PDA

View Full Version : ot net

Lure builder
September 4th, 2004, 08:14 PM
I know this may be construed as being off topic but i'll pose the question
anyways. How big a landing net should i buy to land 40 inch pike. I want a
minimal size net since it is bothersome to carry around a salmon size net. The
nets that are sold quote sizes but how does that relate to the size of the
fish. I know there is a few pike anglers in the group.
This is off topic because the size of the landing net is not relevant to bass
fishing.

Rodney
September 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Lure builder wrote:

> I know this may be construed as being off topic but i'll pose the question
> anyways. How big a landing net should i buy to land 40 inch pike. I want a
> minimal size net since it is bothersome to carry around a salmon size net. The
> nets that are sold quote sizes but how does that relate to the size of the
> fish. I know there is a few pike anglers in the group.
> This is off topic because the size of the landing net is not relevant to bass
> fishing.

What do you need a net for? if your a man you will lip the sucker

Al, you need a net that's depth is at least 2/3 the length of the fish,
this is minimum. Can you do the math, or do I need to do it for you.

Or
Save your money and cut one leg out of a pair of panty hose, put a
wire frame and handle on it, use both legs and you can land two pike at
a time

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
September 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Lure builder wrote:

> I know this may be construed as being off topic but i'll pose the question
> anyways. How big a landing net should i buy to land 40 inch pike. I want a
> minimal size net since it is bothersome to carry around a salmon size net. The
> nets that are sold quote sizes but how does that relate to the size of the
> fish. I know there is a few pike anglers in the group.
> This is off topic because the size of the landing net is not relevant to bass
> fishing.

What do you need a net for? if your a man you will lip the sucker

Al, you need a net that's depth is at least 2/3 the length of the fish,
this is minimum. Can you do the math, or do I need to do it for you.

Or
Save your money and cut one leg out of a pair of panty hose, put a
wire frame and handle on it, use both legs and you can land two pike at
a time

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Christopher P. Cericola
September 4th, 2004, 09:10 PM
"Rodney" .> wrote in message
< Save your money and cut one leg out of a pair of panty hose, put a wire
frame and handle on it, use both legs and you can land two pike at a time >

But what will he wear fishing if he cuts up his good panty hose..

Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
September 4th, 2004, 09:10 PM
"Rodney" .> wrote in message
< Save your money and cut one leg out of a pair of panty hose, put a wire
frame and handle on it, use both legs and you can land two pike at a time >

But what will he wear fishing if he cuts up his good panty hose..

Christopher

Lure builder
September 5th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Rodney
>Al, you need a net that's depth is at least 2/3 the length of the fish,
>this is minimum. Can you do the math, or do I need to do it for you.

Rodney
I could do the math but i'll let you. Please take into account the opening size
of the net since the fish could be angled within the net. Maybe you could
create a function using the depth and circumference opening as variables. Then
i could plug in the stock values to get the correct size net. Thanks..

Lure builder
September 5th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Rodney
>Al, you need a net that's depth is at least 2/3 the length of the fish,
>this is minimum. Can you do the math, or do I need to do it for you.

Rodney
I could do the math but i'll let you. Please take into account the opening size
of the net since the fish could be angled within the net. Maybe you could
create a function using the depth and circumference opening as variables. Then
i could plug in the stock values to get the correct size net. Thanks..

Rodney
September 5th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Lure builder wrote:
> Rodney
>
>>Al, you need a net that's depth is at least 2/3 the length of the fish,
>>this is minimum. Can you do the math, or do I need to do it for you.
>>

> Rodney
> I could do the math but i'll let you.

I think I will let you instead,, I'm busy, and I don't care, I use a
huge net that can handle 50# + catfish, and I carry this net on my
little fishing kayak, every northern I've caught I just stuck my fingers
in it's gill slit, and lifted out
--

Lure builder wrote:
> Rodney
>
>>Al, you need a net that's depth is at least 2/3 the length of the fish,
>>this is minimum. Can you do the math, or do I need to do it for you.
>>

> Rodney
> I could do the math but i'll let you.

I think I will let you instead,, I'm busy, and I don't care, I use a
huge net that can handle 50# + catfish, and I carry this net on my
little fishing kayak, every northern I've caught I just stuck my fingers
in it's gill slit, and lifted out
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Lure builder
September 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Rodney
Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28 inches.
Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2

Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just fine.

Lure builder
September 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Rodney
Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28 inches.
Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2

Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just fine.

John C. French
September 6th, 2004, 12:56 AM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Rodney
> Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28 inches.
> Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
>
> Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
fine.

Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

John C. French
September 6th, 2004, 12:56 AM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Rodney
> Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28 inches.
> Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
>
> Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
fine.

Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 6th, 2004, 02:08 AM
He's not even Autistic, he's a damn Idiot Savant !!!! I bet he doesn't have
2 brain cells that touch.

"John C. French" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > Rodney
> > Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28
inches.
> > Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
> >
> > Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
> fine.
> >

> Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 6th, 2004, 02:08 AM
He's not even Autistic, he's a damn Idiot Savant !!!! I bet he doesn't have
2 brain cells that touch.

"John C. French" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > Rodney
> > Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28
inches.
> > Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
> >
> > Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
> fine.
> >

> Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 6th, 2004, 02:08 AM
He's not even Autistic, he's a damn Idiot Savant !!!! I bet he doesn't have
2 brain cells that touch.

"John C. French" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > Rodney
> > Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28
inches.
> > Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
> >
> > Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
> fine.
> >

> Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

John C. French
September 6th, 2004, 07:01 PM
well, I think you are half right.

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> He's not even Autistic, he's a damn Idiot Savant !!!! I bet he doesn't
have
> 2 brain cells that touch.
>

> "John C. French" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > Rodney
> > > Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28
> inches.
> > > Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
> > >
> > > Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
> > fine.
> > >

> > Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

John C. French
September 6th, 2004, 07:01 PM
well, I think you are half right.

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> He's not even Autistic, he's a damn Idiot Savant !!!! I bet he doesn't
have
> 2 brain cells that touch.
>

> "John C. French" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > Rodney
> > > Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28
> inches.
> > > Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
> > >
> > > Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
> > fine.
> > >

> > Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

John C. French
September 6th, 2004, 07:01 PM
well, I think you are half right.

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> He's not even Autistic, he's a damn Idiot Savant !!!! I bet he doesn't
have
> 2 brain cells that touch.
>

> "John C. French" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > Rodney
> > > Okay i'll do the math. Let the fish be 42 inches. Two thirds is 28
> inches.
> > > Using the pythagoras theorem 28^2=depth^2+diameter^2
> > >
> > > Looking at this equation a 20 to 24 inch diameter net should do just
> > fine.
> > >

> > Wow, he's not retarded!!! He's autistic!!

Lure builder
September 6th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I used euclidian type analytical geometry rather than spherical geomerty. I
thought the error margin justified a less rigorous approach to the problem.