PDA

View Full Version : Re: Check out this Fishing Software !!

John C. French
September 21st, 2004, 10:02 PM
Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
Good luck.

John C. French

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> wrote:

>Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad to
>play around with something for awhile.
>
>Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can have
>rofbware?
>
>"John C. French" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Charles, Did you ever start doing something like this? I'm interested if
>you
>> did.
>>

>> John C. French
>>

>> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
>> > Heck Randy... I'm sure that I can play around with Visual Basic and come
>> up
>> > with something close. I know I can make it look alot better...

John C. French
September 21st, 2004, 10:02 PM
Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
Good luck.

John C. French

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> wrote:

>Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad to
>play around with something for awhile.
>
>Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can have
>rofbware?
>
>"John C. French" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Charles, Did you ever start doing something like this? I'm interested if
>you
>> did.
>>

>> John C. French
>>

>> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
>> > Heck Randy... I'm sure that I can play around with Visual Basic and come
>> up
>> > with something close. I know I can make it look alot better...

Charles Summers
September 21st, 2004, 10:44 PM
Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.

http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg

"John C. French" > wrote in message
> Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> Good luck.
>

> John C. French
>

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> > wrote:
>
> >Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad to
> >play around with something for awhile.
> >
> >Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can have
> >rofbware?
> >
> >"John C. French" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >> Charles, Did you ever start doing something like this? I'm interested
if
> >you
> >> did.
> >>

> >> John C. French

> >> up

Charles Summers
September 21st, 2004, 10:44 PM
Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.

http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg

"John C. French" > wrote in message
> Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> Good luck.
>

> John C. French
>

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> > wrote:
>
> >Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad to
> >play around with something for awhile.
> >
> >Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can have
> >rofbware?
> >
> >"John C. French" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >> Charles, Did you ever start doing something like this? I'm interested
if
> >you
> >> did.
> >>

> >> John C. French

> >> up

Fishing Arizona
September 22nd, 2004, 03:21 AM
Ill donate to the fund if I could snag a copy of that when its finished!!!!

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
> buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't
connecting...
> Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
> may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>
> http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
>

> "John C. French" > wrote in message
> > Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> > extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> > search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> > inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> > Good luck.
> >

> > John C. French
> >

> > On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad
> > >play around with something for awhile.
> > >
> > >Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can
have
> > >rofbware?
> > >
> > >"John C. French" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> if
> > >you

> come

Fishing Arizona
September 22nd, 2004, 03:21 AM
Ill donate to the fund if I could snag a copy of that when its finished!!!!

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
> buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't
connecting...
> Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
> may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>
> http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
>

> "John C. French" > wrote in message
> > Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> > extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> > search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> > inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> > Good luck.
> >

> > John C. French
> >

> > On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad
> > >play around with something for awhile.
> > >
> > >Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can
have
> > >rofbware?
> > >
> > >"John C. French" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> if
> > >you

> come

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 03:46 AM
I think I'll ask Andrew if he wants to add it to the rofb.net page. No
donations required.

"Fishing Arizona" > wrote in message
> Ill donate to the fund if I could snag a copy of that when its
finished!!!!

> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the
control
> > buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't
> connecting...
> > Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess
> > may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
> >
> > http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
> >

> > "John C. French" > wrote in message
> > > Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> > > extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> > > search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> > > inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> > > Good luck.
> > >

> > > John C. French
> > >

> > > On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"

> have

> > > . ..
> > if

> > come

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 03:46 AM
I think I'll ask Andrew if he wants to add it to the rofb.net page. No
donations required.

"Fishing Arizona" > wrote in message
> Ill donate to the fund if I could snag a copy of that when its
finished!!!!

> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the
control
> > buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't
> connecting...
> > Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess
> > may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
> >
> > http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
> >

> > "John C. French" > wrote in message
> > > Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> > > extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> > > search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> > > inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> > > Good luck.
> > >

> > > John C. French
> > >

> > > On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"

> have

> > > . ..
> > if

> > come

John C. French
September 22nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
Looking good so far Charles!! I do have a few suggestions, but I don't
wanna sound like I'm telling you how to do it. It's your baby, and you
know what's best for it. If you don't mind a little constructive
criticism.......

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:44:54 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> wrote:

>Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
>buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
>Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
>may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>
>http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
>

>"John C. French" > wrote in message
>> Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
>> extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
>> search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
>> inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
>> Good luck.
>>

>> John C. French
>>

>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad to
>> >play around with something for awhile.
>> >
>> >Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can have
>> >rofbware?
>> >
>> >"John C. French" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>if
>> >you

>come

John C. French
September 22nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
Looking good so far Charles!! I do have a few suggestions, but I don't
wanna sound like I'm telling you how to do it. It's your baby, and you
know what's best for it. If you don't mind a little constructive
criticism.......

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:44:54 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> wrote:

>Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
>buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
>Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
>may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>
>http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
>

>"John C. French" > wrote in message
>> Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
>> extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
>> search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
>> inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
>> Good luck.
>>

>> John C. French
>>

>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Not yet, but do you have an specifics on what you'd like? I'll be glad to
>> >play around with something for awhile.
>> >
>> >Hmm.... there's freeware, shareware, and trialware. Wonder if we can have
>> >rofbware?
>> >
>> >"John C. French" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>if
>> >you

>come

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
GPS Co-ordinates was suggested... so I'll try to add them, as well as a few
others.

What's your suggestion?

"John C. French" > wrote in message
> Looking good so far Charles!! I do have a few suggestions, but I don't
> wanna sound like I'm telling you how to do it. It's your baby, and you
> know what's best for it. If you don't mind a little constructive
> criticism.......
>
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:44:54 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> > wrote:
>
> >Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the
control
> >buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't
connecting...
> >Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
> >may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
> >
> >http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
> >

> >"John C. French" > wrote in message
> >> Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> >> extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> >> search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> >> inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> >> Good luck.
> >>

> >> John C. French
> >>

> >> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"

> >> . ..
> >if

> >come

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
GPS Co-ordinates was suggested... so I'll try to add them, as well as a few
others.

What's your suggestion?

"John C. French" > wrote in message
> Looking good so far Charles!! I do have a few suggestions, but I don't
> wanna sound like I'm telling you how to do it. It's your baby, and you
> know what's best for it. If you don't mind a little constructive
> criticism.......
>
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:44:54 -0500, "Charles Summers"
> > wrote:
>
> >Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the
control
> >buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't
connecting...
> >Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
> >may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
> >
> >http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg
> >

> >"John C. French" > wrote in message
> >> Basically everything that was contained in the prior example, but with
> >> extended search features for most input fields, such as Lure/bait
> >> search. Version 2.0 would have some type of tackle/equipment
> >> inventory. Just some Ideas. A more sophistocated GUI as well.
> >> Good luck.
> >>

> >> John C. French
> >>

> >> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:25:48 -0500, "Charles Summers"

> >> . ..
> >if

> >come

Henry Hefner
September 22nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
Charles Summers wrote:
> Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
> buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
> Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
> may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>
> http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg

Charles, maybe an entry for area? I know GPS was suggested, but for
those without GPS, to recall where on the lake. Also, how about depth?

Henry Hefner
September 22nd, 2004, 08:08 PM

Charles Summers wrote:
> Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
> buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
> Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
> may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>
> http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg

Charles, maybe an entry for area? I know GPS was suggested, but for
those without GPS, to recall where on the lake. Also, how about depth?

John C. French
September 23rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
GPS was one Sugg. or Waypoint Name. First field could be switched with
Lake/RIVER Name, as this is the main reason for the Record Keeper. I
think a frame or link to a picture should be added as well as possibly
a link to bait/lure. Keep up the good work.

>Charles Summers wrote:
>> Look at this GUI and see what I'm missing. I still need to add the control
>> buttons, but first I need to figure out why my database isn't connecting...
>> Wonder if it's an issue with OfficeXP and an older version of VB? Guess I
>> may have to downgrade my Office software to get this done.
>>
>> http://www.midtennclassic.org/demo/preview.jpg

Andrew Kidd
September 23rd, 2004, 01:28 AM
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
. ..
>I think I'll ask Andrew if he wants to add it to the rofb.net page. No
> donations required.

Charles,
Just holler when it's ready! I'll put it out there for you!
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!