PDA

View Full Version : rod ?

Lure builder
September 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know it's
history and favoured application. Thanks

alwaysfishking
September 12th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Thats the perfect torso tugger, used back in the day for fishing out bloated
hookers in the Hudson river..but that was back in the day.. things could
have changed. Damn my back still hurts..

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know
it's
> history and favoured application. Thanks

Rodney
September 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Lure builder wrote:
> I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know it's
> history

It is a cheap rod made "for" Eagle Claw

and favoured application.

Fishing

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Rodney
September 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Lure builder wrote:
> I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know it's
> history

It is a cheap rod made "for" Eagle Claw

and favoured application.

Fishing

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Bob La Londe
September 12th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I usually try and refrain from feeding the troll, but my favorite crankbait
and topwater rods are a couple of Fenwixcks from their El Cheapo line.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"Rodney" .> wrote in message
> Lure builder wrote:
> > I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know
it's
> > history
>
> It is a cheap rod made "for" Eagle Claw
>
> and favoured application.
>
> Fishing
>

> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
> and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Lure builder
September 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Randy
>Thats the perfect torso tugger, used back in the day for fishing out bloated
>hookers in the Hudson river..but that was back in the day.. things could
>have changed. Damn my back still hurts..

Your postings seem to be laced with body parts and other inuendo ie. torso,
tugger, hookers, back still hurts, mangina, etc. lol

Calif Bill
September 12th, 2004, 11:35 PM
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know
it's
> history and favoured application. Thanks

Probably came from Wal-mart in exchange for a carelessly broken cheap rod.
Exchanging for another rod when it is broken is it's favored application

Illinois Fisherman
September 13th, 2004, 12:15 AM
History? Let's see. If I recall, some dead guy uses to own it. Then you got
it at a flea market with a homemade lure - don't you remember Gumby.
Favoured Applications - Fishing maybe?

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know
>it's
> history and favoured application. Thanks

Illinois Fisherman
September 13th, 2004, 12:15 AM
History? Let's see. If I recall, some dead guy uses to own it. Then you got
it at a flea market with a homemade lure - don't you remember Gumby.
Favoured Applications - Fishing maybe?

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know
>it's
> history and favoured application. Thanks

Illinois Fisherman
September 13th, 2004, 12:25 AM
I understood him perfectly, Gumby. I have one of them that has never been
used, still in the factory plastic. Hookers are the perfect application for
that rod. Think, Gumby, Think. Hookers. Now what kind of fish would a hooker
be? hmmmm... lets see.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Randy
>>Thats the perfect torso tugger, used back in the day for fishing out
>>bloated
>>hookers in the Hudson river..but that was back in the day.. things could
>>have changed. Damn my back still hurts..
>
> Your postings seem to be laced with body parts and other inuendo ie.
> torso,
> tugger, hookers, back still hurts, mangina, etc. lol

Jeff Durham
September 13th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't use it if I was you. Or any rod for that matter. It will just
snap in multiple places as you are landing that 54 lb bass in front of a
screaming crowd of 100s.

Jeff

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I have an Eagle Claw 8ft "MPL58" 8 ft spinning rod. I would like to know
>it's
> history and favoured application. Thanks

Lure builder
September 13th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Rodney
I did up a workshiit on my computer to move some numbers around. With material
cost 1/6 of selling price and a lure built in 31 minutes there is a return of
$28/hr. The price is still modest and ovehead is included as well. Check for
yourself.

Rodney
September 13th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Lure builder wrote:

> Rodney
> I did up a workshiit on my computer to move some numbers around. With material
> cost 1/6 of selling price and a lure built in 31 minutes there is a return of
> $28/hr. The price is still modest and ovehead is included as well. Check for
> yourself.

You show me anyone that is going to pay "YOU" 14 dollars a lure "you"
have made, and I will show you an idiot,, your not going to find many
idiots out there, so you will end up with making maybe 28 dollars a week

--

Lure builder wrote:

> Rodney
> I did up a workshiit on my computer to move some numbers around. With material
> cost 1/6 of selling price and a lure built in 31 minutes there is a return of
> $28/hr. The price is still modest and ovehead is included as well. Check for
> yourself.

You show me anyone that is going to pay "YOU" 14 dollars a lure "you"
have made, and I will show you an idiot,, your not going to find many
idiots out there, so you will end up with making maybe 28 dollars a week

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Lure builder
September 14th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Rodney
Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me $14
cause they will be priced at $18.

