PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Fishing

Cox Newgroups
September 4th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Any recommendations for lures/bait this labor day. I'm not an expert on
bass yet and just don't know what they are hitting on here in AZ. Waters a
tad murky at the lakes, and the temp is about 90-100. I went out today and
used just about everything I had. Spinnerbaits, Top Waters, Spoons. I even
used Salmon Eggs (Caught a small bluegill and bass on them.)

I read that bass are moving to the more shallow waters. Is this true?

I'm just trying to get some knowledge before I go back out. Hope you can
give me some advice.

Chris

Bob La Londe
September 5th, 2004, 01:25 AM
What area / lakes?

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> Any recommendations for lures/bait this labor day. I'm not an expert on
> bass yet and just don't know what they are hitting on here in AZ. Waters
> tad murky at the lakes, and the temp is about 90-100. I went out today
and
> used just about everything I had. Spinnerbaits, Top Waters, Spoons. I
even
> used Salmon Eggs (Caught a small bluegill and bass on them.)
>
> I read that bass are moving to the more shallow waters. Is this true?
>
> I'm just trying to get some knowledge before I go back out. Hope you can
> give me some advice.
>
> Chris

Bob La Londe
September 5th, 2004, 01:25 AM
What area / lakes?

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

"Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> Any recommendations for lures/bait this labor day. I'm not an expert on
> bass yet and just don't know what they are hitting on here in AZ. Waters
> tad murky at the lakes, and the temp is about 90-100. I went out today
and
> used just about everything I had. Spinnerbaits, Top Waters, Spoons. I
even
> used Salmon Eggs (Caught a small bluegill and bass on them.)
>
> I read that bass are moving to the more shallow waters. Is this true?
>
> I'm just trying to get some knowledge before I go back out. Hope you can
> give me some advice.
>
> Chris

Cox Newgroups
September 5th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Im primarily focusing on Canyon lake... Is it any good? are there better
ones? Nice website!

Bob La Londe
September 5th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Canyon, I am not super familiar with. Check the forums at www.azod.com

Try some Westy Worms prerigged and weighted in black and yellow horizontal
bands. Seems I recall that lake made Westy Worms what they are today.
(Heck I recall all kinds of things though. Some of them even actually
happened. LOL)

I fish the western side of the state. Mostly the Colorado River system
above Imperial Reservoir. Also sometimes on the Az /Mexico border above
Morelos Dam.

Thank you about the site. Register and post your progress when you get
Canyon figured out. I personally like the look of Roosevelt in that area,
but Canyon has definitely produced some big bass.
--

> Im primarily focusing on Canyon lake... Is it any good? are there better
> ones? Nice website!
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > What area / lakes?
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > > Any recommendations for lures/bait this labor day. I'm not an expert
on
> > > bass yet and just don't know what they are hitting on here in AZ.
> Waters
> > > tad murky at the lakes, and the temp is about 90-100. I went out
today
> > and
> > > used just about everything I had. Spinnerbaits, Top Waters, Spoons. I
> > even
> > > used Salmon Eggs (Caught a small bluegill and bass on them.)
> > >
> > > I read that bass are moving to the more shallow waters. Is this true?
> > >
> > > I'm just trying to get some knowledge before I go back out. Hope you
> can
> > > give me some advice.
> > >
> > > Chris

Bob La Londe
September 5th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Canyon, I am not super familiar with. Check the forums at www.azod.com

Try some Westy Worms prerigged and weighted in black and yellow horizontal
bands. Seems I recall that lake made Westy Worms what they are today.
(Heck I recall all kinds of things though. Some of them even actually
happened. LOL)

I fish the western side of the state. Mostly the Colorado River system
above Imperial Reservoir. Also sometimes on the Az /Mexico border above
Morelos Dam.

