PDA

View Full Version : lure find

Lure builder
September 9th, 2004, 12:51 AM
I found a lure in a flea market find. It is a jointed homemade job. Nothing
fancy but i can tell it has excellent action and has seen the same. The lip is
homemade and the jointed segments are carved correctly. I'm going to use the
exact design for my own production. I know it is a perfect lure and will be a
good seller.

Dan Krueger
September 9th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Please post a picture on your website!!!

Lure builder wrote:

> I found a lure in a flea market find. It is a jointed homemade job. Nothing
> fancy but i can tell it has excellent action and has seen the same. The lip is
> homemade and the jointed segments are carved correctly. I'm going to use the
> exact design for my own production. I know it is a perfect lure and will be a
> good seller.

Illinois Fisherman
September 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Yo, Gumby! You can tell it has excellent action just by looking at it? No
water involved at all? I bet all the lure designers are beating a path to
your door right about now. Hey Bozo, Why do you think a real fish magnet is
at a flea market? All the Pro's I know sell their best producing lures at
flea markets. Just ask the Linders.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I found a lure in a flea market find. It is a jointed homemade job. Nothing
> fancy but i can tell it has excellent action and has seen the same. The
> lip is
> homemade and the jointed segments are carved correctly. I'm going to use
> the
> exact design for my own production. I know it is a perfect lure and will
> be a
> good seller.

Illinois Fisherman
September 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Yo, Gumby! You can tell it has excellent action just by looking at it? No
water involved at all? I bet all the lure designers are beating a path to
your door right about now. Hey Bozo, Why do you think a real fish magnet is
at a flea market? All the Pro's I know sell their best producing lures at
flea markets. Just ask the Linders.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I found a lure in a flea market find. It is a jointed homemade job. Nothing
> fancy but i can tell it has excellent action and has seen the same. The
> lip is
> homemade and the jointed segments are carved correctly. I'm going to use
> the
> exact design for my own production. I know it is a perfect lure and will
> be a
> good seller.

Lure builder
September 9th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Yes i can tell it has excellant action by observing the jointed section and how
it is carved out. The lure also has signs of having tied into a lot of fish in
it's day. There is a unique lip and line tie as well. The paint job although
not fancy is enough to do the job. It is the pattern for me to make lures. The
replicated lure's action will be tested.

Dan Krueger
September 10th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Where's the link to that picture?

Lure builder wrote:

> Yes i can tell it has excellant action by observing the jointed section and how
> it is carved out. The lure also has signs of having tied into a lot of fish in
> it's day. There is a unique lip and line tie as well. The paint job although
> not fancy is enough to do the job. It is the pattern for me to make lures. The
> replicated lure's action will be tested.

Rodney
September 10th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Lure builder wrote:

> Yes i can tell it has excellant action by observing the jointed section and how
> it is carved out. The lure also has signs of having tied into a lot of fish in
> it's day. There is a unique lip and line tie as well. The paint job although
> not fancy is enough to do the job. It is the pattern for me to make lures. The
> replicated lure's action will be tested.

Your not much of a lure builder if you "copy" someone else's design, we
call a company that does that, many nasty names in this industry

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Lure builder
September 10th, 2004, 10:33 PM
>Your not much of a lure builder if you "copy" someone else's design, we
>call a company that does that, many nasty names in this industry

The lure did not come from an industry but lone maker who is probably now
deceased. There is no patent and is in the free domain as will be my
production. I don't intend on reinventing the wheel.

Rodney
September 11th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Lure builder wrote:

> The lure did not come from an industry but lone maker who is probably now
> deceased. There is no patent and is in the free domain as will be my
> production. I don't intend on reinventing the wheel.

It means you don't have the skills to actually come up with your own
design,, how dare you "copy" some guy's lure,, why don't you come up
with your own design ? Other people do it
--

Lure builder wrote:

> The lure did not come from an industry but lone maker who is probably now
> deceased. There is no patent and is in the free domain as will be my
> production. I don't intend on reinventing the wheel.

