PDA

View Full Version : Machete - Motorguide / Minn Kota ???

Bob La Londe
December 9th, 2003, 03:16 PM
I have seen the Motor Guide Machete. My partner, Hammer, uses it on his
Motorguide. It seems to be a very good weedless design. The big thing
though is that Hammer sharpens the blades on his, and it really cuts through
the weeds. I was very impressed with it.

I really like the blade, and the idea. Unfortunatley, I can't find one for
my Minn Kota. I'm not about to sell my new Minn Kota Maxxum and buy a Motor
Guide to take advantage of this.

I do have a MotorGuide 76# that I had reapired and keep as a spare, but I
doubt I will put it back on my Baker unless the Minn Kota fails. I like the
control of the Minn Kota better.

I did recently order a 16' Waco jon boat for shallow backwater running. I
might put the Motor Guide on that, but I woould really like a Machete style
prop for my Minn Kota.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Charles B. Summers
December 9th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Get'cher file and sharpen the blades on the Minn Kota blade.

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I have seen the Motor Guide Machete. My partner, Hammer, uses it on his
> Motorguide. It seems to be a very good weedless design. The big thing
> though is that Hammer sharpens the blades on his, and it really cuts
through
> the weeds. I was very impressed with it.
>
> I really like the blade, and the idea. Unfortunatley, I can't find one
for
> my Minn Kota. I'm not about to sell my new Minn Kota Maxxum and buy a
Motor
> Guide to take advantage of this.
>
> I do have a MotorGuide 76# that I had reapired and keep as a spare, but I
> doubt I will put it back on my Baker unless the Minn Kota fails. I like
the
> control of the Minn Kota better.
>
> I did recently order a 16' Waco jon boat for shallow backwater running. I
> might put the Motor Guide on that, but I woould really like a Machete
style
> prop for my Minn Kota.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe
> Yuma, Az
> http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> Simply add it to our index page.
> No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Bob La Londe
December 9th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Its a plastic blade. Although I plan to if I can't find an aluminum blade
for it.

--
The Security Consultant
http://www.diycomponents.com

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
message ...
> Get'cher file and sharpen the blades on the Minn Kota blade.
>

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > I have seen the Motor Guide Machete. My partner, Hammer, uses it on his
> > Motorguide. It seems to be a very good weedless design. The big thing
> > though is that Hammer sharpens the blades on his, and it really cuts
> through
> > the weeds. I was very impressed with it.
> >
> > I really like the blade, and the idea. Unfortunatley, I can't find one
> for
> > my Minn Kota. I'm not about to sell my new Minn Kota Maxxum and buy a
> Motor
> > Guide to take advantage of this.
> >
> > I do have a MotorGuide 76# that I had reapired and keep as a spare, but
> > doubt I will put it back on my Baker unless the Minn Kota fails. I like
> the
> > control of the Minn Kota better.
> >
> > I did recently order a 16' Waco jon boat for shallow backwater running.
> > might put the Motor Guide on that, but I woould really like a Machete
> style
> > prop for my Minn Kota.
> >

> > --
> > Bob La Londe
> > Yuma, Az
> > http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> > Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> > Simply add it to our index page.
> > No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Charles B. Summers
December 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
I've always filed my plastic blades... mostly out of having to knock the
roughness off from where I try to beat up rocks. I didn't look at what kind
of blade you mentioned earlier, so I wasn't thinking metal anyway. I doubt
that a metal blade would last too long around here.

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
s.com...
> Its a plastic blade. Although I plan to if I can't find an aluminum blade
> for it.
>
> --
> The Security Consultant
> http://www.diycomponents.com
> Bob La Londe - Owner
> 849 S Ave C
> Yuma, Az 85364
>
> (928)782-9765 ofc
> (928)782-7873 fax
>

> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > Get'cher file and sharpen the blades on the Minn Kota blade.
> >

> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > I have seen the Motor Guide Machete. My partner, Hammer, uses it on
his
> > > Motorguide. It seems to be a very good weedless design. The big
thing
> > > though is that Hammer sharpens the blades on his, and it really cuts
> > through
> > > the weeds. I was very impressed with it.
> > >
> > > I really like the blade, and the idea. Unfortunatley, I can't find
one
> > for
> > > my Minn Kota. I'm not about to sell my new Minn Kota Maxxum and buy a
> > Motor
> > > Guide to take advantage of this.
> > >
> > > I do have a MotorGuide 76# that I had reapired and keep as a spare,
but
> > > doubt I will put it back on my Baker unless the Minn Kota fails. I
like
> > the
> > > control of the Minn Kota better.
> > >
> > > I did recently order a 16' Waco jon boat for shallow backwater
running.
> > > might put the Motor Guide on that, but I woould really like a Machete
> > style
> > > prop for my Minn Kota.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bob La Londe
> > > Yuma, Az
> > > http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> > > Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> > > Simply add it to our index page.
> > > No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Andrew Kidd
December 9th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Bob,
I have seen a trolling motor blade somewhere that had a mod done to it
to add a couple of serrated steak knife blades attached as the leading edge
of the motor prop. It looked like a pretty good idea, but would need to be
done on a spare prop. I imagine you could figure out a way to grind a small
area flat on the blade, then screw or rivet the blade onto that flat. I
could see a good use for this in several of the lakes I fish. It'd be nice
to have them removable to make sharpening easier...
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I have seen the Motor Guide Machete. My partner, Hammer, uses it on his
> Motorguide. It seems to be a very good weedless design. The big thing
> though is that Hammer sharpens the blades on his, and it really cuts
through
> the weeds. I was very impressed with it.
>
> I really like the blade, and the idea. Unfortunatley, I can't find one
for
> my Minn Kota. I'm not about to sell my new Minn Kota Maxxum and buy a
Motor
> Guide to take advantage of this.
>
> I do have a MotorGuide 76# that I had reapired and keep as a spare, but I
> doubt I will put it back on my Baker unless the Minn Kota fails. I like
the
> control of the Minn Kota better.
>
> I did recently order a 16' Waco jon boat for shallow backwater running. I
> might put the Motor Guide on that, but I woould really like a Machete
style
> prop for my Minn Kota.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe
> Yuma, Az
> http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> Simply add it to our index page.
> No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Charles B. Summers
December 9th, 2003, 10:36 PM
It would also leave a nice chum trail if you came across a school of
minnows...