PDA

View Full Version : More Anti Movies from Disney

Outdoors Magazine
November 26th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Disney's Anti-Hunting Bias is UnBEARable- (11/26)

Disney's most recent animated feature, "Brother Bear," is following in the
anti-hunting footsteps of "Bambi" as it hits theatres in time for the
holidays - and hunting seasons.

The movie is about a young Native American hunter, Kenai, who is transformed
into a bear. He becomes the adoptive father of a cub, only to find that
another hunter is stalking him. Daniel Neman, a writer for the Richmond
Times-Dispatch in Virginia notes, "the film makes an anti-hunting statement
that is out of place for American Indians."

In sportsmen's eyes, the Disney flick could not come at a poorer time. This
year, sportsmen have been forced to defend bear hunting across the country.
The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance's National Bear Hunting Defense Task Force and
other conservation groups rallied hunters to prevent Congress from banning
the use of bait to hunt black bears. It is currently working to protect a
recently established bear hunt in New Jersey. The Alliance is preparing for
campaigns in Maine and Alaska to protect bear hunting from anti-hunting
attacks that promise to be on the 2004 ballot.

Disney Goes Overboard

PETA has modified a film poster from the Disney blockbuster Finding Nemo to
promote its anti-fishing campaign. Disney's cartoon fish, Nemo and Marlin,
appear on PETA's website and leaflets that read, "Fish are friends, not
food!"

Take Action! Sportsmen should flood The Walt Disney Company with contacts
telling it that allowing PETA use of its Finding Nemo characters is aiding
an organization that has spent tens of thousands of dollars paying legal
fees for convicted terrorists. Inform the company that PETA is also being
investigated for sending $1,500 to the Animal Liberation Front, an
underground group identified by the FBI as a domestic terrorist
organization. Contact Mr. Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney
Company, 500 S. Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA, 91521-9722. Phone (818)
560-1000. Fax (818) 560-1930.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

Outdoors Magazine
November 27th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Sir,
You make several ignorant assumptions not fitting of one who apparently
admires Einstein. Please brush up on the issues instead of attacking fellow
sportsmen's manhood. It will be more constructive for all of us.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

"dagrump" > wrote in message
> [...]
> ultra right to attack anybody who doesn't wholeheartedly and happily
> follow the jackbooted march of their idols and icons like Rush("they
> were prescription drugs-I just happened to purchase them from a drug
> pusher)Limbaugh, et.al.
>
> And trying to imply that Disney somehow coordinated a release date to
> have a negative impact on bear hunting season is just short of
> delusional.
>
> If you're so insecure in your world as to worry about a movie like
> Bambi, I see why you probably worship guns. Try worshipping God
> instead.
>
> P.S I own several guns, a bass boat, a 4wd pickup, and two other
> 4wd's. I'm not some sort of gun hating liberal. Just somebody who
> ain't gonna be lied to by either side.
>
> --
>
> "Try not to be a person of success but a person of value."

RichZ
November 27th, 2003, 02:56 PM
The suggestion that the release was planned to coincide with the opening of
hunting season in many parts of the country is a bit 'oliver stone-ish' for
me to swallow. Disney movie releases are timed like all major studio
releases -- to maximize box office earnings. But the effects on the
collective mindset of America's 3 to 10 year olds, of being constantly and
repeatedly bombarded with images of wildlife, fish and even common
household vermin as sentient beings and lovable, quirky characters, is both
real and very disturbing. To doubt the impact that Bambi and its ilk have
had on the children of this country vis-à-vis animal rights over the past
50 years or so illustrates either a degree of naiveté previously believed
limited to single celled organisms, or a near total absence of cognitive
function.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Outdoors Magazine
November 27th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Rich,
I agree with you. Whether the release was planned or not really makes little
difference in the big picture.

