PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

go-bassn
September 21st, 2004, 07:54 AM
OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's wrong
with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive club in
my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.

Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?

I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Sarge
September 21st, 2004, 08:54 AM
"go-bassn" wrote in message Where can I send to have them fixed &
reconditioned? Got a link?

Try http://southwesternparts.com/frames.asp

Sarge

Sarge
September 21st, 2004, 08:54 AM
"go-bassn" wrote in message Where can I send to have them fixed &
reconditioned? Got a link?

Try http://southwesternparts.com/frames.asp

Sarge

Brad Coovert
September 21st, 2004, 12:22 PM
Send the Shimanos here:

http://www.lakeforktacklerepair.com/
Connie is one the best there is on Shimano repairs.

OR here:

http://www.buckcreekrodandreel.com/Main.htm

You can put the Daiwas out on the curb. ;-)

Actually, both can work on the Daiwas too.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

[...]

RichZ
September 21st, 2004, 12:27 PM
Warren,

You can keep 'em fairly close to home:

http://www.susquehannafishingtackle.com/repair/repair.htm

Or you could try:

http://www.heartlandtackleservice.com

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RichZ
September 21st, 2004, 12:27 PM
Warren,

You can keep 'em fairly close to home:

http://www.susquehannafishingtackle.com/repair/repair.htm

Or you could try:

http://www.heartlandtackleservice.com

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Bob La Londe
September 21st, 2004, 01:52 PM
"Brad Coovert" > wrote in message

> You can put the Daiwas out on the curb. ;-)

I dunno about that. Some of the best overall reels I have had are Daiwas.
Probably the best pitching reel I have is a Daiwa 150i. Thats putting heads
up against my Shimanos Curado, Pflueger President, and Quantums Accurist
400s and 500s.

For years growing up I had a Daiwa 250RL spinning reel that performed well
for everything from small stocker trout to 10+ pound stripers. My dad has
another Daiwa that he bought the same day I bought that 250RL back in the
70s that he would still be using today if he hadn't lost a screw when
cleaning it. He keeps it in a plastic bag in his desk hoping he will find a
replacement screw for it. We bought those for about half price at a store
in Prescott when Yellow Front was going out of business for anybody who can
remember when that was.

I do admit that Daiwa has made some cheap reels for consumer consumption
through places like Wal-Mart and K-Mart, but their mid price and more
expensive reels have dones fairly well for me. I was just thinking on this
subject last night and thinking I might give some of the mid price Team
Daiwa reels a try for next season.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

> [...]

For years growing up I had a Daiwa 250RL spinning reel that performed well
for everything from small stocker trout to 10+ pound stripers. My dad has
another Daiwa that he bought the same day I bought that 250RL back in the
70s that he would still be using today if he hadn't lost a screw when
cleaning it. He keeps it in a plastic bag in his desk hoping he will find a
replacement screw for it. We bought those for about half price at a store
in Prescott when Yellow Front was going out of business for anybody who can
remember when that was.

I do admit that Daiwa has made some cheap reels for consumer consumption
through places like Wal-Mart and K-Mart, but their mid price and more
expensive reels have dones fairly well for me. I was just thinking on this
subject last night and thinking I might give some of the mid price Team

Charles Summers
September 21st, 2004, 02:22 PM
Two Choices....

A: Send them back to Wal-Mart for replacement. Oh wait a minute, you're not
THAT person so...

B: Call Don Beck, address and phone number below.
Fisherman's Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Rd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's wrong
> with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive club
in
> my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.
>
> Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?
>
> I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Charles Summers
September 21st, 2004, 02:22 PM
Two Choices....

A: Send them back to Wal-Mart for replacement. Oh wait a minute, you're not

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's wrong
> with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive club
in
> my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.
>
> Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?
>
> I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 21st, 2004, 03:26 PM
Don Beck
Fisherman' Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's wrong
> with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive club
in
> my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.
>
> Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?
>
> I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

BassMr
September 21st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Don does great work.He made some of my old Shimano Speedmasters I bought in
the mid 80s like new again.

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> [...]

> B: Call Don Beck, address and phone number below.
> Fisherman's Blessing
> 4824 Old Hickory Rd.
> Hermitage, TN 37076
> (615) 232-5999
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's
wrong
> > with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive
club
> in
> > my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.
> >
> > Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?
> >
> > I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

September 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM
Rest assured I'm not using the cheap Daiwa's. I'm using TD-x's & TD
spinners. I love them. My best TD-X's, by theway, are the ones I bought
roughly 6-8 years ago.

Warren

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message

> [...]

> for everything from small stocker trout to 10+ pound stripers. My dad has
> another Daiwa that he bought the same day I bought that 250RL back in the
> 70s that he would still be using today if he hadn't lost a screw when
> cleaning it. He keeps it in a plastic bag in his desk hoping he will find
> replacement screw for it. We bought those for about half price at a store
> in Prescott when Yellow Front was going out of business for anybody who
can
> remember when that was.
>
> I do admit that Daiwa has made some cheap reels for consumer consumption
> through places like Wal-Mart and K-Mart, but their mid price and more
> expensive reels have dones fairly well for me. I was just thinking on
this
> subject last night and thinking I might give some of the mid price Team

go-bassn
September 21st, 2004, 06:58 PM
Don sounds like a winner guys, thanks. I'll round em up & get in touch with
him.

Warren

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> [...]

"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> Don Beck
> Fisherman' Blessing
> 4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
> Hermitage, TN 37076
> (615) 232-5999
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's
wrong
> > with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive
club
> in
> > my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.
> >
> > Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?
> >
> > I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
Tell him the SW Team sent you!

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Don sounds like a winner guys, thanks. I'll round em up & get in touch
with
> him.
>
> Warren
>
> "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > Don Beck
> > Fisherman' Blessing
> > 4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
> > Hermitage, TN 37076
> > (615) 232-5999
> >
> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's
> wrong
> > > with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive
> club
> > in
> > > my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.
> > >
> > > Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?
> > >
> > > I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.
> > >
> > > Warren
> > > --
> > > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Joshuall
September 22nd, 2004, 10:03 PM
Anyone know how much he charges per reel just to clean?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Joshuall
September 22nd, 2004, 10:03 PM
Anyone know how much he charges per reel just to clean?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 10:52 PM
Something like $15.00.

Parts extra, of course.

"Joshuall" > wrote in message
> Anyone know how much he charges per reel just to clean?
>
> --
> God Bless America
>
> Josh The Bad Bear

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 10:52 PM
Something like $15.00.

Parts extra, of course.

"Joshuall" > wrote in message
> Anyone know how much he charges per reel just to clean?
>
> --
> God Bless America
>
> Josh The Bad Bear

AJH
September 23rd, 2004, 03:04 AM
Heartland Reel Service will cost about 26 bucks per reel with shipping
and handling..He works on baitcasters only and then maybe only Daiwa,
Shimano and Abu..

Git-R-Done

AJH
September 23rd, 2004, 03:04 AM
Heartland Reel Service will cost about 26 bucks per reel with shipping
and handling..He works on baitcasters only and then maybe only Daiwa,
Shimano and Abu..

Git-R-Done

Calif Bill
October 27th, 2004, 08:19 PM