Thank you about the site. Register and post your progress when you get
Canyon figured out. I personally like the look of Roosevelt in that area,
but Canyon has definitely produced some big bass.
--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

"Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> Im primarily focusing on Canyon lake... Is it any good? are there better
> ones? Nice website!
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > What area / lakes?
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > > Any recommendations for lures/bait this labor day. I'm not an expert
on
> > > bass yet and just don't know what they are hitting on here in AZ.
> Waters
> > > tad murky at the lakes, and the temp is about 90-100. I went out
today
> > and
> > > used just about everything I had. Spinnerbaits, Top Waters, Spoons. I
> > even
> > > used Salmon Eggs (Caught a small bluegill and bass on them.)
> > >
> > > I read that bass are moving to the more shallow waters. Is this true?
> > >
> > > I'm just trying to get some knowledge before I go back out. Hope you
> can
> > > give me some advice.
> > >
> > > Chris

Cox Newgroups
September 5th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Wow, thanks for your help... I'll give the Westy Worms a try. Good to see
another Arizonian on here =D

Chris

> [...]

> bands. Seems I recall that lake made Westy Worms what they are today.
> (Heck I recall all kinds of things though. Some of them even actually
> happened. LOL)
>
> I fish the western side of the state. Mostly the Colorado River system
> above Imperial Reservoir. Also sometimes on the Az /Mexico border above
> Morelos Dam.
>
> Thank you about the site. Register and post your progress when you get
> Canyon figured out. I personally like the look of Roosevelt in that area,
> but Canyon has definitely produced some big bass.
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > Im primarily focusing on Canyon lake... Is it any good? are there

Bob La Londe
September 8th, 2004, 11:46 PM
You get out and catch some big ones yet?

Bob

> [...]

> > bands. Seems I recall that lake made Westy Worms what they are today.
> > (Heck I recall all kinds of things though. Some of them even actually
> > happened. LOL)
> >
> > I fish the western side of the state. Mostly the Colorado River system
> > above Imperial Reservoir. Also sometimes on the Az /Mexico border above
> > Morelos Dam.
> >
> > Thank you about the site. Register and post your progress when you get
> > Canyon figured out. I personally like the look of Roosevelt in that
area,
> > but Canyon has definitely produced some big bass.
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > > Im primarily focusing on Canyon lake... Is it any good? are there

Cox Newgroups
September 9th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Bah! Hehehe I got out, but caught nothing... Only got a couple nibbles on a
weightless worm rig. I will be going out again on Saturday to give it
another shot. Monday morning at about 6am they were rising near the shore.
Canyon Lake is only 30 min from my house. Very convenient. I have been
told that Canyon is a little harder to catch bass out of. I don't know how
true it is, but with the luck I'm having, I believe it. Although, I am
learning a lot about the different rigs and presentation. Lemme know how you
are fareing up there...

-Chris

> [...]

> > > Canyon, I am not super familiar with. Check the forums at www.azod.com
> > >
> > > Try some Westy Worms prerigged and weighted in black and yellow
> horizontal
> > > bands. Seems I recall that lake made Westy Worms what they are today.
> > > (Heck I recall all kinds of things though. Some of them even actually
> > > happened. LOL)
> > >
> > > I fish the western side of the state. Mostly the Colorado River
system
> > > above Imperial Reservoir. Also sometimes on the Az /Mexico border
above
> > > Morelos Dam.
> > >
> > > Thank you about the site. Register and post your progress when you
get
> > > Canyon figured out. I personally like the look of Roosevelt in that
> area,
> > > but Canyon has definitely produced some big bass.

Bob La Londe
September 9th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I have been catching some fish everytime out. The biggest I have caught in
a while is about 3 lbs, but even monday after having waterskiers, wake
boarders, and jet skiers tearing up the river all weekend I still caught a
couple dozen small fish and maybe 5 or 6 keepers.

--

> [...]