Happy Thanksgiving.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

"RichZ" > wrote in message

> The suggestion that the release was planned to coincide with the opening
of
> hunting season in many parts of the country is a bit 'oliver stone-ish'
for
> me to swallow. Disney movie releases are timed like all major studio
> releases -- to maximize box office earnings. But the effects on the
> collective mindset of America's 3 to 10 year olds, of being constantly
and
> repeatedly bombarded with images of wildlife, fish and even common
> household vermin as sentient beings and lovable, quirky characters, is
both
> real and very disturbing. To doubt the impact that Bambi and its ilk have
> had on the children of this country vis-à-vis animal rights over the past
> 50 years or so illustrates either a degree of naiveté previously believed
> limited to single celled organisms, or a near total absence of cognitive
> function.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Ken Fortenberry
November 27th, 2003, 07:26 PM
RichZ wrote:

> ... But the effects on the
> collective mindset of America's 3 to 10 year olds, of being constantly and
> repeatedly bombarded with images of wildlife, fish and even common
> household vermin as sentient beings and lovable, quirky characters, is both
> real and very disturbing.

Disturbing to whom ? Get a grip already, they're cartoons fer cryin'
out loud. You may think you see a boogie man behind the curtain, but
kids know about cartoons.

> To doubt the impact that Bambi and its ilk have
> had on the children of this country vis-à-vis animal rights over the past
> 50 years or so illustrates either a degree of naiveté previously believed
> limited to single celled organisms, or a near total absence of cognitive
> function.

If you think Disney cartoons are a danger to hunters and fishermen you
must think that kids are idiots. They are not. They will eventually
know all about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Bambi and the Mermaid
without the assistance of the chicken little fruitcakes who would gripe
about cartoons. If you want to do something good for hunters and
fishermen, forget Disney cartoons and get out there and help elect a
Democrat.

--
Ken Fortenberry

RGarri7470
November 28th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Anybody that has to resort to name calling and profanity to try to make their
point is not worth the time it takes to read their stuff.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Ken Fortenberry
November 28th, 2003, 04:17 PM

No idea ? Chuck, that pegs the needle on my bull**** meter.

> So does it leave an impression, yes it does. So find some soap and wash your
> hands after all that belligerent typing, sign up for a Psy. Class somewhere
> and perhaps some anger management courses. I certainly don't want you
> representing me on this issue!!

What issue ? The danger that Disney cartoons pose to hunting and fishing ?
That's a silly non-issue, and what's worse it casts those who rant about
it as ridiculous loons on a par with the PETA nutcases. Hunters and fishermen
do not need the "help" of raving fruitcakes who would get in a snit about
cartoons. It reflects poorly on the rest of us.

If the traditions of hunting and fishing which have been passed down from
fathers to sons for over 200 years in this country are so tenuous and
fragile that they can be threatened by cartoons then they cannot be saved.
Thankfully, that is not the case.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Chuck Coger
November 28th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Want to meet him Ken, I can certainly put you in touch with him if you would
like to verify the claim. Just say the word.

As for what Issue, I believe we were dicussing anti hunting and anti fishing
propoganada, which would make the issue pro vs anti hunting and fishing. I
would not want this guy talking to anyone and attempting to represent my
feelings on the topic.

Apparently it is an issue, otherwise we woulndn't be discussing this and our
privledge to hunt and fish would be being challenged across the country. I
also don't see anyone in here that I would classify as "ridiculous loons on
a par with the PETA nutcases". I haven't met anyone on the pro side of the
issueI would put in that catagory.

---
Chuck Coger

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> Chuck Coger wrote:
> >
> > .. I have a 28 year old neighbor that saw his first
> > cow LAST YEAR!!! He has no idea what a bear or deer is, so his only
guide is
> > what he saw on film!
>
> No idea ? Chuck, that pegs the needle on my bull**** meter.
>
> > So does it leave an impression, yes it does. So find some soap and wash
your
> > hands after all that belligerent typing, sign up for a Psy. Class
somewhere
> > and perhaps some anger management courses. I certainly don't want you
> > representing me on this issue!!
>
> What issue ? The danger that Disney cartoons pose to hunting and fishing ?
> That's a silly non-issue, and what's worse it casts those who rant about
> it as ridiculous loons on a par with the PETA nutcases. Hunters and
fishermen
> do not need the "help" of raving fruitcakes who would get in a snit about
> cartoons. It reflects poorly on the rest of us.
>
> If the traditions of hunting and fishing which have been passed down from
> fathers to sons for over 200 years in this country are so tenuous and
> fragile that they can be threatened by cartoons then they cannot be saved.
> Thankfully, that is not the case.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry
November 28th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Chuck Coger wrote:

> Want to meet him Ken, I can certainly put you in touch with him if you would
> like to verify the claim. Just say the word.

