PDA

View Full Version : Northwoods Classic Weather Forecast

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 6th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Well, some of the particpants of the 2004 Northwoods Classic are already in
Rhinelander. Ronnie Garrison arrived yesterday while Danl and I were doing
a little scouting and pre-fishing.

For those of you that haven't left yet, I thought I'd check the web and see
what lies the "Weather Guessers" are concocting for the upcoming
festivities. Here's what they're saying.....

Tuesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's, NW winds 10-15 mph.
Tuesday night - Clearing, patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper
30's, N wind 5-10 mph.

Wednesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's. SE wind around 10 mph.
Wednesday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the lower 40's.

Thursday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
Thursday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.

Friday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
Friday night - Mostly clear, lows in the middle 40's.

Saturday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
Saturday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.

Sunday - Highs in the upper 60's.

It doesn't sound too bad, but, this is "Rainlander" we're talking about, so
that still means the weather could be anywhere from 30's and snowing to 80's
and dead calm.

Let's see how close they really are.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 7th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Needless to say I'll be bringing my insulated bibs, just in case.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> [...]

> Tuesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's, NW winds 10-15 mph.
> Tuesday night - Clearing, patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper
> 30's, N wind 5-10 mph.
>
> Wednesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's. SE wind around 10
mph.
> Wednesday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the lower 40's.
>
> Thursday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
> Thursday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.
>
> Friday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
> Friday night - Mostly clear, lows in the middle 40's.
>
> Saturday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
> Saturday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.
>
> Sunday - Highs in the upper 60's.
>
> It doesn't sound too bad, but, this is "Rainlander" we're talking about,
so
> that still means the weather could be anywhere from 30's and snowing to

September 7th, 2004, 01:44 AM
"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Needless to say I'll be bringing my insulated bibs, just in case.

It probably wouldn't hurt. Dressing in layers around here makes a lot of
sense. Once it hits September, I have more layers than a henhouse.

More clothes is like more horsepower, it's better to have it and not need it
than to need it and not have it!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 7th, 2004, 01:44 AM
"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Needless to say I'll be bringing my insulated bibs, just in case.

It probably wouldn't hurt. Dressing in layers around here makes a lot of
sense. Once it hits September, I have more layers than a henhouse.

More clothes is like more horsepower, it's better to have it and not need it
than to need it and not have it!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 7th, 2004, 01:59 AM
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:37:12 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> sent into the ether:

>Well, some of the particpants of the 2004 Northwoods Classic are already in
>Rhinelander. Ronnie Garrison arrived yesterday while Danl and I were doing
>a little scouting and pre-fishing.
Speaking of Ronnie and I. Whew, there were many keepers today. We
done good.
Warren, we didn't catch any dogfish so they are all waiting
for you :<}

Ronnie had a short that really shot out of the water. No wonder,
there was a Muskie under him watching him closely

It was a very productive day as far as patterns go.
I can't find my camera cable or I would post at least one out here.

Can't wait to see you guys on Tue nite, Wed nite orThurs.

>For those of you that haven't left yet, I thought I'd check the web and see
>what lies the "Weather Guessers" are concocting for the upcoming
>festivities. Here's what they're saying.....
>
>Tuesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's, NW winds 10-15 mph.
>Tuesday night - Clearing, patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper
>30's, N wind 5-10 mph.
>
>Wednesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's. SE wind around 10 mph.
>Wednesday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the lower 40's.
>
>Thursday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
>Thursday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.
>
>Friday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
>Friday night - Mostly clear, lows in the middle 40's.
>
>Saturday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
>Saturday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.
>
>Sunday - Highs in the upper 60's.
>
>It doesn't sound too bad, but, this is "Rainlander" we're talking about, so
>that still means the weather could be anywhere from 30's and snowing to 80's
>and dead calm.
>
>Let's see how close they really are.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 7th, 2004, 01:59 AM
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:37:12 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> sent into the ether:

>Well, some of the particpants of the 2004 Northwoods Classic are already in
>Rhinelander. Ronnie Garrison arrived yesterday while Danl and I were doing
>a little scouting and pre-fishing.
Speaking of Ronnie and I. Whew, there were many keepers today. We
done good.
Warren, we didn't catch any dogfish so they are all waiting
for you :<}

Ronnie had a short that really shot out of the water. No wonder,
there was a Muskie under him watching him closely

It was a very productive day as far as patterns go.
I can't find my camera cable or I would post at least one out here.

Can't wait to see you guys on Tue nite, Wed nite orThurs.

>For those of you that haven't left yet, I thought I'd check the web and see
>what lies the "Weather Guessers" are concocting for the upcoming
>festivities. Here's what they're saying.....
>
>Tuesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's, NW winds 10-15 mph.
>Tuesday night - Clearing, patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper
>30's, N wind 5-10 mph.
>
>Wednesday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's. SE wind around 10 mph.
>Wednesday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the lower 40's.
>
>Thursday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
>Thursday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.
>
>Friday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
>Friday night - Mostly clear, lows in the middle 40's.
>
>Saturday - Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 60's.
>Saturday night - Partly cloudy, lows in the upper 40's.
>
>Sunday - Highs in the upper 60's.
>
>It doesn't sound too bad, but, this is "Rainlander" we're talking about, so
>that still means the weather could be anywhere from 30's and snowing to 80's
>and dead calm.
>
>Let's see how close they really are.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Fritz Nordengren
September 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
YUP, it'll take 5 bass one day and 4 bass the other to win this thing.

I put Danl Ronnie Warren Heavy, Harry and Randy as the most likley to
be in the top three.......less than 1 pound will separate 1st from 4th.

And for my final prediction, no one will break 20 pounds.