PDA

View Full Version : COST OF FISHING LICENSE

tommy
September 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM
What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp. And
now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make it
so the poor man can't fish any more
my 2 cents what's yours?
Tommy

Chris Rennert
September 15th, 2004, 04:07 PM
In Wisconsin , we have $20 for your regular license (little cheaper if you
buy a husband/wife combo meaning it is not $40, but I am not sure what the
price is.)
Also i fish Steelhead, so I need a great lakes stamp which is $10, and I
also fish inland trout a bit so that is another $10, so to fish everywhere
in Wisconsin (for the most part) it would cost me $40.

Chris
"tommy" > wrote in message
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
> And now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license
> is worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license,
> if you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to
> make it so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

pat gustafson
September 15th, 2004, 04:26 PM
In Illinois it's $13 for the license and then it's another $6.50 for
each of the Lake Michigan and Inland Trout stamps.

pat

Chris Rennert wrote:

> In Wisconsin , we have $20 for your regular license (little cheaper if you
> buy a husband/wife combo meaning it is not $40, but I am not sure what the
> price is.)
> Also i fish Steelhead, so I need a great lakes stamp which is $10, and I
> also fish inland trout a bit so that is another $10, so to fish everywhere
> in Wisconsin (for the most part) it would cost me $40.
>
> Chris
> "tommy" > wrote in message
>
>>What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
>>In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
>>freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
>>And now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license
>>is worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license,
>>if you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to
>>make it so the poor man can't fish any more
>>my 2 cents what's yours?
>>Tommy

Illinois Fisherman
September 15th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Compared to the cost of a boat its cheap. Ill - $13.00 for Lic.

Boat sticker for the Chain O'Lakes $64.00 Boat sticker and Gate key for my
local lake $72.00
Membership in my Fishing club $24.00

What do you have to complain about. All you need to do is save $2.00 per
month - 7 cents per day to afford it. Turn off one 100 watt light bulb and
you will have enough money to afford you lic.Heck I spend more than $38.00
in outboard oil per year.

You pay more for your internet connection than $38.00 a year, right!

"tommy" > wrote in message
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
> And now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license
> is worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license,
> if you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to
> make it so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

Chris Rennert
September 15th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I agree, If I see improvements in the habitat, improvements in launch
facilities, improvements anywhere on the water, I don't care about having to
pay $40. I would actually pay a voluntary extra $10 per year if we could
somehow put more Game Wardens out there to patrol the waters.

Chris
"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
. ..
> Compared to the cost of a boat its cheap. Ill - $13.00 for Lic.
>
> Boat sticker for the Chain O'Lakes $64.00 Boat sticker and Gate key for my
> local lake $72.00
> Membership in my Fishing club $24.00
>
> What do you have to complain about. All you need to do is save $2.00 per
> month - 7 cents per day to afford it. Turn off one 100 watt light bulb and
> you will have enough money to afford you lic.Heck I spend more than $38.00
> in outboard oil per year.
>
> You pay more for your internet connection than $38.00 a year, right!
>

> "tommy" > wrote in message
>> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
>> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
>> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
>> And now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing
>> license is worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water
>> license, if you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are
>> trying to make it so the poor man can't fish any more
>> my 2 cents what's yours?
>> Tommy

Chris Rennert
September 15th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I agree, If I see improvements in the habitat, improvements in launch
facilities, improvements anywhere on the water, I don't care about having to
pay $40. I would actually pay a voluntary extra $10 per year if we could
somehow put more Game Wardens out there to patrol the waters.

Chris
"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
. ..
> Compared to the cost of a boat its cheap. Ill - $13.00 for Lic.
>
> Boat sticker for the Chain O'Lakes $64.00 Boat sticker and Gate key for my
> local lake $72.00
> Membership in my Fishing club $24.00
>
> What do you have to complain about. All you need to do is save $2.00 per
> month - 7 cents per day to afford it. Turn off one 100 watt light bulb and
> you will have enough money to afford you lic.Heck I spend more than $38.00
> in outboard oil per year.
>
> You pay more for your internet connection than $38.00 a year, right!
>

> "tommy" > wrote in message
>> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
>> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
>> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
>> And now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing
>> license is worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water
>> license, if you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are
>> trying to make it so the poor man can't fish any more
>> my 2 cents what's yours?
>> Tommy

Charles Summers
September 15th, 2004, 06:20 PM
$28.00 (2005) here in Tennessee, and as long as the money is used for
fishing and small game... I'll pay it without complaining.

"tommy" > wrote in message
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
And
> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
it
> so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

tommy
September 15th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I guess ours is about average then so I guess there is nothing to complain
about our regesteration for our boats depends on the size average from $25
to $60 dollars for a 2 year tag we haven't been hit with a tag to fish
certain lakes yet so be quite about that so they don't hear you and get any
ideas ,I guess I can't really complain much it tears up $100 BILL when I
fill up for a weekend run
thanks for the replys I was just curious.
tommy

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> $28.00 (2005) here in Tennessee, and as long as the money is used for
> fishing and small game... I'll pay it without complaining.
>

> "tommy" > wrote in message
>> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
>> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
>> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
> And
>> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
>> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license,
>> if
>> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
> it
>> so the poor man can't fish any more
>> my 2 cents what's yours?
>> Tommy

alwaysfishking
September 15th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Charging for sal****er fishing...what a shame.

"tommy" > wrote in message
> I guess ours is about average then so I guess there is nothing to complain
> about our regesteration for our boats depends on the size average from $25
> to $60 dollars for a 2 year tag we haven't been hit with a tag to fish
> certain lakes yet so be quite about that so they don't hear you and get
any
> ideas ,I guess I can't really complain much it tears up $100 BILL when I
> fill up for a weekend run
> thanks for the replys I was just curious.
> tommy
>

> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > $28.00 (2005) here in Tennessee, and as long as the money is used for
> > fishing and small game... I'll pay it without complaining.
> >

> > "tommy" > wrote in message
> >> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> >> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> >> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er
stamp.
> > And
> >> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license
is
> >> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license,
> >> if
> >> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to
make
> > it
> >> so the poor man can't fish any more
> >> my 2 cents what's yours?
> >> Tommy

Budd Cochran
September 15th, 2004, 07:27 PM
$26 plus a second rod stamp ($10, iirc) which can only be used on certain
waters, and there's a S.A.R. surcharge for an "insurance" for when you get
yourself lost in the desert here in Utah.

Budd

"tommy" > wrote in message
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
And
> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
it
> so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

SimRacer
September 15th, 2004, 08:45 PM
"tommy" > wrote in message
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
And
> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
it
> so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

Current NC resident cost to fish for a year, is $15.

Apparently, we are getting a new requirement for a sal****er licensing
starting in 05 or 06, which will be a first for us. We never needed a
license to fish the sal****er before now. We don't even have a cost on that
yet that I know of, but I am somewhat out of the loop. My dad gave me a
Lifetime Sportman's License when I was 12, so I haven't had to buy anything
in almost 25 years...well, I would've had to buy the Fed Duck stamp were I a
duck hunter, but I ain't, so I haven't had to.

Also, you're not required to hold a freshwater license to fish in NC if a)
you're a fulltime 'permanent' NC resident or military stationed in NC, b)
you're fishing in the county that you reside in and c) you aren't using
artificial bait.

SimRacer
September 15th, 2004, 08:45 PM
"tommy" > wrote in message
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
And
> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
it
> so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

Current NC resident cost to fish for a year, is $15.

Apparently, we are getting a new requirement for a sal****er licensing
starting in 05 or 06, which will be a first for us. We never needed a
license to fish the sal****er before now. We don't even have a cost on that
yet that I know of, but I am somewhat out of the loop. My dad gave me a
Lifetime Sportman's License when I was 12, so I haven't had to buy anything
in almost 25 years...well, I would've had to buy the Fed Duck stamp were I a
duck hunter, but I ain't, so I haven't had to.

Also, you're not required to hold a freshwater license to fish in NC if a)
you're a fulltime 'permanent' NC resident or military stationed in NC, b)
you're fishing in the county that you reside in and c) you aren't using
artificial bait.