It means you don't have the skills to actually come up with your own
design,, how dare you "copy" some guy's lure,, why don't you come up
with your own design ? Other people do it
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Steve & Chris Clark
September 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

---

Steve & Chris Clark
September 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

---

Henry Hefner
September 11th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Steve & Chris Clark wrote:
> Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

Who's winning?

Henry Hefner
September 11th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Steve & Chris Clark wrote:
> Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

Who's winning?

Dan Krueger
September 11th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Please post a link to your website!

Lure builder wrote:
>>Your not much of a lure builder if you "copy" someone else's design, we
>>call a company that does that, many nasty names in this industry
>>

> The lure did not come from an industry but lone maker who is probably now
> deceased. There is no patent and is in the free domain as will be my
> production. I don't intend on reinventing the wheel.

Illinois Fisherman
September 11th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Yo Gumby, any lure can catch a fish occasionally.

Now if your gonna copy a jointed lure why not the Rapala. That jointed
floating minnow holds more IGFA records than any other single manufacturers
lure. Tried and true. Just take five bucks to Wally World and pretend you
made it. Give it a funky homemade paint job and proclaim that you have the
best lure there is.

An original design catches fish because it is something they do not see
everyday. But it has to have perfect or near perfect action or else it will
not last. Read up on a little history of the lure industry Mr. Scarecrow of
OZ.

Go ahead don't re-invent the wheel, Bozo. It's a good waste of time for you.

Those marks on your flea bag plug are probably hook marks from being in with
other lures.

And above all that, your suggesting that you steal from the dead. Scrooge
would admire a man like you.

Free domain my A$$, you would have to know the intent of the deceased
person. And since you assume he is deceased, you are not qualified to make
that decision for him or his family. Is an artist's painting or sculpture
not inferring a copywrite?

I was going to continue but just remembered that you are not worth the
effort.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> >Your not much of a lure builder if you "copy" someone else's design, we
>>call a company that does that, many nasty names in this industry
>>

> The lure did not come from an industry but lone maker who is probably now
> deceased. There is no patent and is in the free domain as will be my
> production. I don't intend on reinventing the wheel.

Illinois Fisherman
September 11th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Yo Gumby, any lure can catch a fish occasionally.

Now if your gonna copy a jointed lure why not the Rapala. That jointed
floating minnow holds more IGFA records than any other single manufacturers
lure. Tried and true. Just take five bucks to Wally World and pretend you
made it. Give it a funky homemade paint job and proclaim that you have the
best lure there is.

An original design catches fish because it is something they do not see
everyday. But it has to have perfect or near perfect action or else it will
not last. Read up on a little history of the lure industry Mr. Scarecrow of
OZ.

Go ahead don't re-invent the wheel, Bozo. It's a good waste of time for you.

Those marks on your flea bag plug are probably hook marks from being in with
other lures.

And above all that, your suggesting that you steal from the dead. Scrooge
would admire a man like you.

Free domain my A$$, you would have to know the intent of the deceased
person. And since you assume he is deceased, you are not qualified to make
that decision for him or his family. Is an artist's painting or sculpture
not inferring a copywrite?

I was going to continue but just remembered that you are not worth the
effort.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> >Your not much of a lure builder if you "copy" someone else's design, we
>>call a company that does that, many nasty names in this industry
>>

> The lure did not come from an industry but lone maker who is probably now
> deceased. There is no patent and is in the free domain as will be my
> production. I don't intend on reinventing the wheel.

Lure builder
September 11th, 2004, 03:41 AM
>It means you don't have the skills to actually come up with your own
>design,, how dare you "copy" some guy's lure,, why don't you come up
>with your own design ? Other people do it
>--
>Rodney Long,
>Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
>Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
>and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

It is my design. I acquired it and i am going to reserect it. It's a perfect
handmade job,

Lure builder
September 11th, 2004, 03:41 AM
>It means you don't have the skills to actually come up with your own
>design,, how dare you "copy" some guy's lure,, why don't you come up
>with your own design ? Other people do it
>--
>Rodney Long,
>Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
>Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
>and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

It is my design. I acquired it and i am going to reserect it. It's a perfect
handmade job,