It's one thing to have never seen a deer or a bear, it's another entirely
to not know what one is. If he really doesn't even know what a deer or a
bear is either he is mentally retarded or you've overstated your case.

> As for what Issue, I believe we were dicussing anti hunting and anti fishing
> propoganada, which would make the issue pro vs anti hunting and fishing. ...

Nope, I just checked the Subject: header again to be sure, we were
discussing Disney cartoons.
> also don't see anyone in here that I would classify as "ridiculous loons on
> a par with the PETA nutcases". I haven't met anyone on the pro side of the
> issueI would put in that catagory. ...

Well then, please allow me to introduce James Ehlers of Outdoors Magazine,
if you don't know him, he's the guy that started this thread.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Chuck Coger
November 28th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Ok I guess I have to spell it out for you, since you didn't catch the his
only experience is what he has seen on film part. He has never seen a deer
or bear in real life, therefore he can only manifest opinions based on what
he has seen on TV, regardless of what that is. His experiences are limited
to that of what he hears and sees because he has never experienced it
himself. I wouldn't presume to know how much of an impact it has on a person
like that, except to say he is an environmentalist that has never set foot
in a forest. I watched the movies as a kid and the impact was low because to
survive we had to hunt deer, and everyone in the house needed to get one. We
also fished like crazy and kept everything we caught back then because it
was food.

So my experiences of the world have left me an avid hunter and fisherman,
things I was taught and learned as a child. So your stance is still that you
can teach your kids to hunt and fish as a child and it will take root and
grow. However if a child's experiences are to the anti side of the issue, it
will not affect their bias on the issue, regardless of the format? It can't
work one way for one side and another way for the other side.

Just think, all of those commercials on TV and the sponsorships companies
give to individuals are all a big waste of money since TV, Commercials and
ads have no affect in influencing people to buy products or support an
issue. Think of all the money the politicians will save with this new
information knowing that people are not influenced to vote for them by what
they see on TV and other ads.

All James did was report the news and make a few comments, that is hardly
the acts of a "ridiculous loon".

---
Chuck Coger

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> Chuck Coger wrote:
>
> > Want to meet him Ken, I can certainly put you in touch with him if you
would
> > like to verify the claim. Just say the word.
>
> It's one thing to have never seen a deer or a bear, it's another entirely
> to not know what one is. If he really doesn't even know what a deer or a
> bear is either he is mentally retarded or you've overstated your case.
>
> > As for what Issue, I believe we were dicussing anti hunting and anti
fishing
> > propoganada, which would make the issue pro vs anti hunting and fishing.
>
> Nope, I just checked the Subject: header again to be sure, we were
> discussing Disney cartoons.
> > also don't see anyone in here that I would classify as "ridiculous loons
on
> > a par with the PETA nutcases". I haven't met anyone on the pro side of
the
> > issueI would put in that catagory. ...
>
> Well then, please allow me to introduce James Ehlers of Outdoors Magazine,
> if you don't know him, he's the guy that started this thread.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

J Buck
November 28th, 2003, 08:03 PM
if everyone just ignores this 'dagrump' idiot, he'll go away

Ken Fortenberry
November 28th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Chuck Coger wrote:

> Ok I guess I have to spell it out for you, ...

Here's something you might find interesting listening;

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/segment.php?wfId=1524660

(Apologies to the WebTV guy in advance, until a couple of days
ago I didn't know that nonsense still existed.)

--
Ken Fortenberry

RGarri7470
November 28th, 2003, 10:58 PM
>From: dagrump

Thanks for proving my point - this is the last time I will read one of your
post or respond to you.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Fritz Nordengren
November 28th, 2003, 11:39 PM
James, I wonder if you've asked Disney about the PETA poster? Is this,
indeed, a licensed trademark/copyright agreement between Disney and PETA
-- or is PETA doing what they typically do, pushing the law to the limit
by stealing Disney property to enlist them in their cause.

All the web research I've done shows that PETA thinks its a good idea --
but I can't find a legitimate Disney source who says they agreed to
license the characters. I'll write Eisner when you can show me that
Disney did, indeed, license this deal.

