PDA

View Full Version : I'm all excited

Bob La Londe
September 24th, 2004, 04:11 PM
.... and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic with
real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend was a
slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.

I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent all day
fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for small
fish. A smaller limit than mine.

I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow patterns.
Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.

I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing since.
I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the ones that live
there, not the ones who were actively chasing.

I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

go-bassn
September 24th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I know the fall patterns have yet to kick in here, its hard to imagine they
have there. Isnt it like 90 there still?

WW

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> ... and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic
with
> real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend was a
> slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.
>
> I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent all
day
> fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for small
> fish. A smaller limit than mine.
>
> I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow patterns.
> Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.
>
> I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing
since.
> I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the ones that
live
> there, not the ones who were actively chasing.
>
> I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com

go-bassn
September 24th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I know the fall patterns have yet to kick in here, its hard to imagine they
have there. Isnt it like 90 there still?

WW

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> ... and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic
with
> real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend was a
> slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.
>
> I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent all
day
> fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for small
> fish. A smaller limit than mine.
>
> I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow patterns.
> Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.
>
> I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing
since.
> I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the ones that
live
> there, not the ones who were actively chasing.
>
> I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com

Bob La Londe
September 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Yes, but we get water from up north. The water temp has started to drop
significantly. Of course thats probably meaningless unless you fish theis
area. 3 or 4 weeks ago the surface temps were running around 90 in the
channel, and as high as 96-98 in the backwaters and lakes. The sruface temp
everywhere last weekend was 81-85. Big drop in temp. Its doing weird
things to the fish. All I seem to be able to catch consistantly is small
active fish. Only one or two decent fish in a day. Nothing seems to work
two days in a row either.

--

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> I know the fall patterns have yet to kick in here, its hard to imagine
they
> have there. Isnt it like 90 there still?
>
> WW
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > ... and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic
> with
> > real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend was a
> > slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.
> >
> > I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent all
> day
> > fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for
small
> > fish. A smaller limit than mine.
> >
> > I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow patterns.
> > Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.
> >
> > I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing
> since.
> > I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the ones that
> live
> > there, not the ones who were actively chasing.
> >
> > I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com

alwaysfishking
September 24th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Water has cooled here in NE P.A also and small fish are the majority
feeders, or at least for me they are. I was fishing jigs, flukes,
speedworms. There is no particular pattern that I could find today. I did
manage 8 fish to the boat and a few toothy critters. Dave almost skunked on
3 lakes here with me but followed up on a fish I missed on a speed worm. He
got it with the fluke. They are starting to herd up some nice schools of
baitfish on the smaller lake and some of the bigger fish I have caught there
seem to be eating well. Just good to be back out fishing again

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> Yes, but we get water from up north. The water temp has started to drop
> significantly. Of course thats probably meaningless unless you fish theis
> area. 3 or 4 weeks ago the surface temps were running around 90 in the
> channel, and as high as 96-98 in the backwaters and lakes. The sruface
temp
> everywhere last weekend was 81-85. Big drop in temp. Its doing weird
> things to the fish. All I seem to be able to catch consistantly is small
> active fish. Only one or two decent fish in a day. Nothing seems to work
> two days in a row either.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > I know the fall patterns have yet to kick in here, its hard to imagine
> they
> > have there. Isnt it like 90 there still?
> >
> > WW
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > ... and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic
> > with
> > > real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend was
> > > slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.
> > >
> > > I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent
all
> > day
> > > fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for
> small
> > > fish. A smaller limit than mine.
> > >
> > > I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow
patterns.
> > > Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.
> > >
> > > I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing
> > since.
> > > I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the ones
that
> > live
> > > there, not the ones who were actively chasing.
> > >
> > > I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > > ** Weekly drawing
> > > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > > ** www.YumaBassMan.com

John Kerr
September 24th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I'm all excited

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Fri, Sep 24, 2004, 8:11am (CDT-2)
From: (Bob=A0La=A0Londe)
... and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic
with real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend
was a slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.
I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent all
day fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for
small fish. A smaller limit than mine.
I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow patterns.
Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.
I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing
since. I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the
ones that live there, not the ones who were actively chasing.
I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Bob, is that the ABA classic at Mead? I thought that was in October? Or
is it another classic?
JK

Bob La Londe
September 24th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Went out for a short while this afternoon and the water temp has dropped
another ten degrees.

