PDA

View Full Version : NWC 2004

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 14th, 2004, 11:42 PM
To Steve and everyone involved.

I have started to write this several times now and every time I did, I
thought of things that happened last weekend and got side tracked
enjoying the memories. I wish it had lasted for a week.

I want to give a special thanks to Steve & Janet for making the NWC
one of the best times I have had in a long time. Steve you have a
great family. I only have two suggestions, get a bigger knife and
require more land. :<}

Meeting people that I have been "talking" to for quite a few years on
this group made the NWC a very special experience for me. I listened
and learned a lot about fishing and about how nice it is to be
included in a group of great people. I got to fish with Steve and
Ronnie before the tourney, the irrepressible Jerry Barton on Friday
(sorry my pattern was no good that day) and Chris Rennert on Sat.
What more could you ask for? Keep an eye on Chris; he is going places
in the fishing world. He is one very focused young man.

Harry, anytime you need a seat to fish in WI let me know, yea I know
Steve's boat is bigger, more comfortable and faster and, aw heck just
let me know and I will follow you guys around.

I can't wait to use some of the, well lets call them Bartonisms that I
learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
April.

I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
everyone else can be there too.

Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.

Thanks again Steve

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Charles Summers
September 15th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... but where's the pictures????

I do agree that these meetings/tournaments are awesome! I hated missing this
one, but I'm already making preparations for the next one. (It aint gonna be
on Boom Lake ya say...?) Steve, and especially Janet are great to put up
with a group of smelly fishermen at their house all night, and Steve does a
great job at organizing things. (I'm sure that Janet plays a big, but silent
part too)

BTW Dan, You're package is in the mail.

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> [...]

> Steve's boat is bigger, more comfortable and faster and, aw heck just
> let me know and I will follow you guys around.
>
> I can't wait to use some of the, well lets call them Bartonisms that I
> learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
> April.
>
> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
> everyone else can be there too.
>
> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.

Chris Rennert
September 15th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Dan,

Thank you very much for the ego stroke :-D. I appreciate the kind words, I
just have to keep studying and keep learning.
I owe you for 2 lemonades, and thanks for putting up with that pattern all
day even though we had a little lul in there :). Take care and see you at
the MTC hopefully!

Chris
> [...]

> learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
> April.
>
> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
> everyone else can be there too.
>
> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.
>
> Thanks again Steve
>

> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 15th, 2004, 10:54 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:26:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> sent into the ether:

>Yeah, yeah, yeah.... but where's the pictures????
My digital camera was not functioning, Steve had trouble with his too.
Others did take pictures though.

>I do agree that these meetings/tournaments are awesome! I hated missing this
>one, but I'm already making preparations for the next one. (It aint gonna be
>on Boom Lake ya say...?) Steve, and especially Janet are great to put up
>with a group of smelly fishermen at their house all night, and Steve does a
>great job at organizing things. (I'm sure that Janet plays a big, but silent
>part too)
You bet she does and not all that silent either :<}

>BTW Dan, You're package is in the mail.
Thanks Charles

>"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
>> To Steve and everyone involved.
>>
>> I have started to write this several times now and every time I did, I
>> thought of things that happened last weekend and got side tracked
>> enjoying the memories. I wish it had lasted for a week.
>>
>> I want to give a special thanks to Steve & Janet for making the NWC
>> one of the best times I have had in a long time. Steve you have a
>> great family. I only have two suggestions, get a bigger knife and
>> require more land. :<}
>>
>> Meeting people that I have been "talking" to for quite a few years on
>> this group made the NWC a very special experience for me. I listened
>> and learned a lot about fishing and about how nice it is to be
>> included in a group of great people. I got to fish with Steve and
>> Ronnie before the tourney, the irrepressible Jerry Barton on Friday
>> (sorry my pattern was no good that day) and Chris Rennert on Sat.
>> What more could you ask for? Keep an eye on Chris; he is going places
>> in the fishing world. He is one very focused young man.
>>
>> Harry, anytime you need a seat to fish in WI let me know, yea I know
>> Steve's boat is bigger, more comfortable and faster and, aw heck just
>> let me know and I will follow you guys around.
>>
>> I can't wait to use some of the, well lets call them Bartonisms that I
>> learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
>> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
>> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
>> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
>> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
>> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
>> April.
>>
>> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
>> everyone else can be there too.
>>
>> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
>> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.
>>
>> Thanks again Steve
>>

>> Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

> [...]

>> Steve's boat is bigger, more comfortable and faster and, aw heck just
>> let me know and I will follow you guys around.
>>
>> I can't wait to use some of the, well lets call them Bartonisms that I
>> learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
>> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
>> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
>> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
>> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
>> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
>> April.
>>
>> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
>> everyone else can be there too.
>>
>> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
>> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 15th, 2004, 10:55 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:36:59 -0500, "Chris Rennert"
> sent into the ether:

>Dan,
>
>Thank you very much for the ego stroke :-D. I appreciate the kind words, I
>just have to keep studying and keep learning.
>I owe you for 2 lemonades, and thanks for putting up with that pattern all
>day even though we had a little lul in there :). Take care and see you at
>the MTC hopefully!
I'll fish with you anytime Chris. You are better than you think.

>Chris
>"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
>> To Steve and everyone involved.
>>
>> I have started to write this several times now and every time I did, I
>> thought of things that happened last weekend and got side tracked
>> enjoying the memories. I wish it had lasted for a week.
>>
>> I want to give a special thanks to Steve & Janet for making the NWC
>> one of the best times I have had in a long time. Steve you have a
>> great family. I only have two suggestions, get a bigger knife and
>> require more land. :<}
>>
>> Meeting people that I have been "talking" to for quite a few years on
>> this group made the NWC a very special experience for me. I listened
>> and learned a lot about fishing and about how nice it is to be
>> included in a group of great people. I got to fish with Steve and
>> Ronnie before the tourney, the irrepressible Jerry Barton on Friday
>> (sorry my pattern was no good that day) and Chris Rennert on Sat.
>> What more could you ask for? Keep an eye on Chris; he is going places
>> in the fishing world. He is one very focused young man.
>>
>> Harry, anytime you need a seat to fish in WI let me know, yea I know
>> Steve's boat is bigger, more comfortable and faster and, aw heck just
>> let me know and I will follow you guys around.
>>
>> I can't wait to use some of the, well lets call them Bartonisms that I
>> learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
>> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
>> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
>> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
>> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
>> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
>> April.
>>
>> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
>> everyone else can be there too.
>>
>> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
>> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.
>>
>> Thanks again Steve
>>

>> Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 15th, 2004, 10:55 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:36:59 -0500, "Chris Rennert"
> sent into the ether:

>Dan,
>
>Thank you very much for the ego stroke :-D. I appreciate the kind words, I
>just have to keep studying and keep learning.
>I owe you for 2 lemonades, and thanks for putting up with that pattern all
>day even though we had a little lul in there :). Take care and see you at
>the MTC hopefully!
I'll fish with you anytime Chris. You are better than you think.

>Chris
>"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
>> To Steve and everyone involved.
>>
>> I have started to write this several times now and every time I did, I
>> thought of things that happened last weekend and got side tracked
>> enjoying the memories. I wish it had lasted for a week.
>>
>> I want to give a special thanks to Steve & Janet for making the NWC
>> one of the best times I have had in a long time. Steve you have a
>> great family. I only have two suggestions, get a bigger knife and
>> require more land. :<}
>>
>> Meeting people that I have been "talking" to for quite a few years on
>> this group made the NWC a very special experience for me. I listened
>> and learned a lot about fishing and about how nice it is to be
>> included in a group of great people. I got to fish with Steve and
>> Ronnie before the tourney, the irrepressible Jerry Barton on Friday
>> (sorry my pattern was no good that day) and Chris Rennert on Sat.
>> What more could you ask for? Keep an eye on Chris; he is going places
>> in the fishing world. He is one very focused young man.
>>
>> Harry, anytime you need a seat to fish in WI let me know, yea I know
>> Steve's boat is bigger, more comfortable and faster and, aw heck just
>> let me know and I will follow you guys around.
>>
>> I can't wait to use some of the, well lets call them Bartonisms that I
>> learned. I still laugh when I think of them and thanks Jerry for the
>> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
>> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
>> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
>> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
>> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
>> April.
>>
>> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
>> everyone else can be there too.
>>
>> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
>> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.
>>
>> Thanks again Steve
>>

>> Remove the x for e-mail reply
>> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

go-bassn
September 17th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Hey Dan buddy, at least try to seperate your posts from the text you're
replying to - every post you make I have to search for.

Thanks.

Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

> [...]

> >> little present. I haven't tried it out yet but will this week. I was
> >> disappointed that Randy had medical problems (Mangina? That must be a
> >> new technical term) and could not make it. Randy, ask Warren to see
> >> his "new" rod :<} As for Doc, Charles, Rodmaker and Moe, I'm sorry
> >> you could not make it and I hope to see yours and other new faces in
> >> April.
> >>
> >> I will begin making plans next week to attend the MTC. I hope
> >> everyone else can be there too.
> >>
> >> Thanks to all the people that worked with sponsors to get prizes and
> >> to the sponsors themselves for donating to a great group of people.
> >>
> >> Thanks again Steve
> >>

> >> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> >> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> >

> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 17th, 2004, 11:35 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:01:23 -0400, "go-bassn"
> sent into the ether:

>Hey Dan buddy, at least try to seperate your posts from the text you're
>replying to - every post you make I have to search for.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Warren

Not sure what you mean Warren. I insert text and when I download it
to my newsreader it is seperate, different colored, without a > in
front of it. Sometimes I put it into the body, sometimes I front post
it and sometimes I back post it.

