PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to sell a boat?

Chuck Coger
November 25th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
in another 10 years I can afford another one.
Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
know about.

Any advice helpful.

Thanks in advance
---
Chuck Coger

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 25th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Ebay?? They sell cars so I guess they would sell a boat. Doc
"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message ...
Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
in another 10 years I can afford another one.
Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
know about.

Any advice helpful.

Thanks in advance
---
Chuck Coger

RG
November 25th, 2003, 08:51 PM
www.boatraderonline.com
I've sold, and bought, a couple of boats over the years, and the boat
trader magazine and now the on-line service sure has a lot to offer. My 20
Gulf Coast was sold to someone who saw the ad in boatrader magazine. You
probably have them in your local gas stations etc. RichG

Marty S.
November 25th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Ebay.

--
Marty S.
Baltimore, MD USA

"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
> ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
> disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
> in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
> any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
> know about.
>

> Any advice helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---
> Chuck Coger

Crownliner
November 26th, 2003, 12:49 AM
what kind of boat?

crownliner

"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
> ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
> disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
> in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
> any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
> know about.
>

> Any advice helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---
> Chuck Coger

Chuck Coger
November 26th, 2003, 12:53 AM
1998 201 Pro Elite Stratos with a 200 Evinrude.

---
Chuck Coger
"Crownliner" > wrote in message
> what kind of boat?
>
> crownliner
>
> "Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> > Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7
months
> > ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
> > disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first.
Maybe
> > in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> > Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> > Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has
had
> > any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
> > know about.
> >

> > Any advice helpful.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > ---
> > Chuck Coger

Henry Hefner
November 26th, 2003, 01:00 AM
I would post on bulletin boards in your local tackle shops with
pictures. Also, think of local forums where fishermen chat. I've seen a
lot of boats sold on TexasFishingForum.com , I wonder if there isn't a
similar website in your area.

Chuck Coger wrote:

> Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
> ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
> disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
> in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
> any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
> know about.
>

> Any advice helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---
> Chuck Coger

SHREDİ
November 26th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Chuck Coger wrote:
> Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7
> months ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am
> very disappointed over the situation but the family and house come
> first. Maybe in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has
> had any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I
> may not know about.
>

> Any advice helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---
> Chuck Coger

I have sold a boat very quickly, locally, by pricing it low.
That gets them sold, if you can afford to do it.

Ranger_391
November 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Chuck,

I would also include a post to the Bass Fishing Home Page.

http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/

Go to the Boats for Sale area.

Good Luck.

Scott....
Northern Wisconsin

"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message >...
> Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
> ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
> disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
> in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
> any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
> know about.
>

> Any advice helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---
> Chuck Coger

Bill Kiene
November 26th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Hi Chuck,

Sadly, this is probably very good advise............I would put it
everywhere you can.

If someone gives you a offer you think is too low, keep their name and phone
number for later. I learned this as a kid.

Got married, so the hot rod I have about $3,000 in had to be sold for a new
VW Beetle. I put it in the paper for $2000. Got an offer for $1,300 so I
told them "no way". A month later I sold it for $700. I realized that next
time I would tell them that I would save their name and phone number and if
I did not a get a better offer I would call them.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"SHREDİ" > wrote in message

> Chuck Coger wrote:
> > Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7
> > months ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am
> > very disappointed over the situation but the family and house come
> > first. Maybe in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> > Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> > Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has
> > had any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I
> > may not know about.
> >

> > Any advice helpful.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > ---
> > Chuck Coger
>
> I have sold a boat very quickly, locally, by pricing it low.
> That gets them sold, if you can afford to do it.

Dan Krueger
November 27th, 2003, 01:55 AM
About five or six years ago I had a friend who took me fishing in his boat who
found himself in the same situation. When he lost his job he asked me if I
wanted to buy his boat. Since he had made the payments and picked up the
insurance bill, etc. for so long I made the payments for three months until he
got a new job. We initially agreed that I would buy it if he needed the money
but it was his to take back if he got back on his feet in a few months. It cost
me less than $1000.00 but it was worth it since he let me use his boat with him
quite a bit. While the boat never left his driveway, he took it back when he
could afford it. To me that was money well spent. I know it now more than ever
with two boats in the stable. He offered to repay me but I couldn't accept it.
Until you own a boat, you have no idea what the real costs are. As far as I'm
concerned, that was cheap fishing for me!

Maybe you also have a fishing buddy who can buy you some time. It will cost you
more to buy new down the road.

Good luck,
Dan

Chuck Coger wrote:
> Well I held on to it as long as I could and since being laid off 7 months
> ago, but I just simply can't tote the note any longer. I am very
> disappointed over the situation but the family and house come first. Maybe
> in another 10 years I can afford another one.
> Question is what is the best way to sell a boat quickly?
> Obviously I have taken out a local ad, but I am curious if anyone has had
> any luck with any of the online services or other methods that I may not
> know about.
>

> Any advice helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---
> Chuck Coger

Chuck Coger
November 27th, 2003, 02:52 AM
I did have a fishing buddy and he owns me just a shade over 8000 for paying
his rent and grocery bills and using my car that he blew the engine in when
he lost his job. I will assure you I will never see a dime of that money,
and now that I am in need he wont answer a phone.. figures... live and learn
I guess..;)

Sounds like you had a real friend there and not a clown like I had as a
friend.

Unfortunatley in my situation the equity I have built in the boat is
critical to paying other bills.

---
Chuck Coger

hlink.net...