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Water has cooled here in NE P.A also and small fish are the majority
> feeders, or at least for me they are. I was fishing jigs, flukes,
> speedworms. There is no particular pattern that I could find today. I did
> manage 8 fish to the boat and a few toothy critters. Dave almost skunked
on
> 3 lakes here with me but followed up on a fish I missed on a speed worm.
He
> got it with the fluke. They are starting to herd up some nice schools of
> baitfish on the smaller lake and some of the bigger fish I have caught
there
> seem to be eating well. Just good to be back out fishing again
>

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > Yes, but we get water from up north. The water temp has started to drop
> > significantly. Of course thats probably meaningless unless you fish
theis
> > area. 3 or 4 weeks ago the surface temps were running around 90 in the
> > channel, and as high as 96-98 in the backwaters and lakes. The sruface
> temp
> > everywhere last weekend was 81-85. Big drop in temp. Its doing weird
> > things to the fish. All I seem to be able to catch consistantly is
small
> > active fish. Only one or two decent fish in a day. Nothing seems to
work
> > two days in a row either.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com
> >

> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > I know the fall patterns have yet to kick in here, its hard to imagine
> > they
> > > have there. Isnt it like 90 there still?
> > >
> > > WW

> > > with

> all
> > > day
> > small

> patterns.

> > > since.
> that
> > > live

Bob La Londe
September 25th, 2004, 12:22 AM
This is the Aluminum Boats Only ABA Classic. They are giving away lots of
cash and a Tracker boat. I figure IF (note the big if) we win it there will
probably be a brand new boat out on EBAY shortly. They decided to have it
here. I hope it goes well and lots of good limits are weighed in. It would
be a real coupe for Dave to have a regular classic here.

Yes, Hammer and I are fishing the classic on Meade in two weeks also. There
is different. I have absolutely no plan. I figure to just go fish some
good looking spots and see what happens.

From: (Bob La Londe)
[...]

September 25th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Anything over mid 80's & your fish are stressed regardless Bob. Now you
should start to see some improved action & bigger fish.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

> Went out for a short while this afternoon and the water temp has dropped
> another ten degrees.
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > Water has cooled here in NE P.A also and small fish are the majority
> > feeders, or at least for me they are. I was fishing jigs, flukes,
> > speedworms. There is no particular pattern that I could find today. I
did
> > manage 8 fish to the boat and a few toothy critters. Dave almost
skunked
> on
> > 3 lakes here with me but followed up on a fish I missed on a speed worm.
> He
> > got it with the fluke. They are starting to herd up some nice schools of
> > baitfish on the smaller lake and some of the bigger fish I have caught
> there
> > seem to be eating well. Just good to be back out fishing again
> >

> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > Yes, but we get water from up north. The water temp has started to
drop
> > > significantly. Of course thats probably meaningless unless you fish
> theis
> > > area. 3 or 4 weeks ago the surface temps were running around 90 in
the
> > > channel, and as high as 96-98 in the backwaters and lakes. The
sruface
> > temp
> > > everywhere last weekend was 81-85. Big drop in temp. Its doing weird
> > > things to the fish. All I seem to be able to catch consistantly is
> small
> > > active fish. Only one or two decent fish in a day. Nothing seems to
> work
> > > two days in a row either.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > > ** Weekly drawing
> > > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > > ** www.YumaBassMan.com

> > > they

> classic
> was

> > all
> > > small

> > patterns.

> nothing
> > that

go-bassn
September 25th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Looks like...

