PDA

View Full Version : Double Header of Steelhead

Rivers North
September 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
Out fishing on the Skeena River again yesterday and first thing in the day
we got extremely lucky and had two Steelhead on at the same time, my fish it
first and ran up stream and spooked another fish into hitting my partner's
line. Long story short we released both Steelies,one 10lbs and the other
12lbs...nice bright fish. We managed to hook into another 8 Steelies during
the day but no sign of any Coho, maybe today. chow 4 gord p
www.riversnorth.bc.ca

boogieman
September 2nd, 2004, 01:54 AM
If you want some real world class steelhead action you need to get to the
Cowichan river on Vancouver Island.

Dan

Rivers North wrote:

> Out fishing on the Skeena River again yesterday and first thing in the day
> we got extremely lucky and had two Steelhead on at the same time, my fish it
> first and ran up stream and spooked another fish into hitting my partner's
> line. Long story short we released both Steelies,one 10lbs and the other
> 12lbs...nice bright fish. We managed to hook into another 8 Steelies during
> the day but no sign of any Coho, maybe today. chow 4 gord p
> www.riversnorth.bc.ca

Rivers North
September 2nd, 2004, 02:56 AM
I laugh in your general direction, the Skeena Steelhead run outmatches
anything left on the whole Vancouver Island. I can catch Huge Bulkley
Bucks, Kispiox,Babine,Copper,the list goes on and on. Yesterday we fished
for three hours and released 10 fish bigger than you will ever see fishing
the Cowichan. If I could post pictures I would show you many pictures
of fish over twenty pounds. You have to fish this system before you judge
it. chow 4 now gord p

Joe Z
September 2nd, 2004, 03:56 AM
Hey Gord,
Post a few here. ROFB (rec.outdoors.fishing.bass) posts pics here all the
time.
alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Joe Z.

"Rivers North" > wrote in message
I laugh in your general direction, the Skeena Steelhead run outmatches
anything left on the whole Vancouver Island. I can catch Huge Bulkley
Bucks, Kispiox,Babine,Copper,the list goes on and on. Yesterday we fished
for three hours and released 10 fish bigger than you will ever see fishing
the Cowichan. If I could post pictures I would show you many pictures
of fish over twenty pounds. You have to fish this system before you judge
it. chow 4 now gord p

Rivers North
September 3rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Checkout alt.binaries.pictures.fishing, going out tomorrow with camera, see
if we can get some shiny new pics. chow 4 now gord p

"Joe Z" > wrote in message
> Hey Gord,
> Post a few here. ROFB (rec.outdoors.fishing.bass) posts pics here all the
> time.
> alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
> Joe Z.
>
> "Rivers North" > wrote in message
> I laugh in your general direction, the Skeena Steelhead run outmatches
> anything left on the whole Vancouver Island. I can catch Huge Bulkley
> Bucks, Kispiox,Babine,Copper,the list goes on and on. Yesterday we fished
> for three hours and released 10 fish bigger than you will ever see fishing
> the Cowichan. If I could post pictures I would show you many pictures
> of fish over twenty pounds. You have to fish this system before you judge
> it. chow 4 now gord p

Salmonid
September 5th, 2004, 08:42 PM
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:54:55 -0400, boogieman >
wrote:

>If you want some real world class steelhead action you need to get to the
>Cowichan river on Vancouver Island.
>
>Dan

100% bull**** from Dan--the Cowichan last year had the lowest ever
recorded returns of Steelies since Euros came to the Americas.
Ditto every river on the Island except the Stamp/Somass system.
The party is over for Van Isle Steelies forever.
Soon BC Steelheaders will be going to Ontario for 10 fish days.

wrote:

>If you want some real world class steelhead action you need to get to the
>Cowichan river on Vancouver Island.
>
>Dan

100% bull**** from Dan--the Cowichan last year had the lowest ever
recorded returns of Steelies since Euros came to the Americas.
Ditto every river on the Island except the Stamp/Somass system.
The party is over for Van Isle Steelies forever.
Soon BC Steelheaders will be going to Ontario for 10 fish days.

Rivers North
September 6th, 2004, 01:02 AM
I just returned home from(where else) fishing I only hooked a half dozen
Chrome Bright Steelhead, but I was mostly visiting with my son. Ontario
Steelhead "Glow" I mean they swim in the Atomic waste tailings pond called
the Great Lakes. The best Steelheading in North America is Northwestern BC.
chow 4 now gord p