PDA

View Full Version : newbie research on fishing with son

David Ditch
November 14th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Hello all.
I just got a 26' boat and I live near Annapolis. Will be comming out of the
south river.
All the fishing I've been doing over the past 10 years has been with my
brother in NC on his boat.
Where should I begin to learn more about fishing?
Would like to get a book, or read up from websites to take my 4 year old son
fishing on the boat this spring.
Don't care about size of the fish, its the family activity that counts for
us. We'll be throwing them all back once caught.

Thanks for any advice.

David

David H. Lipman
November 14th, 2003, 02:29 AM
I have learned much from books on technology.

I have learned more about fishing from "old timers" - those who fish and have been fishing
for a long time.

Find somebody and have him taech you what he knows.

Dave L.

"David Ditch" > wrote in message
| Hello all.
| I just got a 26' boat and I live near Annapolis. Will be comming out of the
| south river.
| All the fishing I've been doing over the past 10 years has been with my
| brother in NC on his boat.
| Where should I begin to learn more about fishing?
| Would like to get a book, or read up from websites to take my 4 year old son
| fishing on the boat this spring.
| Don't care about size of the fish, its the family activity that counts for
| us. We'll be throwing them all back once caught.
|
| Thanks for any advice.
|
| David

David Ditch
November 15th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Thats not an option for me. Don't know any fisherman.

DAvid
"David H. Lipman" > wrote in message
> I have learned much from books on technology.
>
> I have learned more about fishing from "old timers" - those who fish and
have been fishing
> for a long time.
>
> Find somebody and have him taech you what he knows.
>
> Dave L.
>

> "David Ditch" > wrote in message
> | Hello all.
> | I just got a 26' boat and I live near Annapolis. Will be comming out of
the
> | south river.
> | All the fishing I've been doing over the past 10 years has been with my
> | brother in NC on his boat.
> | Where should I begin to learn more about fishing?
> | Would like to get a book, or read up from websites to take my 4 year old
son
> | fishing on the boat this spring.
> | Don't care about size of the fish, its the family activity that counts
for
> | us. We'll be throwing them all back once caught.
> |
> | Thanks for any advice.
> |
> | David

November 15th, 2003, 04:35 AM
Got any fishing clubs in the area, there you'll always find a landbound
angler happy to help a fellow member.

Larry and a cat named Dub
November 15th, 2003, 01:59 PM
If you have a library look for a book called Chapman Piloting seamanship and
small boat handling. A lot of the stuff will be way over your head and
unnecessary but is probably worth looking at when operating any boat.

David H. Lipman
November 15th, 2003, 05:56 PM
A better idea is to take a Coast Guard course often provided through your local Coast Guard
Aux. branch.
http://www.cgaux.org/cgauxweb/classes/master.shtml

Dave

. ..