> weightless worm rig. I will be going out again on Saturday to give it
> another shot. Monday morning at about 6am they were rising near the
shore.
> Canyon Lake is only 30 min from my house. Very convenient. I have been
> told that Canyon is a little harder to catch bass out of. I don't know
how
> true it is, but with the luck I'm having, I believe it. Although, I am
> learning a lot about the different rigs and presentation. Lemme know how
you
> are fareing up there...
>
> -Chris
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > You get out and catch some big ones yet?
> >
> > Bob
> > www.yumabassman.com
> >

> > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > > Wow, thanks for your help... I'll give the Westy Worms a try. Good to

Cox Newgroups
September 9th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Ha, maybe it's not luck then. Maybe it's skill and I have none!!! But I
will perservere... One day maybe I'll learn the secret! Good luck as
always!

-Chris

> [...]

> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > Bah! Hehehe I got out, but caught nothing... Only got a couple nibbles
on
> > weightless worm rig. I will be going out again on Saturday to give it
> > another shot. Monday morning at about 6am they were rising near the
> shore.
> > Canyon Lake is only 30 min from my house. Very convenient. I have been
> > told that Canyon is a little harder to catch bass out of. I don't know
> how
> > true it is, but with the luck I'm having, I believe it. Although, I am
> > learning a lot about the different rigs and presentation. Lemme know how
> you
> > are fareing up there...
> >
> > -Chris
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > You get out and catch some big ones yet?

Bob La Londe
September 9th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I think fishing is one of those thigns that you have to do to be able to do.
Sounds silly, but every technique I ever tried skunked out at first. Then
when I caught a fish or two I could catch fish with that technique more
consistantly ever after, and I started to recognize conditions wher it
worked for me.

For a faster way to get up to speed there are a couple things you can do.
Hire a guide a few times. The other is to join a fishing club that does
randowm draw boat/noboat tournaments and fish a season or two as a
non-boater.

--

> Ha, maybe it's not luck then. Maybe it's skill and I have none!!! But I
> will perservere... One day maybe I'll learn the secret! Good luck as
> always!
>
> -Chris
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > I have been catching some fish everytime out. The biggest I have caught
> in
> > a while is about 3 lbs, but even monday after having waterskiers, wake
> > boarders, and jet skiers tearing up the river all weekend I still caught
> > couple dozen small fish and maybe 5 or 6 keepers.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > > Bah! Hehehe I got out, but caught nothing... Only got a couple nibbles
> on
> > > weightless worm rig. I will be going out again on Saturday to give it
> > > another shot. Monday morning at about 6am they were rising near the
> > shore.
> > > Canyon Lake is only 30 min from my house. Very convenient. I have
been
> > > told that Canyon is a little harder to catch bass out of. I don't
know
> > how
> > > true it is, but with the luck I'm having, I believe it. Although, I
am
> > > learning a lot about the different rigs and presentation. Lemme know
how
> > you
> > > are fareing up there...
> > >
> > > -Chris

Good
> > > see

> > www.azod.com

> > today.
> > actually

> > > system
> > > above

> you
> > > get
> that

> there

> an
> in
> > > AZ.
> > > out
Waters,

Is
> > this

> > > Hope

Skunked
September 10th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Well I'm going out to Canyon Lake tomorrow morning. Pretty excited. Wish
me skill!

Chris

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I think fishing is one of those thigns that you have to do to be able to
do.
> Sounds silly, but every technique I ever tried skunked out at first. Then
> when I caught a fish or two I could catch fish with that technique more
> consistantly ever after, and I started to recognize conditions wher it
> worked for me.
>
> For a faster way to get up to speed there are a couple things you can do.
> Hire a guide a few times. The other is to join a fishing club that does
> randowm draw boat/noboat tournaments and fish a season or two as a
> non-boater.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > Ha, maybe it's not luck then. Maybe it's skill and I have none!!! But
> > will perservere... One day maybe I'll learn the secret! Good luck as
> > always!
> >
> > -Chris
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > I have been catching some fish everytime out. The biggest I have
caught
> > in
> > > a while is about 3 lbs, but even monday after having waterskiers, wake
> > > boarders, and jet skiers tearing up the river all weekend I still
caught
> > > couple dozen small fish and maybe 5 or 6 keepers.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > > ** Weekly drawing
> > > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> > >

> > > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > on
> > > shore.
> been
> know
> > > how
> am
> how
> > > you

> Good

> > > www.azod.com

> > > today.
> > > actually

River
> border

> > you
> > that

> > there

> not
> > an
> > in
> wen
> Waters,
> them.)

