PDA

View Full Version : 2004 NWC - Day One

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 10th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Hi Guys,

So far the standings are as follows:
Gary Wilber 3 fish, largest 2.89#, 7.55# total
Ronnie Garrison 3 fish, largest 2.20#, 5.27# total
Steve Huber 2 fish, largest 3.31#, 5.22# total
Chris S 2 fish, largest 2.20#, 3.70 total
Kevin Hare 2 fish, largest 1.88#, 3.34# total
Dave 1 fish 2.98# (largest fish so far) and a 32"
muskie (leading for biggest Non-Bass)
Chris Rennert 1 fish, 2.33#
Fritz Nordengren 1 fish, 1.99#
Jerry Barton 1 fish, 1.92#
Sean Barton 1 fish, 1.37#
Gil Daugherty 1 fish, 1.35#
Jim Laumann Leading with Largest Non-FISH catagory, 1 aluminum
Lawn Chair (weight to follow)
Harry - Thundercat 0
Warren 0
Pat 0
Dan 0
Drew 0
Alan 0
George 0

The conditions were less than ideal with a pretty nasty cold front coming
through yesterday. Today was winds gusting to 25 mph with bright blue
skies, not my idea of a perfect day. But, guys were into fish and just
about everyone caught today, just not measurable fish. In Wisconsin, bass
have to be 14 inches to be kept. Had this been a state with a 12" minimum
size limit, I'm sure everyone would have been on the board with fish weighed
in.

Well, I'm gonna go enjoy that fantastic Al-Gen Fish Fry, a whole lotta b.s.
slinging and a lot of laughing. More to come tomorrow.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Charles B. Summers
September 11th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Way to go guys! Keep it up, stay safe! Tomorrow is a new day, and we know
that coming from behind on the second day to win is not impossible!

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> [...]

> Pat 0
> Dan 0
> Drew 0
> Alan 0
> George 0
>
> The conditions were less than ideal with a pretty nasty cold front coming
> through yesterday. Today was winds gusting to 25 mph with bright blue
> skies, not my idea of a perfect day. But, guys were into fish and just
> about everyone caught today, just not measurable fish. In Wisconsin, bass
> have to be 14 inches to be kept. Had this been a state with a 12" minimum
> size limit, I'm sure everyone would have been on the board with fish
weighed
> in.
>
> Well, I'm gonna go enjoy that fantastic Al-Gen Fish Fry, a whole lotta
b.s.
> slinging and a lot of laughing. More to come tomorrow.

Bob Rickard
September 11th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Hey Jim,

Did that chair hit a Secret Weapon? If yes, Joe would surely love to put
that picture on our Braggin' Board! ;-)

> [...]

> Pat 0
> Dan 0
> Drew 0
> Alan 0
> George 0
>
> The conditions were less than ideal with a pretty nasty cold front coming
> through yesterday. Today was winds gusting to 25 mph with bright blue
> skies, not my idea of a perfect day. But, guys were into fish and just
> about everyone caught today, just not measurable fish. In Wisconsin, bass
> have to be 14 inches to be kept. Had this been a state with a 12" minimum
> size limit, I'm sure everyone would have been on the board with fish
weighed
> in.
>
> Well, I'm gonna go enjoy that fantastic Al-Gen Fish Fry, a whole lotta
b.s.
> slinging and a lot of laughing. More to come tomorrow.

alwaysfishking
September 11th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Anyones game, but me thinks Gary will hold on to win....but for bets
sake...I'm sticking with my original picks

> [...]

> Pat 0
> Dan 0
> Drew 0
> Alan 0
> George 0
>
> The conditions were less than ideal with a pretty nasty cold front coming
> through yesterday. Today was winds gusting to 25 mph with bright blue
> skies, not my idea of a perfect day. But, guys were into fish and just
> about everyone caught today, just not measurable fish. In Wisconsin, bass
> have to be 14 inches to be kept. Had this been a state with a 12" minimum
> size limit, I'm sure everyone would have been on the board with fish
weighed
> in.
>
> Well, I'm gonna go enjoy that fantastic Al-Gen Fish Fry, a whole lotta
b.s.
> slinging and a lot of laughing. More to come tomorrow.

September 11th, 2004, 04:17 AM
"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
m...
> Hey Jim,
>
> Did that chair hit a Secret Weapon? If yes, Joe would surely love to put
> that picture on our Braggin' Board! ;-)

Well, ya know Bob, how you're always bragging that an in-line spinner
catches things that a conventional spinnerbait cannot?

Well, in this case, I think you're right, because if memory serves me
correct, it hit a Mepps spinner! :)
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 11th, 2004, 04:17 AM
"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
m...
> Hey Jim,
>
> Did that chair hit a Secret Weapon? If yes, Joe would surely love to put
> that picture on our Braggin' Board! ;-)

Well, ya know Bob, how you're always bragging that an in-line spinner
catches things that a conventional spinnerbait cannot?

Well, in this case, I think you're right, because if memory serves me
correct, it hit a Mepps spinner! :)
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 11th, 2004, 04:19 AM
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
. ..
> Way to go guys! Keep it up, stay safe! Tomorrow is a new day, and we know
> that coming from behind on the second day to win is not impossible!