Outdoors Magazine wrote:

> Disney Goes Overboard
>
> PETA has modified a film poster from the Disney blockbuster Finding Nemo to
> promote its anti-fishing campaign. Disney's cartoon fish, Nemo and Marlin,
> appear on PETA's website and leaflets that read, "Fish are friends, not
> food!"

RichZ
November 29th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Joe wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:56:00 EST, RichZ > wrote:
>
> >Boy, I'd sure like to know where the hell you grew up at. I'm 52 years
> old and if you're trying to tell me that Bambi or any other movie had

??? I didn't write that drivel! That Fortenberry moron did.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Ken Fortenberry
November 29th, 2003, 02:14 AM
RichZ wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:56:00 EST, RichZ > wrote:
>>

>>>Boy, I'd sure like to know where the hell you grew up at. I'm 52 years
>>
>>old and if you're trying to tell me that Bambi or any other movie had
>>

> ??? I didn't write that drivel! That Fortenberry moron did.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

You have misattributed a post by "dagrump" to Joe and then
you have somehow managed to misattribute the exact same post
to me.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Gone Angling
November 29th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Not intending to get into the fray. I think he still called you a moron. The
way it was written it seems he had that opinion before he accused you writing
drivel. Is drivel something like drool?

Gone Angling
November 29th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Every time there is a little bit of swearing is it necessary to use the family
group card. In all truth the lads ive meet when fishing swear alot. The F word
is used all the time. If there is a little bit of swearing i think you should
let it pass.

J Buck
November 29th, 2003, 03:24 AM
<Every time there is a little bit of swearing is it necessary to use the
family group card>

Yes; try reading the rofb F.A.Q.! And as far as your statement about
language used while fishing, I for one, at least try to keep it clean
when there are youngsters around...and you never know when they could be
accessing this newsgroup.

Gone Angling
November 29th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I don't condone swearing under those circumstances. My comment was i thought it
would be better to let it pass or burn itself out.

Outdoors Magazine
November 29th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Yes, feel free to mail me directly. Mr. Fortenberry does not know me
either. I am just an easy target because I am publicly involved in the
issues, while he hides he newsgroups slinging childish insults at those he
has never taken the time to engage in a meaningful dialogue.

Apparently, he read an article about me and others that Ted Williams wrote
defending the illegitimate use of public money to subsidize a land grab by
the billion dollar corporation The Nature Conservancy. Then Governor Howard
Dean lied to the Vermont citizens, but he wanted the environmental
endorsement for his run for the presidency. It is in writing. He needed to
make up for all the water quality disasters he presided over while governor.
Mr. Williams does not like me and so I guess Mr. Fortenberry being too lazy
or self absorbed to engage me directly has digested the smear. The same Ted
Williams that promotes poisoning streams to benefit of a particular species
for which he likes to fish. The same Ted Williams that gets paid by
Audubon, which has been a nemesis to hunting and fishing community here in
Vermont.

I do not know how much time I would spend on Mr. Fortenberry. I quick
search on him will reveal a littany of abusive notes he pens when someone
disagrees with him.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> Chuck Coger wrote:
>
> > Want to meet him Ken, I can certainly put you in touch with him if you
would
> > like to verify the claim. Just say the word.
>
> It's one thing to have never seen a deer or a bear, it's another entirely
> to not know what one is. If he really doesn't even know what a deer or a
> bear is either he is mentally retarded or you've overstated your case.
>
> > As for what Issue, I believe we were dicussing anti hunting and anti
fishing
> > propoganada, which would make the issue pro vs anti hunting and fishing.
>
> Nope, I just checked the Subject: header again to be sure, we were
> discussing Disney cartoons.
> > also don't see anyone in here that I would classify as "ridiculous loons
on
> > a par with the PETA nutcases". I haven't met anyone on the pro side of
the
> > issueI would put in that catagory. ...
>
> Well then, please allow me to introduce James Ehlers of Outdoors Magazine,
> if you don't know him, he's the guy that started this thread.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Outdoors Magazine
November 29th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Mr. Nordengren,
They will not respond, but nor is this a trademark or copyright suit filed
against PETA by Disney, which is the standard when someone uses your images
without consent.

