PDA

View Full Version : I'm Singin' the NWC Blues (Again)

go-bassn
September 13th, 2004, 04:02 AM
The greatest reason for you to attend an rofb tournament is that you can't
loose. You're bound to walk away (or fly, or drive...) with a huge smile on
your face. I've never had so much fun getting skunked (yea, I know - 3x on
the same lake...).

You'd think the odds would catch up with a guy that's made 10,000 casts,
pitches & flips into a lake where (at least a few) bass live, wouldn't you?
16 days I've spent on Boom's (semi-barren) waters. I've fished wood, rock,
& weeds. I've fished shallow cover & deep structure. I've drop-shotted,
Senko'ed, spinnerbaited, cranked, tubed & wormed. In thunder, lightning,
wind, sun & rain.

I should be a Boom Lake expert by now. But instead I've been unable to land
a single keeper.

Will I go back yet again & try to put an end to this jinx, try to conquer
Boom Lake's finicky bass & save face?

(scroll down)

HELL NO! I'm whooped. I admit defeat. Hehehe.

Thanks as always to the Huber clan for being such gracious hosts. I had an
absolute blast as always.

Thanks to Harry Thundercat for spending 3 full days in the tin can that I
rented. I'm sure it would've been a bit better if I charged the trolling
motor battery. Harry, by-the-way, landed keepers both days we practiced
together. He flat-out ruled Boom when it didn't count. Nice job T-cat!

Thanks to Chris Rennert for helping me drink all those White Russians.
Chris is a great guy & a super fisherman.

Great meeting Dan the wildman too, and seeing all my rofb buddies that made
the trip.

Congrats to all who boated bass in this epic contest - especially my good
friend Ronnie "Boom Lake" Garrison. I don't think Ronnie's ever spent a day
on Boom without catching a keeper, and I know he's spent more days there
than myself.

It's super-great to hear that Randy's feeling better & out casting again,
sorry he couldn't join us.

Special thanks also to all the non-attendees that predicted success for me
on this trip - you guys are truly nuts but I love you all!

As for Boom, well, that lake is pure evil.

It's good to be home.

Warren

Charles B. Summers
September 13th, 2004, 04:26 AM
We were all really hoping that you'd break that curse Warren... I can't tell
you how many times I said that to Joe on Saturday.

If it makes you feel any better, Joe and I fished one of our tournaments for
6 hours on Saturday and only weighed in one fish, and that one neing a 13"
spotted bass that went 1.33lbs. This, being a lake that we have spent over a
zillion hours on combined, you'd think that we could find at least a couple
of keepers in six hours....

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> The greatest reason for you to attend an rofb tournament is that you can't
> loose. You're bound to walk away (or fly, or drive...) with a huge smile
on
> your face. I've never had so much fun getting skunked (yea, I know - 3x
on
> the same lake...).
>
> You'd think the odds would catch up with a guy that's made 10,000 casts,
> pitches & flips into a lake where (at least a few) bass live, wouldn't
you?
> 16 days I've spent on Boom's (semi-barren) waters. I've fished wood,
rock,
> & weeds. I've fished shallow cover & deep structure. I've drop-shotted,
> Senko'ed, spinnerbaited, cranked, tubed & wormed. In thunder, lightning,
> wind, sun & rain.
>
> I should be a Boom Lake expert by now. But instead I've been unable to
land
> a single keeper.
>
> Will I go back yet again & try to put an end to this jinx, try to conquer
> Boom Lake's finicky bass & save face?
>

> (scroll down)

BassMr
September 13th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Warren,dude,you were my top pick this year.I just knew it was payback time
for you to rule Doom Lake.
But I am glad you had fun,thats what it's all about anyway.
Charles,were you on your home lake?

