PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina French Broad River Flooding

Deerhunter
September 9th, 2004, 03:45 AM
I went down this morning to Asheville, I had no idea how bad the rains
were till I got there. The River was up and the smell was that of
Insecticide and deisel fuel, more the first than the second! I got a
feeling the fishing ain't gonna recover for a conciderable amount of
time. We went back to Asheville in the evening to get bottled water for
relatives that live there, the water supply system suffered due to the
flood and drinking water may not be available for 72 hours. I took the
camera with to get a few pics, but due to failing light I only got a few
from River Road near the Lowes. The water had dropped about 6 feet from
the level it was at earlier in the day.
In the A.M. the water level reached to the lower part of the side
windows of the white car pictured, the black car was not even visible,
the river was actually flowing through the parking lot, and through part
of Lowes. My biggest concern was what was inside the above ground
storage tank that was wedged under the bridge.
Check the pics at >
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/deerhunter_d/album?.dir=/db47&.src=ph&.tok=phppmtBBAklfSc2H