Huck Palmatier
September 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM
....for the Commonwealth of Virginia
Freshwater: Valid from date of purchace until 31Dec. Not prorated, and
there's a $ . 50 "issuing fee" for each.
To fish in county or city of residence* 5.00
To fish statewide* 12.00
To fish statewide for 5 consecutive days (not valid in designated stocked
waters) 5.00
To fish in designated stocked trout waters (This license required in
addition to other resident licenses if fishing in these waters) 12.00
65 and over license to fish* 1.00
Totally and permanently disabled resident special lifetime license*, only
available through Richmond office 5.00
Service-connected totally and permanently Disabled Veteran resident lifetime
license* to hunt and freshwater fish (available only through Richmond
Office) 5.00
Nonresident Fees

To fish statewide ** 30.00

To fish statewide for 5 consecutive days ** 6.00

To fish in designated stocked trout waters (This license required in
addition to other resident licenses if fishing in these waters) 30.00

Nonresident special lifetime license to fish ** available only through
Richmond office 500.00

Nonresident special lifetime trout license to fish in designated stocked
trout waters, (A valid nonresident fishing license is also required);
available only through Richmond office 500.00

Each municipality/county may also charge for misc, decals and personal
property tax. For example, the City of Norfolk levies a personal property
tax on all pleasure boats including sail boats, motor boats, and other
non-commercial watercraft. The tax rate is based on the ABOS Marine Blue
Book low estimated trade-in value at the rate of $0.01 per $100.00. The
City of Norfolk also requires all pleasure boat owners to display a boat
decal on their watercraft. <16' =$10 and 16'+ =$25.

.................additionally a Resident Coastal Sal****er license costs
$7.50., and my "non-resident" NC license costs $30 (good for a full year
from date of purchace).

[...]

Henry Hefner
September 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM
SimRacer wrote:
> "tommy" > wrote in message
>
>>What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
>>In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
>>freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
>
> And
>
>>now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
>>worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
>>you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
>
> it
>
>>so the poor man can't fish any more
>>my 2 cents what's yours?
>>Tommy
>>

> Current NC resident cost to fish for a year, is $15.
>
> Apparently, we are getting a new requirement for a sal****er licensing
> starting in 05 or 06, which will be a first for us. We never needed a
> license to fish the sal****er before now. We don't even have a cost on that
> yet that I know of, but I am somewhat out of the loop. My dad gave me a
> Lifetime Sportman's License when I was 12, so I haven't had to buy anything
> in almost 25 years...well, I would've had to buy the Fed Duck stamp were I a
> duck hunter, but I ain't, so I haven't had to.
>
> Also, you're not required to hold a freshwater license to fish in NC if a)
> you're a fulltime 'permanent' NC resident or military stationed in NC, b)
> you're fishing in the county that you reside in and c) you aren't using
> artificial bait.

When I was younger, Texas didn't require a license if you were fishing
in your home county with a cane pole(no reel). And a license was only
about 15 bucks. Now if a poor man wants to catch some bream to feed his
family he has to buy a $28 license.

Henry Hefner
September 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM
SimRacer wrote:
> "tommy" > wrote in message
>
>>What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
>>In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
>>freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.
>
> And
>
>>now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
>>worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
>>you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make
>
> it
>
>>so the poor man can't fish any more
>>my 2 cents what's yours?
>>Tommy
>>

> Current NC resident cost to fish for a year, is $15.
>
> Apparently, we are getting a new requirement for a sal****er licensing
> starting in 05 or 06, which will be a first for us. We never needed a
> license to fish the sal****er before now. We don't even have a cost on that
> yet that I know of, but I am somewhat out of the loop. My dad gave me a
> Lifetime Sportman's License when I was 12, so I haven't had to buy anything
> in almost 25 years...well, I would've had to buy the Fed Duck stamp were I a
> duck hunter, but I ain't, so I haven't had to.
>
> Also, you're not required to hold a freshwater license to fish in NC if a)
> you're a fulltime 'permanent' NC resident or military stationed in NC, b)
> you're fishing in the county that you reside in and c) you aren't using
> artificial bait.

