PDA

View Full Version : What the ???

Charles B. Summers
September 3rd, 2004, 04:01 AM
I was going to check out the International Game and Fish Associations
web-site and typed the url: www.ifga.org

I now know that there is an organization for just about everything.
It wasn't exactly what I was looking for. LOL

Rodney
September 3rd, 2004, 04:31 AM
Charles B. Summers wrote:
> I was going to check out the International Game and Fish Associations
> web-site and typed the url: www.ifga.org
>
> I now know that there is an organization for just about everything.
> It wasn't exactly what I was looking for. LOL

You going to start fishing for them ? :-)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
September 3rd, 2004, 04:31 AM
Charles B. Summers wrote:
> I was going to check out the International Game and Fish Associations
> web-site and typed the url: www.ifga.org
>
> I now know that there is an organization for just about everything.
> It wasn't exactly what I was looking for. LOL

You going to start fishing for them ? :-)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

RGarri7470
September 3rd, 2004, 02:21 PM
Did you join up?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Charles Summers
September 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Naa... I'm not much for Fancy Guppies.

What got me interested was that in Bassmaster Magazine... they were saying
that there is no 4# line record for several states... Tennessee included. I
was guessing that since there's not an entry, I could weigh in a 15" bass
caught on 4# line and have a record, even if for a short time. Whatcha
think?

Oh yeah... that was www.igfa.org that I was looking for.

"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> Did you join up?
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

Charles Summers
September 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Naa... I'm not much for Fancy Guppies.

What got me interested was that in Bassmaster Magazine... they were saying
that there is no 4# line record for several states... Tennessee included. I
was guessing that since there's not an entry, I could weigh in a 15" bass
caught on 4# line and have a record, even if for a short time. Whatcha
think?

Oh yeah... that was www.igfa.org that I was looking for.

"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> Did you join up?
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

Bob La Londe
September 3rd, 2004, 03:15 PM
I can see that. I once caught a 4.5 on 6lb mono. I found the trick to
landing big fish on light line is to use a long limber rod. Mine was with a
spinning reel on an 8' fly rod. I also caught one big channel catfish on
that same rod. I don't remember the exact weight, but it was bigger than
the bass. It also took me more than 45 minutes and a walk / wade / swim
adventure to land that one.

For a more serious look at landing big fish on light line take a look at
fishing for steelhead on Lake Erie with noodle rods. My uncle David does a
lot of that kind of fishing.

I bet some of the long crappie rods would lend themselves well to managing
big fish on light line as well. They woud not be allowed for most bass
tournaments, but for record hunting I bet they would work great.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Naa... I'm not much for Fancy Guppies.
>
> What got me interested was that in Bassmaster Magazine... they were saying
> that there is no 4# line record for several states... Tennessee included.
> was guessing that since there's not an entry, I could weigh in a 15" bass
> caught on 4# line and have a record, even if for a short time. Whatcha
> think?
>
> Oh yeah... that was www.igfa.org that I was looking for.
>

> "RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> > Did you join up?
> > Ronnie
> >
> > http://fishing.about.com

Bob La Londe
September 3rd, 2004, 03:15 PM
I can see that. I once caught a 4.5 on 6lb mono. I found the trick to
landing big fish on light line is to use a long limber rod. Mine was with a
spinning reel on an 8' fly rod. I also caught one big channel catfish on
that same rod. I don't remember the exact weight, but it was bigger than
the bass. It also took me more than 45 minutes and a walk / wade / swim
adventure to land that one.

For a more serious look at landing big fish on light line take a look at
fishing for steelhead on Lake Erie with noodle rods. My uncle David does a
lot of that kind of fishing.

I bet some of the long crappie rods would lend themselves well to managing
big fish on light line as well. They woud not be allowed for most bass
tournaments, but for record hunting I bet they would work great.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Naa... I'm not much for Fancy Guppies.
>
> What got me interested was that in Bassmaster Magazine... they were saying
> that there is no 4# line record for several states... Tennessee included.
> was guessing that since there's not an entry, I could weigh in a 15" bass
> caught on 4# line and have a record, even if for a short time. Whatcha
> think?
>
> Oh yeah... that was www.igfa.org that I was looking for.
>

> "RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> > Did you join up?
> > Ronnie
> >
> > http://fishing.about.com

Rodney
September 3rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Bob La Londe wrote:

> I bet some of the long crappie rods would lend themselves well to managing
> big fish on light line as well. They woud not be allowed for most bass
> tournaments, but for record hunting I bet they would work great.

Three years ago I caught a 22 lb flat head cat on 4 lb and a 12 foot
crappie rod, #8 Eagle Claw long shank, and a cricket, (I was blue gill
fishing) it took over 2 1/2 hours to land it, every time I would get it
close it would see me and take off again, I had a reel spooled with 350
yds of 4 #, I used such a big reel because it balanced the rod, I was
glad of all that line was on the reel, that fish used most of it three
times. I finally got some help and we netted it. WIthout that rod I
don't think I would have had a chance of bringing it in, that rod
absorbed a lot of head shaking, and quick sperts of speed, before the
drag slipped

--

Bob La Londe wrote:

> I bet some of the long crappie rods would lend themselves well to managing
> big fish on light line as well. They woud not be allowed for most bass
> tournaments, but for record hunting I bet they would work great.

Three years ago I caught a 22 lb flat head cat on 4 lb and a 12 foot
crappie rod, #8 Eagle Claw long shank, and a cricket, (I was blue gill
fishing) it took over 2 1/2 hours to land it, every time I would get it
close it would see me and take off again, I had a reel spooled with 350
yds of 4 #, I used such a big reel because it balanced the rod, I was
glad of all that line was on the reel, that fish used most of it three
times. I finally got some help and we netted it. WIthout that rod I
don't think I would have had a chance of bringing it in, that rod
absorbed a lot of head shaking, and quick sperts of speed, before the
drag slipped

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Charles Summers
September 3rd, 2004, 04:26 PM
The rules didn't say anything about the max length of the rod... and I've
got a noodle rod!

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> [...]

> I bet some of the long crappie rods would lend themselves well to managing
> big fish on light line as well. They woud not be allowed for most bass
> tournaments, but for record hunting I bet they would work great.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Naa... I'm not much for Fancy Guppies.
> >
> > What got me interested was that in Bassmaster Magazine... they were
saying
> > that there is no 4# line record for several states... Tennessee
included.
> > was guessing that since there's not an entry, I could weigh in a 15"
bass
> > caught on 4# line and have a record, even if for a short time. Whatcha

alwaysfishking
September 3rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
I saw that Charles. I also noticed NJ on the list. I was thinking that could
be a nice addition to an e-mail signature. Seeing as I caught 5 bass the
other day fishing in NJ It should be no problem

NJ State Line Class Record Holder,,, hmm bet that would bug Harry for a few
days.. :-)

> [...]

managing
> > big fish on light line as well. They woud not be allowed for most bass
> > tournaments, but for record hunting I bet they would work great.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Naa... I'm not much for Fancy Guppies.
> > >
> > > What got me interested was that in Bassmaster Magazine... they were
> saying
> > > that there is no 4# line record for several states... Tennessee
> included.
> > > was guessing that since there's not an entry, I could weigh in a 15"
> bass
> > > caught on 4# line and have a record, even if for a short time. Whatcha

RGarri7470
September 4th, 2004, 04:00 AM
I have been a member of IGFA for many years - there are some minimum
requirements on a record. Will try to look them up when I get back from
Wisconsin. Wish you were going!