PDA

View Full Version : ebay seller alert" big_cod"

STEPHEN
October 6th, 2004, 04:20 PM
just to let you good folks know,sent payment for rigs of this seller in
early sept,still waiting,...case of buyer beware,..not alot of cash involved
but still of all, guy said hed posted them but no post receipt shown so not
sure wether he did post or not,..even emailed me to suggest id received them
and was just trying to cadge cash back,...however, reported to ebay fraud
dept,...case of buyer beware!!, S

PhilG
October 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM
"STEPHEN" > wrote in message
> just to let you good folks know,sent payment for rigs of this seller in
> early sept,still waiting,...case of buyer beware,..not alot of cash
involved
> but still of all, guy said hed posted them but no post receipt shown so
not
> sure wether he did post or not,..even emailed me to suggest id received
them
> and was just trying to cadge cash back,...however, reported to ebay fraud
> dept,...case of buyer beware!!, S

It has happened to me, but as a seller. Sent the goods off, forgot to get a
certificate of posting. It does happen

PhilG
October 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM
"STEPHEN" > wrote in message
> just to let you good folks know,sent payment for rigs of this seller in
> early sept,still waiting,...case of buyer beware,..not alot of cash
involved
> but still of all, guy said hed posted them but no post receipt shown so
not
> sure wether he did post or not,..even emailed me to suggest id received
them
> and was just trying to cadge cash back,...however, reported to ebay fraud
> dept,...case of buyer beware!!, S

It has happened to me, but as a seller. Sent the goods off, forgot to get a
certificate of posting. It does happen

STEPHEN
October 6th, 2004, 04:56 PM
happens it dose no doubt, thing is seller emailed me and told me they have
postage receipt and i asked them to scan it and let me see it, but still
waiting 1 month later, hence the warning,if id seen proof id av put it down
to bad luck,however,thats not the case,...and no better place to let the
fishing buyers know a little of the possible outcomes of buying of a
reported seller, that being "big_cod" whos his next bait going to be? S

STEPHEN
October 6th, 2004, 04:56 PM
happens it dose no doubt, thing is seller emailed me and told me they have
postage receipt and i asked them to scan it and let me see it, but still
waiting 1 month later, hence the warning,if id seen proof id av put it down
to bad luck,however,thats not the case,...and no better place to let the
fishing buyers know a little of the possible outcomes of buying of a
reported seller, that being "big_cod" whos his next bait going to be? S

Brutus Gold
October 6th, 2004, 07:21 PM
"STEPHEN" > wrote in message
> happens it dose no doubt, thing is seller emailed me and told me they have
> postage receipt and i asked them to scan it and let me see it, but still
> waiting 1 month later, hence the warning,if id seen proof id av put it
> down
> to bad luck,however,thats not the case,...and no better place to let the
> fishing buyers know a little of the possible outcomes of buying of a
> reported seller, that being "big_cod" whos his next bait going to be? S

I bought some rotten bottoms off big cod. they where a little late but did
arrive. they put it down to there computer breaking down.

seemed ok though

Paul Wilson
October 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I regularly use Ebay both as a buyer and seller.I have experienced this
problem from both sides of the arguement.

But have found that it is usually the Post Office system which is to
blame.When problems do occur its usually late deliveries,or wrong
addresses.Occasionally items have gone missing (lost or stolen).

Ebay does have some dodgy sellers,although you should check feedback ratings
before bidding.If not happy,don't bid.
"STEPHEN" > wrote in message
> just to let you good folks know,sent payment for rigs of this seller in
> early sept,still waiting,...case of buyer beware,..not alot of cash
involved
> but still of all, guy said hed posted them but no post receipt shown so
not
> sure wether he did post or not,..even emailed me to suggest id received
them
> and was just trying to cadge cash back,...however, reported to ebay fraud
> dept,...case of buyer beware!!, S

Paul Wilson
October 10th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Yes it is a good record.Many Ebayers anyway when they get negative will
change thier ID and start again.

Some people are intent on giving you negative no matter what you
do........seems to make them feel good.Personally I only ever do it as a
last resort and would go to great lengths to avoid it.

