PDA

View Full Version : flying with rods / reels / flies

James M. McCall
September 3rd, 2004, 02:56 AM
What are the current regulations concerning carrying these items onboard
flights originating and ending in Canada? Is there a length restriction on
rods or is it simply forbidden to bring them onboard? Can anyone lead me to
a link to the gov't regs? Thanks.

Don Phillipson
September 5th, 2004, 06:25 PM
"James M. McCall" > wrote in message

> What are the current regulations concerning carrying these items onboard
> flights originating and ending in Canada? Is there a length restriction
on
> rods or is it simply forbidden to bring them onboard? Can anyone lead me
> a link to the gov't regs? Thanks.

Government regulations prohibit carrying on an
aircraft only special goods e.g. firearms and
combustibles. No such regulations restrict
fishing tackle: this is up to each airline or
aircraft captain.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs