PDA

View Full Version : Fishing good... catching bad...

Charles B. Summers
September 26th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Well, for the first time this year, I got skunked.

Joe and I fished a club tournament this morning, and only managed to catch
one fish in 6 hours... (Joe caught that one). Can't wait until the fall bite
starts. (Bummin')

It was a nice day to be on the lake, not too many boats, no jet-skiers,
beautiful day in the 80's. Hope y'all had better success.

BassMr
September 27th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Charles,I finally got to fish "your lake" this past Friday.We caught 7 fish
total and just 2 that were 14". There was a lot of schooling action on top
but we caught our biggest fish deeper.
That is a pretty lake,it reminds me alot of my old haunt,Lake Lanier.We are
trying to go back this weekend to try something a little different.
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> Well, for the first time this year, I got skunked.
>
> Joe and I fished a club tournament this morning, and only managed to catch
> one fish in 6 hours... (Joe caught that one). Can't wait until the fall
bite
> starts. (Bummin')
>
> It was a nice day to be on the lake, not too many boats, no jet-skiers,
> beautiful day in the 80's. Hope y'all had better success.

Charles Summers
September 27th, 2004, 04:28 PM
We fished the upper end of the lake where I'm at my worse... But, then again
the traffic isn't that bad.

Glad to hear you came to visit! It is a pretty lake, and I know there are
fish there. It's just a matter of staying on top of them, which is something
that I haven't been able to find the time to do. Honestly, I hadn't been on
the lake since my last tournament two weeks ago. That's going to change for
the rest of the year!

Fall can be awesome, and after the drawdown... it gets better. I used to
hate it when they dropped the lake, but there's a lot of deep cover that you
can't fish during the summer, that's now accessible and easier to fish.

If you're out there next weekend, give me a shout. I may be there myself.

"BassMr" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Charles,I finally got to fish "your lake" this past Friday.We caught 7
fish
> total and just 2 that were 14". There was a lot of schooling action on top
> but we caught our biggest fish deeper.
> That is a pretty lake,it reminds me alot of my old haunt,Lake Lanier.We
are
> trying to go back this weekend to try something a little different.
> "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > Well, for the first time this year, I got skunked.
> >
> > Joe and I fished a club tournament this morning, and only managed to
catch
> > one fish in 6 hours... (Joe caught that one). Can't wait until the fall
> bite
> > starts. (Bummin')
> >
> > It was a nice day to be on the lake, not too many boats, no jet-skiers,
> > beautiful day in the 80's. Hope y'all had better success.

BassMr
September 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM
We were in the Jefferson Springs area and did not go far from there.I was on
the back so I was just enjoying the scenery and watching the graph.
I would certainly like to get way up that Stones River some time.
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> We fished the upper end of the lake where I'm at my worse... But, then
again
> the traffic isn't that bad.
>
> Glad to hear you came to visit! It is a pretty lake, and I know there are
> fish there. It's just a matter of staying on top of them, which is
something
> that I haven't been able to find the time to do. Honestly, I hadn't been
on
> the lake since my last tournament two weeks ago. That's going to change
for
> the rest of the year!
>
> Fall can be awesome, and after the drawdown... it gets better. I used to
> hate it when they dropped the lake, but there's a lot of deep cover that
you
> can't fish during the summer, that's now accessible and easier to fish.
>
> If you're out there next weekend, give me a shout. I may be there myself.
>

> "BassMr" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > Charles,I finally got to fish "your lake" this past Friday.We caught 7
> fish
> > total and just 2 that were 14". There was a lot of schooling action on
top
> > but we caught our biggest fish deeper.
> > That is a pretty lake,it reminds me alot of my old haunt,Lake Lanier.We
> are
> > trying to go back this weekend to try something a little different.
> > "Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Well, for the first time this year, I got skunked.
> > >
> > > Joe and I fished a club tournament this morning, and only managed to
> catch
> > > one fish in 6 hours... (Joe caught that one). Can't wait until the
fall
> > bite
> > > starts. (Bummin')
> > >
> > > It was a nice day to be on the lake, not too many boats, no
jet-skiers,
> > > beautiful day in the 80's. Hope y'all had better success.

Charles Summers
September 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM
It can get pretty tricky up there (Stones River) unless you know where to go
and where not to, that's why I love my GPS! There are also no buoy's up
river...

I've never fished the Jefferson Springs area. It's kinda like one of those
places you keep going past and never think of. When I run from the Four
Corners area to the Elm Hill area, I stay to the right of Hole in the Wall
island. It's just one of those things that I've always done... that I forget
there's more water over there. There's also usually too many partiers there
that makes it almost impossible to fish. Maybe this time of year can be
different.

ink.net...