PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the NWC sponsors!

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 13th, 2004, 11:45 PM
I'd like to thank the following sponsors for their generosity in donating
prizes for the Northwoods Classic. I know that the main reason for these
get togethers is the friendships, the fun and the fishing, but being able to
go home with some prizes and gift packs is a bonus.

I don't want anyone to read anything into the order that I'm listing the
companies, it's just the way that I typed them into this post. If anyone
reading this that attended the NWC would like, a brief contact and a thank
you would be appreciated.

Boat S' port - 3666 Hwy 70 East, Eagle River, WI 54521 715-479-8000 or
800-315-7737
www.boatsport.com A pull behind the boat sport tube

North Stand Distributions - 33 N. Brown St., Rhinelander, WI 54501
715-362-6062 www.northstanddistributions.com A knife/cutting board set and
butane powered camp stove

Holiday Gas Station - 255 E. Courtney St., Rhinelander, WI 54501
715-362-4510 A case of outboard motor oil

Auto Zone - 1510Lincoln St., Rhinelander, WI 54501 715-369-8822 A gallon
of outboard motor oil and a boat cleaning/care kit

Bass Pro - www.basspro.com Plano Tournament Series Tackle Boxes & Plano 3750
Tackle Boxes

Catch-N.com - http://catchn.com/index.html Soft Plastic Lure assortment,
arranged by Jim Laumann

Courtney Battery - 1681 Menominee Dr., Rhinelander, WI 54501 715-369-5554
Series 27 Deep Cycle Battery

Schoeder's Marine - 2230 N. Stevens St., Rhinelander, WI 54501
888-311-1534 http://www.shoedersmarine.com/ Camp Chair

Ranger Nets - Four absolutely fantastic wood frame trout nets and four
aluminum handled landing nets were donated by Ranger, contact Jerry Barton
for Ranger's contact information

In Stitches - 33 W. Davenport St., Rhinelander, WI 54501 715-369-7600
Embroidered Windbreaker

Secret Weapon Lures - http://www.secretweaponlures.com , Spinnerbaits and
logo hats

Mel's Trading Post - 105 S. Brown St., Rhinelander, WI 54501 715-362-3668
Fenwick Spinning Rod

Lakeland TruValue Hardware - 2181 Lincoln St., Rhinelander, WI 54501
715-369-3011 Gear Bags

Jim Laumann - Lutefisk Rod, $25 Cabela's Gift Card

Ross's Country Store - 5370 Trails End Rd., Rhinelander, WI 54501
715-362-1066 Tackle Assortment

Ronnie Garrison/About.com - Ugly Stick Rod/Reel Combo

Lunker City Lures - http://www.lunkercity.com/ Soft Plastic Lures

I don't think that I forgot anyone, but if I did, my sincerest apologies and
heartiest thank you.

To those that attended the NWC, I thank you. Janet and I had a great time
as we always do. We look forward to it every year and it's over all too
soon. A couple friends of ours came and hung out on the edge of the
festivities and they all said that long before next year, they'll be making
plans to fish the NWC in 2005.

Alan, a newcomer to OutdoorFrontiers wasn't sure if he was going to fish it,
but because he lives on Boom Lake, thought he stood a decent chance in the
tourney and reluctantly joined up. I just got off the phone with Alan and
he said that he was impressed with the caliber of anglers and the
friendliness of everyone that attended. He said that by the time he left on
Saturday night, he felt like he'd known many of you guys for 20 years! He
also said that he's making plans for next year and that he's going to figure
out a way to come to the Mid-Tennessee Classic with me. That says a lot
about all of you guys.

Thanks again for making this a great event,
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

go-bassn
September 14th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Ahem...

Warren ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
message ...
> [...]

making
> plans to fish the NWC in 2005.
>

> Alan, a newcomer to OutdoorFrontiers wasn't sure if he was going to fish
it,
> but because he lives on Boom Lake, thought he stood a decent chance in the
> tourney and reluctantly joined up. I just got off the phone with Alan and
> he said that he was impressed with the caliber of anglers and the
> friendliness of everyone that attended. He said that by the time he left
on
> Saturday night, he felt like he'd known many of you guys for 20 years! He
> also said that he's making plans for next year and that he's going to
figure
> out a way to come to the Mid-Tennessee Classic with me. That says a lot
> about all of you guys.
>

> Thanks again for making this a great event,

Charles B. Summers
September 14th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Bring him down here in April!

Oh yeah, go ahead and sign me up for next years NWC! I aint gonna miss
another one.

> [...]

making
> plans to fish the NWC in 2005.
>

> Alan, a newcomer to OutdoorFrontiers wasn't sure if he was going to fish
it,
> but because he lives on Boom Lake, thought he stood a decent chance in the
> tourney and reluctantly joined up. I just got off the phone with Alan and
> he said that he was impressed with the caliber of anglers and the
> friendliness of everyone that attended. He said that by the time he left
on
> Saturday night, he felt like he'd known many of you guys for 20 years! He
> also said that he's making plans for next year and that he's going to
figure
> out a way to come to the Mid-Tennessee Classic with me. That says a lot
> about all of you guys.
>

> Thanks again for making this a great event,

September 14th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Actually, I did forget several other sponsors for the NWC. I guess I can
blame it on advanced age.

