PDA

View Full Version : michigan catfish

jay
September 21st, 2004, 06:36 AM
anyone do any catfishing in michigan, ive gotten some nice 10-12 pounders
out of the saginaw bay

Pepperoni
September 21st, 2004, 07:40 AM
Sure. I fish the Huron river. Nice channels and flatheads.
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/flathead.htm

Not bad for being inland (Ypsilanti), I usually fish for carp early in the
season, but all those carp eggs draw the cats.
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/earlymorncarp.jpg

Any of those fish are a challenge on my little UL rod.

Fishing is also good down on Lake Erie at Rockwood at the Huron river mouth.

"jay" > wrote in message
> anyone do any catfishing in michigan, ive gotten some nice 10-12 pounders
> out of the saginaw bay

OutlwDrgn1
September 21st, 2004, 02:24 PM
Nope but I do a lot in South Carolina. Anyone else way down here fishing for
cats? Maybe not :)

Outlwdrgn1

OutlwDrgn1
September 21st, 2004, 02:24 PM
Nope but I do a lot in South Carolina. Anyone else way down here fishing for
cats? Maybe not :)

Outlwdrgn1

RGarri7470
September 23rd, 2004, 03:41 AM
>Nope but I do a lot in South Carolina. Anyone else way down here fishing for
>cats? Maybe not :)
>
>Outlwdrgn1

I used to run trotlines, bank hooks and jugs on Clark's Hill on the GA/SC line
a lot. Still have a place there, need to get over there and catch some.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com