PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Jack Dalzell, BFL Buckeye division

Joe Haubenreich
September 11th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie near
Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each are
advancing to the final day.

Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did well,
too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in prefishing
didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the last
hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out his
limit.
--
Joe Haubenreich
www.secretweaponlures.com

alwaysfishking
September 12th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Way to go Jack that's awesome!!!!

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie
near
> Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each are
> advancing to the final day.
>
> Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did well,
> too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in
prefishing
> didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the
last
> hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out his
> limit.
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Bob Rickard
September 12th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Congrats, brother!

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie
near
> Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each are
> advancing to the final day.
>
> Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did well,
> too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in
prefishing
> didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the
last
> hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out his
> limit.
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Bob Rickard
September 12th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Congrats, brother!

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie
near
> Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each are
> advancing to the final day.
>
> Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did well,
> too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in
prefishing
> didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the
last
> hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out his
> limit.
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Charles B. Summers
September 12th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Congratulations Man!

Listening to Jack talk about fishing is a treat in itself. The man is really
passionate about his tournaments and it shows. Hope he finishes well!

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie
near
> Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each are
> advancing to the final day.
>
> Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did well,
> too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in
prefishing
> didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the
last
> hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out his
> limit.
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Joe Haubenreich
September 12th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Today, Dalzell retraced his 1-hour run to the spot he finished up Saturday,
and before his co-angler even had his lifejacket off, Jack already had 12
pounds in the boat!

His first bass hit as soon as his lure touched the water. His back-seater
netted it, and then Jack caught two more bass in quick succession, each of
them pushing 4 pounds. He added more big bass as the day progressed and
culled several that, if he'd had them Saturday, would have given him an
unbeatable two-day score. (Four of his bass on Saturday totaled 16
pounds... another 4 pounder would have cinched the first place spot for
him.) As it was, he weighed in Sunday's heaviest 5-fish limit, anchored by
day's big bass, to lock up 4th place.

Jack now advances to Kerr Lake regional in Henderson, North Carolina where
he will compete October 4-9 against anglers from three other BFL divisions
for one of six slots in the 2005 All-American.

Way to go Jack! Incredible performance!

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie near
Sandusky<snip>
--
Joe Haubenreich
www.secretweaponlures.com
First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
_______________________

Charles B. Summers
September 12th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Awesome!

How come we can't do that Joe? LOL (Oh yeah, we're fishing Percy Priest)

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Today, Dalzell retraced his 1-hour run to the spot he finished up
Saturday,
> and before his co-angler even had his lifejacket off, Jack already had 12
> pounds in the boat!
>
> His first bass hit as soon as his lure touched the water. His back-seater
> netted it, and then Jack caught two more bass in quick succession, each of
> them pushing 4 pounds. He added more big bass as the day progressed and
> culled several that, if he'd had them Saturday, would have given him an
> unbeatable two-day score. (Four of his bass on Saturday totaled 16
> pounds... another 4 pounder would have cinched the first place spot for
> him.) As it was, he weighed in Sunday's heaviest 5-fish limit, anchored by
> day's big bass, to lock up 4th place.
>
> Jack now advances to Kerr Lake regional in Henderson, North Carolina where
> he will compete October 4-9 against anglers from three other BFL divisions
> for one of six slots in the 2005 All-American.
>
> Way to go Jack! Incredible performance!
>
> "Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
> message ...
> Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie
near
> Sandusky<snip>
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 12th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Way to go Jack, I'm rooting for you to win.

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:53:33 -0500, "Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at)
secretweaponlures (dot) com> sent into the ether:

>Today, Dalzell retraced his 1-hour run to the spot he finished up Saturday,
>and before his co-angler even had his lifejacket off, Jack already had 12
>pounds in the boat!
>
>His first bass hit as soon as his lure touched the water. His back-seater
>netted it, and then Jack caught two more bass in quick succession, each of
>them pushing 4 pounds. He added more big bass as the day progressed and
>culled several that, if he'd had them Saturday, would have given him an
>unbeatable two-day score. (Four of his bass on Saturday totaled 16
>pounds... another 4 pounder would have cinched the first place spot for
>him.) As it was, he weighed in Sunday's heaviest 5-fish limit, anchored by
>day's big bass, to lock up 4th place.
>
>Jack now advances to Kerr Lake regional in Henderson, North Carolina where
>he will compete October 4-9 against anglers from three other BFL divisions
>for one of six slots in the 2005 All-American.
>
>Way to go Jack! Incredible performance!
>
>"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
>message ...
>Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
>fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie near
>Sandusky<snip>

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 12th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Way to go Jack, I'm rooting for you to win.