Lure builder
September 11th, 2004, 03:41 AM
>It means you don't have the skills to actually come up with your own
>design,, how dare you "copy" some guy's lure,, why don't you come up
>with your own design ? Other people do it
>--
>Rodney Long,
>Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
>Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
>and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

It is my design. I acquired it and i am going to reserect it. It's a perfect
handmade job,

Lure builder
September 11th, 2004, 08:57 PM
>Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

don't listen to stony, he's a wuss of the first order

Lure builder
September 11th, 2004, 08:57 PM
>Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

don't listen to stony, he's a wuss of the first order

Lure builder
September 11th, 2004, 08:57 PM
>Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.

don't listen to stony, he's a wuss of the first order

Rodney
September 12th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Lure builder wrote:

>>Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.
>>

> don't listen to stony, he's a wuss of the first order

How many lures have you built ?

How many lures have you sold ?

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Lure builder
September 12th, 2004, 02:28 AM
>How many lures have you built ?
>
>How many lures have you sold ?
>
>--
>Rodney Long,
>Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
>Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
>and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

I think when i intiated the thread i told you where i was at. I plan on
building and selling enough to cover R&D and M&E.

Dan Krueger
September 12th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Good plan, moron...

Lure builder wrote:
>>How many lures have you built ?
>>
>>How many lures have you sold ?
>>
>>--
>>Rodney Long,
>>Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
>>Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>>Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
>>and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com
>>

> I think when i intiated the thread i told you where i was at. I plan on
> building and selling enough to cover R&D and M&E.

Rodney
September 12th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Lure builder wrote:

>>How many lures have you built ?
>>
>>How many lures have you sold ?

> I think when i intiated the thread i told you where i was at. I plan on
> building and selling enough to cover R&D and M&E.

So you have built "none" and sold "none" ?

Your a "wanna-be"

I wasting my time

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Bob Rickard
September 12th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Rodney, you are ****ing into a fan.

"Rodney" .> wrote in message
> Lure builder wrote:
>
> >>Rodney, you're matching wits with a cabbage fart, dude.
> >>

> > don't listen to stony, he's a wuss of the first order
>
> How many lures have you built ?
>
> How many lures have you sold ?
>
> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
> and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

AJH
September 12th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I think some of there guys enjoy "****ing into a fan"

Git-R-Done

Fishing Arizona
September 15th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Oh my god you guys... EVERYONE copies others designs. Not only in the lure
industry, but also in every other industry. Look at all the rapala knock
offs, etc... I know I would do it. Good for you, Lure Builder. At least
someone answers the door when opportunity knocks. As for the rest of you,
keep making your millions by fishing.

Chris ;)

"AJH" > wrote in message
> I think some of there guys enjoy "****ing into a fan"
>

> Git-R-Done

RichZ
September 15th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Fishing wrote:
> Good for you, Lure Builder.

You're pretty new around here, so you can be forgiven. Just this once
though.

Do a search for posts from this entity under its various incarnations and
you'll understand.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
September 15th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Fishing wrote:
> Good for you, Lure Builder.

You're pretty new around here, so you can be forgiven. Just this once
though.

Do a search for posts from this entity under its various incarnations and
you'll understand.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Illinois Fisherman
September 16th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Dear Mr. Fishing Arizona. Lure builder is a news group Troll.

"Fishing Arizona" > wrote in message
> Oh my god you guys... EVERYONE copies others designs. Not only in the
> lure
> industry, but also in every other industry. Look at all the rapala knock
> offs, etc... I know I would do it. Good for you, Lure Builder. At least
> someone answers the door when opportunity knocks. As for the rest of you,
> keep making your millions by fishing.
>
> Chris ;)
>
> "AJH" > wrote in message
>> I think some of there guys enjoy "****ing into a fan"
>>

>> Git-R-Done

Lure builder
September 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I was fishing last night and changing lures for a colour advantage. Nothing
seemed to click. I recognized a couple of battered lures in my box. They were
of last season with dull bent hooks. The holographic finish was badly worn
leaving a spotty (holstein) metallic finish. I decided to try one and
"voila".. two hits. To night i'm going with the same only sharp hooks.