When I was younger, Texas didn't require a license if you were fishing
in your home county with a cane pole(no reel). And a license was only
about 15 bucks. Now if a poor man wants to catch some bream to feed his
family he has to buy a $28 license.

Rich Pierro
September 16th, 2004, 12:32 AM
$21.50 and $15 for a trout stamp here in NJ. Sal****er is free, but not for
much longer I think.

Rich P

"Huck Palmatier" > wrote in message
> [...]

> Richmond office 500.00
>
> Nonresident special lifetime trout license to fish in designated stocked
> trout waters, (A valid nonresident fishing license is also required);
> available only through Richmond office 500.00
>
> Each municipality/county may also charge for misc, decals and personal
> property tax. For example, the City of Norfolk levies a personal property
> tax on all pleasure boats including sail boats, motor boats, and other
> non-commercial watercraft. The tax rate is based on the ABOS Marine Blue
> Book low estimated trade-in value at the rate of $0.01 per $100.00. The
> City of Norfolk also requires all pleasure boat owners to display a boat
> decal on their watercraft. <16' =$10 and 16'+ =$25.
>
> ................additionally a Resident Coastal Sal****er license costs
> $7.50., and my "non-resident" NC license costs $30 (good for a full year

John C. French
September 16th, 2004, 01:03 AM
$19 annually here in NY. $350.00 Lifetime license I believe. Non resident
Canadian License is $53.00 Can. Funds (and well worth it).

John C. French
"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
> [...]

> > trout waters, (A valid nonresident fishing license is also required);
> > available only through Richmond office 500.00
> >
> > Each municipality/county may also charge for misc, decals and personal
> > property tax. For example, the City of Norfolk levies a personal
property
> > tax on all pleasure boats including sail boats, motor boats, and other
> > non-commercial watercraft. The tax rate is based on the ABOS Marine
Blue
> > Book low estimated trade-in value at the rate of $0.01 per $100.00. The
> > City of Norfolk also requires all pleasure boat owners to display a boat
> > decal on their watercraft. <16' =$10 and 16'+ =$25.
> >
> > ................additionally a Resident Coastal Sal****er license costs
> > $7.50., and my "non-resident" NC license costs $30 (good for a full year

Dan Krueger
September 16th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I think I paid about $120 for a 5-year fresh/salt license here in FL. Now that
you mention it, I need to check that expiration date!

As others have said, this money is generally directed to the right place -
conservation. I pay an extra $20 or so for each of my cars for the fishing
plates for the same reason. I haven't audited their budget, but I still don't
consider these costs to be a "rip off".

Dan

tommy wrote:
> What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
> In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
> freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp. And
> now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
> worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
> you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make it
> so the poor man can't fish any more
> my 2 cents what's yours?
> Tommy

Christopher P. Cericola
September 16th, 2004, 07:22 PM
"Rich Pierro" > wrote in message
< $21.50 and $15 for a trout stamp here in NJ. Sal****er is free, but not
for much longer I think. >

$22.50 and $10.50 for the trout stamp..not too bad. I thought the local
bait shop said next year they'd be charging for sal****er, but I could've
misheard him..

Christopher

RichZ
September 17th, 2004, 02:05 AM
As originally posted in the wrong thread...

CT is 15 bucks for a resident license, but that would be like buying a
license for one county in Texas. Fresh water only, no license needed in SW
up here.

But I also have to buy (at a minimum) VT (38 bucks, I seem to recall) and
NY ($40) to fish the waters I fish every season.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
September 17th, 2004, 02:05 AM
As originally posted in the wrong thread...

CT is 15 bucks for a resident license, but that would be like buying a
license for one county in Texas. Fresh water only, no license needed in SW
up here.

But I also have to buy (at a minimum) VT (38 bucks, I seem to recall) and
NY ($40) to fish the waters I fish every season.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

September 17th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Here in Michigan it's $14.00 & another $13.00 for trout & salmon

September 17th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Here in Michigan it's $14.00 & another $13.00 for trout & salmon

Lure builder
September 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM
It's a nominal amount (about $20.) here but the good thing about it is it is
transferable. No picture id required.