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:53:33 -0500, "Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at)
secretweaponlures (dot) com> sent into the ether:

>Today, Dalzell retraced his 1-hour run to the spot he finished up Saturday,
>and before his co-angler even had his lifejacket off, Jack already had 12
>pounds in the boat!
>
>His first bass hit as soon as his lure touched the water. His back-seater
>netted it, and then Jack caught two more bass in quick succession, each of
>them pushing 4 pounds. He added more big bass as the day progressed and
>culled several that, if he'd had them Saturday, would have given him an
>unbeatable two-day score. (Four of his bass on Saturday totaled 16
>pounds... another 4 pounder would have cinched the first place spot for
>him.) As it was, he weighed in Sunday's heaviest 5-fish limit, anchored by
>day's big bass, to lock up 4th place.
>
>Jack now advances to Kerr Lake regional in Henderson, North Carolina where
>he will compete October 4-9 against anglers from three other BFL divisions
>for one of six slots in the 2005 All-American.
>
>Way to go Jack! Incredible performance!
>
>"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
>message ...
>Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
>fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie near
>Sandusky<snip>

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

alwaysfishking
September 13th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Simply Awesome.. WTG Jack.. keep it up

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> [...]

> >unbeatable two-day score. (Four of his bass on Saturday totaled 16
> >pounds... another 4 pounder would have cinched the first place spot for
> >him.) As it was, he weighed in Sunday's heaviest 5-fish limit, anchored
by
> >day's big bass, to lock up 4th place.
> >
> >Jack now advances to Kerr Lake regional in Henderson, North Carolina
where
> >he will compete October 4-9 against anglers from three other BFL
divisions
> >for one of six slots in the 2005 All-American.
> >
> >Way to go Jack! Incredible performance!
> >
> >"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
> >message ...
> >Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> >fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie

Jack Dalzell
September 13th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the well wishes during this tournament. They didn't
go to waste. The second day I weighed in 5 smallmouth that went 22
lbs, 5 oz. I caught a 5 lb, 6 oz fish with about 30 minutes to go. I
ended up fishing with 40 lbs, 3 oz. I ended up 4th because of the
miserable (17 lbs, 14 oz) day I had on Saturday. I knew that the 1 lb,
10 oz fish that I had in that bag was gonna kill me. All of these fish
were caught in about 32 ft of water on some deep rockpiles and
shipwrecks. My partners could never get the feel for the bite down as
my second day partner only had 1 fish.
Next stop will be the Regional on Kerr Reservoir in NC on Oct.
4-10, then hopefully it will be on to the All-American, which is on
the Ohio River next June.
Jack
~~
www.jdbass.com
~~

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in message >...
> Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who is
> fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie near
> Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each are
> advancing to the final day.
>
> Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did well,
> too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in prefishing
> didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the last
> hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out his
> limit.

Charles B. Summers
September 13th, 2004, 03:32 AM
40 lbs in 2 days???

WOW!

"Jack Dalzell" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey Guys,
> Thanks for all the well wishes during this tournament. They didn't
> go to waste. The second day I weighed in 5 smallmouth that went 22
> lbs, 5 oz. I caught a 5 lb, 6 oz fish with about 30 minutes to go. I
> ended up fishing with 40 lbs, 3 oz. I ended up 4th because of the
> miserable (17 lbs, 14 oz) day I had on Saturday. I knew that the 1 lb,
> 10 oz fish that I had in that bag was gonna kill me. All of these fish
> were caught in about 32 ft of water on some deep rockpiles and
> shipwrecks. My partners could never get the feel for the bite down as
> my second day partner only had 1 fish.
> Next stop will be the Regional on Kerr Reservoir in NC on Oct.
> 4-10, then hopefully it will be on to the All-American, which is on
> the Ohio River next June.
> Jack
> ~~
> www.jdbass.com
> ~~

Charles B. Summers
September 13th, 2004, 03:32 AM
40 lbs in 2 days???

WOW!

"Jack Dalzell" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey Guys,
> Thanks for all the well wishes during this tournament. They didn't
> go to waste. The second day I weighed in 5 smallmouth that went 22
> lbs, 5 oz. I caught a 5 lb, 6 oz fish with about 30 minutes to go. I
> ended up fishing with 40 lbs, 3 oz. I ended up 4th because of the
> miserable (17 lbs, 14 oz) day I had on Saturday. I knew that the 1 lb,
> 10 oz fish that I had in that bag was gonna kill me. All of these fish
> were caught in about 32 ft of water on some deep rockpiles and
> shipwrecks. My partners could never get the feel for the bite down as
> my second day partner only had 1 fish.
> Next stop will be the Regional on Kerr Reservoir in NC on Oct.
> 4-10, then hopefully it will be on to the All-American, which is on
> the Ohio River next June.
> Jack
> ~~
> www.jdbass.com
> ~~

go-bassn
September 13th, 2004, 05:53 PM
WAY TO GO JACK BUDDY! Call me & I'llput you in touch with a Kerr-aholic...

