PDA

View Full Version : reels

Gone Angling
December 7th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Bob La Londe
December 7th, 2003, 02:39 AM
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Find what you want, make a bid.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Dan Krueger
December 7th, 2003, 02:40 AM
Sure. You can't return them to Wal*Mart.

Gone AnAling wrote:

> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

SHREDİ
December 7th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Gone Angling wrote:
> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Check seller's "Feedback" section.

Henry Hefner
December 7th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Ebay purchacing can be a risky thing. I am not saying not to try it,
just be careful. I would hesitate to buy from anyone with bad feedback
or a new user with little feedback. Between my family and me, we have
probably made 3 or 4 dozen purchases off ebay and only been stiffed
once, but I would hate to get stiffed on a high dollar item. Remember to
see how much they want for shipping and handling before you bid, I've
seen $25 shipping charges on a $10 item the size of a notebook.
Personally, If I can't save a LOT of money on the deal, I won't take the
risk on a stranger miles away.

Gone Angling wrote:
> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

J Buck
December 7th, 2003, 04:56 AM
<Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?>

Be careful. A friend of mine got pooched on a 1000 dollar piece of video
gear. Seller had good feedback references, too.
Because the crook was in Canada and my pal was here in Maine, he had to
go thru mucho red tape to get it investigated, all for naught. 10
C-notes gone with the wind.

Emilou
December 7th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Don't buy on Ebay!
Go to a local shop,Canadian Tire ,or Wal Mart & look at their offerings!
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Marty
December 7th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Gone Angling > wrote in message
> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

I just made my first purchase on eBay, a used spinning reel. It has a
problem which is not consistent with its description of being in excellent
condition. I'm not sure what to do if anything. The guy who sold it is a
dealer with an excellent rating. I'm almost positive he did not use the reel
and did not know about the problem. I'll probably keep it, as it does work,
it's just a little annoying.

SHREDİ
December 7th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Emilou wrote:
> Don't buy on Ebay!
> Go to a local shop,Canadian Tire ,or Wal Mart & look at their
> offerings! "Gone Angling" > wrote in message
>> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Here are some of the deals I've got recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=384&item=3641705282

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=384&item=3639463877

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7300&item=3639270441

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=384&item=3637202164

Crownliner
December 7th, 2003, 06:39 PM
for the best deals on ebay, keep an eye on the seller cchrmn and his
auctions. he is a friend of mine who is honest as the day is long and has
lots of good stuff. he buys closeout and display reels and will not sell
you junk.

i also sell under the name bassngear, but am lazy and afflicted with the
disease of rather going fishing than working so i have stuff on very rarely.

sorry if this is appears as a commercial and deemed offensive by anyone. i
just know clete is an honest seller and wont cheat anyone.

crownliner
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Richard Liebert
December 7th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I find the prices for new or nearly new fishing equipment on eBay are
usually so close to retail, I don't bother.

"Crownliner" > wrote in message
> for the best deals on ebay, keep an eye on the seller cchrmn and his
> auctions. he is a friend of mine who is honest as the day is long and has
> lots of good stuff. he buys closeout and display reels and will not sell
> you junk.
>
> i also sell under the name bassngear, but am lazy and afflicted with the
> disease of rather going fishing than working so i have stuff on very
rarely.

> sorry if this is appears as a commercial and deemed offensive by anyone.
> just know clete is an honest seller and wont cheat anyone.
>
> crownliner
> "Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> > Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Josh
December 7th, 2003, 11:09 PM
G . A. The best advice I can think of is "Caveat Emptor". Or as the
ancients used to say . . . "Let the buyer beware". I've purchased several
things on ebay and have never been offed, but I've always talked to the
seller before I traded cash for an item. So far so good. Good luck.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

MMccoy01
December 8th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Use ONLY a credit card to make purchases. Even with Paypal use a credit card
instead of paypal funds or a bank transfer. That way, all you have to do is
call the issuing bank and contest the charges. If the seller can't prove the
item was shipped, then you don't have to pay. If you received the item and it
was not as described, return it by insured mail and dispute the charges with
your credit card company.
Mark McCoy<br>
McCoy's Market Bumpus Mills, Tennessee<br>
http://www.mccoysmarket.com

RGarri7470
December 9th, 2003, 03:09 AM
>Even with Paypal use a credit card
>instead of paypal funds or a bank transfer.That way, all you have to do is
call the issuing bank and contest the charges.

I recently had a problem when buying something and paying paypal with a Master
Card. Master Card said since I paid paypal there was nothing they would do.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Chris Rennert
December 9th, 2003, 05:16 PM
I bought a couple Curados on Ebay and was very satisfied with them. I
actually have never reallyed got hosed on Ebay (knock on wood) to date.

Chris