I had one person who bought an item from me,and he waited three months and
then gave me negative,saying the item didn't work.By the time I saw the
feedback I couldn't reply to it.......done deliberately in my opinion.He
never mentioned anything during the three months about problems.VERY
ANNOYING.My current rating is 273 with just 2 negatives........

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:42:27 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Wilson"
> > wrote:
>
> >I regularly use Ebay both as a buyer and seller.I have experienced this
> >problem from both sides of the arguement.
> >
> >But have found that it is usually the Post Office system which is to
> >blame.When problems do occur its usually late deliveries,or wrong
> >addresses.Occasionally items have gone missing (lost or stolen).
> >
> >Ebay does have some dodgy sellers,although you should check feedback
ratings
> >before bidding.If not happy,don't bid.
> >"STEPHEN" > wrote in message
> >> just to let you good folks know,sent payment for rigs of this seller in
> >> early sept,still waiting,...case of buyer beware,..not alot of cash
> >involved
> >> but still of all, guy said hed posted them but no post receipt shown so
> >not
> >> sure wether he did post or not,..even emailed me to suggest id received
> >them
> >> and was just trying to cadge cash back,...however, reported to ebay
fraud
> >> dept,...case of buyer beware!!, S
>

> I took a look at the sellers feedback rating. For his 35 eBay sales
> he has 34 positives feedbacks and 1 negative feedback (which I presume
> was from the OP.) That's an excellent record that I would think the
> seller would not want to jeopardize for a relatively small sale.

Brutus Gold
October 10th, 2004, 10:54 AM
"Paul Wilson" > wrote in message
> Yes it is a good record.Many Ebayers anyway when they get negative will
> change thier ID and start again.
>
> Some people are intent on giving you negative no matter what you
> do........seems to make them feel good.Personally I only ever do it as a
> last resort and would go to great lengths to avoid it.
>
> I had one person who bought an item from me,and he waited three months and
> then gave me negative,saying the item didn't work.By the time I saw the
> feedback I couldn't reply to it.......done deliberately in my opinion.He
> never mentioned anything during the three months about problems.VERY
> ANNOYING.My current rating is 273 with just 2 negatives........

You could always wait untill he has something for sale, something cheap and
get him back!....

I know it is petty but eh, cant stand people who leave negative feedback
without talking to the seller first.

the other thing i hate is when sellers wait for the buyer to leave
feedback. even though the buyer probably paid with paypal the same day as
the auction ended. the buyer has done there bit and should be left feedback
straight away.

i have lost a few feedback comments as i wont leave a comment before the
seller.

I have had them email me asking for me to leave feedback, even though i paid
within minutes of the auction ending!

Alex
October 10th, 2004, 02:31 PM
"Brutus Gold" > wrote in message
> You could always wait untill he has something for sale, something cheap
> and get him back!....
Dont forget that anything you write down as feedback can be defined as
liable! in a court of law.
E-Bay do warn you of this.

Alex
October 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM
"Brutus Gold" > wrote in message

> the other thing i hate is when sellers wait for the buyer to leave
> feedback. even though the buyer probably paid with paypal the same day as
> the auction ended. the buyer has done there bit and should be left
> feedback straight away.
Me too, dealers are the main culprits here.

Derek
November 14th, 2004, 11:13 PM

> <snip> Kid Curry posted
>
> You think that's bad...heck I was left a neg from a non-paying bidder
> because,
> and I quote, "for giving a non-paying bidder warning without warning". I
kid
> you not!!!
>
> He went on to accumulate a good deal more negative feedback then
> de-registered.
> Presumably, as you say, to return in a different guise. My only other neg
> out of more
> than 400 is from a seller who changed the content of the described auction
> lot and
> when I complained to him ignored my emails, then left me neg because he
> claimed he
> "tried to email me twice and both mails bounced" - something that never
> happened
> or since, plus he had my phone number anyway but didn't attempt to use it.

I hope you used the facility thats allows you to comment on feedback to
register your dissapproval of an obvious idiot btw emails operate on the
Sod's/Paddy's internet protocol, which means when everything is working
perfectly its usually because something is busted. I'm getting about 20
spams daily that get past my message rules but I know some of my legit mails
are getting lost for no good reason.
Derek

---

Derek