> Is
> > > this

> out.

Bob La Londe
September 11th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I'm going to fish a Desert Bass tourney tommorrow. Wish me luck. LOL.

--

"Skunked" > wrote in message
> Well I'm going out to Canyon Lake tomorrow morning. Pretty excited. Wish
> me skill!
>
> Chris
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > I think fishing is one of those thigns that you have to do to be able to
> do.
> > Sounds silly, but every technique I ever tried skunked out at first.
Then
> > when I caught a fish or two I could catch fish with that technique more
> > consistantly ever after, and I started to recognize conditions wher it
> > worked for me.
> >
> > For a faster way to get up to speed there are a couple things you can
do.
> > Hire a guide a few times. The other is to join a fishing club that does
> > randowm draw boat/noboat tournaments and fish a season or two as a
> > non-boater.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> > > Ha, maybe it's not luck then. Maybe it's skill and I have none!!!
But
> > > will perservere... One day maybe I'll learn the secret! Good luck as
> > > always!
> > >
> > > -Chris

> caught
> > > in
> caught

> nibbles
> > > on
> it
> > been
> > know
> > am
> > how

> > Good

> yellow
> are

> River
> > border

> when
> > > you
> in
> > > that

are
> > > there

I'm
> > not
> > > an
> here
> > > in
> > wen
> > Waters,
> > them.)

> > Is

> > out.

Fishing Arizona
September 11th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Well, got back about an hour ago. Caught 2 decent size Largemouths!!!!!
Used a dark purple plastic worm with no weight. I hooked up a third but it
spit the hook... I wish I had a scale with me to weigh them I would guess
that they were both over 2 lbs... What a blast!

Good luck in the tourney!

Chris

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I'm going to fish a Desert Bass tourney tommorrow. Wish me luck. LOL.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Skunked" > wrote in message
> > Well I'm going out to Canyon Lake tomorrow morning. Pretty excited.
Wish
> > me skill!
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > I think fishing is one of those thigns that you have to do to be able
> > do.
> > > Sounds silly, but every technique I ever tried skunked out at first.
> Then
> > > when I caught a fish or two I could catch fish with that technique
more
> > > consistantly ever after, and I started to recognize conditions wher it
> > > worked for me.
> > >
> > > For a faster way to get up to speed there are a couple things you can
> do.
> > > Hire a guide a few times. The other is to join a fishing club that
does
> > > randowm draw boat/noboat tournaments and fish a season or two as a
> > > non-boater.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > > ** Weekly drawing
> > > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> > >

> > > "Cox Newgroups" > wrote in message
> But

> > caught
> wake
> > caught

> > nibbles
> give
> > it
> the
> have
> > > been
> > > know
Although,
> > > am
> know
> > > how

> > > Good

> > yellow
> > are
> even

> > River
> > > border

> > when
Roosevelt
> > in

> are

message

> [...]

Wish
> > me skill!
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > I think fishing is one of those thigns that you have to do to be able
> > do.
> > > Sounds silly, but every technique I ever tried skunked out at first.
> Then
> > > when I caught a fish or two I could catch fish with that technique
more
> > > consistantly ever after, and I started to recognize conditions wher it
> > > worked for me.
> > >
> > > For a faster way to get up to speed there are a couple things you can
> do.
> > > Hire a guide a few times. The other is to join a fishing club that
does
> > > randowm draw boat/noboat tournaments and fish a season or two as a

message