PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa 250 Sealine

fantom
October 1st, 2004, 11:57 AM
Hi,

Hi, has anyone ever used this reel, i would really appreciate some feedback
on it. I am intending to use it boat fishing for my first boat trip.

thanks and appreciated

Keith M
October 2nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Hi, has anyone ever used this reel, i would really appreciate some
> feedback
> on it. I am intending to use it boat fishing for my first boat trip.
>
> thanks and appreciated

Fantom

> I have a Sealine 250 about 20 years old (and still going strong).
>
> If yours is similat then be careful when you strip it for cleaning.
>
> There is a small spacer on the spindle which is not immediately obvious
> but which just loves to fall off never to be found again.
>
> Strip it over paper until you know what it is and where it fits and take
> care.
>
> I haven't lost one for years and dont know if Daiwa still keep them in
> their spares dept,

Keith M
October 2nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Hi, has anyone ever used this reel, i would really appreciate some
> feedback
> on it. I am intending to use it boat fishing for my first boat trip.
>
> thanks and appreciated

Fantom

> I have a Sealine 250 about 20 years old (and still going strong).
>
> If yours is similat then be careful when you strip it for cleaning.
>
> There is a small spacer on the spindle which is not immediately obvious
> but which just loves to fall off never to be found again.
>
> Strip it over paper until you know what it is and where it fits and take
> care.
>
> I haven't lost one for years and dont know if Daiwa still keep them in
> their spares dept,

fantom
October 2nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
"Keith M" > wrote in message

> "fantom" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Hi, has anyone ever used this reel, i would really appreciate some
> > feedback
> > on it. I am intending to use it boat fishing for my first boat trip.
> >
> > thanks and appreciated
>
> Fantom
> >
> > I have a Sealine 250 about 20 years old (and still going strong).
> >
> > If yours is similat then be careful when you strip it for cleaning.
> >
> > There is a small spacer on the spindle which is not immediately obvious
> > but which just loves to fall off never to be found again.
> >
> > Strip it over paper until you know what it is and where it fits and take
> > care.
> >
> > I haven't lost one for years and dont know if Daiwa still keep them in
> > their spares dept,

Thanks for the advice, ill definatly keep that in mind. Thanks again.

SEAANGLING
October 3rd, 2004, 08:59 PM
> Hi, has anyone ever used this reel,

Old but a good quality product with strong gears and a smooth drag, was quite
cheap when it came out, I don't know why they discontinued it, cheers, Norman.

caedecus
September 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Hi, has anyone ever used this reel,

Old but a good quality product with strong gears and a smooth drag, was quite
cheap when it came out, I don't know why they discontinued it, cheers, Norman.

interesting, i have had one since 1980 and yes they were cheap, and yes, they are robust, i was once told they were modelled on the penn senator range, anyway yes, a devil to service with springs etc lol, but a damn fine reel