I'd like to thank Warren for generously paying for the trophies. I'm
looking at my Largest Bass trophy right now!

I'd like to thank Chris S. for the donation of a Falcon Spinnerbait Box

And I'd like to thank Brown Street Books for their donation of the
Largemouth Bass book and the two Loon Lake murder mysteries.

For those of you that haven't heard of these books, they're written by a
local woman, set in the Rhinelander area, they're fun to read mysteries with
a fishing angle. Check for books written by Victoria Houston.

Please remind me if I missed anyone, I really don't want to overlook anyone.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Joe Haubenreich
September 14th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Steve wrote, "For those of you that haven't heard of these books, they're
written by a
local woman, set in the Rhinelander area, they're fun to read mysteries with
a fishing angle. Check for books written by Victoria Houston."

Does the opening dialogue go something like this....
_______________________

"So, how ya doin', eh, Norm? Catchin' any of dem walleyes?"

"Ya, sure am, Walt.... When I can get dem stinkin' smallmouths to leave my
bait alone!"

"I know what you mean.... Dam' trash fish.... So, wha'cha using? Lindy
jigs?"

"Sure, Walt, dem and a floatin' jig with big steelback minnows. I just run
the Lund up into the head of a pool and backtroll back upwind slow as I
can."

"Oh, yah... you can get some big ones this time o' year, for sure."

"You betcha.... Speaking of big ones, did you catch a whiff of that stiff
that washed up on the ramp last night?"

"How could I miss it... bloated like that, I'd say he's been in Boom since
ice-out. I had trouble backing the trailer around the gosh-darn thing,
too.... thought I was going to hit it or the dock, one or t'other. If I
smacked him, he probably would have exploded all over the station wagon,
too, and I just washed it for the last time this year!"

"I know... where are dem dam' park people when you need them? What do they
think we pay our three dollar parking fee for... we gotta drag off these
stinkin' carcasses outta the way, too? Oh, sure... every nows and then ain't
so bad... one or two a year... that'd be ok.... but five this month already,
and only two more weeks of September before the lake freezes!"
_____________________-

So, how close am I?

Joe
----------------

[...]

alwaysfishking
September 14th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Now That was funny....I don't care who you are..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> [...]

> ----------------
>
> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in
> message ...
> Actually, I did forget several other sponsors for the NWC. I guess I can
> blame it on advanced age.
>
> I'd like to thank Warren for generously paying for the trophies. I'm
> looking at my Largest Bass trophy right now!
>
> I'd like to thank Chris S. for the donation of a Falcon Spinnerbait Box
>
> And I'd like to thank Brown Street Books for their donation of the
> Largemouth Bass book and the two Loon Lake murder mysteries.
>
> For those of you that haven't heard of these books, they're written by a
> local woman, set in the Rhinelander area, they're fun to read mysteries
with
> a fishing angle. Check for books written by Victoria Houston.
>
> Please remind me if I missed anyone, I really don't want to overlook

September 14th, 2004, 11:35 AM
"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Steve wrote, "For those of you that haven't heard of these books, they're
> written by a
> local woman, set in the Rhinelander area, they're fun to read mysteries
with
> a fishing angle. Check for books written by Victoria Houston."
>
> Does the opening dialogue go something like this....
> _______________________
>
> "So, how ya doin', eh, Norm? Catchin' any of dem walleyes?"
>
> "Ya, sure am, Walt.... When I can get dem stinkin' smallmouths to leave my
> bait alone!"
>
> "I know what you mean.... Dam' trash fish.... So, wha'cha using? Lindy
> jigs?"
>
> "Sure, Walt, dem and a floatin' jig with big steelback minnows. I just run
> the Lund up into the head of a pool and backtroll back upwind slow as I
> can."
>
> "Oh, yah... you can get some big ones this time o' year, for sure."
>
> "You betcha.... Speaking of big ones, did you catch a whiff of that stiff
> that washed up on the ramp last night?"
>
> "How could I miss it... bloated like that, I'd say he's been in Boom since
> ice-out. I had trouble backing the trailer around the gosh-darn thing,
> too.... thought I was going to hit it or the dock, one or t'other. If I
> smacked him, he probably would have exploded all over the station wagon,
> too, and I just washed it for the last time this year!"
>
> "I know... where are dem dam' park people when you need them? What do they
> think we pay our three dollar parking fee for... we gotta drag off these
> stinkin' carcasses outta the way, too? Oh, sure... every nows and then
ain't
> so bad... one or two a year... that'd be ok.... but five this month
already,
> and only two more weeks of September before the lake freezes!"
> _____________________-
>
> So, how close am I?
>
> Joe

