PDA

View Full Version : worm proof plastic- what is it?

Mark
September 5th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Hi all,

What is different about plastic to make it worm-proof?

Are any of the zip-lock type bags from the grocery store worm-proof?

Thanks in advance.

Marty
September 5th, 2004, 06:23 AM
"Mark" > wrote in message
> What is different about plastic to make it worm-proof?
>
> Are any of the zip-lock type bags from the grocery store worm-proof?

Yes, I use the freezer bags.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but within the context of
your message, it seems like you are asking about plastic bags, whereas
worm-proof is a property that is generally talked about in reference to hard
plastic, like conventional tackle boxes or utility boxes.

Hope this helps.

Marty
September 5th, 2004, 06:23 AM
"Mark" > wrote in message
> What is different about plastic to make it worm-proof?
>
> Are any of the zip-lock type bags from the grocery store worm-proof?

Yes, I use the freezer bags.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but within the context of
your message, it seems like you are asking about plastic bags, whereas
worm-proof is a property that is generally talked about in reference to hard
plastic, like conventional tackle boxes or utility boxes.

Hope this helps.

Daniel-San
September 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM
"Mark" wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> What is different about plastic to make it worm-proof?

My dad is a plastics engineer, so I asked him. Seems many worms are made
with a certain "plastisol" (some kind of very low density plasticizer --
makes 'em wiggly), and this plastisol reacts poorly with styrene and some
higher density polyethylene plastics. If you put the worms directly in a
non-worm-proof container, the worms will melt the conatiner.

I just keep my plastics in the little baggie they came in, and then in a
binder to keep them together.

-Dan

Daniel-San
September 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM