PDA

View Full Version : Shared weight in 2005?

Christopher P. Cericola
October 8th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I was looking at the open/elite 50 trail for next year and they had a
paragraph about riders will now have a 3-fish limit but will get to count
their driver's 5-fish limit to their total? I thought a bit about this but
it just doesn't seem to sit well with me. It is possible that a person with
no fishing ability could pay the entry fee, do nothing, and still place
somewhere in the money because of their driver.

In fact, a good rider could be punished with a bad driver while a bad rider
could benefit from a great driver.

Am I misunderstanding this or does this really seem as bad as I think it
sounds?

Joe Z
October 8th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Sounds like they are copying what the walleye trails have done for years.
Joe Z.

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
I was looking at the open/elite 50 trail for next year and they had a
paragraph about riders will now have a 3-fish limit but will get to count
their driver's 5-fish limit to their total? I thought a bit about this but
it just doesn't seem to sit well with me. It is possible that a person with
no fishing ability could pay the entry fee, do nothing, and still place
somewhere in the money because of their driver.

In fact, a good rider could be punished with a bad driver while a bad rider
could benefit from a great driver.

Am I misunderstanding this or does this really seem as bad as I think it
sounds?

go-bassn
October 8th, 2004, 04:50 PM
You get in the back of Shaw Grigsby's rig while he's bed-fishing & you'll be
glad his weight counts lol...

Warren

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> I was looking at the open/elite 50 trail for next year and they had a
> paragraph about riders will now have a 3-fish limit but will get to count
> their driver's 5-fish limit to their total? I thought a bit about this
but
> it just doesn't seem to sit well with me. It is possible that a person
with
> no fishing ability could pay the entry fee, do nothing, and still place
> somewhere in the money because of their driver.
>
> In fact, a good rider could be punished with a bad driver while a bad
rider
> could benefit from a great driver.
>
> Am I misunderstanding this or does this really seem as bad as I think it
> sounds?

Christopher P. Cericola
October 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< You get in the back of Shaw Grigsby's rig while he's bed-fishing & you'll
be glad his weight counts lol... >

THat's my point..winning the rider side isn't necessarily skill anymore..all
it takes is being partenered with a very skilled pro. As a rider, I could
cull 3 bass for 12 lbs which is a pretty decent limit..but get killed
because my driver sleeps at the wheel.

Christopher

go-bassn
October 8th, 2004, 05:27 PM
No offense Chris, but you've got it backwards.

WW

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < You get in the back of Shaw Grigsby's rig while he's bed-fishing &
you'll
> be glad his weight counts lol... >
>
> THat's my point..winning the rider side isn't necessarily skill
anymore..all
> it takes is being partenered with a very skilled pro. As a rider, I could
> cull 3 bass for 12 lbs which is a pretty decent limit..but get killed
> because my driver sleeps at the wheel.
>
> Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
October 8th, 2004, 05:48 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< No offense Chris, but you've got it backwards. >

Got it backwards? How so?

Christopher

go-bassn
October 8th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Let's just say that winning as an amateur in these things has little to do
with skill. It's all about getting the good rides.

Warren

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < No offense Chris, but you've got it backwards. >
>
> Got it backwards? How so?
>
> Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
October 8th, 2004, 07:41 PM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< Let's just say that winning as an amateur in these things has little to do
with skill. It's all about getting the good rides. >

I see your point. But I think with this combined weight it will really show
that more and remove any competition on the rider side.

BTW - I haven't heard from Bill so I'm assuming there was no rider seat
available for either the next two tournies?

Christopher

Thundercat
October 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:41:53 -0400, "Christopher P. Cericola"
> wrote:

>"go-bassn" > wrote in message
>< Let's just say that winning as an amateur in these things has little to do
>with skill. It's all about getting the good rides. >
>
>I see your point. But I think with this combined weight it will really show
>that more and remove any competition on the rider side.
>
>BTW - I haven't heard from Bill so I'm assuming there was no rider seat
>available for either the next two tournies?
>
>Christopher

I believe you are paired up for Round Valley with Bill. I could be
wrong, but that's the way I remember it going down. I have to suffer
behind the human vacuum for that tournament and hope he leaves a dink
or two for me. I can see it now: 50 fish caught, 0 fish weighed...all
11 3/4 inches long. Warren 5 fish 21bs...If we don't sink, that is.
:-)

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 8th, 2004, 09:00 PM
"Thundercat" > wrote in message
< human vacuum >

Warren?

Christopher

go-bassn
October 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
You are correct, Chris is with Bill at RVR. No seat on the river for him
unfortunately.

As for you Harry, just call me "Hoover". lol, we'll have a blast (if we
don't sink).