We had a ball today, and that 's the neat thing, no one is out of it yet. A
limit catch would probably move a zero first day into the money for the
second!

Me, I'm hoping that I can repeat today, that will certainly help. But
there's some good anglers here and it's anyone's ballgame yet.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 11th, 2004, 04:19 AM
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
. ..
> Way to go guys! Keep it up, stay safe! Tomorrow is a new day, and we know
> that coming from behind on the second day to win is not impossible!

We had a ball today, and that 's the neat thing, no one is out of it yet. A
limit catch would probably move a zero first day into the money for the
second!

Me, I'm hoping that I can repeat today, that will certainly help. But
there's some good anglers here and it's anyone's ballgame yet.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

alwaysfishking
September 11th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Life is cruel, I should have been there. I really should have been there. I
am trying real hard not to be too misrable to the family but talk about your
gloomy gus. I am "he"...

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> [...]

> > Drew 0
> > Alan 0
> > George 0
> >
> > The conditions were less than ideal with a pretty nasty cold front
coming
> > through yesterday. Today was winds gusting to 25 mph with bright blue
> > skies, not my idea of a perfect day. But, guys were into fish and just
> > about everyone caught today, just not measurable fish. In Wisconsin,
bass
> > have to be 14 inches to be kept. Had this been a state with a 12"
minimum
> > size limit, I'm sure everyone would have been on the board with fish
> weighed
> > in.
> >
> > Well, I'm gonna go enjoy that fantastic Al-Gen Fish Fry, a whole lotta
> b.s.
> > slinging and a lot of laughing. More to come tomorrow.

September 12th, 2004, 04:22 AM
It figures, dammit! ;-(

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...

> "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Hey Jim,
> >
> > Did that chair hit a Secret Weapon? If yes, Joe would surely love to put
> > that picture on our Braggin' Board! ;-)
>
> Well, ya know Bob, how you're always bragging that an in-line spinner
> catches things that a conventional spinnerbait cannot?
>
> Well, in this case, I think you're right, because if memory serves me
> correct, it hit a Mepps spinner! :)
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Jim Laumann
September 13th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Bob

Steve is correct. It was a Mepps #5 Black Fury. I sight fished that
chair - I threw a SW and crank bait at that hummer - nothing doing -
it would have nothing to do with either of them. Got the Mepps out and
it took a swipe at the Mepps and missed on the first cast; I got a
solid bite on the second cast.

It was to big for the net - I had to lip it. It was all mossy - been
in the water a long time.

It weighed 3.97 #. There should be a pic of it showing up soon. First
time for me to catch a Large Mouth Lawn Chair. Quite the trophy!

But on a better note for the SW crew, I picked up a 24" NP on
a gold shad/gold shiner SW on Thur, and a small muskie on a
Midnight Snack on Sat. The muskie only went 14-16",
but its the first one for me, and you got to start somewhere.

Haven't caught a bass on a SW yet, but I got a new best
lure(s) for fishing pike.

J.

PS: Bob - you come up with in-line SW's and I'll buy 'em.....

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:22:50 GMT, "Bob Rickard"
> wrote:

>It figures, dammit! ;-(
>
>"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
>message ...
>>
>> "Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
>> m...
>> > Hey Jim,
>> >
>> > Did that chair hit a Secret Weapon? If yes, Joe would surely love to put
>> > that picture on our Braggin' Board! ;-)
>>
>> Well, ya know Bob, how you're always bragging that an in-line spinner
>> catches things that a conventional spinnerbait cannot?
>>
>> Well, in this case, I think you're right, because if memory serves me
>> correct, it hit a Mepps spinner! :)
>> --
>> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
>> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
>> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
>> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Bob
September 14th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Just got back from several days worth of NO fishing time.

You wanna compare gloomy gus', I'll match you any day. I'm the poor stiff
who only lives a few hours away from Rhinelander, AND I COULDN'T MAKE IT!!!!
Wah, sniffle.

Gonna stop and wet a line on the way home in the mornin'. Maybe I can snag a
Bullhead, ur sumthin'.

Bob
{sniffle}

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> Life is cruel, I should have been there. I really should have been there.
> am trying real hard not to be too misrable to the family but talk about
your
> gloomy gus. I am "he"...
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

Bob
September 14th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Just got back from several days worth of NO fishing time.

You wanna compare gloomy gus', I'll match you any day. I'm the poor stiff
who only lives a few hours away from Rhinelander, AND I COULDN'T MAKE IT!!!!
Wah, sniffle.

Gonna stop and wet a line on the way home in the mornin'. Maybe I can snag a
Bullhead, ur sumthin'.

Bob
{sniffle}

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

> Life is cruel, I should have been there. I really should have been there.
> am trying real hard not to be too misrable to the family but talk about
your
> gloomy gus. I am "he"...
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

Bob
September 14th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Well...
It depends. Now, if I had made it up there, this list would be completely
different.

There would be one more guy listed down for 0 fish, ME!

Bob
(Who, in a raffle contest with 4 prizes and only 5 tickets sold, guess who
would be holding the losing ticket)