Let me know if you find anything out.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net
"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> James, I wonder if you've asked Disney about the PETA poster? Is this,
> indeed, a licensed trademark/copyright agreement between Disney and PETA
> -- or is PETA doing what they typically do, pushing the law to the limit
> by stealing Disney property to enlist them in their cause.
>
> All the web research I've done shows that PETA thinks its a good idea --
> but I can't find a legitimate Disney source who says they agreed to
> license the characters. I'll write Eisner when you can show me that
> Disney did, indeed, license this deal.
>
> Outdoors Magazine wrote:
>

> > Disney Goes Overboard
> >
> > PETA has modified a film poster from the Disney blockbuster Finding Nemo
> > promote its anti-fishing campaign. Disney's cartoon fish, Nemo and
Marlin,
> > appear on PETA's website and leaflets that read, "Fish are friends, not
> > food!"

AJH
November 29th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Anyone remember bass fishing? This Disney garbage is getting old..

I fish therefore I lie

Outdoors Magazine
November 29th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Feel free to look me up if you ever head to Champlain.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Anyone remember bass fishing? This Disney garbage is getting old..
>

> I fish therefore I lie

Ken Fortenberry
November 29th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Outdoors Magazine wrote:

> Yes, feel free to mail me directly. Mr. Fortenberry does not know me
> either. I am just an easy target because I am publicly involved in the
> issues, while he hides he newsgroups slinging childish insults at those he
> has never taken the time to engage in a meaningful dialogue.
>
> Apparently, he read an article about me and others that Ted Williams wrote
> defending the illegitimate use of public money to subsidize a land grab by
> the billion dollar corporation The Nature Conservancy. Then Governor Howard
> Dean lied to the Vermont citizens, but he wanted the environmental
> endorsement for his run for the presidency. It is in writing. He needed to
> make up for all the water quality disasters he presided over while governor.
> Mr. Williams does not like me and so I guess Mr. Fortenberry being too lazy
> or self absorbed to engage me directly has digested the smear. The same Ted
> Williams that promotes poisoning streams to benefit of a particular species
> for which he likes to fish. The same Ted Williams that gets paid by
> Audubon, which has been a nemesis to hunting and fishing community here in
> Vermont.
>
> I do not know how much time I would spend on Mr. Fortenberry. I quick
> search on him will reveal a littany of abusive notes he pens when someone
> disagrees with him.

It is ultimately futile, but sometimes entertaining, to humor
lunatics like James Ehlers with a smidgeon of disdainful
dialogue. James Ehlers has been laughed out of other outdoor
forums and newsgroups for his nitwit notions and fruitcake
legislative "agenda", but he will doubtless learn nothing from
it. He is a raving loon and a "true believer", which in itself
would be of no concern except that he is an embarrassment and
an impediment to rational persons who wish to give voice to
the concerns of hunters and fishermen. With "friends" like
James Ehlers hunters and fishermen don't need enemies.

I suppose the readers of ROFB are too polite to laugh in his
virtual face, a perfectly rational response, but I'd bet that
I could count the number of folks from here who have actually
written a letter to Michael Eisner on my fingers and toes and
not even have to take my socks off. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

AJH
November 29th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Please, who wants to see this trash? you boys have beat this dog to
death..

I fish therefore I lie

Ken Fortenberry
November 29th, 2003, 08:49 PM
AJH wrote:

> Please, who wants to see this trash? you boys have beat this dog to
> death..

Would you please quit all this griping ? Who wants to read
your whiny complaints anyway ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 29th, 2003, 09:26 PM
HERE HERE ! ! !
==================================
"AJH" > wrote in message ...
Anyone remember bass fishing? This Disney garbage is getting old..

I fish therefore I lie

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
November 29th, 2003, 09:29 PM
HERE HERE (again)
"AJH" > wrote in message ...
Please, who wants to see this trash? you boys have beat this dog to
death..

I fish therefore I lie

go-bassn
November 29th, 2003, 10:13 PM
James, I fished Champlain in mid-September & it was among the greatest
experiences of my fishing life. What a lake!

Warren

"Outdoors Magazine" > wrote in message
> Feel free to look me up if you ever head to Champlain.
>
> --
> James Ehlers
>
> Outdoors Magazine
> www.outdoorsmagazine.net
>

> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Anyone remember bass fishing? This Disney garbage is getting old..
> >

> > I fish therefore I lie

go-bassn
November 29th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Hey Ron - did you get the package I sent you?

