PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Christopher...

go-bassn
October 3rd, 2004, 09:03 PM
Here I tune in fully expecting to read a long post about Chritopher
Cericola's first-ever tournament, and nothing!

C'mon Chris, we need details!

Warren

Christopher P. Cericola
October 3rd, 2004, 09:23 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< C'mon Chris, we need details! >

I lost. :) Seriously, I had a great time, learned a lot, and look forward
to my next one. One of the biggets thinks I learned was NEVER to go into
something like that with new lures. When I was ordering my culling system
and a spooling station I ended up ordering new lures to try out.
Unfortunately, I never got a shot to get familiar with them due to my wife
coming home early. That really took a lot out of me because I had to get a
feel before I could even really ues them effecively. Damn BPS not carrying
Yammamoto's kreatures. :)

I also had a reel failure on one of my cheaper reels that I was planning on
using crankbaits and spinners on. I haven't used the reel in so long and Id
idn't think to check it. Everytime I reeled it in you could hear it grind
so I didn't get full use of what I wanted to as I didn't want to spend a lot
of time retying(I felt like I spent too much time in the tacklebox as it
was).

I realize now too I need to really put an effort in improving my casting. I
kept myself out of trees much more than when I started but I still wasn't
happy with the snags I did end up and my inability to land it right where I
wanted it to..

Right now - it's not looking like I'm going to be able to make the next
Delaware river tournament as a friend from Texas(the one who really got me
into bass fishing) is coming up and there's an open buddy tournament on
Union Lake we'd like to do.

Anyway - I know this year my points are "meaningless"...but watch out next
year. I'm gonna start kickin' some ass..or at least not nearly fall off the
boat..

I'll get those weigh in pics to you shortly..

Christopher

Chris Rennert
October 4th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Chris,

Getting the first one out of your way, and seeing how it is so much
different than going out and fishing casually will help you for the next
one.
Like Warren told me, have fun, and smile. !

Chris
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < C'mon Chris, we need details! >
>
> I lost. :) Seriously, I had a great time, learned a lot, and look forward
> to my next one. One of the biggets thinks I learned was NEVER to go into
> something like that with new lures. When I was ordering my culling system
> and a spooling station I ended up ordering new lures to try out.
> Unfortunately, I never got a shot to get familiar with them due to my wife
> coming home early. That really took a lot out of me because I had to get
> feel before I could even really ues them effecively. Damn BPS not
carrying
> Yammamoto's kreatures. :)
>
> I also had a reel failure on one of my cheaper reels that I was planning
on
> using crankbaits and spinners on. I haven't used the reel in so long and
Id
> idn't think to check it. Everytime I reeled it in you could hear it grind
> so I didn't get full use of what I wanted to as I didn't want to spend a
lot
> of time retying(I felt like I spent too much time in the tacklebox as it
> was).
>
> I realize now too I need to really put an effort in improving my casting.
> kept myself out of trees much more than when I started but I still wasn't
> happy with the snags I did end up and my inability to land it right where
> wanted it to..
>
> Right now - it's not looking like I'm going to be able to make the next
> Delaware river tournament as a friend from Texas(the one who really got me
> into bass fishing) is coming up and there's an open buddy tournament on
> Union Lake we'd like to do.
>
> Anyway - I know this year my points are "meaningless"...but watch out next
> year. I'm gonna start kickin' some ass..or at least not nearly fall off
the
> boat..
>
> I'll get those weigh in pics to you shortly..
>
> Christopher

Marty
October 4th, 2004, 05:54 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> Damn BPS not carrying
> Yammamoto's kreatures. :)

Don't blame BPS; GYCB won't sell to them unless the package says Kinami.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 4th, 2004, 10:39 AM
"Marty" > wrote in message
< Don't blame BPS; GYCB won't sell to them unless the package says Kinami. >

Why's that? I know I saw Kinami worms before at walmart..looked a lot like
senkos but was confused by the other name even though they had Yamamoto
Enterprises on the package.

Christopher

go-bassn
October 4th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I believe the real story is that GYCB wouldn't grant BPS its desired extra
discount so he doesn't deal with them at all. This is second-hand of
course...

Warren

"Marty" > wrote in message

> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> groups.com...
>
> > Damn BPS not carrying
> > Yammamoto's kreatures. :)
>
> Don't blame BPS; GYCB won't sell to them unless the package says Kinami.

Marty
October 5th, 2004, 06:13 AM
"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "Marty" > wrote in message
> < Don't blame BPS; GYCB won't sell to them unless the package says Kinami.
>

> Why's that? I know I saw Kinami worms before at walmart..looked a lot
like
> senkos but was confused by the other name even though they had Yamamoto
> Enterprises on the package.

They claim they strongly support local tackle shops and their dealer network
and pledge to NEVER sell to BPS and the X-Marts. However, they sell to
Cabela's and large sporting goods chains. With Gary's son's Kinami line
which is sold by BPS and the "Marts", I believe they're talking out of both
sides of their mouth, i.e., they can say they don't sell GYCB products to
them, except they DO sell to them under the Kinami label.

At least that's one cynic's take on the situation.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 5th, 2004, 10:54 AM
"Marty" > wrote in message
< They claim they strongly support local tackle shops and their dealer
network and pledge to NEVER sell to BPS and the X-Marts. >

They broke that pledge...BPS has senkos.

Christopher

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
October 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
<SNIP>
They claim they strongly support local tackle shops and their dealer network
> and pledge to NEVER sell to BPS and the X-Marts.

That's very strange considering the fact that the local BPS in Auburn Hill,
Mi. sells both the Yamamoto and the Kanami brand.

"Marty" > wrote in message

> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> groups.com...
> >
> > "Marty" > wrote in message
> > < Don't blame BPS; GYCB won't sell to them unless the package says
Kinami.

> > Why's that? I know I saw Kinami worms before at walmart..looked a lot
> like
> > senkos but was confused by the other name even though they had Yamamoto
> > Enterprises on the package.
>
> They claim they strongly support local tackle shops and their dealer
network
> and pledge to NEVER sell to BPS and the X-Marts. However, they sell to
> Cabela's and large sporting goods chains. With Gary's son's Kinami line
> which is sold by BPS and the "Marts", I believe they're talking out of
both
> sides of their mouth, i.e., they can say they don't sell GYCB products to
> them, except they DO sell to them under the Kinami label.
>
> At least that's one cynic's take on the situation.

Marty
October 6th, 2004, 06:03 AM
"Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> <SNIP>
> They claim they strongly support local tackle shops and their dealer
network
> > and pledge to NEVER sell to BPS and the X-Marts.
>
> That's very strange considering the fact that the local BPS in Auburn
Hill,
> Mi. sells both the Yamamoto and the Kanami brand.

That's news to me. Those statements about not selling to BPS and the Marts
have been made by GYCB employees on their forum.

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
October 6th, 2004, 02:48 PM
I just bought both brands there a couple of weeks ago.

"Marty" > wrote in message

> "Jerry Barton (NervisRek)" > wrote in message
> > <SNIP>
> > They claim they strongly support local tackle shops and their dealer
> network
> > > and pledge to NEVER sell to BPS and the X-Marts.
> >
> > That's very strange considering the fact that the local BPS in Auburn
> Hill,
> > Mi. sells both the Yamamoto and the Kanami brand.
>
> That's news to me. Those statements about not selling to BPS and the Marts
> have been made by GYCB employees on their forum.

alwaysfishking
October 6th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Cabellas sells them too