Lure builder
September 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM
It's a nominal amount (about $20.) here but the good thing about it is it is
transferable. No picture id required.

Larry Runkle
September 19th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Sounds like we got it good here in Arkansas. It's only $10.50 for the
fishing lic. and $5.00 for a trout stamp

Larry

Larry Runkle
September 19th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Sounds like we got it good here in Arkansas. It's only $10.50 for the
fishing lic. and $5.00 for a trout stamp

Larry

Sarge
September 19th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Louisiana license cost

Resident Basic Fishing $9.50 Required to fish in fresh water
Resident Sal****er Fishing $5.50 Required to take sal****er species must
also buy Resident Basic Fishing
Resident Hook & Line $2.50 For use with hook & line, rod with no reel, and
no artificial bait
Resident Military Hunt/Fish $5.00 La. Driver's License and Active Military
I.D trquired.

Other combination licenses

Resident LA. Sportsman's Paradise $100.00 Includes Basic Fishing, Sal****er
Fishing, Basic Hunting, Big Game, Bow, Muzzleloader, Duck, Turkey,
Recreational Gear, WMA Hunting

Wild LA.Annual $5.00Required for non-comsumptive users to access a Wildlife
Mangement Area if the customer does not have a hunting or fishing license.

Wild LA.1-day$2.00

Canada Goose Permit $5.00 Required to hunt Canada Goose (all ages)Basic
hunting, non-resident hunting season/trip, lifetime hunting, senior
hunt/fish or sportsman's paradise

WMA Hunting Permit $15.00 Required to hunt on Wildlife Mangement Area Age
18-60

HIP Certification FREE Required to hunt migratory birds (FEDERAL)

Senior Hunting / Fishing $5.00Required to hunt or fishMust reach age 60 on
6/1/2000 or later.

Resident Military Hunt/Fish $5.00Active Military I.D. / Must meet residency
requirements

Lifetime license vary in prices from $200 to $ depending on age and if it is
good for fishing or hunting or both.

Senior Fish/Hunt License: Any resident who turned sixty (60) years of age on
or after June 1, 2000 shall be required to obtain a senior hunting and
fishing license. This license shall be in lieu of basic hunting, big game,
bow, muzzleloader, waterfowl and turkey hunting licenses; and, basic fishing
and sal****er fishing licenses.
Residentsand non-residents who fish from a charter vessel in sal****er areas
of the state, with a licensed guide on board at all times, may possess a
Non-Resident Charter Passenger License at a cost of $5.00 that is valid for
3 consecutive days.
Resident veterans having a permanent service-connected disability
classification of 50 percent or more and residents who are blind, paraplegic
or multiple amputee shall upon identification and proof of disability
satisfactory to the department, be issued sports hunting and fishing
licenses without the payment of any fees. Contact Sports License at
(225)765-2887 for required forms.
A resident who is totally and permanently disabled and receiving Social
Security Disability Benefits may purchase a basic recreational fishing
license for a fee of $2.50 and a sal****er license for a fee of $2.50. This
license can be purchased only through the Department office in Baton Rouge.
Applicants must submit a recent disability award letter stating that the
applicant is receiving federal social security disability benefits along
with a copy of his current Louisiana Driver's License. Contact Sports
License at (225)765-2887 for additional information.

A resident who is required to use one or more artificial limbs or permanent
braces for mobility or a single amputee, upon identification and proof of
disability satisfactory to the Department, shall be issued a basic
recreational fishing license and sal****er license without payment of any
fees. License can only be obtained through the Department's office in Baton
Rouge. Contact Sports License at (225) 765-2887 to acquire forms.
Mobility impaired persons, as defined in R.S. 47:463.4(E), that are bona
fide residents of Louisiana and over 60 years of age may use one legal slat
trap and/or one hoop net not greater than eighteen feet by eight feet for
the purpose of catching catfish for home consumption. There shall be no gear
fee or license charge and all persons must be in possession of valid
identification.