Lure builder
September 14th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Rodney
Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me $14
cause they will be priced at $18.

Charles B. Summers
September 14th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Sign me up for one.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Rodney
> Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me $14
> cause they will be priced at $18.

spoonplugger
September 14th, 2004, 04:02 AM
I'll take two ( I get snagged alot)

"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:10:26 -0500, "Charles B. Summers"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> >> Rodney
> >> Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me
$14
> >> cause they will be priced at $18.
> >>

> >Sign me up for one.
>
> Me too. I'll bite (no pun intended).

> "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending
> to be, there is a major confrontation with value and
> self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
> - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of
> Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving
> undeserved decorations

spoonplugger
September 14th, 2004, 04:02 AM
I'll take two ( I get snagged alot)

"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:10:26 -0500, "Charles B. Summers"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> >> Rodney
> >> Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me
$14
> >> cause they will be priced at $18.
> >>

> >Sign me up for one.
>
> Me too. I'll bite (no pun intended).

> "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending
> to be, there is a major confrontation with value and
> self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
> - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of
> Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving
> undeserved decorations

Bob La Londe
September 14th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Sure I want one. Just tell us where to send the check. (or money order)
Post your mailing address here for us.

--

"spoonplugger" > wrote in message
> I'll take two ( I get snagged alot)
>

> "Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:10:26 -0500, "Charles B. Summers"
> > > wrote:

> $14
> > >>

> > >Sign me up for one.
> >
> > Me too. I'll bite (no pun intended).

> > "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending
> > to be, there is a major confrontation with value and
> > self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
> > - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of
> > Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving
> > undeserved decorations

Rodney
September 14th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Lure builder wrote:

> Rodney
> Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me $14
> cause they will be priced at $18.

No one will pay "you" 18 dollars for one of your lures, custom lures are
made by artist, and exstreamly skilled craftsman. It takes them 10 to 20
years and thousands of lures, made to get 1/2 that price, they also have
hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in tools and stock, and spend
hundreds if not thousands of hours testing these lures, and they must
out fish anything that can be bought cheaper. Their lures must win
tournaments, how many tournaments have your lures won ? How many lures
have you actually made ? A lure that just catches a fish every now and
again (which anything that moves can do) will never get anyone to spend
18 dollars on. IF YOUR REAL LUCKY, YOU MIGHT GET $1.49 for them,, that
is if you use $3.00 hooks. It will also take you about 3 to 4 hours to
make each lure, if you know what your doing, not 30 min. unless your
just painting them, then it will take 2 hours each.

You really live in a DELUSIONAL dream world don't you, I mean a man who
buys his lures from the closeout bin, at Wal Mart no less, who fishes
from a canoe, in little ponds, is going to become a custom lure
manufacture ?

ROTFLMAO
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Jeff Durham
September 14th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Please post your name and phone number so we can order these. Many of us
are jumping at the chance to be the first ones to use them. $18 is a real
bargain.

Jeff

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Rodney
> Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me $14
> cause they will be priced at $18.

Charles Summers
September 14th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I'm sure with Canadian exchange rates, we'll be able to get them a little
better than $18 in USD.

Still, if I have to pay that much for a quality hand built bait, and one
that has excellent action... I'll do it.

Sign me up! I'll even send you a free spinnerbait!

"Jeff Durham" > wrote in message
> Please post your name and phone number so we can order these. Many of us
> are jumping at the chance to be the first ones to use them. $18 is a real
> bargain.
>
> Jeff
>

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > Rodney
> > Custom lures go right up to $300. Your right nobody is going to pay me
$14
> > cause they will be priced at $18.

Lure builder
September 14th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Charles 1, Bob L. 1, Eric 1, Spoonplugger 1 ( 1 is the indv limit). All orders
are backordered and filled on a fifo basis. There will be a special unannounced
discount from $18 cdn as well. Payment upon customer satisfaction through field
trial .

Lure builder
September 14th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Charles 1, Bob L. 1, Eric 1, Spoonplugger 1 ( 1 is the indv limit). All orders
are backordered and filled on a fifo basis. There will be a special unannounced
discount from $18 cdn as well. Payment upon customer satisfaction through field
trial .