All right smart guy..... :) That's pretty good, but it's not close. LOL,
Joe you are a nut!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 14th, 2004, 11:35 AM
"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Steve wrote, "For those of you that haven't heard of these books, they're
> written by a
> local woman, set in the Rhinelander area, they're fun to read mysteries
with
> a fishing angle. Check for books written by Victoria Houston."
>
> Does the opening dialogue go something like this....
> _______________________
>
> "So, how ya doin', eh, Norm? Catchin' any of dem walleyes?"
>
> "Ya, sure am, Walt.... When I can get dem stinkin' smallmouths to leave my
> bait alone!"
>
> "I know what you mean.... Dam' trash fish.... So, wha'cha using? Lindy
> jigs?"
>
> "Sure, Walt, dem and a floatin' jig with big steelback minnows. I just run
> the Lund up into the head of a pool and backtroll back upwind slow as I
> can."
>
> "Oh, yah... you can get some big ones this time o' year, for sure."
>
> "You betcha.... Speaking of big ones, did you catch a whiff of that stiff
> that washed up on the ramp last night?"
>
> "How could I miss it... bloated like that, I'd say he's been in Boom since
> ice-out. I had trouble backing the trailer around the gosh-darn thing,
> too.... thought I was going to hit it or the dock, one or t'other. If I
> smacked him, he probably would have exploded all over the station wagon,
> too, and I just washed it for the last time this year!"
>
> "I know... where are dem dam' park people when you need them? What do they
> think we pay our three dollar parking fee for... we gotta drag off these
> stinkin' carcasses outta the way, too? Oh, sure... every nows and then
ain't
> so bad... one or two a year... that'd be ok.... but five this month
already,
> and only two more weeks of September before the lake freezes!"
> _____________________-
>
> So, how close am I?
>
> Joe

All right smart guy..... :) That's pretty good, but it's not close. LOL,
Joe you are a nut!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 14th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Man, I really blew it on this list. I forgot Gander Mountain for the lures,
hats and Winchester Multi-Tools that they donated, plus I can't believe that
I forgot Kevin Hare contacting Oberto beef Jerky, Culprit Lures and
Rejuvinade livewell additive. AND a big thanks to Gary Dye from Driftwood
Lures http://www.driftwoodlures.com !!!

> [...]
making
> plans to fish the NWC in 2005.
>

> Alan, a newcomer to OutdoorFrontiers wasn't sure if he was going to fish
it,
> but because he lives on Boom Lake, thought he stood a decent chance in the
> tourney and reluctantly joined up. I just got off the phone with Alan and
> he said that he was impressed with the caliber of anglers and the
> friendliness of everyone that attended. He said that by the time he left
on
> Saturday night, he felt like he'd known many of you guys for 20 years! He
> also said that he's making plans for next year and that he's going to
figure
> out a way to come to the Mid-Tennessee Classic with me. That says a lot
> about all of you guys.
>

> Thanks again for making this a great event,

Gary Wilber
September 14th, 2004, 04:44 PM
The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
bodies before the park people will haul them away.

Gary Wilber
September 14th, 2004, 04:44 PM
The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
bodies before the park people will haul them away.

alwaysfishking
September 14th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I heard they just throw the bodies in a woodchipper to feed the muskies

"Gary Wilber" > wrote in message
om...
> The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
> could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
> bodies before the park people will haul them away.

alwaysfishking
September 14th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I heard they just throw the bodies in a woodchipper to feed the muskies

"Gary Wilber" > wrote in message
om...
> The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
> could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
> bodies before the park people will haul them away.

go-bassn
September 15th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Don't believe it, I have a theory that muskies eat bass...

Warren

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> I heard they just throw the bodies in a woodchipper to feed the muskies
>

> "Gary Wilber" > wrote in message
> om...
> > The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
> > could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
> > bodies before the park people will haul them away.

go-bassn
September 15th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Don't believe it, I have a theory that muskies eat bass...

Warren

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> I heard they just throw the bodies in a woodchipper to feed the muskies
>

> "Gary Wilber" > wrote in message
> om...
> > The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
> > could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
> > bodies before the park people will haul them away.

go-bassn
September 15th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Don't believe it, I have a theory that muskies eat bass...

Warren

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> I heard they just throw the bodies in a woodchipper to feed the muskies
>

> "Gary Wilber" > wrote in message
> om...
> > The launch fee is only two dollars. If it was three dollars they
> > could afford to pay the guy that has to spray the orange X on the
> > bodies before the park people will haul them away.

RGarri7470
September 23rd, 2004, 03:02 AM
Thank you Steve for the work you do getting prizes and everything else for the
tournament. Of course we know that Janet really does all the work. Yall are
great and I enjoyed the trip this year just like always. I do appreciate
everything you and Janet do to make it happen.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
September 23rd, 2004, 03:02 AM
Thank you Steve for the work you do getting prizes and everything else for the
tournament. Of course we know that Janet really does all the work. Yall are
great and I enjoyed the trip this year just like always. I do appreciate
everything you and Janet do to make it happen.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
September 23rd, 2004, 03:05 AM
>Don't believe it, I have a theory that muskies eat bass...
>
>Warren

Its more than a theory - one tried to take a 10 inch bass away from me while I
was fishing with Dan on Monday. Never seen a bass jump so high. Bout gave me a
heart attack.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470