Doesn't Outlook Express differentiate between original text and new
text?

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 17th, 2004, 11:35 AM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:01:23 -0400, "go-bassn"
> sent into the ether:

>Hey Dan buddy, at least try to seperate your posts from the text you're
>replying to - every post you make I have to search for.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Warren

Not sure what you mean Warren. I insert text and when I download it
to my newsreader it is seperate, different colored, without a > in
front of it. Sometimes I put it into the body, sometimes I front post
it and sometimes I back post it.

Doesn't Outlook Express differentiate between original text and new
text?

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Andrew Kidd
September 17th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Hey Dan,
It appears that your text just kinda runs into the rest of the post. I
know what Warren's talking about. You have to search for the one or two
lines out of many that doesn't have a > in front of it, when you insert it
into the body of a post. Maybe if you added a couple spaces above and below
your text, it would make it easier to find your comments. My copy of
Outlook does not pick up any color difference when you post.
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:01:23 -0400, "go-bassn"
> > sent into the ether:
>
>>Hey Dan buddy, at least try to seperate your posts from the text you're
>>replying to - every post you make I have to search for.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Warren
>
> Not sure what you mean Warren. I insert text and when I download it
> to my newsreader it is seperate, different colored, without a > in
> front of it. Sometimes I put it into the body, sometimes I front post
> it and sometimes I back post it.
>
> Doesn't Outlook Express differentiate between original text and new
> text?
>

> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Andrew Kidd
September 17th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Hey Dan,
It appears that your text just kinda runs into the rest of the post. I
know what Warren's talking about. You have to search for the one or two
lines out of many that doesn't have a > in front of it, when you insert it
into the body of a post. Maybe if you added a couple spaces above and below
your text, it would make it easier to find your comments. My copy of
Outlook does not pick up any color difference when you post.
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!
http://www.rofb.net/ - ROFB Newsgroup Home

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:01:23 -0400, "go-bassn"
> > sent into the ether:
>
>>Hey Dan buddy, at least try to seperate your posts from the text you're
>>replying to - every post you make I have to search for.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Warren
>
> Not sure what you mean Warren. I insert text and when I download it
> to my newsreader it is seperate, different colored, without a > in
> front of it. Sometimes I put it into the body, sometimes I front post
> it and sometimes I back post it.
>
> Doesn't Outlook Express differentiate between original text and new
> text?
>

> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 17th, 2004, 12:20 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:03:35 GMT, "Andrew Kidd"
> sent into the ether:

>Hey Dan,
> It appears that your text just kinda runs into the rest of the post. I
>know what Warren's talking about. You have to search for the one or two
>lines out of many that doesn't have a > in front of it, when you insert it
>into the body of a post. Maybe if you added a couple spaces above and below
>your text, it would make it easier to find your comments. My copy of
>Outlook does not pick up any color difference when you post.

Ok, thanks Andrew. That is one reason I use Agent not Outlook. I
never have to search for anyones text as it is easily distingushable
from others through color and >.

I'll try to remember to space a few lines into my replies in the
future. I thought all newsreaders had options for the color of the
replies. Not having that option would drive me nutzer than I already
am.

Thanks

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 17th, 2004, 12:20 PM
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:03:35 GMT, "Andrew Kidd"
> sent into the ether:

>Hey Dan,
> It appears that your text just kinda runs into the rest of the post. I
>know what Warren's talking about. You have to search for the one or two
>lines out of many that doesn't have a > in front of it, when you insert it
>into the body of a post. Maybe if you added a couple spaces above and below
>your text, it would make it easier to find your comments. My copy of
>Outlook does not pick up any color difference when you post.

Ok, thanks Andrew. That is one reason I use Agent not Outlook. I
never have to search for anyones text as it is easily distingushable
from others through color and >.

I'll try to remember to space a few lines into my replies in the
future. I thought all newsreaders had options for the color of the
replies. Not having that option would drive me nutzer than I already
am.

Thanks

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Bob
September 17th, 2004, 10:44 PM
"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
> wrote in message

> future. I thought all newsreaders had options for the color of the
> replies. Not having that option would drive me nutzer than I already
> am.

Dan,

You fish, right?
How could you get any nutzer than that?