Warren

"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> >From: dagrump
>
> Thanks for proving my point - this is the last time I will read one of
your
> post or respond to you.
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

go-bassn
November 29th, 2003, 10:17 PM
What's your point? The whole lot of us thinks you are a moron.

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Not intending to get into the fray. I think he still called you a moron.
The
> way it was written it seems he had that opinion before he accused you
writing
> drivel. Is drivel something like drool?

AJH
November 30th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Fortenberry, have you been a rectal passage all your life?

I fish therefore I lie

Ken Fortenberry
November 30th, 2003, 02:04 AM
AJH wrote:

> Fortenberry, have you been a rectal passage all your life?

Try to see the humor in nested gripes. That is, you griping
about off-topic posts is itself off-topic, right ? So my
off-topic gripe about your off-topic gripe about my off-topic
gripe is a nested gripe in three part harmony.

It'll never end. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

J Buck
November 30th, 2003, 02:12 AM
<What's your point? The whole lot of us thinks you are a moron>

<<"Gone Angling" wrote Not intending to get into the fray. I think he
still called you a moron. The way it was written it seems he had that
opinion before he accused you writing drivel. Is drivel something like
drool?>>

The WHOLE lot of us? He's at least entertaining to read LoL

Outdoors Magazine
November 30th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Mr. Fortenberry,
Please tell me what my legislative agenda is and elaborate on my "nit wit"
notions.

Thanks in advance.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> Outdoors Magazine wrote:
>
> > Yes, feel free to mail me directly. Mr. Fortenberry does not know me
> > either. I am just an easy target because I am publicly involved in the
> > issues, while he hides he newsgroups slinging childish insults at those
he
> > has never taken the time to engage in a meaningful dialogue.
> >
> > Apparently, he read an article about me and others that Ted Williams
wrote
> > defending the illegitimate use of public money to subsidize a land grab
by
> > the billion dollar corporation The Nature Conservancy. Then Governor
Howard
> > Dean lied to the Vermont citizens, but he wanted the environmental
> > endorsement for his run for the presidency. It is in writing. He
needed to
> > make up for all the water quality disasters he presided over while
governor.
> > Mr. Williams does not like me and so I guess Mr. Fortenberry being too
lazy
> > or self absorbed to engage me directly has digested the smear. The same
Ted
> > Williams that promotes poisoning streams to benefit of a particular
species
> > for which he likes to fish. The same Ted Williams that gets paid by
> > Audubon, which has been a nemesis to hunting and fishing community here
in
> > Vermont.
> >
> > I do not know how much time I would spend on Mr. Fortenberry. I quick
> > search on him will reveal a littany of abusive notes he pens when
someone
> > disagrees with him.
>
> It is ultimately futile, but sometimes entertaining, to humor
> lunatics like James Ehlers with a smidgeon of disdainful
> dialogue. James Ehlers has been laughed out of other outdoor
> forums and newsgroups for his nitwit notions and fruitcake
> legislative "agenda", but he will doubtless learn nothing from
> it. He is a raving loon and a "true believer", which in itself
> would be of no concern except that he is an embarrassment and
> an impediment to rational persons who wish to give voice to
> the concerns of hunters and fishermen. With "friends" like
> James Ehlers hunters and fishermen don't need enemies.
>
> I suppose the readers of ROFB are too polite to laugh in his
> virtual face, a perfectly rational response, but I'd bet that
> I could count the number of folks from here who have actually
> written a letter to Michael Eisner on my fingers and toes and
> not even have to take my socks off. ;-)
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

RGarri7470
November 30th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Warren - yes, thanks. I sent you an email when it arrived but I am having
major problems with email, both sending and receiving. I did get the prop and
cable, and they are in my boat ready to use.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

go-bassn
December 1st, 2003, 05:09 AM
Great Ron, enjoy.

WW

"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> Warren - yes, thanks. I sent you an email when it arrived but I am having
> major problems with email, both sending and receiving. I did get the prop
and
> cable, and they are in my boat ready to use.
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
December 1st, 2003, 11:52 PM
Warren - I think I saw you mention your Stratos is for sale. What are you
asking for it? Hope you have better luck than I have had.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com