....IT'S HAMMER-TIME!

Best of luck to you two!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> This is the Aluminum Boats Only ABA Classic. They are giving away lots of
> cash and a Tracker boat. I figure IF (note the big if) we win it there
will
> probably be a brand new boat out on EBAY shortly. They decided to have it
> here. I hope it goes well and lots of good limits are weighed in. It
would
> be a real coupe for Dave to have a regular classic here.
>
> Yes, Hammer and I are fishing the classic on Meade in two weeks also.
There
> is different. I have absolutely no plan. I figure to just go fish some
> good looking spots and see what happens.
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "John Kerr" > wrote in message
>
> I'm all excited
>
> Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Fri, Sep 24, 2004, 8:11am (CDT-2)
> From: (Bob La Londe)
> .. and nervous. Tommorrow Hammer and I are fishing our first classic
> with real prizes on the line. I don't have a solid plan. Last weekend
> was a slow grind for a small limit that put me in 10th or 12th place.
> I know where we caught fish, and the one guy I talked to that spent all
> day fishing my other pattern had the same results. An all day grind for
> small fish. A smaller limit than mine.
> I'm almost ready to try my winter spots and winter ultra slow patterns.
> Strange when it feels like we should be getting a strong fall feed.
> I hit a fall pattern feeding frenzy about five weeks ago, but nothing
> since. I have picked up a few fish in those same areas, but just the
> ones that live there, not the ones who were actively chasing.
> I'm lost. Maybe just grind with slower smaller finnesse rigs.
> ======
> Bob, is that the ABA classic at Mead? I thought that was in October? Or
> is it another classic?
> JK

John Kerr
September 25th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Bob, good luck in classic tomorrow! And be sure and say hello to the
"kid" when you are up at the ABA Classic at Mead....tell him his "ole
man" would appreciate a few more calls :)!
John

Bob La Londe
September 25th, 2004, 02:54 AM
LOL... I have been catching great fish all summer. Our fish are too stuoid
to know they should swim up river. 6+ months out of the year our water is
over 80 degrees.

--

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Anything over mid 80's & your fish are stressed regardless Bob. Now you
> should start to see some improved action & bigger fish.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > Went out for a short while this afternoon and the water temp has dropped
> > another ten degrees.
> >

> > "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > > Water has cooled here in NE P.A also and small fish are the majority
> > > feeders, or at least for me they are. I was fishing jigs, flukes,
> > > speedworms. There is no particular pattern that I could find today. I
> did
> > > manage 8 fish to the boat and a few toothy critters. Dave almost
> skunked
> > on
> > > 3 lakes here with me but followed up on a fish I missed on a speed
worm.
> > He
> > > got it with the fluke. They are starting to herd up some nice schools
of
> > > baitfish on the smaller lake and some of the bigger fish I have caught
> > there
> > > seem to be eating well. Just good to be back out fishing again

> drop
> > theis
> the
> sruface
> > > temp
> > small
> > work

> imagine

> > classic
> > was

> spent
> > > all
> for

> > > patterns.
> feed.

> > nothing
> > > that

Bob La Londe
September 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Will do.

--

"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> Bob, good luck in classic tomorrow! And be sure and say hello to the
> "kid" when you are up at the ABA Classic at Mead....tell him his "ole
> man" would appreciate a few more calls :)!
> John

Bob La Londe
September 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Will do.

--

"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> Bob, good luck in classic tomorrow! And be sure and say hello to the
> "kid" when you are up at the ABA Classic at Mead....tell him his "ole
> man" would appreciate a few more calls :)!
> John

Bob La Londe
September 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Will do.

--

"John Kerr" > wrote in message
> Bob, good luck in classic tomorrow! And be sure and say hello to the
> "kid" when you are up at the ABA Classic at Mead....tell him his "ole
> man" would appreciate a few more calls :)!
> John

go-bassn
September 26th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Over 80 is ok, over 85 not so great.