Warren

"Jack Dalzell" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey Guys,
> Thanks for all the well wishes during this tournament. They didn't
> go to waste. The second day I weighed in 5 smallmouth that went 22
> lbs, 5 oz. I caught a 5 lb, 6 oz fish with about 30 minutes to go. I
> ended up fishing with 40 lbs, 3 oz. I ended up 4th because of the
> miserable (17 lbs, 14 oz) day I had on Saturday. I knew that the 1 lb,
> 10 oz fish that I had in that bag was gonna kill me. All of these fish
> were caught in about 32 ft of water on some deep rockpiles and
> shipwrecks. My partners could never get the feel for the bite down as
> my second day partner only had 1 fish.
> Next stop will be the Regional on Kerr Reservoir in NC on Oct.
> 4-10, then hopefully it will be on to the All-American, which is on
> the Ohio River next June.
> Jack
> ~~
> www.jdbass.com
> ~~
>

> "Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message >...
> > Just got a call from ROFB regular and SWL prostaffer Jack Dalzell, who
is
> > fishing the Wal-Mart BFL Buckeye Division Super Tournament on Lake Erie
near
> > Sandusky. Out of a field of 100 boaters and 100 co-anglers, 20 of each
are
> > advancing to the final day.
> >
> > Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> > remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did
well,
> > too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> > decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in
prefishing
> > didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the
last
> > hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out
his
> > limit.

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 04:26 AM
It's even funner to fish with Jack. He & I spent a wonderful bassless day
on Boom Lake :-)

Warren

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]

are
> > advancing to the final day.
> >
> > Today Jack weighed in a 5-bass bag weighing 17 pounds, 14 ounces, so he
> > remains in the running for first prize tomorrow. His non-boater did
well,
> > too, catching a nice 5-pound smallmouth early and then a couple more
> > decent-size fish. The most promising area Jack had scoped out in
> prefishing
> > didn't produce for them (except the co-angler's big smallie), so in the
> last
> > hour they ran to Jack's backup position, where he ended up filling out
his
> > limit.
> > --
> > Joe Haubenreich
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!

Charles B. Summers
September 14th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Sit in a 10'x10' booth with him for four days! You wanna talk about
funny...lol

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> It's even funner to fish with Jack. He & I spent a wonderful bassless day
> on Boom Lake :-)
>
> Warren

Jack Dalzell
September 14th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I had a good time with you both too (Seems I'm not the 'stuffed shirt'
that most people thought I was at NWC, right Charles?). In fact,
EVERYONE from this ng that I've spent time with has been outstanding!
It gives me hope for the rest of the world. I really appreciate all
the good things and wishes that this group has bestowed on me. Thanks
to all.
Charles, I'm gonna brighten your day with two words: Yamaha
Cheerleaders!!!
Jack
~~
www.jdbass.com
~~

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message >...
> Sit in a 10'x10' booth with him for four days! You wanna talk about
> funny...lol
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > It's even funner to fish with Jack. He & I spent a wonderful bassless day
> > on Boom Lake :-)
> >
> > Warren

Charles Summers
September 14th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Oooohhhhh! I'm still having dreams about those girls! :-)

"Jack Dalzell" > wrote in message
m...
> I had a good time with you both too (Seems I'm not the 'stuffed shirt'
> that most people thought I was at NWC, right Charles?). In fact,
> EVERYONE from this ng that I've spent time with has been outstanding!
> It gives me hope for the rest of the world. I really appreciate all
> the good things and wishes that this group has bestowed on me. Thanks
> to all.
> Charles, I'm gonna brighten your day with two words: Yamaha
> Cheerleaders!!!
> Jack
> ~~
> www.jdbass.com
> ~~
>

> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > Sit in a 10'x10' booth with him for four days! You wanna talk about
> > funny...lol
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > It's even funner to fish with Jack. He & I spent a wonderful bassless
day
> > > on Boom Lake :-)
> > >
> > > Warren

Charles Summers
September 14th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Did your son like his cap?

"Jack Dalzell" > wrote in message
m...
> I had a good time with you both too (Seems I'm not the 'stuffed shirt'
> that most people thought I was at NWC, right Charles?). In fact,
> EVERYONE from this ng that I've spent time with has been outstanding!
> It gives me hope for the rest of the world. I really appreciate all
> the good things and wishes that this group has bestowed on me. Thanks
> to all.
> Charles, I'm gonna brighten your day with two words: Yamaha
> Cheerleaders!!!
> Jack
> ~~
> www.jdbass.com