Lure builder
September 14th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Charles 1, Bob L. 1, Eric 1, Spoonplugger 1 ( 1 is the indv limit). All orders
are backordered and filled on a fifo basis. There will be a special unannounced
discount from $18 cdn as well. Payment upon customer satisfaction through field
trial .

spoonplugger
September 14th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I really need two it is very rocky where I fish
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Charles 1, Bob L. 1, Eric 1, Spoonplugger 1 ( 1 is the indv limit). All
orders
> are backordered and filled on a fifo basis. There will be a special
unannounced
> discount from $18 cdn as well. Payment upon customer satisfaction through
field
> trial .

Tilman Fliegel
September 15th, 2004, 12:12 AM
You just announced an unannounced discount. wow!

Tilman Fliegel
September 15th, 2004, 12:12 AM
You just announced an unannounced discount. wow!

Dan Krueger
September 15th, 2004, 12:51 AM
-If I break it, I can return it for full credit, right?

-Even if I don't buy one, I can get fishing advice and then take my money to
WalMart, right?

-If a lad were to have a rabid raccoon take it, that wouldn't count as a "field
trial", right?

-Please post photos on your corporate website!

Lure builder wrote:

> Charles 1, Bob L. 1, Eric 1, Spoonplugger 1 ( 1 is the indv limit). All orders
> are backordered and filled on a fifo basis. There will be a special unannounced
> discount from $18 cdn as well. Payment upon customer satisfaction through field
> trial .

Charles B. Summers
September 15th, 2004, 01:41 AM
You'll have to wait! Since I asked first, I receive mine first as per the
fifo production.

> [...]

orders
> >> are backordered and filled on a fifo basis. There will be a special
unannounced
> >> discount from $18 cdn as well. Payment upon customer satisfaction
through field
> >> trial .
> >>
> >-If I break it, I can return it for full credit, right?
> >
> >-Even if I don't buy one, I can get fishing advice and then take my money
> >WalMart, right?
> >
> >-If a lad were to have a rabid raccoon take it, that wouldn't count as a
"field
> >trial", right?
> >
> >-Please post photos on your corporate website!
>
> I can hardly wait.

> "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending
> to be, there is a major confrontation with value and
> self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
> - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of

RichZ
September 15th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Charles wrote:
> as per the
> fifo production.

Are you SURE that's not gigo production?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
September 15th, 2004, 02:32 AM

Charles wrote:
> as per the
> fifo production.

Are you SURE that's not gigo production?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Charles B. Summers
September 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM
You'll have to explain that one to me Rich... :-\

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Charles wrote:
> > as per the
> > fifo production.
> >
> Are you SURE that's not gigo production?
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 15th, 2004, 03:31 AM
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
t...
> You'll have to explain that one to me Rich... :-\

I believe that GIGO is an acronym for Garbage In Garbage Out........

Quite apt in this situation.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 15th, 2004, 03:31 AM
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
t...
> You'll have to explain that one to me Rich... :-\

I believe that GIGO is an acronym for Garbage In Garbage Out........

Quite apt in this situation.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 15th, 2004, 03:31 AM
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
t...
> You'll have to explain that one to me Rich... :-\

I believe that GIGO is an acronym for Garbage In Garbage Out........

Quite apt in this situation.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Henry Hefner
September 15th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Charles B. Summers wrote:
> You'll have to explain that one to me Rich... :-\
>

> "RichZ" > wrote in message
>
>>Charles wrote:
>>
>>>as per the
>>>fifo production.
>>>

>>Are you SURE that's not gigo production?
>>
>>RichZ©
>> www.richz.com/fishing

Charles,

FIFO is an acronym for First In First Out (as in keeping inventory fresh)
GIGO is an acronym for Garbage In Garbage Out (as in computing data.. If
the data you give the computer is garbage, don't expect a good answer.)

Henry Hefner
September 15th, 2004, 03:34 AM

Charles B. Summers wrote:
> You'll have to explain that one to me Rich... :-\
>

> "RichZ" > wrote in message
>
>>Charles wrote:
>>
>>>as per the
>>>fifo production.
>>>

>>Are you SURE that's not gigo production?
>>
>>RichZ©
>> www.richz.com/fishing

Charles,

FIFO is an acronym for First In First Out (as in keeping inventory fresh)
GIGO is an acronym for Garbage In Garbage Out (as in computing data.. If
the data you give the computer is garbage, don't expect a good answer.)

Charles B. Summers
September 15th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Yeah... I knew the fifo, and now that you've refreshed my memory on the
gigo, I get it! LOL

Thanks