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
. ..
> We were all really hoping that you'd break that curse Warren... I can't
tell
> you how many times I said that to Joe on Saturday.
>
> If it makes you feel any better, Joe and I fished one of our tournaments
for
> 6 hours on Saturday and only weighed in one fish, and that one neing a 13"
> spotted bass that went 1.33lbs. This, being a lake that we have spent over
> zillion hours on combined, you'd think that we could find at least a
couple
> of keepers in six hours....
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > The greatest reason for you to attend an rofb tournament is that you
can't
> > loose. You're bound to walk away (or fly, or drive...) with a huge
smile
> on
> > your face. I've never had so much fun getting skunked (yea, I know - 3x
> on
> > the same lake...).
> >
> > You'd think the odds would catch up with a guy that's made 10,000 casts,
> > pitches & flips into a lake where (at least a few) bass live, wouldn't
> you?
> > 16 days I've spent on Boom's (semi-barren) waters. I've fished wood,
> rock,
> > & weeds. I've fished shallow cover & deep structure. I've
drop-shotted,
> > Senko'ed, spinnerbaited, cranked, tubed & wormed. In thunder,
lightning,
> > wind, sun & rain.
> >
> > I should be a Boom Lake expert by now. But instead I've been unable to
> land
> > a single keeper.
> >
> > Will I go back yet again & try to put an end to this jinx, try to
conquer
> > Boom Lake's finicky bass & save face?
> >

> > (scroll down)

Charles Summers
September 13th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Yup... Percy Priest.

"BassMr" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Warren,dude,you were my top pick this year.I just knew it was payback time
> for you to rule Doom Lake.
> But I am glad you had fun,thats what it's all about anyway.
> Charles,were you on your home lake?
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > We were all really hoping that you'd break that curse Warren... I can't
> tell
> > you how many times I said that to Joe on Saturday.
> >
> > If it makes you feel any better, Joe and I fished one of our tournaments
> for
> > 6 hours on Saturday and only weighed in one fish, and that one neing a
13"
> > spotted bass that went 1.33lbs. This, being a lake that we have spent
over
> > zillion hours on combined, you'd think that we could find at least a
> couple
> > of keepers in six hours....
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > The greatest reason for you to attend an rofb tournament is that you
> can't
> > > loose. You're bound to walk away (or fly, or drive...) with a huge
> smile
> > on
> > > your face. I've never had so much fun getting skunked (yea, I know -
3x
> > on
> > > the same lake...).
> > >
> > > You'd think the odds would catch up with a guy that's made 10,000
casts,
> > > pitches & flips into a lake where (at least a few) bass live, wouldn't
> > you?
> > > 16 days I've spent on Boom's (semi-barren) waters. I've fished wood,
> > rock,
> > > & weeds. I've fished shallow cover & deep structure. I've
> drop-shotted,
> > > Senko'ed, spinnerbaited, cranked, tubed & wormed. In thunder,
> lightning,
> > > wind, sun & rain.
> > >
> > > I should be a Boom Lake expert by now. But instead I've been unable
> > land
> > > a single keeper.
> > >
> > > Will I go back yet again & try to put an end to this jinx, try to
> conquer
> > > Boom Lake's finicky bass & save face?
> > >

> > > (scroll down)

Gilbert Archibeque
September 13th, 2004, 09:57 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message >...
> The greatest reason for you to attend an rofb tournament is that you can't
> loose. You're bound to walk away (or fly, or drive...) with a huge smile on
> your face. I've never had so much fun getting skunked (yea, I know - 3x on
> the same lake...).
>
> You'd think the odds would catch up with a guy that's made 10,000 casts,
> pitches & flips into a lake where (at least a few) bass live, wouldn't you?
> 16 days I've spent on Boom's (semi-barren) waters. I've fished wood, rock,
> & weeds. I've fished shallow cover & deep structure. I've drop-shotted,
> Senko'ed, spinnerbaited, cranked, tubed & wormed. In thunder, lightning,
> wind, sun & rain.
>
> I should be a Boom Lake expert by now. But instead I've been unable to land
> a single keeper.
>
> Will I go back yet again & try to put an end to this jinx, try to conquer
> Boom Lake's finicky bass & save face?
>

> (scroll down)

> HELL NO! I'm whooped. I admit defeat. Hehehe.
>
> Thanks as always to the Huber clan for being such gracious hosts. I had an
> absolute blast as always.
>
> Thanks to Harry Thundercat for spending 3 full days in the tin can that I
> rented. I'm sure it would've been a bit better if I charged the trolling
> motor battery. Harry, by-the-way, landed keepers both days we practiced
> together. He flat-out ruled Boom when it didn't count. Nice job T-cat!
>
> Thanks to Chris Rennert for helping me drink all those White Russians.
> Chris is a great guy & a super fisherman.
>
> Great meeting Dan the wildman too, and seeing all my rofb buddies that made
> the trip.
>
> Congrats to all who boated bass in this epic contest - especially my good
> friend Ronnie "Boom Lake" Garrison. I don't think Ronnie's ever spent a day
> on Boom without catching a keeper, and I know he's spent more days there
> than myself.
>
> It's super-great to hear that Randy's feeling better & out casting again,
> sorry he couldn't join us.
>
> Special thanks also to all the non-attendees that predicted success for me
> on this trip - you guys are truly nuts but I love you all!
>
> As for Boom, well, that lake is pure evil.
>
> It's good to be home.
>
> Warren

re: "That evil Lake"

I know what it is Warren. The missing element is your boat. take it
next time to protect you from evil, dropshoting with smallie colors
will be the cure!

If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the
shadow"!

gil

Gilbert Archibeque
September 13th, 2004, 09:57 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message >...
> The greatest reason for you to attend an rofb tournament is that you can't
> loose. You're bound to walk away (or fly, or drive...) with a huge smile on
> your face. I've never had so much fun getting skunked (yea, I know - 3x on
> the same lake...).
>
> You'd think the odds would catch up with a guy that's made 10,000 casts,
> pitches & flips into a lake where (at least a few) bass live, wouldn't you?
> 16 days I've spent on Boom's (semi-barren) waters. I've fished wood, rock,
> & weeds. I've fished shallow cover & deep structure. I've drop-shotted,
> Senko'ed, spinnerbaited, cranked, tubed & wormed. In thunder, lightning,
> wind, sun & rain.
>
> I should be a Boom Lake expert by now. But instead I've been unable to land
> a single keeper.
>
> Will I go back yet again & try to put an end to this jinx, try to conquer
> Boom Lake's finicky bass & save face?
>

> (scroll down)

> HELL NO! I'm whooped. I admit defeat. Hehehe.
>
> Thanks as always to the Huber clan for being such gracious hosts. I had an
> absolute blast as always.
>
> Thanks to Harry Thundercat for spending 3 full days in the tin can that I
> rented. I'm sure it would've been a bit better if I charged the trolling
> motor battery. Harry, by-the-way, landed keepers both days we practiced
> together. He flat-out ruled Boom when it didn't count. Nice job T-cat!
>
> Thanks to Chris Rennert for helping me drink all those White Russians.
> Chris is a great guy & a super fisherman.
>
> Great meeting Dan the wildman too, and seeing all my rofb buddies that made
> the trip.
>
> Congrats to all who boated bass in this epic contest - especially my good
> friend Ronnie "Boom Lake" Garrison. I don't think Ronnie's ever spent a day
> on Boom without catching a keeper, and I know he's spent more days there
> than myself.
>
> It's super-great to hear that Randy's feeling better & out casting again,
> sorry he couldn't join us.
>
> Special thanks also to all the non-attendees that predicted success for me
> on this trip - you guys are truly nuts but I love you all!
>
> As for Boom, well, that lake is pure evil.
>
> It's good to be home.
>
> Warren

re: "That evil Lake"

I know what it is Warren. The missing element is your boat. take it
next time to protect you from evil, dropshoting with smallie colors
will be the cure!

If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the
shadow"!

gil

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!

For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
broken, but not my Gambler.

WW ;-)

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> [...]
> > than myself.
> >
> > It's super-great to hear that Randy's feeling better & out casting
again,
> > sorry he couldn't join us.
> >
> > Special thanks also to all the non-attendees that predicted success for
me
> > on this trip - you guys are truly nuts but I love you all!
> >
> > As for Boom, well, that lake is pure evil.
> >
> > It's good to be home.
> >
> > Warren
>

> re: "That evil Lake"
>
> I know what it is Warren. The missing element is your boat. take it
> next time to protect you from evil, dropshoting with smallie colors
> will be the cure!
>
> If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
> Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the

Charles B. Summers
September 14th, 2004, 02:23 AM
When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...

> If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
> Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the
> shadow"!
>
> gil

Charles B. Summers
September 14th, 2004, 02:23 AM
When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...

> If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
> Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the
> shadow"!
>
> gil

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 14th, 2004, 02:23 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>
> For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
> broken, but not my Gambler.

I don't know what the problem is. I can run anywhere on the lake at 75 mph
+, and while I didn't win the tourney, I caught keeper fish.......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 14th, 2004, 02:23 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>
> For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
> broken, but not my Gambler.

I don't know what the problem is. I can run anywhere on the lake at 75 mph
+, and while I didn't win the tourney, I caught keeper fish.......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 04:23 AM
See there, your ego & your boat are intact; All I have is my boat...

Warren ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
> >
> > For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
> > broken, but not my Gambler.
>
> I don't know what the problem is. I can run anywhere on the lake at 75
mph
> +, and while I didn't win the tourney, I caught keeper fish.......
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 04:23 AM
See there, your ego & your boat are intact; All I have is my boat...

Warren ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
> >
> > For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
> > broken, but not my Gambler.
>
> I don't know what the problem is. I can run anywhere on the lake at 75
mph
> +, and while I didn't win the tourney, I caught keeper fish.......
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 04:24 AM
You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?

Warren ;-)

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
. ..
> When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!
>
> "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
> > Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the
> > shadow"!
> >
> > gil

Charles B. Summers
September 14th, 2004, 04:33 AM
As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
>
> Warren ;-)
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!
> >
> > "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > >
> > > If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
> > > Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the
> > > shadow"!
> > >
> > > gil

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 14th, 2004, 11:22 AM
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:47:13 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
into the ether:

>Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>
>For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
>broken, but not my Gambler.
>
>WW ;-)
Warren old man, I navigated my boat and Jerry's boat all over and did
not hit a thing. You should be skilled enough to manage that. I
would love a ride in a Gambler, bring it on up.

> [...]
>> > than myself.
>> >
>> > It's super-great to hear that Randy's feeling better & out casting
>again,
>> > sorry he couldn't join us.
>> >
>> > Special thanks also to all the non-attendees that predicted success for
>me
>> > on this trip - you guys are truly nuts but I love you all!
>> >
>> > As for Boom, well, that lake is pure evil.
>> >
>> > It's good to be home.
>> >
>> > Warren
>>

>> re: "That evil Lake"
>>
>> I know what it is Warren. The missing element is your boat. take it
>> next time to protect you from evil, dropshoting with smallie colors
>> will be the cure!
>>
>> If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
>> Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

> [...]

>> > than myself.
>> >
>> > It's super-great to hear that Randy's feeling better & out casting
>again,
>> > sorry he couldn't join us.
>> >
>> > Special thanks also to all the non-attendees that predicted success for
>me
>> > on this trip - you guys are truly nuts but I love you all!
>> >
>> > As for Boom, well, that lake is pure evil.
>> >
>> > It's good to be home.
>> >
>> > Warren
>>

>> re: "That evil Lake"
>>
>> I know what it is Warren. The missing element is your boat. take it
>> next time to protect you from evil, dropshoting with smallie colors
>> will be the cure!
>>
>> If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
>> Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...

ww

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> [...]

> >rock,
> >drop-shotted,
> >lightning,

> >land

> >conquer

> >an

> >trolling
T-cat!

Russians.

> >made

> >good
> >day

> >again,

> >me

> >> re: "That evil Lake"
> >>
> >> I know what it is Warren. The missing element is your boat. take it
> >> next time to protect you from evil, dropshoting with smallie colors
> >> will be the cure!
> >>
> >> If I move to VA. by July of next year it would be an easier drive to
> >> Boom's Northwood Classic, plus right next to Joe, Charles and "the

Gilbert Archibeque
September 14th, 2004, 08:38 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message >...
> Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>
> For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
> broken, but not my Gambler.
>
> WW ;-)

re...

Gambler 2200, 300 merc, 85 mph? Nice!

gil

Gilbert Archibeque
September 14th, 2004, 08:38 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message >...
> Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>
> For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
> broken, but not my Gambler.
>
> WW ;-)

re...

Gambler 2200, 300 merc, 85 mph? Nice!

gil

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 14th, 2004, 11:27 PM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
into the ether:

>Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...
>
>ww
No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}

>"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:47:13 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
>> into the ether:
>>
>> >Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>> >
>> >For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
>> >broken, but not my Gambler.
>> >
>> >WW ;-)
>> Warren old man, I navigated my boat and Jerry's boat all over and did
>> not hit a thing. You should be skilled enough to manage that. I
>> would love a ride in a Gambler, bring it on up.
>> >
>> >"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> >can't
>> >smile on
>3x
>> >on

>casts,
>wouldn't
>> >you?
>> >rock,
>> >drop-shotted,
>> >lightning,

>> >land

>> >conquer

>had
>> >an

>that
>> >trolling
>practiced
>T-cat!

>Russians.

>that
>> >made

>> >good
>spent a
>> >day
>there

>> >again,

>for
>> >me

>> Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 14th, 2004, 11:27 PM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
into the ether:

>Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...
>
>ww
No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}

>"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:47:13 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
>> into the ether:
>>
>> >Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>> >
>> >For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
>> >broken, but not my Gambler.
>> >
>> >WW ;-)
>> Warren old man, I navigated my boat and Jerry's boat all over and did
>> not hit a thing. You should be skilled enough to manage that. I
>> would love a ride in a Gambler, bring it on up.
>> >
>> >"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> >can't
>> >smile on
>3x
>> >on

>casts,
>wouldn't
>> >you?
>> >rock,
>> >drop-shotted,
>> >lightning,

>> >land

>> >conquer

>had
>> >an

>that
>> >trolling
>practiced
>T-cat!

>Russians.

>that
>> >made

>> >good
>spent a
>> >day
>there

>> >again,

>for
>> >me

>> Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 14th, 2004, 11:27 PM
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
into the ether:

>Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...
>
>ww
No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}

>"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:47:13 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
>> into the ether:
>>
>> >Thanks Gil buddy, I feel much better now!
>> >
>> >For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
>> >broken, but not my Gambler.
>> >
>> >WW ;-)
>> Warren old man, I navigated my boat and Jerry's boat all over and did
>> not hit a thing. You should be skilled enough to manage that. I
>> would love a ride in a Gambler, bring it on up.
>> >
>> >"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> >can't
>> >smile on
>3x
>> >on

>casts,
>wouldn't
>> >you?
>> >rock,
>> >drop-shotted,
>> >lightning,

>> >land

>> >conquer

>had
>> >an

>that
>> >trolling
>practiced
>T-cat!

>Russians.

>that
>> >made

>> >good
>spent a
>> >day
>there

>> >again,

>for
>> >me

>> Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Gilbert Archibeque
September 15th, 2004, 12:16 AM
green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
I may get scared of the bigger deer though"

the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"

gil

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message >...
> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> >
> > Warren ;-)
> >
> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!
> > >
> > > "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> > > om...

Gilbert Archibeque
September 15th, 2004, 12:16 AM
green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
I may get scared of the bigger deer though"

the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"

gil

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message >...
> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> >
> > Warren ;-)
> >
> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!
> > >
> > > "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> > > om...

Gilbert Archibeque
September 15th, 2004, 12:16 AM
green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
I may get scared of the bigger deer though"

the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"

gil

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message >...
> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> >
> > Warren ;-)
> >
> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!
> > >
> > > "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> > > om...

Gilbert Archibeque
September 15th, 2004, 12:16 AM
green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
I may get scared of the bigger deer though"

the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"

gil

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message >...
> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> >
> > Warren ;-)
> >
> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > When you get around here Gil.... you better let us know!
> > >
> > > "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> > > om...

Huck Palmatier
September 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM
....where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
>> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>>

>> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
>> >
>> > Warren ;-)
>> >
>> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
>> > . ..

Huck Palmatier
September 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM
....where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
>> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>>

>> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
>> >
>> > Warren ;-)
>> >
>> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
>> > . ..

Huck Palmatier
September 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM
....where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
>> As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
>>

>> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
>> >
>> > Warren ;-)
>> >
>> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
>> > . ..

Charles Summers
September 15th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Yup... you'll need a jacket. I want to know how long it takes you to pick up
the southern accent though... LOL

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> > >
> > > Warren ;-)
> > >
> > > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

Charles Summers
September 15th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Yup... you'll need a jacket. I want to know how long it takes you to pick up
the southern accent though... LOL

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> > >
> > > Warren ;-)
> > >
> > > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

go-bassn
September 15th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Lol Dan, you obviously haven't seen my boat.

Warren

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
> into the ether:
>
> >Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...
> >
> >ww
> No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
> Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}
> >
> >"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:47:13 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
> >> into the ether:

> >> Warren old man, I navigated my boat and Jerry's boat all over and did
> >> not hit a thing. You should be skilled enough to manage that. I
> >> would love a ride in a Gambler, bring it on up.

> >> om...
> >3x

> >casts,
> >wouldn't

> >had

> >that
> >practiced
> >T-cat!

> >Russians.

> >that

> >spent a
> >there

> >for

> >> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> >> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> >

> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

go-bassn
September 15th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Lol Dan, you obviously haven't seen my boat.

Warren

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
> into the ether:
>
> >Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...
> >
> >ww
> No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
> Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}
> >
> >"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:47:13 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
> >> into the ether:

> >> Warren old man, I navigated my boat and Jerry's boat all over and did
> >> not hit a thing. You should be skilled enough to manage that. I
> >> would love a ride in a Gambler, bring it on up.

> >> om...
> >3x

> >casts,
> >wouldn't

> >had

> >that
> >practiced
> >T-cat!

> >Russians.

> >that

> >spent a
> >there

> >for

> >> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> >> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> >

> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Gilbert Archibeque
September 15th, 2004, 07:32 PM
"Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message news:<d4T1d.1001$iK2.422@lakeread08>...
> ...where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck

Hi Huck, I will be based out of Newport News. living around that area
or maybe Richmond.

gil

Gilbert Archibeque
September 15th, 2004, 07:32 PM
"Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message news:<d4T1d.1001$iK2.422@lakeread08>...
> ...where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck

Hi Huck, I will be based out of Newport News. living around that area
or maybe Richmond.

gil

Huck Palmatier
September 15th, 2004, 10:41 PM
.....you're gonna like it here. said Huck

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
m...
> "Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message
>> ...where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck
>>

> Hi Huck, I will be based out of Newport News. living around that area
> or maybe Richmond.
>
> gil

Huck Palmatier
September 15th, 2004, 10:41 PM
.....you're gonna like it here. said Huck

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
m...
> "Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message
>> ...where in VA are you headed Gil? asked Huck
>>

> Hi Huck, I will be based out of Newport News. living around that area
> or maybe Richmond.
>
> gil

Joe Haubenreich
September 16th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Southern accent? You looked at a map lately? Gil is moving north to
Virginia!

Gil, Newport News is one of my favorite stretches of the eastern seaboard.
It's not as close to Nashville as you might expect... 500 miles back east is
a lot longer than 500 miles out west. I don't know why, but it just is.

Joe
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
Yup... you'll need a jacket. I want to know how long it takes you to pick up
the southern accent though... LOL

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> > >
> > > Warren ;-)
> > >
> > > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

Joe Haubenreich
September 16th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Southern accent? You looked at a map lately? Gil is moving north to
Virginia!

Gil, Newport News is one of my favorite stretches of the eastern seaboard.
It's not as close to Nashville as you might expect... 500 miles back east is
a lot longer than 500 miles out west. I don't know why, but it just is.

Joe
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
Yup... you'll need a jacket. I want to know how long it takes you to pick up
the southern accent though... LOL

"Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
om...
> green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
>
> the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
>
> gil
>
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > You think Gilbert can handle the East Charles?
> > >
> > > Warren ;-)
> > >
> > > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > > . ..

go-bassn
September 16th, 2004, 04:03 AM
I didn't mean to sound bad in that reply, though I thought I did ;-)

What I'm trying to express is that my boat is substantially larger than
Jerry's & your boats Dan. Bigger boats draw alot more water than smaller
ones, especially when under power of the big engine while not on plane.
Bigger boats need substantially more water to operate, and substantially
less stumps. Steve was being sarchastic in his post. He runs Boom wide
open because he knows it like the back of his hand. I know he wouldn't
recommend a stranger to the water do it by any means. That would be
dangerous as well as costly.

Warren

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Lol Dan, you obviously haven't seen my boat.
>
> Warren
>
> "Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
> > into the ether:
> >
> > >Dan, you're kidding, right? lmao...
> > >
> > >ww
> > No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
> > Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}

sent

> you
> huge
> know -
> > >3x

> > >casts,
> > >wouldn't
> wood,

> unable

> > >had

> > >that
> > >practiced
> > >T-cat!

> > >Russians.

> > >that

> my
> > >spent a
> > >there

> success
> > >for

> > Remove the x for e-mail reply
> > www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 16th, 2004, 11:32 AM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:03:57 -0400, "go-bassn"
> sent into the ether:

>I didn't mean to sound bad in that reply, though I thought I did ;-)
>
>What I'm trying to express is that my boat is substantially larger than
>Jerry's & your boats Dan. Bigger boats draw alot more water than smaller
>ones, especially when under power of the big engine while not on plane.
>Bigger boats need substantially more water to operate, and substantially
>less stumps. Steve was being sarchastic in his post. He runs Boom wide
>open because he knows it like the back of his hand. I know he wouldn't
>recommend a stranger to the water do it by any means. That would be
>dangerous as well as costly.
>
>Warren
I know, I was just hoping that with your boat you would be able to
break your streak, not your boat or motor :<} I still want a ride in
a Gambler. Bring it to the MTC. That should be deep enough for ya.

>"go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> Lol Dan, you obviously haven't seen my boat.
>>
>> Warren
>>
>> "Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
>> > wrote in message
>> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
>> > into the ether:

>> > No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
>> > Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}

>sent

>be

>> you
>> huge
>> know -

>10,000
>> wood,

>> unable

>hosts.

>can
>job

>buddies

>especially
>> my
>days

>casting

>> success

>it
>colors

>> > Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> > www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 16th, 2004, 11:32 AM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:03:57 -0400, "go-bassn"
> sent into the ether:

>I didn't mean to sound bad in that reply, though I thought I did ;-)
>
>What I'm trying to express is that my boat is substantially larger than
>Jerry's & your boats Dan. Bigger boats draw alot more water than smaller
>ones, especially when under power of the big engine while not on plane.
>Bigger boats need substantially more water to operate, and substantially
>less stumps. Steve was being sarchastic in his post. He runs Boom wide
>open because he knows it like the back of his hand. I know he wouldn't
>recommend a stranger to the water do it by any means. That would be
>dangerous as well as costly.
>
>Warren
I know, I was just hoping that with your boat you would be able to
break your streak, not your boat or motor :<} I still want a ride in
a Gambler. Bring it to the MTC. That should be deep enough for ya.

>"go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> Lol Dan, you obviously haven't seen my boat.
>>
>> Warren
>>
>> "Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
>> > wrote in message
>> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:56:41 -0400, "go-bassn" > sent
>> > into the ether:

>> > No, I did not hit a thing with my boat or on plane with Jerry's boat.
>> > Ya just got to know where to turn. :<}

>sent

>be

>> you
>> huge
>> know -

>10,000
>> wood,

>> unable

>hosts.

>can
>job

>buddies

>especially
>> my
>days

>casting

>> success

>it
>colors

>> > Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> > www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Charles Summers
September 16th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Isn't that ironic? He has to move north... to pick up a southern accent...

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Southern accent? You looked at a map lately? Gil is moving north to
> Virginia!
>
> Gil, Newport News is one of my favorite stretches of the eastern seaboard.
> It's not as close to Nashville as you might expect... 500 miles back east
is
> a lot longer than 500 miles out west. I don't know why, but it just is.

*** It's the hills man....

> Joe

Charles Summers
September 16th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Isn't that ironic? He has to move north... to pick up a southern accent...

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Southern accent? You looked at a map lately? Gil is moving north to
> Virginia!
>
> Gil, Newport News is one of my favorite stretches of the eastern seaboard.
> It's not as close to Nashville as you might expect... 500 miles back east
is
> a lot longer than 500 miles out west. I don't know why, but it just is.

*** It's the hills man....

> Joe

go-bassn
September 17th, 2004, 05:55 AM
I'll be bringing it, got a title to defend.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

> [...]

> >ones, especially when under power of the big engine while not on plane.
> >Bigger boats need substantially more water to operate, and substantially
> >less stumps. Steve was being sarchastic in his post. He runs Boom wide
> >open because he knows it like the back of his hand. I know he wouldn't
> >recommend a stranger to the water do it by any means. That would be
> >dangerous as well as costly.
> >
> >Warren
> I know, I was just hoping that with your boat you would be able to
> break your streak, not your boat or motor :<} I still want a ride in
> a Gambler. Bring it to the MTC. That should be deep enough for ya.
> >
> >"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> >> Lol Dan, you obviously haven't seen my boat.
> >>
> >> Warren
> >>
> >> "Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"

Gilbert Archibeque
September 20th, 2004, 09:46 PM
"Well Sir, I wreckin bout a year maybe to pull off a reel smooth
country draw"

a southern draw in Virgina? hmmm" so as We go north from Richmond,
when will the southern draw start to fade? LOL purrty darn north to
me to be a southern state"

dang,

gil

> [...]

> Gil, Newport News is one of my favorite stretches of the eastern seaboard.
> It's not as close to Nashville as you might expect... 500 miles back east is
> a lot longer than 500 miles out west. I don't know why, but it just is.
>
> Joe
> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Yup... you'll need a jacket. I want to know how long it takes you to pick up
> the southern accent though... LOL
>

> "Gilbert Archibeque" > wrote in message
> om...
> > green grass, cooler weather? i will have to buy a jacket lol.
> > seasonal fishing will be a change. snow fall in VA? need to look it up"
> > I may get scared of the bigger deer though"
> >
> > the east will be differnt for me. "the fishing may be easier"
> >
> > gil
> >
> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > > As long as he can handle the cooler weather and green grass!

RGarri7470
September 23rd, 2004, 03:11 AM
>Congrats to all who boated bass in this epic contest - especially my good
>friend Ronnie "Boom Lake" Garrison. I don't think Ronnie's ever spent a day
>on Boom without catching a keeper, and I know he's spent more days there

Actually, I weighed in as many bass this year as in all the past three
together. In six days before this I weighed in one bass each day except one
for a total of five in three years. This year was much better for most folks
- Steve's sixth place finish this year would have won the first two. And the
winning weight last year would have been third or fourth this year. Maybe we
are gettting better on Boom, or maybe there really are more bass there?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
September 23rd, 2004, 03:14 AM
>For the record, I'd never launch my boat in Boom Lake - my ego can be
>broken, but not my Gambler.

In four years and three different boats, I haven't had any problems - bumped
the bottom and a few stumps a few times, but nothing to do any damage.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com