>Regards,
>
>les.

Hi Les,
I think you would be best to ask about Pike fishing on
uk.rec.fishing.coarse.
Over here we don't exactly think of Pike as game fish :-)
(Mind you some of us DO fish for them when there's no trout around, a la
2004!)
I'll email you with some other stuff so as these game boys don't give me
a hard time for being OT:-)
Cheers,
Alec

--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

Alternative email address:

Web Pages:
http://www.prole.demon.co.uk

W. D. Grey
September 17th, 2004, 02:47 PM
In article >, Alec Powell
> writes
>I'll email you with some other stuff so as these game boys don't give
>me a hard time for being OT:-)

I've seen you fishing - *THAT* was pretty coarse :-)

(runs and ducks)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

W. D. Grey
September 17th, 2004, 02:47 PM
In article >, Alec Powell
> writes
>I'll email you with some other stuff so as these game boys don't give
>me a hard time for being OT:-)

I've seen you fishing - *THAT* was pretty coarse :-)

(runs and ducks)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Dave Lane
September 17th, 2004, 03:18 PM
In message >
"W. D. Grey" > wrote:

> In article >, Alec Powell
> > writes
> >I'll email you with some other stuff so as these game boys don't give
> >me a hard time for being OT:-)
>
> I've seen you fishing - *THAT* was pretty coarse :-)
>
> (runs and ducks)

but it wasn't pretty....and anyway, who are you calling a game boy?

--

.... indows 3.1: from the people that brought you EDLIN!!

Dave Lane
September 17th, 2004, 03:18 PM
In message >
"W. D. Grey" > wrote:

> In article >, Alec Powell
> > writes
> >I'll email you with some other stuff so as these game boys don't give
> >me a hard time for being OT:-)
>
> I've seen you fishing - *THAT* was pretty coarse :-)
>
> (runs and ducks)

but it wasn't pretty....and anyway, who are you calling a game boy?

--

.... indows 3.1: from the people that brought you EDLIN!!

W. D. Grey
October 5th, 2004, 07:36 PM
In article >, Dave Lane
> writes
>n message >
> "W. D. Grey" > wrote:
>
>> In article >, Alec Powell
>> > writes
>> >I'll email you with some other stuff so as these game boys don't give
>> >me a hard time for being OT:-)
>>
>> I've seen you fishing - *THAT* was pretty coarse :-)
>>
>> (runs and ducks)
>
> but it wasn't pretty....and anyway, who are you calling a game boy?

Who? Moi?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk