PDA

View Full Version : Reel Bearings 4 NWC

Thundercat
September 5th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Does anyone attending this year's NWC have any 3x10x4mm ABEC-7
bearings sitting around that I could purchase from them? I only need 1
for myself, well, one pair - I would want to swap both out at the same
time. I believe Mr. Alwaysfishking could also use a pair but I am not
positive. Randy, want to chime in? I think he has his eyes on the
ceramics though. I will be bringing my tools to do some very minor
maintenance and cleaning of Scorpions, Metaniums, Quickfires, etc.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwaysfishking
September 5th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I could use a set too ceramic or not

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> Does anyone attending this year's NWC have any 3x10x4mm ABEC-7
> bearings sitting around that I could purchase from them? I only need 1
> for myself, well, one pair - I would want to swap both out at the same
> time. I believe Mr. Alwaysfishking could also use a pair but I am not
> positive. Randy, want to chime in? I think he has his eyes on the
> ceramics though. I will be bringing my tools to do some very minor
> maintenance and cleaning of Scorpions, Metaniums, Quickfires, etc.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwaysfishking
September 5th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I could use a set too ceramic or not

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> Does anyone attending this year's NWC have any 3x10x4mm ABEC-7
> bearings sitting around that I could purchase from them? I only need 1
> for myself, well, one pair - I would want to swap both out at the same
> time. I believe Mr. Alwaysfishking could also use a pair but I am not
> positive. Randy, want to chime in? I think he has his eyes on the
> ceramics though. I will be bringing my tools to do some very minor
> maintenance and cleaning of Scorpions, Metaniums, Quickfires, etc.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwaysfishking
September 5th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I could use a set too ceramic or not

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> Does anyone attending this year's NWC have any 3x10x4mm ABEC-7
> bearings sitting around that I could purchase from them? I only need 1
> for myself, well, one pair - I would want to swap both out at the same
> time. I believe Mr. Alwaysfishking could also use a pair but I am not
> positive. Randy, want to chime in? I think he has his eyes on the
> ceramics though. I will be bringing my tools to do some very minor
> maintenance and cleaning of Scorpions, Metaniums, Quickfires, etc.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 5th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Call this guy that Joe told us all about, and have him ship you all you need
to Steve's house. I've talked to Don before and I can't wait to send him my
Curados this winter.
Don Beck
Fisherman' Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> Does anyone attending this year's NWC have any 3x10x4mm ABEC-7
> bearings sitting around that I could purchase from them? I only need 1
> for myself, well, one pair - I would want to swap both out at the same
> time. I believe Mr. Alwaysfishking could also use a pair but I am not
> positive. Randy, want to chime in? I think he has his eyes on the
> ceramics though. I will be bringing my tools to do some very minor
> maintenance and cleaning of Scorpions, Metaniums, Quickfires, etc.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 5th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Call this guy that Joe told us all about, and have him ship you all you need
to Steve's house. I've talked to Don before and I can't wait to send him my
Curados this winter.
Don Beck
Fisherman' Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> Does anyone attending this year's NWC have any 3x10x4mm ABEC-7
> bearings sitting around that I could purchase from them? I only need 1
> for myself, well, one pair - I would want to swap both out at the same
> time. I believe Mr. Alwaysfishking could also use a pair but I am not
> positive. Randy, want to chime in? I think he has his eyes on the
> ceramics though. I will be bringing my tools to do some very minor
> maintenance and cleaning of Scorpions, Metaniums, Quickfires, etc.
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Thundercat
September 5th, 2004, 04:09 PM
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:13:39 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> wrote:

>I could use a set too ceramic or not

Just FYI, the standard ABEC-7's run about $16 a pair vs $35 - $40 a
pair for ceramics. The creamics will give you about a %5 increase in
performance over the ABEC-7's for a 100% increase in price. If I know
you like I think I do, we will be using ABEC-7's... :-)

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Thundercat
September 5th, 2004, 04:09 PM
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:13:39 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> wrote:

>I could use a set too ceramic or not

Just FYI, the standard ABEC-7's run about $16 a pair vs $35 - $40 a
pair for ceramics. The creamics will give you about a %5 increase in
performance over the ABEC-7's for a 100% increase in price. If I know
you like I think I do, we will be using ABEC-7's... :-)

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Fritz Nordengren
September 6th, 2004, 02:45 AM
I have no clue what you are saying -- but remind me to have you Curado
fans cast mine a few times. Help me decide if I should send it to the
curado doctor, or sell it. My curado is the worst performing reel in my
boat.......

Thundercat wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:13:39 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> > wrote:
>

>>I could use a set too ceramic or not
>

> Just FYI, the standard ABEC-7's run about $16 a pair vs $35 - $40 a
> pair for ceramics. The creamics will give you about a %5 increase in
> performance over the ABEC-7's for a 100% increase in price. If I know
> you like I think I do, we will be using ABEC-7's... :-)
>

> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 6th, 2004, 03:25 AM
<SNIP>
My curado is the worst performing reel in my
boat.......
-----
Something doesn't sound right, I've never heard that statement before from
anyone.

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I have no clue what you are saying -- but remind me to have you Curado
> fans cast mine a few times. Help me decide if I should send it to the
> curado doctor, or sell it. My curado is the worst performing reel in my
> boat.......
>
> Thundercat wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:13:39 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>I could use a set too ceramic or not
> >

> > Just FYI, the standard ABEC-7's run about $16 a pair vs $35 - $40 a
> > pair for ceramics. The creamics will give you about a %5 increase in
> > performance over the ABEC-7's for a 100% increase in price. If I know
> > you like I think I do, we will be using ABEC-7's... :-)
> >

> > Harry J aka Thundercat
> > Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> > http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> > Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 6th, 2004, 03:25 AM
<SNIP>
My curado is the worst performing reel in my
boat.......
-----
Something doesn't sound right, I've never heard that statement before from
anyone.

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> I have no clue what you are saying -- but remind me to have you Curado
> fans cast mine a few times. Help me decide if I should send it to the
> curado doctor, or sell it. My curado is the worst performing reel in my
> boat.......
>
> Thundercat wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:13:39 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>I could use a set too ceramic or not
> >

> > Just FYI, the standard ABEC-7's run about $16 a pair vs $35 - $40 a
> > pair for ceramics. The creamics will give you about a %5 increase in
> > performance over the ABEC-7's for a 100% increase in price. If I know
> > you like I think I do, we will be using ABEC-7's... :-)
> >

> > Harry J aka Thundercat
> > Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> > http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> > Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Fritz Nordengren
September 6th, 2004, 04:27 AM
If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is
hoarked.

Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:

> [...]

> Something doesn't sound right, I've never heard that statement before from
> anyone.
>
> "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
>
>>I have no clue what you are saying -- but remind me to have you Curado
>>fans cast mine a few times. Help me decide if I should send it to the
>>curado doctor, or sell it. My curado is the worst performing reel in my
>>boat.......
>>
>>Thundercat wrote:

>>>Just FYI, the standard ABEC-7's run about $16 a pair vs $35 - $40 a
>>>pair for ceramics. The creamics will give you about a %5 increase in
>>>performance over the ABEC-7's for a 100% increase in price. If I know
>>>you like I think I do, we will be using ABEC-7's... :-)
>>>

>>>Harry J aka Thundercat
>>>Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
>>>http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
>>>Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

September 6th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Harry and Randy would be the masters. I never seen anyone cast a
Curado/Scorpion as far as those two.

> If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
> you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is
> hoarked.
>
> Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
>
> > <SNIP>
> > My curado is the worst performing reel in my
> > boat.......
> > -----
> > Something doesn't sound right, I've never heard that statement before
from
> > anyone.
> >
> > "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> >
> >>I have no clue what you are saying -- but remind me to have you Curado
> >>fans cast mine a few times. Help me decide if I should send it to the
> >>curado doctor, or sell it. My curado is the worst performing reel in my
> >>boat.......

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 6th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Harry and Randy would be the masters. I never seen anyone cast a
Curado/Scorpion as far as those two.

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
> you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is
> hoarked.
>
> Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
>
> > <SNIP>
> > My curado is the worst performing reel in my
> > boat.......
> > -----
> > Something doesn't sound right, I've never heard that statement before
from
> > anyone.
> >
> > "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> >
> >>I have no clue what you are saying -- but remind me to have you Curado
> >>fans cast mine a few times. Help me decide if I should send it to the
> >>curado doctor, or sell it. My curado is the worst performing reel in my
> >>boat.......

Fritz Nordengren
September 6th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Took the Curado apart last night and discoved a nice divot in the drag
control shim....also discoverd there is only 1 -- not 2 as shown in the
schematics.

But, if you're in to hot rodding your Shimano reels, check out this article

http://www.ultimatebass.com/super_tuning.php

pretty good stuff if you're into that......now if someone whould write a
good how to on self cleaning with photos and post it to OF.....we might
have a winner.

> [...]

http://www.ultimatebass.com/super_tuning.php

pretty good stuff if you're into that......now if someone whould write a
good how to on self cleaning with photos and post it to OF.....we might
have a winner.

Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
> Harry and Randy would be the masters. I never seen anyone cast a
> Curado/Scorpion as far as those two.
>
> "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
>
>>If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
>>you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is
>>hoarked.
>>
>>Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
>>

>>><SNIP>
>>>My curado is the worst performing reel in my
>>>boat.......
>>>-----
>>>Something doesn't sound right, I've never heard that statement before

September 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I'll cast it for you but if you want someone to clean it, then Harry is the
man. He is like a surgeon when it comes to taking reels apart and cleaning
them
> Took the Curado apart last night and discoved a nice divot in the drag
> control shim....also discoverd there is only 1 -- not 2 as shown in the
> schematics.
>
> But, if you're in to hot rodding your Shimano reels, check out this
article

> http://www.ultimatebass.com/super_tuning.php
>

> pretty good stuff if you're into that......now if someone whould write a
> good how to on self cleaning with photos and post it to OF.....we might
> have a winner.
>

> Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
> > Harry and Randy would be the masters. I never seen anyone cast a
> > Curado/Scorpion as far as those two.
> >
> > "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> >
> >>If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
> >>you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is
> >>hoarked.

> > from

alwaysfishking
September 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I'll cast it for you but if you want someone to clean it, then Harry is the
man. He is like a surgeon when it comes to taking reels apart and cleaning
them
"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> Took the Curado apart last night and discoved a nice divot in the drag
> control shim....also discoverd there is only 1 -- not 2 as shown in the
> schematics.
>
> But, if you're in to hot rodding your Shimano reels, check out this
article

> http://www.ultimatebass.com/super_tuning.php
>

> pretty good stuff if you're into that......now if someone whould write a
> good how to on self cleaning with photos and post it to OF.....we might
> have a winner.
>

> Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
> > Harry and Randy would be the masters. I never seen anyone cast a
> > Curado/Scorpion as far as those two.
> >
> > "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> >
> >>If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
> >>you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is
> >>hoarked.

> > from

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 7th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Here's a couple..
http://www.heartlandtackleservice.com/articles.htm

http://www.buckcreekrodandreel.com/make_those_bearings_sing.htm

> [...]

"Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> Took the Curado apart last night and discoved a nice divot in the drag
> control shim....also discoverd there is only 1 -- not 2 as shown in the
> schematics.
>
> But, if you're in to hot rodding your Shimano reels, check out this
article

> http://www.ultimatebass.com/super_tuning.php
>

> pretty good stuff if you're into that......now if someone whould write a
> good how to on self cleaning with photos and post it to OF.....we might
> have a winner.
>

> Jerry Barton (NervisRek) wrote:
> > Harry and Randy would be the masters. I never seen anyone cast a
> > Curado/Scorpion as far as those two.
> >
> > "Fritz Nordengren" > wrote in message
> >
> >>If ya think of it Jerry, remind me to let you give it a whirl. See what
> >>you think.....maybe it's just a personal preference....maybe the reel is

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 7th, 2004, 01:45 AM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> I'll cast it for you but if you want someone to clean it, then Harry is
the
> man. He is like a surgeon when it comes to taking reels apart and cleaning
> them

Harry, we have to talk!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 7th, 2004, 01:45 AM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> I'll cast it for you but if you want someone to clean it, then Harry is
the
> man. He is like a surgeon when it comes to taking reels apart and cleaning
> them

Harry, we have to talk!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 7th, 2004, 01:45 AM
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> I'll cast it for you but if you want someone to clean it, then Harry is
the
> man. He is like a surgeon when it comes to taking reels apart and cleaning
> them

Harry, we have to talk!