PDA

View Full Version : baiting a fishing spot

Bob La Londe
November 14th, 2003, 03:31 AM
My instinct would be to attract minnows. Bread balls might do it, but I
have caught red shinners by dipping a stick in Hog Wild catfish bait and
then suspending the stick in the water. Something that let the Hog Wild out
slowly might do the trick. Of course it will attract catfish directly. I
once caught 63 catfish in about an hour and a half using that stuff on a
sponge hook.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Redd" > wrote in message
> does anybody know what works best for baiting a fishing hole
> to attract crappie. I'm talking about food or smell.
>
> --
>

> remove the ? to reply.

Rodney
November 14th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Redd wrote:

> does anybody know what works best for baiting a fishing hole
> to attract crappie. I'm talking about food or smell.

Of course "cover" draws minnows that draw crappie, something you can add
to the cover is cotton seed mill, this comes is a big cake, minnows eat
this stuff, and a cake can last a long time in the water.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Redd
November 15th, 2003, 01:27 AM
does anybody know what works best for baiting a fishing hole
to attract crappie. I'm talking about food or smell.

--

remove the ? to reply.

Migs1116
November 15th, 2003, 01:17 PM
I have one word for you, COVER, we have worked on our brush pile, bullrush
section next to our pier for 4 years now. This year the big pay off, I caught
a 12" Black Crappie right at the edge of the bullrushes around 7pm the Sunday
before Labor Day using a small Walleye Sucker for bait. A week later a friend
caught a 13 1/2" Black Crappie in about the same place. We have also caught
sizable Muskie right off the pier because of the cover and the abundance of
small fish and minnows.

Good Luck to ya,
Margie
Presque Isle WI, and Milwaukee WI

Cape Cod Bob
November 22nd, 2003, 02:00 PM
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:14:15 -0600, Rodney > wrote:

>Of course "cover" draws minnows that draw crappie, something you can add
>to the cover is cotton seed mill, this comes is a big cake, minnows eat
>this stuff, and a cake can last a long time in the water.

What is/where can you get "cotton seed mill?

Rodney
November 23rd, 2003, 02:08 PM
Cape Cod Bob wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:14:15 -0600, Rodney > wrote:
>

>>Of course "cover" draws minnows that draw crappie, something you can add
>>to the cover is cotton seed mill, this comes is a big cake, minnows eat
>>this stuff, and a cake can last a long time in the water.
>

> What is/where can you get "cotton seed mill?

It is just that, ground up cotton seed, that is formed into a very large
cake/Feed stores
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,
Straight Up Lures, Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights,
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Rodney
November 23rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
Cape Cod Bob wrote:

I for got to tell you you put he cake in a tow sack, with a rock in it
to weigh it down