Warren

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:41:53 -0400, "Christopher P. Cericola"
> > wrote:
>

> >"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> >< Let's just say that winning as an amateur in these things has little to
do
> >with skill. It's all about getting the good rides. >
> >
> >I see your point. But I think with this combined weight it will really
show
> >that more and remove any competition on the rider side.
> >
> >BTW - I haven't heard from Bill so I'm assuming there was no rider seat
> >available for either the next two tournies?
> >
> >Christopher
> >

> I believe you are paired up for Round Valley with Bill. I could be
> wrong, but that's the way I remember it going down. I have to suffer
> behind the human vacuum for that tournament and hope he leaves a dink
> or two for me. I can see it now: 50 fish caught, 0 fish weighed...all
> 11 3/4 inches long. Warren 5 fish 21bs...If we don't sink, that is.
> :-)
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 9th, 2004, 12:26 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< No seat on the river for him unfortunately. >

Not a big deal - I wasn't 100% sure but I'm in a buddy tournament down on
Union. It's not like I liked the Delaware. :)

Christopher

go-bassn
October 9th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Tri-Stater's love the Delaware ...

WW

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < No seat on the river for him unfortunately. >
>
> Not a big deal - I wasn't 100% sure but I'm in a buddy tournament down on
> Union. It's not like I liked the Delaware. :)
>
> Christopher

Christopher P. Cericola
October 9th, 2004, 02:57 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< Tri-Stater's love the Delaware ... >

You love running your boats fast. :) Ya get those pics?

Christopher

alwaysfishking
October 9th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Good luck Harry.. hey Warren isn't that where you caught that 10 lber? I'll
be fishing the shore for trout :-)...not!!!!!!!!!!

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:41:53 -0400, "Christopher P. Cericola"
> > wrote:
>

> >"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> >< Let's just say that winning as an amateur in these things has little to
do
> >with skill. It's all about getting the good rides. >
> >
> >I see your point. But I think with this combined weight it will really
show
> >that more and remove any competition on the rider side.
> >
> >BTW - I haven't heard from Bill so I'm assuming there was no rider seat
> >available for either the next two tournies?
> >
> >Christopher
> >

> I believe you are paired up for Round Valley with Bill. I could be
> wrong, but that's the way I remember it going down. I have to suffer
> behind the human vacuum for that tournament and hope he leaves a dink
> or two for me. I can see it now: 50 fish caught, 0 fish weighed...all
> 11 3/4 inches long. Warren 5 fish 21bs...If we don't sink, that is.
> :-)
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

go-bassn
October 9th, 2004, 04:16 AM
True. Pics? What pics?

Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < Tri-Stater's love the Delaware ... >
>
> You love running your boats fast. :) Ya get those pics?
>
> Christopher

go-bassn
October 9th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Lol 10 pounder? I said it was BIG lol.

We always fish there in the spring when the bass are "up". This could be a
very tough early-fall tournament.

Warren
--

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Good luck Harry.. hey Warren isn't that where you caught that 10 lber?
> I'll
> be fishing the shore for trout :-)...not!!!!!!!!!!
>

> "Thundercat" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:41:53 -0400, "Christopher P. Cericola"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> >< Let's just say that winning as an amateur in these things has little
> do
>> >with skill. It's all about getting the good rides. >
>> >
>> >I see your point. But I think with this combined weight it will really
> show
>> >that more and remove any competition on the rider side.
>> >
>> >BTW - I haven't heard from Bill so I'm assuming there was no rider seat
>> >available for either the next two tournies?
>> >
>> >Christopher
>> >

>> I believe you are paired up for Round Valley with Bill. I could be
>> wrong, but that's the way I remember it going down. I have to suffer
>> behind the human vacuum for that tournament and hope he leaves a dink
>> or two for me. I can see it now: 50 fish caught, 0 fish weighed...all
>> 11 3/4 inches long. Warren 5 fish 21bs...If we don't sink, that is.
>> :-)
>>
>> Harry J aka Thundercat
>> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
>> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
>> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 9th, 2004, 11:38 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< True. Pics? What pics? >

Guess not - from the weigh in. I'll resend the email with the link.

go-bassn
October 9th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Still haven't gotten it Chris - whereare you sending it???

WW

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < True. Pics? What pics? >
>
> Guess not - from the weigh in. I'll resend the email with the link.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 9th, 2004, 08:30 PM
donwar?

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Still haven't gotten it Chris - whereare you sending it???
>
> WW
>
> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> groups.com...
>>
>> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> < True. Pics? What pics? >
>>
>> Guess not - from the weigh in. I'll resend the email with the link.

go-bassn
October 9th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Yep

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
groups.com...
> donwar?
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Still haven't gotten it Chris - whereare you sending it???
> >
> > WW
> >
> > "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in
message
> > groups.com...
> >>
> >> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> >> < True. Pics? What pics? >
> >>
> >> Guess not - from the weigh in. I'll resend the email with the link.

Christopher P. Cericola
October 9th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I've sent ANOTHER. Ify ou don't get this, email me, and I'll reply.
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Yep
>
> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> groups.com...
>> donwar?
>>
>> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> > Still haven't gotten it Chris - whereare you sending it???
>> >
>> > WW
>> >
>> > "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in
> message
>> > groups.com...