PDA

View Full Version : The Hudson vs Warren Wolk

Chris Rennert
September 17th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Good Luck Warren!

Chris

go-bassn
September 20th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Thanks Chris, it was an interesting one. More like Ivan vs Tri-State
Bassmasters, since I never actually made a cast into the Hudson proper.

I actually threw in my 2 cents at the ramp on Saturday morning that I was
all up for at least delaying Day 1. After all, rain was blowing sideways,
winds were blowing a stead 25-30, gusting up to 45 or so. There were 4
footers crashing the planned ramp on the main river, so launching there was
out of the question. We decided to launch in Rondout Creek.

2nd worst weather I ever fished in, only to the Oneida BASS Open last year.
I actually ran down to the wrecks RichZ turned me on to, but never bothered
fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".

To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2 LM
and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something after
Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard that
they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; I
was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.

So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
tourney!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
. ..
> Good Luck Warren!
>
> Chris

go-bassn
September 20th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Thanks Chris, it was an interesting one. More like Ivan vs Tri-State
Bassmasters, since I never actually made a cast into the Hudson proper.

I actually threw in my 2 cents at the ramp on Saturday morning that I was
all up for at least delaying Day 1. After all, rain was blowing sideways,
winds were blowing a stead 25-30, gusting up to 45 or so. There were 4
footers crashing the planned ramp on the main river, so launching there was
out of the question. We decided to launch in Rondout Creek.

2nd worst weather I ever fished in, only to the Oneida BASS Open last year.
I actually ran down to the wrecks RichZ turned me on to, but never bothered
fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".

To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2 LM
and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something after
Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard that
they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; I
was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.

So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
tourney!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
. ..
> Good Luck Warren!
>
> Chris

Joe Haubenreich
September 20th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Way to go, Warren! The storm moved up faster than I had predicted and
slammed your area exactly at the wrong time. Did you find water out of the
wind or just ride the bucking waves?

Joe
____________
"go-bassn" > wrote in message

<snip> Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; <snip>
Warren

"go-bassn" > wrote in message

<snip> Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; <snip>
Warren

"Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
. ..
> Good Luck Warren!
>
> Chris

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 20th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Good to hear you did good.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:42:23 -0400, "go-bassn"
> sent into the ether:

>Thanks Chris, it was an interesting one. More like Ivan vs Tri-State
>Bassmasters, since I never actually made a cast into the Hudson proper.
>
>I actually threw in my 2 cents at the ramp on Saturday morning that I was
>all up for at least delaying Day 1. After all, rain was blowing sideways,
>winds were blowing a stead 25-30, gusting up to 45 or so. There were 4
>footers crashing the planned ramp on the main river, so launching there was
>out of the question. We decided to launch in Rondout Creek.
>
>2nd worst weather I ever fished in, only to the Oneida BASS Open last year.
>I actually ran down to the wrecks RichZ turned me on to, but never bothered
>fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".
>
>To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2 LM
>and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something after
>Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard that
>they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; I
>was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.
>
>So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
>tourney!
>
>Warren

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
September 20th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Good to hear you did good.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:42:23 -0400, "go-bassn"
> sent into the ether:

>Thanks Chris, it was an interesting one. More like Ivan vs Tri-State
>Bassmasters, since I never actually made a cast into the Hudson proper.
>
>I actually threw in my 2 cents at the ramp on Saturday morning that I was
>all up for at least delaying Day 1. After all, rain was blowing sideways,
>winds were blowing a stead 25-30, gusting up to 45 or so. There were 4
>footers crashing the planned ramp on the main river, so launching there was
>out of the question. We decided to launch in Rondout Creek.
>
>2nd worst weather I ever fished in, only to the Oneida BASS Open last year.
>I actually ran down to the wrecks RichZ turned me on to, but never bothered
>fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".
>
>To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2 LM
>and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something after
>Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard that
>they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; I
>was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.
>
>So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
>tourney!
>
>Warren

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Chris Rennert
September 20th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Warren,

Congratulations man, I did not fish the tournament this weekend. My boat is
still not running right, plus my partner from Kalamazoo would have had to
drive down very early Sunday morning, (like 1 or 2 am ) and then turn around
and drive home right after the tourney and then work at 7am Monday morning.
Plus money was tighter than anticipated because of my boat repairs, so I
just took my wife fishing Saturday and fished by myself in the morning on
Sunday (really just to torture myself with seeing the boats go by). I
Posted pictures from Saturday and Sunday on ABPF.
Again congratulations!

Chris

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Thanks Chris, it was an interesting one. More like Ivan vs Tri-State
> Bassmasters, since I never actually made a cast into the Hudson proper.
>
> I actually threw in my 2 cents at the ramp on Saturday morning that I was
> all up for at least delaying Day 1. After all, rain was blowing sideways,
> winds were blowing a stead 25-30, gusting up to 45 or so. There were 4
> footers crashing the planned ramp on the main river, so launching there
> was
> out of the question. We decided to launch in Rondout Creek.
>
> 2nd worst weather I ever fished in, only to the Oneida BASS Open last
> year.
> I actually ran down to the wrecks RichZ turned me on to, but never
> bothered
> fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".
>
> To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2 LM
> and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something after
> Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard
> that
> they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object;
> was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.
>
> So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
> tourney!
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Good Luck Warren!
>>
>> Chris

go-bassn
September 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM
We were all forced to "hide" in a creek all day Joe, as the main river
bordered on unfishable. I ran out to one spot out there bud decided not to
even try it. The creek didn't offer much shelter from the wind & rain
either, but at least it was fishable. Luckily it hada few resident bass
too, as the creek pattern up there doesn't usually heat up until the water
cools down.

Warren

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Way to go, Warren! The storm moved up faster than I had predicted and
> slammed your area exactly at the wrong time. Did you find water out of the
> wind or just ride the bucking waves?
>
> Joe
> ____________
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>
> <snip> Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; <snip>
> Warren
>

> "Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Good Luck Warren!
> >
> > Chris

go-bassn
September 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM
We were all forced to "hide" in a creek all day Joe, as the main river
bordered on unfishable. I ran out to one spot out there bud decided not to
even try it. The creek didn't offer much shelter from the wind & rain
either, but at least it was fishable. Luckily it hada few resident bass
too, as the creek pattern up there doesn't usually heat up until the water
cools down.

Warren

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Way to go, Warren! The storm moved up faster than I had predicted and
> slammed your area exactly at the wrong time. Did you find water out of the
> wind or just ride the bucking waves?
>
> Joe
> ____________
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>
> <snip> Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't object; <snip>
> Warren
>

> "Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Good Luck Warren!
> >
> > Chris

go-bassn
September 20th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks Dan & Chris, sorry you had to disappoint Kevin Van Dam. Musta bummed
him out eh Chris?

Warren

> [...]

> > bothered
> > fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".
> >
> > To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2
LM
> > and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something after
> > Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard
> > that
> > they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't
object;
> > was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.
> >
> > So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
> > tourney!
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Chris Rennert
September 20th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Ya know Warren, KVD is resilient, and he will recover eventually, A little
TLC and he will be fired up for the B.A.S.S tour.

Haha, for things like that to be true, it would be nice :-D. One day
hopefully.

Chris

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Thanks Dan & Chris, sorry you had to disappoint Kevin Van Dam. Musta
> bummed
> him out eh Chris?
>
> Warren
>
> "Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Warren,
>>
>> Congratulations man, I did not fish the tournament this weekend. My boat
> is
>> still not running right, plus my partner from Kalamazoo would have had to
>> drive down very early Sunday morning, (like 1 or 2 am ) and then turn
> around
>> and drive home right after the tourney and then work at 7am Monday
> morning.
>> Plus money was tighter than anticipated because of my boat repairs, so I
>> just took my wife fishing Saturday and fished by myself in the morning on
>> Sunday (really just to torture myself with seeing the boats go by). I
>> Posted pictures from Saturday and Sunday on ABPF.
>> Again congratulations!
>>
>> Chris
>> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> > Thanks Chris, it was an interesting one. More like Ivan vs Tri-State
>> > Bassmasters, since I never actually made a cast into the Hudson proper.
>> >
>> > I actually threw in my 2 cents at the ramp on Saturday morning that I
> was
>> > all up for at least delaying Day 1. After all, rain was blowing
> sideways,
>> > winds were blowing a stead 25-30, gusting up to 45 or so. There were 4
>> > footers crashing the planned ramp on the main river, so launching there
>> > was
>> > out of the question. We decided to launch in Rondout Creek.
>> >
>> > 2nd worst weather I ever fished in, only to the Oneida BASS Open last
>> > year.
>> > I actually ran down to the wrecks RichZ turned me on to, but never
>> > bothered
>> > fropping my trolling motor. It was worse than "snotty".
>> >
>> > To make a long story short I caught 3 fish on Saturday, including a 4-2
> LM
>> > and a rat SM & a rat LM. I was leading by about 1.5# or something
>> > after
>> > Saturday & only 5 guys had fish. Sunday morning it was blowing so hard
>> > that
>> > they called it off. Being in 1st place & holding lunker I didn't
> object;
>> > was home at 11 am & took my daughter out. The day here was awesome.
>> >
>> > So the Boom Lake jinx is off, at least for now. Hope you fished that
>> > tourney!
>> >
>> > Warren
>> > --
>> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
>> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>> >

>> > "Chris Rennert" > wrote in message
>> > . ..

RichZ
September 21st, 2004, 01:51 AM
Congrats on the win, Warren. A win is a win is a win. Tough conditions and
you managed to stay focused. Even taking a run out to Port Ewen under the
conditions you faced was more than I'd have been able to muster. Well,
maybe when I was a young pup like you I'd've tried it.<G>

Anyway, you know where I was this weekend. There were 3, two day club
tourneys going on there as well, and even though the fishing was better
than what you guys found, two of them cancelled their 2nd day as well.

Oddly enough, the conditions weren't quite as bad on Sunday -- although the
fishing wasn't as good.

I hope the day you spent not catching fish with me in the creek a couple
years back did some good this weekend.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

[...]

September 21st, 2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks Rich, and YES, your guided trip of that creek paid off, kinda. I
went to one spot we fished, by the two restaurants, and hooked a big bass on
my 1st pitch in there. I was using a big tune & some 4/0 hooks I bought
recently. I noticed a fine layer of rust on them but used one anyway.
Well, what I didn't realize was that all the barbs on those hooks were
practically dust. I eased up for 1 second on that 4-5#er & the hook slid
right out. Oh well, lesson learned. The we didn't fish the spots I caught
my 3 keepers, but I'll be glad to tell you about them & another spot.

Privately, of course ;-)

Warren
--

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Congrats on the win, Warren. A win is a win is a win. Tough conditions and
> you managed to stay focused. Even taking a run out to Port Ewen under the
> conditions you faced was more than I'd have been able to muster. Well,
> maybe when I was a young pup like you I'd've tried it.<G>
>
> Anyway, you know where I was this weekend. There were 3, two day club
> tourneys going on there as well, and even though the fishing was better
> than what you guys found, two of them cancelled their 2nd day as well.
>
> Oddly enough, the conditions weren't quite as bad on Sunday -- although
the
> fishing wasn't as good.
>
> I hope the day you spent not catching fish with me in the creek a couple
> years back did some good this weekend.
>

> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

go-bassn
September 22nd, 2004, 04:37 PM
I talked to a few ABA guys who prefished at Port Ewen last week. To quote
one "you wouldn't believe how many bass were on those wrecks..."

Too bad I never got to wet a line there.

Warren